View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 50.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Never to the cocksure.

Says the guy who states he is the best engineer any of us have ever met. (or in this case not met).

Stay classy Alpha Sigma Bear

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Guys - I think SadSack and o-din are starting to see the light, just a few more facts and they will get vaccinated! Go for it!

Yeah man!

Just like all the hype from people that know more than I convinced me to invest in one of these.

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah man!
Just like all the hype from people that know more than I convinced me to invest in one of these.

I traded a 1963 Topps Pete Rose for an 86 yugo, dumbest thing I’ve ever done!

#2304 4 years ago

I could have also invested in New Coke and Betamax at the advice of others.

So yeah, I'm just going to scurry on down to Walmart and get that shot now.

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah man!

Cant believe you fell for the Yugo but not the flu shot!

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Cant believe you fell for the Yugo but not the flu shot!

I was just kidding. lol. I didn't buy that junk just like I won't let them shoot that junk into my body.

I see all kinds of seemingly brainwashed people buying into shit just because they see an ad on TV or someone else tells them they should. Or four out of five doctors recommend it. lol. Or even caving into peer pressure to become one with some herd.

I like to think of myself as more intelligent than that and having a mind of my own and able to decide what's best for me. Sure when I was a punk kid I did some stupid shit that others did. But I think I might be a little wiser now. Perhaps.

#2307 4 years ago

36,000 people die each year from flu with 200,000 hospitalizations. The shot is NOT a live virus so you can’t get the flu from it. Anyone who still refuses to get the flu shot with all the knowledge we have today about vaccination effectiveness and safety is clueless. But heck, who am I to argue with Darwin. Take them out of the gene pool.

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Anyone who still refuses to get the flu shot with all the knowledge we have today about vaccination effectiveness and safety is clueless.

More insults

Hahaha

Yeah, that's going to work!

Quoted from Davidus56:

But heck, who am I to argue with Darwin. Take them out of the gene pool.

Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpgCharles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I haven’t had a flu shot in probably 10 years. The last couple times I got a flu shot it made me sick with flu like symptoms. I’ve never had the flu, but I am a germaphobe and wash my hands a lot.

You’re playing Russian roulette. I think people who refuse the flu shot, who then get the flu, should be quarantined at home. No hospitalization. No use of medical resources. They made their choice. Let them live or die on their own. Maybe they can try some home remedies or homeopathic drops.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

More insults
Hahaha
Yeah, that's going to work!
[quoted image]

I haven’t read the entire thread. I take it you’re an antivaxxer?

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I think people who refuse the flu shot, who then get the flu, should be quarantined at home.

So what would you do with those that get the shot and get sick anyway, and go out and spread it around.

Give them a medal or trophy?

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I haven’t read the entire thread. I take it you’re an antivaxxer?

No I'm an anti someone trying to tell others what to do and lay some guilt trip on them for not making the same choice they do.

And using insults and other tactics to prove they are right.

Thread title is "Do you get a seasonal flu shot?"

Not "Tell us why someone is clueless or an inconsiderate idiot if they don't"

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I'm an anti some asshole trying to lay some guilt trip on others for not making the same choice they do.

The flu shot doesn’t cause the flu. You are clearly too stupid to benefit from facts. Stick with Jenny McCarthy. She’s a celebrity playmate expert on the subject.

Here is some good advice, but you probably won’t understand it.

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:You are clearly too stupid to benefit from facts.

And you've just shown you are a genius with people skills that most will want to believe or listen to. Just kidding.

I won't be watching that video with the bald dude or taking anything you say seriously.

#2315 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So what would you do with those that get the shot and get sick anyway, and go out and spread it around.
Give them a medal or trophy?

Shot does not/cannot cause the flu. Maybe get a degree in medicine/immunology and then you can opine an informed opinion. Instead you parrot notorious Mercola and other Bogus sites.

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And you've just shown you are a genius with people skills that most will want to believe or listen to. Just kidding.
I won't be watching that video with the bald dude or taking anything you say seriously.

Blocked. I’m intolerant of stupid.

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Shot does not/cannot cause the flu. Maybe get a degree in medicine/immunology and then you can opine an informed opinion.

So, are you saying if one gets the shot there is absolute no way in hell they can get the flu, even perhaps another strain?

#2318 4 years ago

Some of these guys on the flu shot brigade sure take themselves seriously.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

You’re playing Russian roulette. I think people who refuse the flu shot, who then get the flu, should be quarantined at home. No hospitalization. No use of medical resources. They made their choice. Let them live or die on their own. Maybe they can try some home remedies or homeopathic drops.

This goes for alcoholics, smokers, the overweight, the underweight and everyone who doesn't fit your ideal. Thanks for clearing this up for all of us. And don't get me started on behavior diseases... no soup for you!

#2320 4 years ago

I don't know what it is Sad Sack, but his whole spiel is like the desperation we've been seeing throughout this thread.

They sound like they are so fearful they are going to die, they want to use guys like us as scapegoats or something for their own weakness to disease.

#2321 4 years ago

Hey quick question...

Why is this thread on Pinside?

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Hey quick question...
Why is this thread on Pinside?

It fits the mold

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

This goes for alcoholics, smokers, the overweight, the underweight and everyone who doesn't fit your ideal. Thanks for clearing this up for all of us. And don't get me started on behavior diseases... no soup for you!

Except smokers (and example - people who ride motorcycles without helmets) are a harm only (mainly) to themselves. When you get the flu, you likely spread it to others. Now your misery or death can be shared with unwitting victims.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Except smokers (and example - people who ride motorcycles without helmets) are a harm only (mainly) to themselves. When you get the flu, you likely spread it to others. Now your misery or death can be shared with unwitting victims.

Those unwitting victims should have gotten their shots

#2325 4 years ago

A 11 yr old kid just died from the flu who was vaccinated. Mic drop.

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

https://people.com/health/11-year-old-boy-dies-flu-complications/

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Holy shit! That proves “something”...wait, no, no it doesn’t.

PS “mic drop” about a kid dying is just slightly insensitive.

#2328 4 years ago

Just another example of the effective in "safe and effective". It's all nonsense and virtue-signalling by the naive or invested in my view.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Those unwitting victims should have gotten their shots

Sure. And what about people with compromised immune systems, on chemo, who have cancer. The flu shot may have provided them with some minimal protection, but some a-hole sneezes near them and they get a huge viral load? They are going to die. It is selfish not to contribute to herd immunity.

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Sure. And what about people with compromised immune systems, on chemo, who have cancer. The flu shot may have provided them with some minimal protection, but some a-hole sneezes near them and they get a huge viral load? They are going to die. It is selfish not to contribute to herd immunity.

You can't make the weak strong by weakening the strong. The shot works only marginally according to authorities on the matter and the risks are >0. I'm sorry for the weak, but not sorry enough to join them with a lifelong case of vaccine-induced Guillain-Barré syndrome (a listed as a side effect in the drug insert).

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You can't make the weak strong by weakening the strong. The shot works only marginally according to authorities on the matter and the risks are >0. I'm sorry for the weak, but not sorry enough to join them with a lifelong case of vaccine-induced Guillain-Barré syndrome.

Forgot chemtrails and spy pigeons

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Just another example of the effective in "safe and effective". It's all nonsense and virtue-signalling by the naive or invested in my view.

It shouldn’t be this hard for an engineer such as yourself to puzzle out the mechanics of it. As stated in pretty much every post in this thread, including many of your own, the flu shot is not 100% effective. Never was, never will be. Some people that get the shot will definitely die of the flu every year. An even greater percentage people that don’t get the shot will definitely die every year. The flu shot just improves your odds of not contracting the flu.

It’s a separate question whether you believe the hassle and side effects (real or imagined) are worth it to get the extra protection.

#2333 4 years ago

Did he get the shot just a few days before exposure? Not enough time to develop immunity. Was it a flu subtype that the vaccine did not cover? There are many different antigenic variations of the flu and the W.H.O. tries to predict/cover the most common ones.
Was he subjected to a large viral load? If you start off with 100 infecting virus units you can mount a defense. If you are hit with a 100 million virus units your body has less time to mount a defense.
One thing that is for certain. The flu shot does not cause the flu.

Why am I passionate about this? I have seen too many young people, in the prime of life, needlessly die from this stupid, easily prevented virus. The virus is the perfect pathogen. It is highly contagious, has broad antigenic variability and certain strains can have 50% or higher lethality. It can also be (more) easily weaponized than other biological agents. Read about the 1918 pandemic. That was only a 10% mortality rate. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

Subtype H5N1 case fatality rate could be as high as 60%!, but probably more in the 25-35% range. If that variant ever gets traction, you better pray they even have an immunization that covers it!

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Did he get the shot just a few days before exposure? Not enough time to develop immunity. Was it a flu subtype that the vaccine did not cover? There are many different antigenic variations of the flu and the W.H.O. tries to predict/cover the most common ones.
Was he subjected to a large viral load? If you start off with 100 infecting virus units you can mount a defense. If you are hit with a 100 million virus units your body has less time to mount a defense.
One thing that is for certain. The flu shot does not cause the flu....

So says you and a bunch of people who told you so. I simply don't believe you no matter how loudly you shout.

#2335 4 years ago

I think I will rely on healthy habits and nutrition rather than praying to liars in lab coats. You are reaching over a hudred years ago to make a point. How many people didn't even have running water at that time? Hygeine and habits are what reduce disease.. not magic potions whipped up by microbiologists and pimped by for-profit companies.

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You can't make the weak strong by weakening the strong. The shot works only marginally according to authorities on the matter and the risks are >0. I'm sorry for the weak, but not sorry enough to join them with a lifelong case of vaccine-induced Guillain-Barré syndrome (a listed as a side effect in the drug insert).

The incidence of Guillain-Barré after a flu shot is extremely rare. About .000001% https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/guillainbarre.htm mild, residual symptoms can persist, but in the majority of cases there is complete recovery.
Btw, Guillain-Barré is an absolute risk factor from getting the flu. The risk of GB is much higher if you contract influenza vs just getting the flu shot. People need to speak from knowledge or expertise in the matter, not from ignorance.

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The incidence of Guillain-Barré after a flu shot is extremely rare. About .000001% https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/guillainbarre.htm mild, residual symptoms can persist, but in the majority of cases there is complete recovery.

I'm super lucky. I know two of them.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I think I will rely on healthy habits and nutrition rather than praying to liars in lab coats. You are reaching over a hudred years ago to make a point. How many people didn't even have running water at that time? Hygeine and habits are what reduce disease.. not magic potions whipped up by microbiologists and pimped by for-profit companies.

Are you a happy person? They say ignorance is bliss.

#2339 4 years ago

One thing I’ve learned is that can’t argue with ignorance, anti-vaxxers are right up there with the flat earthers, citing web sites from crack pots to “prove” their points, luckily it won’t be very long until there isn’t a choice in the matter, it’s just a shame people will have to needlessly die until then

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One thing I’ve learned is that can’t argue with ignorance, anti-vaxxers are right up there with the flat earthers, citing web sites from crack pots to “prove” their points, luckily it won’t be very long until there isn’t a choice in the matter, it’s just a shame people will have to needlessly die until then

You’re right of course. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

So you are actually for the government forcing people to take flu shots? And you are calling people ignorant? That's about funny!

There ain't no MF going to force me to take any kind of a shot I can guarantee you that right now.

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Diet and exercise. What’s that? Have you seen most pinsiders? Lol.

#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Unless you are a medical student, I can guarantee that I have read more vaccine inserts, cdc publications and VAERS reports than you have. Pot, meet kettle.

#2344 4 years ago

It's funny. We were watching the news last night and they said if you have the flu and are feeling dehydrated be sure to contact your doctor.

How bout if you are dehydrated, start drinking some water. lol.

Then there is the cure for the flu- get plenty of rest and drink plenty of liquids. What would be wrong with doing that beforehand so you don't get sick in the first place?

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:Unless you are a medical student, I can guarantee that I have read more vaccine inserts, cdc publications and VAERS reports than you have. Pot, meet kettle.

And yet still woefully misinformed

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you are actually for the government forcing people to take flu shots? And you are calling people ignorant? That's about funny!
There ain't no MF going to force me to take any kind of a shot I can guarantee you that right now.

"If you stick that needle in my body, I'm going to stick it in your eye!"

#2347 4 years ago

I don't plan on getting the flu this year so I feel the shot or any other man made chemical remedy is toxins I don't need in my body.

#2348 4 years ago

How about this compromise? People who refuse immunizations, fine. But that person should sign a legal, enforceable contract agreeing to stay home if they contract the disease. They should agree not to go out in public and subject others to their ‘infectivity’. And most importantly, they and their family should accept full responsibility for their decision. That means not going to the hospital if they take a turn for the worse. Not using up medical resources to treat a disease that they should not have gotten in the first place had they acted responsibly.
If they die, that was their decision. They should die at home, not at some hospital, hooked up to a ventilator and life support. Not after accruing hundreds of thousands of dollars in hospital bills that I, as a taxpayer, have to pay for.

Seems fair enough. Man up and take responsibility for your actions.

#2349 4 years ago

My wife works for the WHO and I listen to her when she tells me to get the seasonal flu shot.
She is so adamant about it that we even give one to our 3 cats as she has samples.
I get 2 each season just to be sure I get a healthy dose. Highly recommended.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

People who refuse immunizations, fine. But that person should sign a legal, enforceable contract agreeing to stay home if they contract the disease.

And the people that get the shot but get sick anyway and go out and spread it around should be condemned to a place like Devil's Island?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.