View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davidus56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2307 4 years ago

36,000 people die each year from flu with 200,000 hospitalizations. The shot is NOT a live virus so you can’t get the flu from it. Anyone who still refuses to get the flu shot with all the knowledge we have today about vaccination effectiveness and safety is clueless. But heck, who am I to argue with Darwin. Take them out of the gene pool.

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I haven’t had a flu shot in probably 10 years. The last couple times I got a flu shot it made me sick with flu like symptoms. I’ve never had the flu, but I am a germaphobe and wash my hands a lot.

You’re playing Russian roulette. I think people who refuse the flu shot, who then get the flu, should be quarantined at home. No hospitalization. No use of medical resources. They made their choice. Let them live or die on their own. Maybe they can try some home remedies or homeopathic drops.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

More insults
Hahaha
Yeah, that's going to work!
[quoted image]

I haven’t read the entire thread. I take it you’re an antivaxxer?

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I'm an anti some asshole trying to lay some guilt trip on others for not making the same choice they do.

The flu shot doesn’t cause the flu. You are clearly too stupid to benefit from facts. Stick with Jenny McCarthy. She’s a celebrity playmate expert on the subject.

Here is some good advice, but you probably won’t understand it.

#2315 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So what would you do with those that get the shot and get sick anyway, and go out and spread it around.
Give them a medal or trophy?

Shot does not/cannot cause the flu. Maybe get a degree in medicine/immunology and then you can opine an informed opinion. Instead you parrot notorious Mercola and other Bogus sites.

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And you've just shown you are a genius with people skills that most will want to believe or listen to. Just kidding.
I won't be watching that video with the bald dude or taking anything you say seriously.

Blocked. I’m intolerant of stupid.

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

This goes for alcoholics, smokers, the overweight, the underweight and everyone who doesn't fit your ideal. Thanks for clearing this up for all of us. And don't get me started on behavior diseases... no soup for you!

Except smokers (and example - people who ride motorcycles without helmets) are a harm only (mainly) to themselves. When you get the flu, you likely spread it to others. Now your misery or death can be shared with unwitting victims.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Those unwitting victims should have gotten their shots

Sure. And what about people with compromised immune systems, on chemo, who have cancer. The flu shot may have provided them with some minimal protection, but some a-hole sneezes near them and they get a huge viral load? They are going to die. It is selfish not to contribute to herd immunity.

#2333 4 years ago

Did he get the shot just a few days before exposure? Not enough time to develop immunity. Was it a flu subtype that the vaccine did not cover? There are many different antigenic variations of the flu and the W.H.O. tries to predict/cover the most common ones.
Was he subjected to a large viral load? If you start off with 100 infecting virus units you can mount a defense. If you are hit with a 100 million virus units your body has less time to mount a defense.
One thing that is for certain. The flu shot does not cause the flu.

Why am I passionate about this? I have seen too many young people, in the prime of life, needlessly die from this stupid, easily prevented virus. The virus is the perfect pathogen. It is highly contagious, has broad antigenic variability and certain strains can have 50% or higher lethality. It can also be (more) easily weaponized than other biological agents. Read about the 1918 pandemic. That was only a 10% mortality rate. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

Subtype H5N1 case fatality rate could be as high as 60%!, but probably more in the 25-35% range. If that variant ever gets traction, you better pray they even have an immunization that covers it!

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You can't make the weak strong by weakening the strong. The shot works only marginally according to authorities on the matter and the risks are >0. I'm sorry for the weak, but not sorry enough to join them with a lifelong case of vaccine-induced Guillain-Barré syndrome (a listed as a side effect in the drug insert).

The incidence of Guillain-Barré after a flu shot is extremely rare. About .000001% https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/guillainbarre.htm mild, residual symptoms can persist, but in the majority of cases there is complete recovery.
Btw, Guillain-Barré is an absolute risk factor from getting the flu. The risk of GB is much higher if you contract influenza vs just getting the flu shot. People need to speak from knowledge or expertise in the matter, not from ignorance.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I think I will rely on healthy habits and nutrition rather than praying to liars in lab coats. You are reaching over a hudred years ago to make a point. How many people didn't even have running water at that time? Hygeine and habits are what reduce disease.. not magic potions whipped up by microbiologists and pimped by for-profit companies.

Are you a happy person? They say ignorance is bliss.

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One thing I’ve learned is that can’t argue with ignorance, anti-vaxxers are right up there with the flat earthers, citing web sites from crack pots to “prove” their points, luckily it won’t be very long until there isn’t a choice in the matter, it’s just a shame people will have to needlessly die until then

You’re right of course. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.

#2348 4 years ago

How about this compromise? People who refuse immunizations, fine. But that person should sign a legal, enforceable contract agreeing to stay home if they contract the disease. They should agree not to go out in public and subject others to their ‘infectivity’. And most importantly, they and their family should accept full responsibility for their decision. That means not going to the hospital if they take a turn for the worse. Not using up medical resources to treat a disease that they should not have gotten in the first place had they acted responsibly.
If they die, that was their decision. They should die at home, not at some hospital, hooked up to a ventilator and life support. Not after accruing hundreds of thousands of dollars in hospital bills that I, as a taxpayer, have to pay for.

Seems fair enough. Man up and take responsibility for your actions.

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Or how about this one? Every person who participates in the profit of vaccination is required to sign a document agreeing they are personally and severally liable for any injury it causes.

Sure. Set up a fund to cover the extremely rare vaccine related complications. Although, how often can you know for certain that a complication occurred because of the vaccine. You can speculate but cause/effect is tough to prove.

Would the antivaxxers be willing to suck it up and stay at home no matter how sick they become? I think not.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Anyone paying attention knows the government has been using chemtrails to insert flu shot into the generically modified corn crop. Between that and the fluoride we are pretty much screwed guys.

You sure that is generically modified? I thought they only used brand name modified corn crops.

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Now you have revealed you support imprisoning me. I'd much rather that anyone demonstrating symptoms "stay at home" until they don't. But that wouldn't be a convenient magic pill in a syringe now, would it?

I support imprisoning you!?! Where did that come from? Magical thinking I guess.

#2369 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's widely known that Monsanto is a CIA cover, open your eyes bro.

You are joking, right?

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Think influenza is bad, just wait until Ebola finds its way out of Africa and into an industrialized society.

Nah, R0 (R nought) value for Ebola is less than 2. Now measles on the other hand. It has an R0 of 18!

#2393 4 years ago

Now you want to talk lethality... Anthrax, prion diseases (like Kuru) and Naeglaria are much deadlier than Ebola.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ever notice the pro vaxxers seem to think alike? Illuminati mind control serum!!!! Stay away!

Yes, we are all members of the Illuminati AND the CIA!

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I for one will not be forcibly vaccinated. The more we allow the government to think for us , the less we the people have. They already want to do away with the first and second amendments.

You will be the first we put into a re-education camp. We know who u r Chad. The Illuminati know all.

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Here's another anecdotal for us (seems to me that a bunch of these actually becomes a population for study):
A coworker told me today how her young son, who had been vaccinated, came down with the flu. They noted the strain and it matched his vaccine. She was told his symptoms would have been much more severe had he not had it.
Sooo, the shot doesn't even stop what it is supposed to?

He had some immunity from the shot, but probably got a very high viral load. He very well could have been one of the ones who would die from the flu if not for partial immunity. The CDC publishes that the shot does not provide complete protection. In some 20% of people they can go on to get a mild case of the flu.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm angry at myself for not getting the flu shot this season. I'm just getting over a nasty awful flu that my girlfriend and none of the friends I was hanging out with caught because everyone had their flu shot except me. Ugh... never again.

I’m glad you didn’t end up a statistic.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Ridiculous... Sharks don't kill people, Lasers do.[quoted image]

Just like guns don’t kill people, bullets do.

#2430 4 years ago

Here’s an analogy the antivaxxers might understand. Assume you have a revolver with 20 chambers. If you get the flu shot, then you play Russian roulette with only 1 round chambered. If you don’t get the flu shot you play with 10 rounds chambered.

How about flu shot complications? Same game. Now assume a revolver with 1,000,000 chambers. You load one chamber and then play Russian roulette. Do the math. It’s pretty straightforward.

#2434 4 years ago

Btw, I get the flu shot every year. Have done so for 40 years. Last time I had the flu was as a child. But I’m sure the flu shot has altered my brain. It has clearly made me less tolerant of ignorance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
1,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davidus56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=Davidus56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.