View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2 6 years ago

Yes, because having the flu sucks and while I'm healthy now and it likely wouldn't kill me, I might infect someone elderly or in bad health that could die from it. Sometimes the shots don't match up well but there's really not any good reasons for people not to get them. Even if you don't have insurance they are $10 and can be gotten at almost any pharmacy with only a few minutes wait.

#11 6 years ago

The amount of absolute nonsense that people believe in this country is scary. 99% of things online are nothing but propaganda with absolutely no medical evidence or it is based off completely biased medical studies used to manipulate you.

It's sort of like the antibiotic free chicken, non GMO products, grain free dog food, and so on and so on. All of these things are nothing but sales tactics and people that buy into them truly have zero clue how the USDA works or how your food is grown. It's scary how easily people are manipulated based on anything they see on TV or read on facebook. Yes there are dogs that are allergic to grains, yes there are people with medical conditions that require certain diets, but the average pet or person does not fall into any of these catagories.

There are literally cases of measles in this country now, lots of them in fact. People are incredibly stupid.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Never have because I believe you have a better chance of catching it from the shot than you do of the shot preventing you from getting it - there are too many strains and too much other crap in a vaccination shot. This has always been my view on it then a year ago I heard my boss' story about contracting GBS from it, nearly dying (he was resuscitated three(!) times, being paralyzed for months and having to rehab from that. His experience has solidified my decision not to get one. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Guillain-Barr%C3%A9-Syndrome-Fact-Sheet

The injectable one is a killed vaccine, you cannot get the flu from it.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

You are hilarious! Show me one! ONE DOUBLE BLIND PLACEBO CONTROLLED STUDY of the efficacy of any vaccines! THERE ARE NONE! You know how much education doctors get on vaccines? They get a sheet of paper that says here's the vaccines and this is when you typically give them to children. That's it! NO EDUCATION AT ALL. They are just told....oh vaccines yes everyone needs them and everyone should get them! HAVE A NICE DAY!
Vaccines are dangerous! Every vaccine not only contains mercury but Nagalase an enzyme that basically shuts your immune system off so your body will produce anti-bodies from the vaccine. In every cancer patient Nagalase levels in their blood is off the charts!
Also vaccines create anti-bodies by mutating with a person's DNA. Cancer is caused by MUTATION! There is nothing worse you can do than put a vaccine in your system.

There is literally nothing accurate in this statement.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

What about the Thiemosol in the vaccines? MSDS Datasheets from Eli Lily have stated that it is so toxic that it can cause severe mental retardation, severe motor impairment and even death in humans. Every vaccines contains 25mcg of it....toxic enough to cause death in any creature 550lbs or less. The fact that you think this is perfectly ok to inject into your body because it's a vaccine (and vaccines are suppose to be good for us. They help protect us) shows me that you are oblivious to the dangers of this substance out there.
Thimerosal is a poison, neurotoxin, cancer-causer, and can interrupt the immune system and the normal development of an unborn baby or a child. Thimerosal is so toxic that putting it on your skin is illegal. However, the government not only allows but also defends its injection into the population, especially pregnant women and newborn children, as part of influenza vaccines currently recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Sorry man you can show me all the safety crap stating this stuff is necessary for your health but there is nothing healthy or good that they are injecting into your body. If you can't see that then you are a special kind of st00pid!

Once again nothing in this statement is correct. Some vaccines can contain up to 25mcg of thiemosol. Thiemosol is not used in vaccines for children under 6 for the most part in USA, Canada, and almost all of Europe. Thiemosol used to be a vital part of vaccines as it is a strong antifungal and antiseptic agent and it protected the vaccines and prevented staph infections from the vaccines. It is also never been proven to case any secondary side affects in adults or children from vaccines. I'm not sure were you are getting your info but it's completely incorrect. Thiemosol was removed from routine children vaccines because of the concerns on mercury side affects even though nothing was ever proven. It was purely precautionary. People like you that spread scientifically incorrect information as facts are extremely dangerous.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Just explain to me how you think it's perfectly safe to inject a completely toxic substance into a human body?
If I was your doctor and about to immunize you for the Flu and before I administered it to you said....OK this is the Flu Vaccine and it does contain Thimerosal which has been scientifically show to be a poison, neuro-toxin, cancer-causer, and can interrupt your immune system. In fact Thimerosal is so toxic that putting if I put it on your skin it would be illegal and I could goto jail. But I'm just going to inject this right into your body because the US Centers for Disease Control says it's completely safe injected into your body would you still let me give you the shot? Because basically that's the snow job they are selling you when they give you a vaccine.

Everything is toxic to the human body. It's a simple matter of how much creates and actual issue. The vast majority of things in your kitchen are toxic to you. You can have whatever views on vaccines that you want. People will believe whatever biased media nonsense that they want. Don't vaccinate yourself or your kids. Just don't whine or run up healthcare costs when you have an issue. Sit at home and die like a man like O-din is.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

There is mercury in vaccines... no thanks.

There's mercury in your food also, and in your soil, and in your water, and in your air. Better stop eating, drinking, and breathing.

Quoted from Chicoman:

I just want someone's logical explanation who is pro vaccine to explain why they think it's perfect safe to inject a substance that is completely toxic, cancer causing and a neuro-toxin to the touch perfectly ok to inject into your body and not suffer similar or worse effects from this substance? This is the equivalent of saying.....It's dangerous to eat a Tide Pod and you could die....but it's perfectly ok to inject it into your body! TRUST ME I'm A DOCTOR!
Give me a logical explanation! I'm a reasonable person....just give me a logical explanation why you feel it's perfectly ok to do that?
The Hippocratic Oath says if a doctor can do no good they certainly must do no harm "I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

Maybe it's because Dr's know more about medicine then you? Maybe they have also seen their patients die of the Flu and do not want to see that happen again. Or maybe you are the medical expert. If you do not trust your Dr. then you need to find a new one. Vaccines are not perfect but they have saved millions of lives. There can be reactions to them but the positives outweigh the negatives a million fold. If you are not willing to open your eyes to that then I do not know what to tell you. Dr's prescribe poison to patients every day. It's because that poison will keep that patient alive longer or gives them a chance at a longer, healthier life.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you take a vaccine just because its free??? Lol......WOOOOOOOOOW JUST WOW!! I dont even know what to say.

I think you may be reading too much into that. Most larger employers now offer flu vaccination onsite free of charge on a certain day for your employees. They are trying to prevent half the staff being out and crippling the business. Why wouldn't he get a flu shot when its free, a perk of working their, and he doesn't even have to leave work to get it. I'd say that is smart on the employers part and on his part.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well like i said, im not gonna get into a big discussion or any arguments on this subject. I value your opinions about pinball on this forum and i enjoy your posts, but i dont agree with you about flu shots at all. Its all good though and not a big deal, nobody agrees on everything.

Nor do you need too. Your a good dude and agreeing makes the world boring

But I don't think it's fair to act like someone is an idiot for getting a free convenient flu shot from their employer. We all know how people are and if something is mildly difficult people will just skip it. It's smart for employers to give their employees this option as it makes it a very easy decision for them. If they want a flu shot they can get it and not have to do anything extra. If they do not want it they don't have to take it.

Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, each individual has the right to decide how he or her wants to take care of their health and it is nobody elses place to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.
When people go back to minding their own business and quit trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats, the world will be a better place.

Adults can make their own choices. Unfortunately adults are also making the choices for their children and there should be standards set so the public health concerns are not created by people with good intentions that just did not make the right choice.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I won't tell people not to get a flu shot, just like I would hope people would not tell me to get one.
That's like telling fat people not to eat too much. Yeah, like they are going to listen while they are stuffing their faces with the crap that makes them unhealthy in the first place.

Has this been a real issue in your life? I've never had anyone tell me to not get a flu shot and the only people that have ever told me to get one is my mom and my general care Dr.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No issue at all.
People are always telling others what they should do or should not do. Like when DDT was a great way to keep bugs off your plants. Or let's sit and watch that atomic bomb go off in the Nevada as our hair gets blown back.
I do my own research, make my own choices, and never follow the herd to the slaughter.
Or as my wise mother once said, if you saw somebody jump off a cliff, would you do the same?

Is there water at the bottom and does it look like fun? Those are the real questions that need to be answered.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you have a life threatening emergency, hope you get a good one and not some hack. They do save lives.
It's been about five years since I had to go see one, but it was fairly obvious I shouldn't let that melanoma on the back of my leg try to heal itself for another year.
I don't go unless something is seriously wrong. Not for a cough or some antibiotics to kill a flu, because that won't work anyway. Or a shot if I'm feeling healthy. But again, they can and do save lives.

Not wise but it's your life. Yearly screening with full blood panels are key to catching things early and adding years to your life in many cases. Most insurance covers it and it's foolish not to do. Pinside will be boring in a few years if you don't start taking better care of yourself.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm not sure what you are saying by most of that statement, but natural immunity by definition:
Naturally acquired active immunity occurs when a person is exposed to a live pathogen, and develops a primary immune response, which leads to immunological memory. This type of immunity is "natural" because it is not induced by deliberate exposure.
It applies to both viral and bacterial pathogens.

You forgot to mention the massive amount of human die off that occurs to build this natural immunity. Sure, why no go back to huge amounts of the population dying off from illness that can be prevented. People are always OK with this until it actually affects them.

Quoted from chad:

All due respect to doctors, but they are trained to just put you on prescriptions. You feel down, take these. It bothers my stomache, well try this. eventually your on so many meds , your a zombie.

Just like in every profession there is a range from outstanding to poor. If you truly feel this way about your doctor you need to find another one. There are tons of excellent ones that are passionate about healthcare that continue to work and learn and actually want to help you.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I couldn't agree more.
When people are trying to convince other people that a scientific approach over rules a natural approach, that sounds like a conspiracy to me.

There are lots of places in the world that are still living this natural approach dream that some of you seem to want. You can always go check them out and see for yourself how it's working.

One thing I've noticed about people is that they do not believe in science or medicine and they avoid it like the plague until they have to have it and then expect everyone drop everything and use science to save their ass.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the basic difference between women and the real men in this country.

This one is the funniest of all to me. A sick women can work a sick man into the ground. Men are all the biggest babies in the world when they are sick. I'm not sure what's different or why but a sick women seems to still function while a sick man does nothing but lay in bed and whine.

Most of these real men that you speak of are the same tough guys crying for medical help and trying to find Jesus when their time comes.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And a well woman can nag a whipped man into the ground.

I've never experienced this. Perhaps I'm not whipped or maybe my woman is not well?

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yeah, and you have to get vaccinations to go visit them safely.

Not if you are a manly man....

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what the educated men of science told me.

I sincerely doubt that and if they did they certainly were not educated on tetanus.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's all I need to know. Some got it and some don't. Some take shots and some don't. Some need lots of medical care, and some don't. Some will only survive living in a bubble, and some won't.
Proves to me we all don't need the same treatments. And there is no reason in my mind that we should.

It was the guy giving the shot when I stuck a nail thru my finger.
If you can't trust his advice and judgement, then who's can you?

I picture you after a few beers out in your yard arguing with a fence post that untreated fence posts last better the treated ones.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I know you are trolling now, come on man. Might as well say "I'm not hungry, therefore hunger doesn't exist."

Is he ever not trolling?

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trolling.. the ultimate response to somebody who has a different point of view when you have exhausted all other illogical attempts to sway them.
Ha! Ha Ha!

I've stated over and over that I could care less if you take vaccines or not. Your health is not my problem. You like to take different view points and troll as much as possible though. It's usually pretty funny and no one takes it very serious. Maybe troll is not the correct term, maybe pot stirrer is more accurate.

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

How dare he take opposing views! Probably more of a pot smoker than stirrer... freakin’ California hippies!!

People can have whatever views they want. His are often intentionally opposite just too stir the pot though. It's all in good fun, O-din is usually pretty funny.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This has been a fairly civil discussion and most have posted their reasons for taking or not taking a flu shot. I've posted my view and at no time did I say those that were were doing me a disservice.
There are a few however that have insisted that those that choose not to are doing them and everybody else a disservice or are just plain morons. So for those few and ONLY those few I am going to ask a serious question-
Are you overweight or obese in any way? If so you have to go on a diet and lose that weight because you are unhealthy that way and the overburdened health care industry does not need the extra work and expense it will take to try fix the problems you have caused by stuffing your face. There is no reason you need to eat so much while so many people are starving elsewhere. Also most normal people don't want to be exposed to whatever diseases you might carry because of the unhealthy state you are in.

Not sure if this is directed at me or not as I haven't called anyone a moron but if it is I'm 5'10 and 165lbs and am not fat. I know odds were in your favor with this being a pinball forum though.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Not bad, thanks for not eating too much. I always had a theory that thin people are constipated.. are you constipated a lot?

Nothing a few California street tacos can't fix.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only wimps get heptitias.

Studies have shown that getting hepatitis is great for you.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually I got mine the old fashioned way, by banging Pamela Anderson.

Liar, you got yours from Kidd Rock who got his from Pamela Anderson.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have a buddy who took the “doctors” advice. Went on Lipitor and cut way back on fats.....which meant more carbs. He only got worse, had to go on blood pressure medicine and was on the verge of diabetes. He became fatter and was miserable. He then did a 180, told his “doctor” to f**k off and stopped Lipitor and all carbs and just ate fatty protein and vegetables. Lost 100 pounds and has never been healthier and happier..doesn’t need blood pressure meds, no more diabetes concerns and his cholesterol is fine now...so yeah......I don’t trust “doctors”. The medical community makes money off sick people, so why would they try to make you better?

Every business has to make money to stay open. So avoiding your doctor because he gets paid to go to work makes zero sense.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm all for preventative maintenance to keep from getting sick, but my elderly mother sometimes forgets to drink enough water and fainted the day after Christmas.
One night in emergency, a few tests, a couple IVs to rehydrate her, one lousy meal, and I checked her out the next morning.
Final bill $30,000.

I'm with you on the cost of medical care. It's rediculous. My wife and I own a veterinary practice and use mostly the exact same equipment and in many cases the same surgical techniques. It would have been about $600-800 if she was a dog or cat instead of a human. You would have probably felt a lot better about the care from us also as our business depends on excellent service and trust to succeed.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's funny because the insurance company basically scoffed at that bill, and whittled it down to whatever they would pay. And she still insists she was in that hospital for a week so I guess she got her moneys worth. lol
Now when I was unemployed and uninsured and got staph once, I went to the same place and asked up front what it would cost to look at it and treat it. Or at least what it would cost to look at it. They said we cannot divulge that information. Basically once you walk thru the door, you will pay whatever we bill you. When the doctor finally looked at it he took about five minutes and prescribed the penicillin I needed and that bill was $5000. Took some hagling and fighting later but I got it down to I think around $2000.
You want to live, you pay! Or take your chances and your swollen leg elsewhere.

Rediculous, if a dog comes in the owner knows the exact price of the exam ($42) and the then gets a quote for whatever treatment is needed. It's sad that dogs get treated better then humans and that I can make decent money doing the same things better in many cases for 1/50th the cost of human medicine.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the auto business if we do not give a written estimate for repairs we get put out of business.
In a hospital there is nobody to discuss money with until after your treatment and they decide how many services and people they can bill you for.

And that's why insurance skyrockets every year.

#327 6 years ago

The big difference is a veterinarian is providing a service that people have to be able to afford or they simply will decline it. Veterinarians often come out of school with higher debt then human doctors and they have to actually fix multiple species and are a general care doctor, surgeon, emergency doctor, etc all in one. If you can't help the patient and provide affordable options the client will just not come back. If that happens enough times you go out of business. There is zero accountability in the US on the human medical side. You can't just blow people off or pass them on to a specialist in veterinary medicine. People for the most part cannot afford that so you either help them or loose the client. That certainly motivates you a lot more to try harder and do the right thing.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is. And the doctors and hospitals stroke the insurance companies as hard as they can because they know the insurance companies will whittle them down.
And of course there are the lawsuits " You fixed my heart, but now my liver doesn't work!"
And who gets caught in between all this? The honest cash paying guy who just needs a shot of penicillin so he can keep his leg.
And they wouldn't even do that! Here's your prescription sir....

Sad part of all of that even if they Dr wanted to stick it to you and charge $200 for the exam, then you have $20 for a blood draw, the staff test is $78 (the same companies do human and veterinary lab testing) so they double it to $156. Penicillin injection for your size would be about $24 cost so say $75 with Mark up. So you would closer to $445 and they should make around 50% profit at that crazy inflated price.

#333 6 years ago

The "Elite" don't get em, and zombie apocalypses from Will Smith movies?

That's really the best that you two could come up with? I heard that the government is putting mind control agents in your tap water. Better drink straight from the creek to avoid it.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

SHUT UP JERK! Girls liked me, I swear!

You know what they say, there's someone for everyone. And if not you can always pay to play.

#362 6 years ago

No doubt that vaccines can cause reactions or set off a chain of events that results in death. It is extremely rare in healthy people that have not had vaccine reaction issues in the past though. People have to decide for themselves if the good outweighs the bad. You are currently about 1200x more likely to die from the Flu then from the vaccine though.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It might be a little too late by now, don't you think?
Anyway, it's easy to generalize and say more people got sick or died that did not get vaccinations when not even close to half got vaccinated before the flu hit.

The effectiveness of the vaccine is different every year, I don't think anyone would argue that. Some years it's not very effective at all while others it's extremely effective. You would need 20 years or so of data to get a real average that would mean a lot.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I paid 18 years for not using one and still more to go. Best non investment I ever made.
Always looking to add some humor, and after being involved with this thread for the last few days, I have noticed two distinctly different schools of thought.

There used to be more wolves but several died from preventable diseases. Those 2 laying down are probably stricken with polio.

I'm especially confused because I thought herds were good for the immune system?

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats how they got rid of the flu back in the old wild west days. A good shot of whiskey or Bourbon did the trick every time! Was the flu even a thing back then?

No clue were this gets it's data or how accurate it is but it appears to have been a leading cause of death at that time as well.
http://cowboytocowboy.com/wordpress/2012/03/12/477/

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thumbs up for linking to “cowboytocowboy.com” - i figured it would be a Brokeback Mountain themed dating site, but instead its Wilford Brimly talkin’ ‘bout the good old days. Excellent stuff!

Nothing but 100% scientific facts on that page. It's on the internet after all so it must be true.

7 months later
#469 5 years ago

If your going to post shit try to make sure it is at least close to the truth.

Most flu shots are currently given from single dose vials. Only multi does vials use thimerosal which is a ethyl mercury based preservative. So if you don't want any thimerosal just call around and make sure the place you go uses single dose vials. Those getting a shot from a multi dose vails containing thimerosal should also know that it contains about 25 micrograms per dose. I'd have to go back and look at some studies but I believe one can of tuna fish on average has about 30 micrograms of mercury in it.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Absolutely not. Not going to the doc unless I have to. They have too much money anyway and are guessing whats wrong. Ever notice the "practicing" medicine line? It means we are guinea pigs for sawbones to experiment on. About time for another medical recall for something that wasn't tested. Count me out.

What's funny about people that say things like this is that they are the first in line screaming for medicine to save them when something really is wrong.

"Dr's are quacks that are just guessing"
"I'm sorry to tell you , but you have cancer"
"You gotta save me doc"

#508 5 years ago

How many people think that O-din would be adamantly fighting for flu shots if everyone else was against them?

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]
Before this thread, I honestly didn't realize there were so many people adamant about trying to get other people to do what they don't want to and are not legally inclined to do.
One thing I'm not doing is telling others that are getting them not to. It's up to the individual as it should be.

I think you missed the point. You pretty much take the opposite stance on everything because it amuses you and I'll even admit at times it's funny.

I dont think anyone here really cares if you get a flu shot or not. No one is telling you what to do. They are just starting their opinions just like you are.

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I take the opposite stance on things it is not because the majority take another, it is because it is the stance I am taking whether others are or not. If you find it funny, then I guess that is a bonus.
And just because a few on a pinball forum choose to get flu vaccines, there are still quite a few that have said they aren't, and I'm guessing the majority of the world's population doesn't. So opposite of what?

Sure O-din, you dont enjoy being the opposite pot stirrer.

I have no issue with it, but at least own it.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are people who definitely care, thats why they are so adamant about it. Some of these people really try to shove their beliefs down your throat on this subject. If you dont believe in flu shots they call you a conspiracy theorist, a nut job, all kinds of things.

They really dont, it's just a discussion with opinions no different then someone that thinks bm66 is great and someone who thinks it sucks.

1 year later
#1641 4 years ago

This thread could be used as further evidence that this country has a major mental health crisis.

1 week later
#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

I dont see a question but it doesnt change my stance. I am not getting a vaccine that can injure me because others think i should. I am not afraid of mump, measles, rubella, polio, ebola, the flu or chicken pox...why would i feel the need to get a vaccine? Even if they made it illegal i would not get them. Fact: most vaccines were invented after a natural decline in the disease yet people claim they saved us...not true.

This is a rediculous statement. You dont have fear of these diseases because vaccines largely eradicated them. Live in a time when they were real threats and you would have been pushing down children and old people to get the vaccines. Stances like this only ensure history repeats itself.

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Vaccines eradicated disease is the ridiculous statement...most of these diseases were in decline before the vaccine was invented. If these diseases come back, i will make an informed decision then if i want a vaccine.

So were did measles go? You cant really be that dense. The only reason they haven't came back is due to most of the population being vaccinated. Other people are currently protecting you. As more people decide vaccines are the devil your protection blanket is going to turn into a Kleenex. And yes many sectors of the military and healthcare absolutely require certain vaccines. They are not optional depending on what sector you are working in.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Not trolling...the majority of people on here said they dont get vaccinated. There is a reason.

If you think the majority of people are not vaccinated in the usa I'm not sure what to tell you. The people on hear were only talking about annual flu shots.

Quoted from madtown:

Not sure...but you also have to figure the actual chance of aquiring the disease in the wild (hint: very low in the usa) then multiply that by the 1/500 death figure. Gotta be along the lines of 1/multiple millions in the usa that die each year from measles. Around the same rate for vaccine deaths i would guess.

Each year as more people believe vaccines are the devil those odds greatly change. The only reason your odds are low is due to vaccines. We should just stop vaccinating everyone and everything for everything since apparentlythe risk outway the rewards and those diseases were going away anyway as you say. I'll be fine, you non vaccinators can figure it out without using vaccines at that point. You will likely be fine also since you most likely have had vaccines as well. Its kids of the antivaccine folks that are screwed.

#1813 4 years ago

Why didnt they just power through it with a mild fever like madtown would?

This is a really sad story, the saddest part is it was completely preventable with proper access to vaccines.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously? Although I got those shots when I was younger, there is no way in hell I am relying on others that get flu vaccines or any other kind to stay healthy.
And those diseases didn't hit everybody, probably more those that weren't very healthy to begin with.
I take care of myself and am sure I am exposed to all kinds of bad shit every day, but still rarely get any kind of illness at all.
The day I'm counting on what others do to keep myself healthy is the day I start slamming triple quarter pounders every meal.
Relying on what others do to keep myself healthy. LOL.
I can't wait until they make a bad batch that wipes out half the population. Then we won't have to listen to these zealots trying to lay some guilt trip on us because they don't know how or aren't willing to take the steps to keep their own selves healthy.

While you may be unwillingly relying on it you are still benefiting from it. Your last statement is all anyone really needs to read and is really telling. Its the equivalent of me saying Im glad 70 children died in Samoa so that people will now understand that importance of some vaccines. Well, not exactly the equivalent. I guess if I said I wished half the island died instead of just 70 it would be more equivalent....

Its hilarious when someone says they refuse all vaccines but then in turn preach about people taking account for their own healthcare. Its like bizarro world.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Cue up the why do we have to deal with so many people that don't believe in science spiel. lol.
Oh it exists alright. Making the world a better and safer place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_warfare

That's some strange logic. You literally use and enjoy science almost every second of your life. You are using it to screw around on pinside right now. But in the next breath it's nothing but warfare and murder.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never said I denied science exists. And I'm sure not many do.
That's why for the life of me, I can't understand why some are using that as basically a strawman argument in this thread.
"You don't believe in science" lol.
But hey, if you are going to push science is always right and the answer to everything, I got news for you. It is not.

I never said any of those things. There are always people that want to exploit things and make a weapon out of everything. In general though, science has enhanced, extended, and made safer the majority of lives (much like those dick pills minus the safer part). The victims of biological warfare probably don't care to hear that though.

#1971 4 years ago

I don't really care if any of you get the flu shot. Do what ever you want, just be responsible and stay home and away from people at high risk if you do get sick. There are too many dumb asses walking around coughing all over everything. Children should receive certain vaccinations in my opinion or they shouldn't be allowed to attend public school. Privately owned schools should have policies that fit whatever their own beliefs. If anyone is arguing against the success in general of vaccines they are viewing a very alternate history that is warped to meet their own desires.

This year I went to publixs for my shot, my insurance covered it and they gave me a $10 publix gift card for groceries. So now I'm $10 richer and less likely to get the flu. I also take my grandmother to radiation treatments at least every other week so I would consider it incredibly reckless and irresponsible not to have one this flu season.

Quoted from Blenderhead:

Never get a shot, and NEVER IN MY LIFE had the flu, and I'm old.

That must mean that flu vaccinations don't work.....

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know lots and lots of super intelligent people who no way in hell will get a flu shot.

Everyone knows intelligent people that say and do some of the dumbest stuff ever. I know an extremely successful surgeon that no kidding, goes on a trip every year looking for proof of bigfoot.

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like the super intelligent ones that say " I got my flu shot but got sick anyway, but at least I'm not contagious"

They are every bit as intelligent as the ones that claim the flu shot gave them the flu.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

FFS, now I've heard it all.

Man my arm was hurting for days after that shot...damn flu!

They can definitely make your arm hurt. I've had them be sore for a few days or not at all. Not sure what causes the difference.

Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the shot they got didn't work?

Not really. It most cases the shot worked perfectly and they never contracted the strain of flu that they were vaccinated for. Some people are dead serious about thinking the flu shot gave them the flu though.

4 weeks later
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

From 2004-2018 the effectiveness percentage average was 41%. Some years it was 20% or lower and the highest it ever got to was 60% in 2010. You probably figure it's worth it to inject Formaldehyde and Thimerosal into your body for such a low success rate but others don't.

Single dose flu vaccines have not contained Thimerosal for almost a couple of decades now. Please stop spreading lies and nonsense, I know that is essentially what pinside is, but lets not apply pinside logic to medical care.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The CDC states that MOST single dose vaccines do not contain it not ALL. From what I have read there are still multi-dose vials being used in some instances. Formaldehyde and the 41% success rate is still a concern. It's not lies or nonsense, I would get the shot if I was elderly or had a weak immune system.

It certainly is a lie and nonsense when you imply that all flu vaccines contain thimerasol, which you did. Flu vaccines in the united states are pretty much all shipped single dose anymore. I haven't seen a tank used for flu vaccines in close to 25 years. If that is a concern all you have to do is ask the provider and they will show you the vial your vaccine in drawn from. That is a pretty easy concern to get around. Thimerasol has also never been proven to cause any health issues at the concentration it used to be used in flu vaccines . The amount of formaldehyde is also well below any human threshold. You will encounter higher formaldehyde levels in most new construction homes. If you don't want to get a flu shot that is fine, I could care less. Just don't spread misinformation that is largely made up to panic people to justify your reason for not getting one. Plus if thimersol and formaldehyde was so risky the last people getting it should be the elderly, chemo patients, etc. Flu shots are not required, you don't have to have any reason to not get one, there's no reason to use false information to justify your decision.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.