New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 211068)

Do you get a seasonal flu shot?

By cosmokramer

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,456 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by jlm33
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Flu shot”

• Yes 268 votes
    43%
  • No 302 votes
    48%
  • Sometimes 56 votes
    9%

(626 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 162 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2456 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.
#2351 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

How about this compromise? People who refuse immunizations, fine. But that person should sign a legal, enforceable contract agreeing to stay home if they contract the disease. They should agree not to go out in public and subject others to their ‘infectivity’. And most importantly, they and their family should accept full responsibility for their decision. That means not going to the hospital if they take a turn for the worse. Not using up medical resources to treat a disease that they should not have gotten in the first place had they acted responsibly.
If they die, that was their decision. They should die at home, not at some hospital, hooked up to a ventilator and life support. Not after accruing hundreds of thousands of dollars in hospital bills that I, as a taxpayer, have to pay for.
Seems fair enough. Man up and take responsibility for your actions.

Or how about this one? Every person who participates in the profit of vaccination is required to sign a document agreeing they are personally and severally liable for any injury it causes.

#2352 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

don't plan on getting the flu this year so I feel the shot or any other man made chemical remedy is toxins I don't need in my body.

You could have it and be contagious right now. You don’t have to have symptoms.

I don’t plan on crashing my car so I don’t need a seatbelt. I will also somehow prevent everybody else from crashing in to me.

This is all faulty logic. Free Country so carry on.

#2353 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

My wife works for the WHO and I listen to her when she tells me to get the seasonal flu shot.
She is so adamant about it that we even give one to our 3 cats as she has samples.
I get 2 each season just to be sure I get a healthy dose. Highly recommended.

Another bear in this saloon?

#2354 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

luckily it won’t be very long until there isn’t a choice

Lol...good luck with that!

#2355 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You could have it and be contagious right now. You don’t have to have symptoms.

Same could be said for someone who took the shot. Apparently it works on one strain, but not another.

I'm proactive and do what it takes to stay healthy and fight off germs as they come my way. I'll take that over someone who doesn't and then goes out in public with a false sense of security because they got the shot.

I see it all the time "I got the shot but got sick anyway" "Well gee, thanks for sharing that with me"

#2356 10 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Lol...good luck with that!

I should’ve been more clear.
I was referring more to unvaccinated children in public schools, Im not implying the govt will be holding people down giving them shots, loopholes in the laws are being closed etc

#2357 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Same could be said for someone who took the shot. Apparently it works on one strain, but not another.

Not my point. You don’t “plan” on getting the flu. You could have it and be contagious as we speak. You can plan all you want.

In fact, I am willing to bet, knowing the Universe as I do, you do have the flu! And everybody stopping by for their 2” flipper fix is being exposed! You’re like Typhoid Mary!

#2358 10 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Or how about this one? Every person who participates in the profit of vaccination is required to sign a document agreeing they are personally and severally liable for any injury it causes.

Sure. Set up a fund to cover the extremely rare vaccine related complications. Although, how often can you know for certain that a complication occurred because of the vaccine. You can speculate but cause/effect is tough to prove.

Would the antivaxxers be willing to suck it up and stay at home no matter how sick they become? I think not.

#2359 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

unvaccinated children in public schools

Many, if not all major metro school districts require proof of shots to enroll already.

#2360 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Many, if not all major metro school districts require proof of shots to enroll already.

Yes but there’s the religious exemptions loop hole, there’s still a lot of unvaccinated kids at all public schools

#2361 10 months ago

True story-

A guy comes into my work.

"How are you doing sir?"

"Not too good. I'm sick and took the day off from work but thought it would be a good day to get my smog test"

"Yeah, you don't look so good. Thanks for sharing that with me"

"Don't worry, I got a flu shot last week so I'm not contagious"

Who's the dummy now?

#2362 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

She is so adamant about it that we even give one to our 3 cats as she has samples.
I get 2 each season just to be sure

Wow....I dont even know what to say.

#2363 10 months ago

Anyone paying attention knows the government has been using chemtrails to insert flu shot into the generically modified corn crop. Between that and the fluoride we are pretty much screwed guys.

#2364 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Anyone paying attention knows the government has been using chemtrails to insert flu shot into the generically modified corn crop. Between that and the fluoride we are pretty much screwed guys.

You sure that is generically modified? I thought they only used brand name modified corn crops.

#2365 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:...
Would the antivaxxers be willing to suck it up and stay at home no matter how sick they become? I think not.

Now you have revealed you support imprisoning me. I'd much rather that anyone demonstrating symptoms "stay at home" until they don't. But that wouldn't be a convenient magic pill in a syringe now, would it?

#2366 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

You sure that is generically modified? I thought they only used brand name modified corn crops.

It's widely known that Monsanto is a CIA cover, open your eyes bro.

#2367 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Don't worry, I got a flu shot last week so I'm not contagious"

Ignorance is bliss

#2368 10 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Now you have revealed you support imprisoning me. I'd much rather that anyone demonstrating symptoms "stay at home" until they don't. But that wouldn't be a convenient magic pill in a syringe now, would it?

I support imprisoning you!?! Where did that come from? Magical thinking I guess.

#2369 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's widely known that Monsanto is a CIA cover, open your eyes bro.

You are joking, right?

#2370 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I support imprisoning you!?! Where did that come from? Magical thinking I guess.

You said if I get sick, I have to stay home and can't seek treatment. Why is this for me, but not others who took the ineffective shot? Do your feelings and beliefs reduce transmission?

#2371 10 months ago

The bottom line here is that no one is changing anyone else’s minds on the subject, so now back to figuring out this mfin check fuses f114 and f115 on my sttng! Play on brothers!

#2372 10 months ago

I think this entire thread highlights the risk of medical tyranny in a democracy. 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

#2373 10 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I think this entire thread highlights the risk of medical tyranny in a democracy. 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

I thought you were a bear?

MoonBearPig (resized).png
#2374 10 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Where is the tyranny exactly? Is it people making fun of you for believing in conspiracy theories and your complete failure to understand how vaccination works (despite having apparently read all of the product inserts)? Seems more like a free exchange of ideas to me.

#2375 10 months ago

It comforts me to know that a person like this has more right to be out in public than one who did not get a shot.
download (resized).jpg

https://www.verywellhealth.com/why-did-i-get-sick-after-a-flu-shot-770535

#2376 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It comforts me to know that a person like this has more right to be out in public than one who did not get a shot.
[quoted image]
https://www.verywellhealth.com/why-did-i-get-sick-after-a-flu-shot-770535

Once you have the flu it doesn’t matter if you got vaccinated, you should still stay home. Any doc will tell you that.

#2377 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

You are joking, right?

I can tell that you are probably one of those 'round earth' 'moon lander' types that believe everything the New Templars tell you. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

#2378 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Once you have the flu it doesn’t matter if you got vaccinated, you should still stay home.

Sure, but you could still be contagious before symptoms show up.

So what gives a person who got a shot any more right to be out in public than a healthy person who does not?

#2379 10 months ago
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
#2380 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

I can tell that you are probably one of those 'round earth' 'moon lander' types that believe everything the New Templars tell you. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

They can’t be woken.

#2381 10 months ago

Think influenza is bad, just wait until Ebola finds its way out of Africa and into an industrialized society.

#2382 10 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They can’t be woken.

A few more and RTR will have caught his limit.

#2383 10 months ago

I asked my friend that came over last night if he gets a flu shot. He said no way!

I then asked how come neither of us ever seem to get sick?

He said probably because we don't get the shot. lol.

#2384 10 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Think influenza is bad, just wait until Ebola finds its way out of Africa and into an industrialized society.

Nah it's fine. I purposefully lick door handles to keep my immune system in tip top shape. Bring that weak shit on.

#2385 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I purposefully lick door handles to keep my immune system in tip top shape.

I deal with the sickly got a flu shot public day after day to keep my immunity to the disease up.

#2386 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

asked my friend that came over last night if he gets a flu shot. He said no way!
I then asked how come neither of us ever seem to get sick?
He said probably because we don't get the shot. lol.

Like reading a textbook on how to conduct a scientific experiment. Perfect, as always.

#2387 10 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Like reading a textbook on how to conduct a scientific experiment. Perfect, as always.

It was good for a laugh anyway.

Like those that get the shot and believe there is no chance they can pass the flu onto someone else.

#2388 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Nah it's fine. I purposefully lick door handles to keep my immune system in tip top shape. Bring that weak shit on.

I lick strippers. Way more effective and fun.

#2389 10 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Nah, R0 (R nought) value for Ebola is less than 2. Now measles on the other hand. It has an R0 of 18!

#2390 10 months ago
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
#2391 10 months ago
Quoted from emkay:

I lick strippers. Way more effective and fun.

Covers immunity of Ebola and the clap. Smart guy.

#2392 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Covers immunity of Ebola and the clap. Smart guy.

Yup, just have to floss the crabs out afterwards. A lot of people forget that step.

#2393 10 months ago

Now you want to talk lethality... Anthrax, prion diseases (like Kuru) and Naeglaria are much deadlier than Ebola.

#2394 10 months ago

Ever notice the pro vaxxers seem to think alike? Illuminati mind control serum!!!! Stay away!

#2395 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ever notice the pro vaxxers seem to think alike?

I never noticed them at all until they showed up in this thread.

#2396 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Now you want to talk lethality... Anthrax, prion diseases (like Kuru) and Naeglaria are much deadlier than Ebola.

Don’t forget the Marburg virus. I only mentioned Ebola because it is a mess right now in Africa and people there are spreading lots of misinformation about it.

If nature does not find a way to balance things out here on earth, humans will most likely go down in history as the first species to be responsible for a mass extinction on this planet.

#2397 10 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

humans will most likely go down in history as the first species to be responsible for a mass extinction on this planet.

Between overpopulation and scientists meddling with things in their laboratories, it will most likely be their own.

#2398 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ever notice the pro vaxxers seem to think alike? Illuminati mind control serum!!!! Stay away!

Yes, we are all members of the Illuminati AND the CIA!

#2399 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like those that get the shot and believe there is no chance they can pass the flu onto someone else.

Whoever those phantoms are...Oh! Right. Nobody has said that.

#2400 10 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

humans will most likely go down in history as the first species to be responsible for a mass extinction on this planet.

Not a chance. Sharks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jonesboro, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New Kensington, PA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 2456 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside