View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 50.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

From 2004-2018 the effectiveness percentage average was 41%. Some years it was 20% or lower and the highest it ever got to was 60% in 2010. You probably figure it's worth it to inject Formaldehyde and Thimerosal into your body for such a low success rate but others don't.

Single dose flu vaccines have not contained Thimerosal for almost a couple of decades now. Please stop spreading lies and nonsense, I know that is essentially what pinside is, but lets not apply pinside logic to medical care.

#2202 4 years ago

Does anyone have access to exactly what IS in the vaccine? Along with all precautions and possible side effects. And of course the legal limit on lawsuits and such? You know, in print/verified web page, etc.

I think the more facts we have the smoother this will go...

But to echo many sentiments, your "choice" doesn't have to be mine. Although I'm nearly 95% certain shortly there will be no more "choices"

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Does anyone have access to exactly what IS in the vaccine?

Supposedly at least some chicken egg product.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's whatever's right for you or any other individual.
Nobody should be making their own decisions based on somebody elses preaching.

You must have been popular in Sunday school!

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You must have been popular in Sunday school!

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg
#2206 4 years ago

As has been stated several times in this thread, you can get the flu and show ZERO symptoms. Great right? Well, for YOU, but you are still contagious. That’s the whole point of the vaccine. You could spread the shit all over potentially killing people, all the while you appear strong and healthy!

#2207 4 years ago

As been stated in this thread several times, you could get a flu shot and have a false sense of security and still be contageous with it or another strain and have have ZERO symptoms. Great right? Well, for YOU, but you are still contagious. You could spread the shit all over potentially killing people, all the while you appear strong and healthy!

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

false sense of security and still be contageous with it or another strain and have have ZERO symptoms.

Moot point for you. Thanks to those daily doses of Nugenix you are strong and healthy!

A24945C8-3507-48D8-A896-596B533F9B84 (resized).pngA24945C8-3507-48D8-A896-596B533F9B84 (resized).png
#2209 4 years ago

Ooooo, the Big Hunk!

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Single dose flu vaccines have not contained Thimerosal for almost a couple of decades now. Please stop spreading lies and nonsense, I know that is essentially what pinside is, but lets not apply pinside logic to medical care.

The CDC states that MOST single dose vaccines do not contain it not ALL. From what I have read there are still multi-dose vials being used in some instances. Formaldehyde and the 41% success rate is still a concern. It's not lies or nonsense, I would get the shot if I was elderly or had a weak immune system.

#2211 4 years ago
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).pngOprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png
#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ooooo, the Big Hunk!

Hey now, that's the Big Hurt you're talking about.

big-hunk-4 (resized).jpgbig-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The CDC states that MOST single dose vaccines do not contain it not ALL. From what I have read there are still multi-dose vials being used in some instances. Formaldehyde and the 41% success rate is still a concern. It's not lies or nonsense, I would get the shot if I was elderly or had a weak immune system.

It certainly is a lie and nonsense when you imply that all flu vaccines contain thimerasol, which you did. Flu vaccines in the united states are pretty much all shipped single dose anymore. I haven't seen a tank used for flu vaccines in close to 25 years. If that is a concern all you have to do is ask the provider and they will show you the vial your vaccine in drawn from. That is a pretty easy concern to get around. Thimerasol has also never been proven to cause any health issues at the concentration it used to be used in flu vaccines . The amount of formaldehyde is also well below any human threshold. You will encounter higher formaldehyde levels in most new construction homes. If you don't want to get a flu shot that is fine, I could care less. Just don't spread misinformation that is largely made up to panic people to justify your reason for not getting one. Plus if thimersol and formaldehyde was so risky the last people getting it should be the elderly, chemo patients, etc. Flu shots are not required, you don't have to have any reason to not get one, there's no reason to use false information to justify your decision.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It certainly is a lie and nonsense when you imply that all flu vaccines contain thimerasol, which you did. Flu vaccines in the united states are pretty much all shipped single dose anymore. I haven't seen a tank used for flu vaccines in close to 25 years. If that is a concern all you have to do is ask the provider and they will show you the vial your vaccine in drawn from. That is a pretty easy concern to get around. Thimerasol has also never been proven to cause any health issues at the concentration it used to be used in flu vaccines . The amount of formaldehyde is also well below any human threshold. You will encounter higher formaldehyde levels in most new construction homes. If you don't want to get a flu shot that is fine, I could care less. Just don't spread misinformation that is largely made up to panic people to justify your reason for not getting one. Plus if thimersol and formaldehyde was so risky the last people getting it should be the elderly, chemo patients, etc. Flu shots are not required, you don't have to have any reason to not get one, there's no reason to use false information to justify your decision.

I'm not on here telling people to avoid the flu shot just giving valid reasons why people don't so ease off the "panic people" take. Sounds like your in the health industry and if most of the shots are single vile then that's good to know. I treat the flu shot just like I do any prescription drug, not going to take it unless there's a strong reason to because of the side effects they can create.

#2215 4 years ago
3loguy (resized).jpg3loguy (resized).jpg
#2216 4 years ago

My brother got a dirty flu shot at his work. It left him with scaring in his spinal column which has given him chronic pain for over that last 12 years. After the first couple of years with many doctor visits to try and figure out what happened he told his employer of his situation. 3 month later he was terminated after over 10 years of employment. I wont get a flu shot and neither will my kids.

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The human body produces over an ounce of formaldehyde daily as part of regular metabolism. In contrast the flu shot contains trace amounts of formaldehyde which is used in the process of virus inactivation. This formaldehyde stuff is just scare tactics.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As been stated in this thread several times, you could get a flu shot and have a false sense of security and still be contageous with it or another strain and have have ZERO symptoms. Great right? Well, for YOU, but you are still contagious. You could spread the shit all over potentially killing people, all the while you appear strong and healthy!

That has to be one of the most-ridiculous excuses for not getting vaccinated that I've heard in a while.

I think in the end "Darwinism" will come into play and everyone who refuses to vaccinate will simply become Darwin Award winners. It's all part of Evolution.

I get vaccinated every freakin' year. Here in the 21st century I like to take full advantage of all the latest advances in medicine.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

That has to be one of the most-ridiculous excuses for not getting vaccinated that I've heard in a while.

That wasn't really an excuse for not getting one.

It was more pointing out how ridiculous those are that are trying to lay some guilt trip on those that don't, as many think that once they get the shot, they are immune to getting anybody else sick.

They could already be infected, and at that point even with the shot, they are as contagious as anybody else.

Or they could be carrying another strain, but because they got a shot, they feel high and mighty that their whoever was certainly infected by somebody that didn't get one.

My reason for not getting one, is that I don't need or want one.

#2220 4 years ago

Stating facts and science and statistics is not “guilt tripping”...if you feel guilty you own it. Quit crying about science.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Stating facts and science and statistics is not “guilt tripping”..

Stating facts or science as you believe it is not guilt tripping.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

You could spread the shit all over potentially killing people

When even if you get the shot, you could do the same, is.

In fact, it's a little more than that.

#2222 4 years ago

Nonsense. Facts is facts is facts...don’t matter who’s delivering them.

#2223 4 years ago

Do you drive a car? If so, how many miles in a year?

Did you drive a car to get your last flu shot?

#2224 4 years ago

Did you know it is a scientific fact that every time you get behind the wheel that increases your chances of causing somebody else's death or harm in a vehicular accident?

Did you know that it is also a scientific fact that by not getting behind the wheel, that almost eliminates the risk of you contributing to the cause of a vehicular accident and it also helps the environment in ways that can also not lead to someone else's harm or death?

Just the facts, the scientific facts.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And I’ve had the complete opposite from your experience so who’s right?

The guy who didn't get sick. duh..

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

The guy who didn't get sick. duh..

Do you have any scientific basis to back that up?

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you have any scientific basis to back that up?

No, but I can put on a white lab coat if that will make you believe me. It seems to work for many.

#2228 4 years ago

Pinside brain trust in full effect.

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No, but I can put on a white lab coat if that will make you believe me. It seems to work for many.

I'll bring the rats.

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Some of the idiots here are even susceptible to believing people that appear to have a clue what they are talking about. You could always give that a spin, just for laughs.

#2231 4 years ago

All I want to know is how many rats have died in the name of science.

#2232 4 years ago

Quote - “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.” -MT

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ooooo, the Big Hunk!

One of the best pure hitters of all time, best eye I’ve ever seen, and I hate the Sox. Back to flu season!

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Back to flu season!

I almost forgot it was flu season.

Can't that wait until football season is officially over?

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I almost forgot it was flu season. Can't that wait until football season is officially over?

Good news, although it varies year to year the flu season most frequently peaks in February, so you should be able to transition right over after the Super Bowl without fear of missing out!

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I want to know is how many rats have died in the name of science

Not enough, just ask New Yorkers or anyone for that matter. Rats could be eliminated, exterminated and go extinct and I'd be one happy camper.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Get the flu shot...

she just wasn't healthy and strong and she for sure didn't catch it from some other strong and healthy person that wasn't vaccinated either. Psssh, weak people, am I right?

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

she just wasn't healthy and strong and she for sure didn't catch it from some other strong and healthy person that wasn't vaccinated either. Psssh, weak people, am I right?

Basically the kid almost died and is now blind for life thank to her parent's stupidity.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Basically the kid almost died and is now blind for life thank to her parent's stupidity.

She might regain her eyesight back possibly the article said. I've also read where the flu vaccine isn't very affective at all for kids this year so she may very well have gotten the flu anyways even if she had gotten the shot. Hopefully she regains her sight back. Very.sad and tragic story.

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I don’t think that is fair to the parents. What exactly did they do that was stupid? The girl had a flu shot just months earlier. If you actually read what transpired, they did nothing that would/should be considered negligent.

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I don’t think that is fair to the parents. What exactly did they do that was stupid? The girl had a flu shot just months earlier. If you actually read what transpired, they did nothing that would/should be considered negligent.

The article says she did not get a flu shot this season.

"Jade DeLucia, who did not receive a flu shot this season, caught the flu a few days before Christmas and spent nearly two weeks in the intensive care unit at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital."

Edited to add, the parents should in no way be shamed for it. It's a tragedy. I think people could learn from their message though:

"her parents have a message: Get your child vaccinated.

"If I can stop one child from getting sick, that's what I want to do," said Amanda Phillips. "It's terrible to see your child suffer like this.""

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The girl had a flu shot just months earlier.

Last year. She thought she was good for another season or something. Sad mistake I guess.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Last year. She thought she was good for another season or something. Sad mistake I guess.

Her flu shot was in March, 9 months prior to her getting sick. She was getting it annually at that time from their pediatrician. If a mistake was made, it was by her doctor. He/she should have advised them when to get it again (and scheduled the appointment). Would this season’s shot have prevented her illness? We will never know. But again, the parents are not to blame.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Her flu shot was in March, 9 months prior to her getting sick.

Flu shots are targeted each season, previous season has nothing to do with current.

I guess you could blame the Doctor for not reminding her but the info is out there everywhere. You have to really be your own advocate for healthcare these days.

Quoted from mattosborn:

But again, the parents are not to blame.

I wouldn’t go that far. Sad story.

#2246 4 years ago

I so enjoy your vicious diatribes and attacks on the anti-vaxxers among us each and every time a vaccinated kid gets sick and debilitated. Look how they blame the parents because they simply listened to the poison-profiteers and "timed" the shot wrong.

Why don't you all just admit that your foundational information on the entire topic has been fed to you by those that profit from from the very information you trust.. namely big pharma and big media? I'm sorry so many of you are immune to original thought at this point. Perhaps your parents shouldn't have given you the cock-sure arrogance training that corrupted your common sense.

The bottom line is that the shot is neither safe, nor effective. You've simply placed your trust and belief in a bunch of charlatans. I know its hard to admit you've ever been wrong.

If the flu vaccine was what they say it is, flu would already be eradicated in the first world. I see absolutely no reduction in flu to those who are vaccinated and I see a lower incidence of flu in the unvaccinated than the population in general. So everything you pro-jabbers say is complete bullshit to me. I believe my own anecdotal observation and experience much more than people paid to lie to me. Sorry, you're not catching on.

The topic foments emotional responses from those that trust the information they've been given. That's why you see the vicious attacks and threats to break up families of anyone who's not towing the established line. For the last time, take your shots, revel in your immunity and get your nose out of my business. And if you want to say that my immunity is your business, then you don't really believe the shots are effective, do you?

I know that vaccine theory works, but I also know I can't trust large companies to be honest ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24785997 ). I've done the risk analysis and found that I want everyone I don't care about to vaccinate the shit out of themselves. For me and mine, no thanks.

#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

She might regain her eyesight back possibly the article said. I've also read where the flu vaccine isn't very affective at all for kids this year so she may very well have gotten the flu anyways even if she had gotten the shot. Hopefully she regains her sight back. Very.sad and tragic story.

No. Gatecrasher is saying that the kids should be taken from the parents... even though they did exactly what the TV and a drunken thief in a white labcoat told them.

Cock-sure.. that's what you pro-vaxxers all are.. cock-sure in your programming. Damn your lying eyes. The liar on TV told me so it must be true...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/flushot?lang=en Read it and weep.. literally.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I see absolutely no reduction in flu to those who are vaccinated and I see a lower incidence of flu in the unvaccinated than the population in general.

What? Talk about jabbering

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I want to know is how many rats have died in the name of science.

Rats , mice , any animal and humans who sign up as volunteers...

#2250 4 years ago

What do CEO Bernard J. Tyson and Sen. Jose Peralta have in common besides being successful black men?

3 weeks later they were both in the ground:

bernard (resized).jpegbernard (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/45?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.