View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#51 6 years ago

I do not and would not get a flu shot but im not going to go into detail why and im not going to argue about it either, but no thanks i will pass on flu shots.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

My work gives them for free so I always get one. I've never had anything but a sore arm afterwards.

So you take a vaccine just because its free??? Lol......WOOOOOOOOOW JUST WOW!! I dont even know what to say.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think you may be reading too much into that. Most larger employers now offer flu vaccination onsite free of charge on a certain day for your employees. They are trying to prevent half the staff being out and crippling the business. Why wouldn't he get a flu shot when its free, a perk of working their, and he doesn't even have to leave work to get it. I'd say that is smart on the employers part and on his part.

Well like i said, im not gonna get into a big discussion or any arguments on this subject. I value your opinions about pinball on this forum and i enjoy your posts, but i dont agree with you about flu shots at all. Its all good though and not a big deal, nobody agrees on everything.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, each individual has the right to decide how he or her wants to take care of their health and it is nobody elses place to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.
When people go back to minding their own business and quit trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats, the world will be a better place.

You are absolutely correct o-din, but as you know people in todays world will never mind their own business and will always shove their beliefs down your throat. Its just how people are these days, especially a certain group of people but since we arent allowed to get political on here i cant tell you which group that is.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Is it the group that wears pink hats?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nor do you need too. Your a good dude and agreeing makes the world boring
But I don't think it's fair to act like someone is an idiot for getting a free convenient flu shot from their employer. We all know how people are and if something is mildly difficult people will just skip it. It's smart for employers to give their employees this option as it makes it a very easy decision for them. If they want a flu shot they can get it and not have to do anything extra. If they do not want it they don't have to take it.

Ive been known to be a little over dramatic on occasion i guess.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

There is a lot of junk science out there that is totally worthless. Very little danger in vaccines

And you know this because of..........?

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

No , I did about 4-5 years ago at Walgreens they must of hit something my upper left arm hurt for months.
Never again.
Still lifted weights but I said no more flu shots after that. Prior to that maybe once every few years.

Those cashiers are terrible at giving shots!

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I trust nothing the fda or our government tries to force on us.20 years ago you never even heard of a flu shot and now if you don't get it you're going to die? Fuck that sounds like the Tuskegee Experiment to me.

Most people dont even know about The Tuskegee Experiment and wouldn’t believe it even if you told them about it.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

This young punk does and I'm also familiar with our government poisoning our troops in Vietnam with Agent Orange and then denying it.my father fought his battle with the government over his Agent Orange poisoning for years while they denied it all,he used to try to raise awareness and was the guest on some TV shows back in the 80's like Kelly And Company.in the end he had a miserable painful life because of it and died at the age of 56 just a few short years after they finally admitted what they did.and now I'm supposed to trust them?

Sorry about your dad, he sounded like a smart man. Big brother is not your friend for sure.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

No, I take a vaccine because I don't want to get the flu. I don't have any excuses not to get it when it's free and I don't have to leave work to get one. Doesn't seem like it's that complicated to me.

In my opinion there are lots of reasons not to take a flu shot but im certainly not going to knock you if you believe in them. The flu shot being free though wouldn’t even figure in to my decision for taking it or not taking it. My girlfriend got one this year and we talked about it before she did. I told her my reasons why i wont get one but i left the decision entirely up to her. Im not going to tell someone not to get a flu shot and then they die and ive got to live with that for the rest of my life, but in return i dont think people should be encouraging other people to get flu shots either. Its a very personal decision that only you can make.

I know quite a few people in the medical field that are furious because they are required to take flu shots in order to keep their job. They do not think they are safe but they’re forced to take them anyway. I cannot believe that This battle has not been fought and won by medical workers. My girlfriend asked her doctor if he takes a flu shot and he told her no by the way. He didnt givenher reasons why but basically just told her what i did, that its her decision to make for herself.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I thought we were here to discuss shots, but if you want a beer that's o.k.

Thats how they got rid of the flu back in the old wild west days. A good shot of whiskey or Bourbon did the trick every time! Was the flu even a thing back then?

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No clue were this gets it's data or how accurate it is but it appears to have been a leading cause of death at that time as well.
http://cowboytocowboy.com/wordpress/2012/03/12/477/

Thats a good read! Times were hard back then but i think i would have liked to live back then as crazy as that may sound. Diarrhea was the 3rd leading cause of death huh? I thought diarrhea only killed the people around you?

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You already do. Of course I kid!

Haha im old school and i wont deny it but im not that old school. That was a great era though for sure in my opinion.

7 months later
#515 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Got the shot last week - about an hour later I had lots of pain in my tendons (thumbs and ankles). Kidney pain, back pain. Chills and sweats for 2 nights in a row and woozy and dizzy for the same amount of time. I've never had trouble with a shot before, but man... have heard from others that this year's shot (which I believe is H1N1) affected them poorly as well.
On the other hand, just finished reading Pale Rider about the 1918 Spanish flu (also H1N1). Would recommend reading that for a better understanding of how influenza (and vaccines) work (or don't). Pretty interesting stuff.

Thats encouraging. I think I'll run to CVS right now and get me one also!

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I dont think anyone here really cares if you get a flu shot or not. No one is telling you what to do.

There are people who definitely care, thats why they are so adamant about it. Some of these people really try to shove their beliefs down your throat on this subject. If you dont believe in flu shots they call you a conspiracy theorist, a nut job, all kinds of things.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

We’re trying to shove our beliefs into your arm. Or up your nose if you insist on the live virus. Definitely not down our throat.

Thanks for your concern but i think I'll pass.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't worry about it Who-Dey. You should be used to the herd mentality on this website by now.

No worries here o-din. I make my own decisions in life whether they be right or wrong and im not bothered by what people think.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The problem with this "everyone is entitled to their opinion, and all opinions are equal" (paraphrasing) is that it's complete and utter bunk.
Look around you, everything in your life that elevates you above a hunter-gatherer Neanderthal was provided by the scientific method. Your car, your phone, your food, your house, your tv, your medicine, and your pinball machines. Hell, the fact that you're even alive at all is highly likely to be a result of successful vaccination programs of past generations.
So it's not reasonable to turn your back on the same scientific method when when it comes to vaccines, climate change, fluoride in water, and many other public health issues and replace it with "my opinion". You don't trust your opinion to design a safe electricity code for your neighborhood, and you don't trust your opinion to make airplanes fly reliably, so why the hell should you trust "your opinion" on these matters of public health? Expertise has a place and we should all be a lot more respectful of how it got us where we are today.

You know, if you really *thought* about it, what makes Big Pharma more $$$ - selling annual flu shots? ...or not selling annual flu shots and instead selling a whole bunch of a lot more expensive drugs when thousands of people unnecessarily become critically ill from the flu and end up in the hospital? But yeah, the flu vaccine is a pure-profit play by Big Pharma.

You cannot be serious? Right?

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Deadly serious. It's like they say "opinions are like a*holes, everybody has one"...

You have a right to your opinion but that is a very odd view. You are way too trusting of other people to make decisions on your life and health imo. Im not talking talking about flu shots either and im not even saying that they are bad, im just talking about you thinking that others know what is best for you and you being trusting enough to let big brother make decisions for you etc. Thats kind of scary and a sheeple attitude.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Which part offended you? The concept that you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts? Or that some opinions are objectively silly in light of the facts?

Im not offended at all.

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The problem with this "everyone is entitled to their opinion, and all opinions are equal" (paraphrasing) is that it's complete and utter bunk.
Look around you, everything in your life that elevates you above a hunter-gatherer Neanderthal was provided by the scientific method. Your car, your phone, your food, your house, your tv, your medicine, and your pinball machines. Hell, the fact that you're even alive at all is highly likely to be a result of successful vaccination programs of past generations.
So it's not reasonable to turn your back on the same scientific method when when it comes to vaccines, climate change, fluoride in water, and many other public health issues and replace it with "my opinion". You don't trust your opinion to design a safe electricity code for your neighborhood, and you don't trust your opinion to make airplanes fly reliably, so why the hell should you trust "your opinion" on these matters of public health? Expertise has a place and we should all be a lot more respectful of how it got us where we are today.

You know, if you really *thought* about it, what makes Big Pharma more $$$ - selling annual flu shots? ...or not selling annual flu shots and instead selling a whole bunch of a lot more expensive drugs when thousands of people unnecessarily become critically ill from the flu and end up in the hospital? But yeah, the flu vaccine is a pure-profit play by Big Pharma.

I would strongly suggest that you read about the Tuskegee experiment. I bet you would have been waiting in line for that also wouldn’t you?

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You don't trust them? Why not?

No i dont trust them even a little bit for many reasons. The Tuskegee experiment is just one of many reasons why i dont. Read up on it and educate yourself.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I still make my own decisions, but they are informed ones.

How is letting someone inject you with something that you have no clue what it is a informed decision?

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment
Completely different situation. Flu vaccines are not a study or an experiment.
There was no oversight for the Tuskegee study, and no informed consent. There are much stricter controls in place today.

Yeah right, you just keep believing that nonsense. Drink the kool Aid, it wont hurt you!

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well nothing is perfect man. Look at any advanced technology and you will find cases where mistakes were made and people were harmed. But in the very large majority of cases things turn out for the better, usually much much better. I can find historical cases where bridges collapsed, people were accidently poisoned, etc. But that doesn't mean I reject all scientific expertise because of it, or I'd have to live in the bush and hunt my own food with arrows I made myself.

It wasnt a mistake, those men were lied to.

#566 5 years ago

So you trust the same people that lie to you constantly then right? SMH...

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why would the government intentionally want to cause harm in the first place?
It is in the government's best interest to ensure that the population is healthy. An unhealthy population is a massive drain on resources, and unhealthy people might not be in a position to be able to work and pay taxes that fund those resources in the first place.

I dont want to discuss it any further because it will lead to nowhere anyways lol. We clearly have two totally different views though which is ok.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I haven't shit in a public washroom since I was a young fella. Plus when ur eating right u shit once in the morning and its a log that u could make letters of the alphabet with and not a i either I'm talking G's and Q's.

Lol thats hilarious

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

So, rest easy - if you don't want a flu shot you're unlikely to ever be forced into having one.

Whew....i feel alot better now. Thanks for letting us know that.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

"Last winter's flu season was the deadliest since the 1970s—79,000 people died—and a report released by the CDC Thursday might explain why. Per the report, just 37.1% of adults were vaccinated last season—the lowest rate since the 2010-11 season, and a drop of 6.2% from the season prior. "That’s huge. It’s a striking inflection down from the previous year," one infectious disease expert tells the Washington Post. Experts say the low level of vaccinations likely contributed to the particularly deadly year, though there were other factors as well, including a particularly harsh strain of the virus: H3N2 was dominant, and that strain typically results in the most complications and is also harder for the vaccine to fight. Experts are hoping more people will get vaccinated this year, with a CDC chief pointing out now "is the perfect time" to do so before flu season kicks into high gear."

Damn dude are you making money off of every flu shot or something? You sure are working hard to push them on people. Give it a rest, we are all adults here and if people want to get a flu shot they will and if they dont want to you arent going to convince them to. You sound like a broken record!

10 months later
#778 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I refuse to put anything in my body that the government tells me I have to.

These kind people are known as sheeples. No since in even arguing with them because they are brainwashed to the point of no return. They are literally real life zombies that just go thru life with their heads in their ass 24/7.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

At last, some clear-headed, non-hyperbolic analysis. Just what this thread needed.

I agree with you 100%

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You know, now days you could remedy that quite easily.

Boy that ain't no shit, (well maybe it is) its actually becoming the norm these days.

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I just got a flu shot today! I’m super glad to have this shot as it’s helped me not catch the flu since 1999 and no one in my family has caught it either!!!! This has been super greeeaaaa.......... *Looks around, sees all the shared conspiracy theories from people that are normally opposed to one another on everything*
[quoted image]

There are many people that havent had the flu since 99 that haven't had a flu shot also.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t doubt it. Hey, I believe people should make their own minds up about things after careful consideration of all information.
That said, I do also believe in the principal of herd immunity and certainty wish everyone shared my positive experiences with the influenza vaccine. But hey, I get it, it’s a very personal decision and just I because I had the flu six times between 1990 and 1999 and never again since once I started the annual vaccine is not indicative of anything other than my personal experience...and mileage may very with different people and families...

I dont fault anyone for getting it but i dont like when people dont respect other people's decision not to get one either. We all have our personal beliefs about flu shots.

1 month later
#1063 4 years ago

The sheep are lining up at CVS's and Walgreens all over the country for their "free" flu shots that they dont have a clue what they are being injected with. I bet the gubberment must think we are really dumb!

Here sheeple sheeple, come and get your free flu shots here....nothing to worry about.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

HOookkkaaayyyy...............
If it's not flu vaccine in the shot, what is it and why?

Good question and I have no answers for you.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I got my flu shot yesterday, and my dad died of bladder cancer a couple weeks ago; I guess I'm supposed to believe these are not related?!

Sorry to hear about your father, that sucks really bad.

4 weeks later
#1589 4 years ago
9D339AD0-BDDD-4779-BC08-CD49D8800C66 (resized).jpeg9D339AD0-BDDD-4779-BC08-CD49D8800C66 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1932 4 years ago

Has pinball gotten so bad that a thread on Pinside about vaccines is the hottest thread going? This is insane and I cant believe it. Who gives a shit, either get a flu vaccine or don't and play some pinball and enjoy life a little. You cant control what other people do nor is it anyone's business so stop trying!

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

one thing is clear in this thread. Those opposed to the flu shot are not influenced by academic prowess.

I know lots and lots of super intelligent people who no way in hell will get a flu shot.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is one of them SadSack? I think he's the only one who has shared his IQ score so far in here, but there's always time to revive the trend.

No i dont have a clue who sad sack is. Im talking about friends who are chemist, engineers, architects you name it. I also know a doctor who will not inject himself with one and probably 80% of the people that i know who work in hospitals are pissed off because they are made to take them. They do not want them and they are afraid of them. Im not saying that they are bad or good, im just telling you how many people that i know feel about them.

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That was your first mistake.

Simple. They do evolve. I get the flu shot every year. I don’t ever get the flu.

You probably wouldn’t have got the flu if you didnt take a shot every year also though. I haven't had the flu in 42 years.

#2088 4 years ago

Now the CDC is claiming that puppies are making people sick! Better get a vaccine made up for that also or it could be the end of the world!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/health/puppies-infection-outbreak/index.html

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

CNN- definite fake news!!

Yup, the only thing worse than CNN is Rachel Madcow

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey-oh!
Madow is doing the same thing as Hannity, editorializing for a polarized base. She comes off as smarter than Hannity, but it might just be the glasses. Regardless, if you're getting your news from either one of them you're a fool. There's a reason that legit news organizations segregate the hard news from opinion/editorial, but that seems lost on most Americans these days.

Shaun Hannity is awesome and he speaks the truth. I cant believe that you even just said that lol.

1 week later
#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yes.... just me, my golden retriever and the TV remote/cell phone.
Wife pretty much just slid food under the door...

Dude whatever you do dont lick your dog in the face or it might kill him.......or is it the other way around?? Ahh heck I dont know, just don't sniff your dogs butt and you should be ok.

Yeah I'm drunk

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Flu is not a definite killer?

The flu doesn't kill nearly as many people as pizza and cheeseburgers, want the government to ban all bad foods, alcohol, and cigarettes etc?

1 week later
#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Basically the kid almost died and is now blind for life thank to her parent's stupidity.

She might regain her eyesight back possibly the article said. I've also read where the flu vaccine isn't very affective at all for kids this year so she may very well have gotten the flu anyways even if she had gotten the shot. Hopefully she regains her sight back. Very.sad and tragic story.

#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe you can enlighten me on what "authority" I appealed to when I said your boy Jones is a monster. You seem to have zero problem with him viciously attacking the parents of murdered children, which tells me everything I need to know about your character. Luckily in America you remain free to receive your news from a human dumpster-fire.
[quoted image]

Alex Jones has definitely said some off the wall stuff but hes also said some shit that sounded totally unbelievable that has turned out to be true. As much as you may hate him, he is way less toxic and a better American to this country than the political party that you associate yourself with so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. You're not perfect either.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

News says people are getting hit hard with the flu. Tents set up outside hospitals to handle the overflow. All I can say is do what you gotta do. Or did what you gotta did. And hope you feel better soon.

It is supposed to be really bad this year but oddly enough i havent known anyone or even as much as heard of anyone getting the flu yet around where i live.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One thing I’ve learned is that can’t argue with ignorance, anti-vaxxers are right up there with the flat earthers, citing web sites from crack pots to “prove” their points, luckily it won’t be very long until there isn’t a choice in the matter, it’s just a shame people will have to needlessly die until then

So you are actually for the government forcing people to take flu shots? And you are calling people ignorant? That's about funny!

There ain't no MF going to force me to take any kind of a shot I can guarantee you that right now.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

She is so adamant about it that we even give one to our 3 cats as she has samples.
I get 2 each season just to be sure

Wow....I dont even know what to say.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.