View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 50.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not a chance. Sharks.

Let's just hope those that would impose their will on others using scientific jargon and guilt tactics will be swimming in mass on the day that begins.

#2402 4 years ago

Because you should be murdered by sharks for encouraging public health. Definitely. Again, nailed it!

#2403 4 years ago

Sharks gotta eat too. It's called the food chain.

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ever notice the pro vaxxers seem to think alike? Illuminati mind control serum!!!! Stay away!

I've never put any credence into man made constructs like banking, real estate, and washing ones hands after going number 2. All scams! Cavemen never partook in such things and they did just fine.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One thing I’ve learned is that can’t argue with ignorance, anti-vaxxers are right up there with the flat earthers, citing web sites from crack pots to “prove” their points, luckily it won’t be very long until there isn’t a choice in the matter, it’s just a shame people will have to needlessly die until then

I for one will not be forcibly vaccinated. The more we allow the government to think for us , the less we the people have. They already want to do away with the first and second amendments.

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The more we allow the government to think for us , the less we the people have.

Worse yet, we let other pinsiders start thinking for us.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I for one will not be forcibly vaccinated. The more we allow the government to think for us , the less we the people have. They already want to do away with the first and second amendments.

You will be the first we put into a re-education camp. We know who u r Chad. The Illuminati know all.

#2408 4 years ago

Yeah, conspiracy theories are crazy! I dare you to name one that was ever found to be true.

Flat Earth = Operation Northwoods. Am I right?

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, conspiracy theories are crazy! I dare you to name one that was ever found to be true

Certainly not the conspiracy that everybody should get a flu shot.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Certainly not the conspiracy that everybody should get a flu shot.

It's like "calling for help", what's the real story?

#2411 4 years ago

Here's another anecdotal for us (seems to me that a bunch of these actually becomes a population for study):

A coworker told me today how her young son, who had been vaccinated, came down with the flu. They noted the strain and it matched his vaccine. She was told his symptoms would have been much more severe had he not had it.

Sooo, the shot doesn't even stop what it is supposed to?

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

They noted the strain and it matched his vaccine. She was told his symptoms would have been much more severe had he not had it.

I'm surprised they even checked to see what strain he contracted. And didn't just prescribe antibiotics like the medical profession usually does with viral infections. Although they only work on bacterial infections.

Earlier in this this thread, a Dr. said they don't usually have the time or resources to determine what a person is actually sick from.

But in his case, the shot allowed him to be out in public until he actually started showing symptons, as supported by the flu vax communtity.

#2413 4 years ago

I was forcibly given a flu shot. True story.

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I was forcibly given a flu shot. True story.

I mean, was only 3, but still.

#2415 4 years ago

I'm angry at myself for not getting the flu shot this season. I'm just getting over a nasty awful flu that my girlfriend and none of the friends I was hanging out with caught because everyone had their flu shot except me. Ugh... never again.

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not a chance. Sharks.

Ridiculous... Sharks don't kill people, Lasers do.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2417 4 years ago

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Here's another anecdotal for us (seems to me that a bunch of these actually becomes a population for study):
A coworker told me today how her young son, who had been vaccinated, came down with the flu. They noted the strain and it matched his vaccine. She was told his symptoms would have been much more severe had he not had it.

He had some immunity from the shot, but probably got a very high viral load. He very well could have been one of the ones who would die from the flu if not for partial immunity. The CDC publishes that the shot does not provide complete protection. In some 20% of people they can go on to get a mild case of the flu.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm angry at myself for not getting the flu shot this season. I'm just getting over a nasty awful flu that my girlfriend and none of the friends I was hanging out with caught because everyone had their flu shot except me. Ugh... never again.

I’m glad you didn’t end up a statistic.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Ridiculous... Sharks don't kill people, Lasers do.[quoted image]

Just like guns don’t kill people, bullets do.

#2421 4 years ago

People will die from the flu, but only a fraction compared to those that will die in automobile accidents.

Some might actually die from getting a shot, or get sick and die even with a shot, and others you can be sure some will say it is only because they did not get a shot.

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

People will die from the flu, but only a fraction compared to those that will die in automobile accidents.

Again. Nope.

Flu killed more Americans last season than car crashes and drug Overdoses.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-flu-season-deaths-flu-epidemic-100-years-20181003-story.html%3foutputType=amp

#2423 4 years ago

Again, Nope

"Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day"

https://www.asirt.org/safe-travel/road-safety-facts/

#2424 4 years ago

Google: total car crash deaths 2018

Results:

In 2018, an estimated 40,000 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 1% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths) and 2016 (40,327 deaths). About 4.5 million people were seriously injured in crashes last year – also a 1% decrease over 2017.

#2425 4 years ago

80000 dead from flu
40000 dead from car crashes

#2426 4 years ago

You are using GLOBAL car crash deaths

#2427 4 years ago

Downvote all you want, you’re still wrong.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You are using GLOBAL car crash deaths

Yes. And my statement was "People" not "People in the US"

#2429 4 years ago

Lol. Ok Chief

#2430 4 years ago

Here’s an analogy the antivaxxers might understand. Assume you have a revolver with 20 chambers. If you get the flu shot, then you play Russian roulette with only 1 round chambered. If you don’t get the flu shot you play with 10 rounds chambered.

How about flu shot complications? Same game. Now assume a revolver with 1,000,000 chambers. You load one chamber and then play Russian roulette. Do the math. It’s pretty straightforward.

#2431 4 years ago

You should circumnavigate the globe in your car with the flu and see what happens.

Do you commute overseas in your Yugo

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You should circumnavigate the globe in your car with the flu and see what happens.

Don't just take the highest year to come to your conclusion, compare your average yearly flu deaths to car deaths in the US and see which is more.

I will admit it comes pretty close one way or the other, but originally was talking worldwide.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Here’s an analogy the antivaxxers might understand. Assume you have a revolver with 20 chambers. If you get the flu shot, then you play Russian roulette with only 1 round chambered. If you don’t get the flu shot you play with 10 rounds chambered.

Here's a more realistic analogy.

Assume a group of 10 pro flu vaxxers show up to to force someone who doesn't want a shot to get one. And he has a gun with 6 bullets in the chamber. He will decide which of the 4 are the weakest and take them out with his bare hands faster than he has time to reload.

#2434 4 years ago

Btw, I get the flu shot every year. Have done so for 40 years. Last time I had the flu was as a child. But I’m sure the flu shot has altered my brain. It has clearly made me less tolerant of ignorance.

#2435 4 years ago

I have not had the flu shot in 45 years. Don’t need it.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

But I’m sure the flu shot has altered my brain. It has clearly made me less tolerant of ignorance.

They have all kinds of other medications to help alter whatever's wrong in your head.

You ever try Zanux?

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't just take the highest year

Dude, I googled and it gave me last years results! No cherry picking.

#2438 4 years ago

Don’t forget to get your car vaccinated too!

#2439 4 years ago

I drive less than 3000 miles a year, and have never got a flu shot, so I am at super low risk of being hurt by either.

#2440 4 years ago

Think about this for a moment...there are about as many humans alive today, as have died.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes. And my statement was "People" not "People in the US"

So wait, you won't take US flu statistics because you say the US population is not representative of you individually but you take a worldwide automobile accident statistic because you think it helps your point? Makes no sense.

#2442 4 years ago

This thread is like a car crash. . I don't know why I keep looking

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

So wait, you won't take US flu statistics because you say the US population is not representative of you individually but you take a worldwide automobile accident statistic because you think it helps your point? Makes no sense.

All I said is more people will die in car accidents than from the flu. I didn't use some secret code.

Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

This thread is like a car crash. .

More like a..

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gifSpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I said is more people will die in car accidents than from the flu. I didn't use some secret code.[quoted image]

Right but your statement is only true if you use world wide statistics. Do you drive worldwide on a regular basis? I doubt it. If you use US statistics your statement is patently false.

The US statistics would be much more applicable to your situation but you deny US flu statistics because you say the average US citizen doesn’t meet your level of fitness. I guess you somehow equate yourself to the average worldwide citizen more??

You just aren’t making a logical point here.

#2445 4 years ago

Right but your statement is only true if you use world wide statistics.

Right. There are only people in the US and nowhere else in the world.

You just aren’t making a logical point here.

No, you aren't.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Right. There are only people in the US and nowhere else in the world.

You think the worldwide population is a better comparator group for you than the US population? Ok...

#2447 4 years ago

"It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

Ulysses Everett McGill

#2448 4 years ago

You think the worldwide population is a better comparator group for you than the US population? Ok...

Apparently more people are likely to die from the flu in the US where more are vaccinated than in car accidents, and more people die in car accidents than the flu in third world countries where they are not as heavily vaccinated.

There, is that what you wanted to hear?

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently more people are likely to die from the flu in the US where more are vaccinated than in car accidents, and more people die in car accidents than the flu in third world countries where they are not as heavily vaccinated.
There, is that what you wanted to hear?

Can you think of a reason why more people would die in car accidents worldwide vs the US?

You’re making logical mistakes all over the place. You can’t equate car accident death rates in a 3rd world country with no seatbelt laws and different driving styles/laws with a developed country like the US. You also can’t compare flu rates between the two and attribute it to vaccination. There are again confounding factors like people living in big cities vs small villages, air travel, etc.

I’m just pointing out that you are cherry picking statistics based on whatever supports your point of view. It’s not logically consistent to say you won’t accept statistics from the country you live in (which represents the best comparator group) but then use a worldwide statistic which is a worse comparator group.

If we’re going to just pick numbers out of the air, I choose Sierra Leone. 10,315 flu deaths in 2017, only 1,842 car accident deaths. So you are 5.6 times more likely to die from the flu vs a car accident right? What do I win?

#2450 4 years ago

I’m just pointing out that you are cherry picking statistics based on whatever supports your point of view.

You are reading way too much into this. I just googled how many people die in car accidents every year and came up with this.

"Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day."

But it's nice you helped us realize more people are likely to die from the flu in a heavily vaccinated population like the US.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.