View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 50.
#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You have no point. We all got our shots when we were children.
But we don't get them on a yearly basis for something minor like the flu.
And the more somebody else tells us we should, the more we think they ought to mind their own fucking business.

Keep up O-Din. The topic shifted to other vaccines. Don't give a shit if you get the flu shot or not. Just wont stand by and listen to bs about how measles vaccines are a con job by big pharma and how Bill Gates is trying to kill people.

When your fucking business impacts others then it's our fucking business. Don't send your kids to school without vaccines. Plain and simple.

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:Don't give a shit if you get the flu shot or not.

As long as we all can agree on that, I'm good.

As far as the others I got the mumps vaccine and got them anyway. No big deal, I got to stay home from school and watch Captain Kangaroo.

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Captain Kangaroo.

Why did Mr. Green jeans always wear blue?

#1955 4 years ago

Never get a shot, and NEVER IN MY LIFE had the flu, and I'm old.

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I need your blood sir.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as we all can agree on that, I'm good.
As far as the others I got the mumps vaccine and got them anyway. No big deal, I got to stay home from school and watch Captain Kangaroo.

Glad were still friends.

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Perhaps he was too busy dodging ping pong balls falling from the sky care of some moose to notice?

Quoted from RWH:

I need your blood sir.

You get Blenderhead's blood, prepare yourself for skateboarding and the midnight munchies.

Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Glad were still friends.

Of course!

#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You get Blenderhead's blood, prepare yourself for skateboarding and the midnight munchies.

Hell I already got that minus the skate boarding, tried that once....broke my arm.

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

We had a B/W TV, I thought he wore grey.

#1961 4 years ago

But we do send our kids to school...plain and simple. Dont care about the flu vaccine... Why not?

Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Keep up O-Din. The topic shifted to other vaccines. Don't give a shit if you get the flu shot or not. Just wont stand by and listen to bs about how measles vaccines are a con job by big pharma and how Bill Gates is trying to kill people.
When your fucking business impacts others then it's our fucking business. Don't send your kids to school without vaccines. Plain and simple.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, Rick and Morty took care of that. This is just a sideshow. Like at a circus. With clowns.
Speaking of clowns, my straight A, honor student, fourth year of college daughter laughs at those that tell her she should get the shot.
Guess daddy, and perhaps mommy didn't raise no fool.

With all due respect to your smart daughter and her equally intelligent parents, one thing is clear in this thread. Those opposed to the flu shot are not influenced by academic prowess.

If they were, they would be abiding by the advice of the CDC, whose research recommends the shot. Advanced academic degrees in microbiology and infectious disease carry virtually no weight with the antivaxxer constituency.

My two daughters both get the shot, as does my son. None of them laugh at those who disregard the science. If anything, they likely pray for their good health (which is probably as ineffective as abstinence from the shot).

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

one thing is clear in this thread. Those opposed to the flu shot are not influenced by academic prowess.

I know lots and lots of super intelligent people who no way in hell will get a flu shot.

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know lots and lots of super intelligent people who no way in hell will get a flu shot.

Is one of them @SadSack? I think he's the only one who has shared his IQ score so far in here, but there's always time to revive the trend.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is one of them SadSack? I think he's the only one who has shared his IQ score so far in here, but there's always time to revive the trend.

No i dont have a clue who sad sack is. Im talking about friends who are chemist, engineers, architects you name it. I also know a doctor who will not inject himself with one and probably 80% of the people that i know who work in hospitals are pissed off because they are made to take them. They do not want them and they are afraid of them. Im not saying that they are bad or good, im just telling you how many people that i know feel about them.

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

academic prowess

Academic prowess is bought

Common sense is a gift

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Common sense is a gift

Unless one has participated in the varsity blues scandal, academic achievement is earned.

The CDC scientists are among the most accomplished in the field of immunology. To deny that fact is to put one's head in the proverbial sand.

I'm a big believer in common sense. But, complex medicine requires complex analysis and input from properly credentialed persons. That's what common sense dictates.

I am not relying on the conclusion of my kids or yours regarding flu shots even if they all were to graduate summa cum laude with degrees in art history. Common sense and science are not mutually exclusive. Indeed, they complement one another.

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Indeed. Those super intelligent persons are rejecting the advice of the scientists who have actually studied the flu shot issue.

It's not a matter of intelligence. Instead, it's a matter of expertise and a willingness to accept the idea that other people may actually know stuff that you don't know as well.

It's more of an arrogance issue, in reality.

#1969 4 years ago

Or, it could be that the flu shot has been largely ineffective the last couple of years and even in its best years is just a guess.

Quoted from ZNET:

Indeed. Those super intelligent persons are rejecting the advice of the scientists who have actually studied the flu shot issue.
It's not a matter of intelligence. Instead, it's a matter of expertise and a willingness to accept the idea that other people may actually know stuff that you don't know as well.
It's more of an arrogance issue, in reality.

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No i dont have a clue who sad sack is. Im talking about friends who are chemist, engineers, architects you name it. I also know a doctor who will not inject himself with one and probably 80% of the people that i know who work in hospitals are pissed off because they are made to take them. They do not want them and they are afraid of them. Im not saying that they are bad or good, im just telling you how many people that i know feel about them.

No doubt your friends (and you) are all very smart. But, have any of them authored a single article in a peer reviewed publication on the topic of immunology?

When they have, they deserve your deference. Until such time, you might as well rely upon your local baker for equivalently weighted advice about this complex subject.

#1971 4 years ago

I don't really care if any of you get the flu shot. Do what ever you want, just be responsible and stay home and away from people at high risk if you do get sick. There are too many dumb asses walking around coughing all over everything. Children should receive certain vaccinations in my opinion or they shouldn't be allowed to attend public school. Privately owned schools should have policies that fit whatever their own beliefs. If anyone is arguing against the success in general of vaccines they are viewing a very alternate history that is warped to meet their own desires.

This year I went to publixs for my shot, my insurance covered it and they gave me a $10 publix gift card for groceries. So now I'm $10 richer and less likely to get the flu. I also take my grandmother to radiation treatments at least every other week so I would consider it incredibly reckless and irresponsible not to have one this flu season.

Quoted from Blenderhead:

That must mean that flu vaccinations don't work.....

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Everyone knows intelligent people that say and do some of the dumbest stuff ever. I know an extremely successful surgeon that no kidding, goes on a trip every year looking for proof of bigfoot.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Everyone knows intelligent people that say and do some of the dumbest stuff ever. I know an extremely successful surgeon that no kidding, goes on a trip every year looking for proof of bigfoot.

You should tell that surgeon you are right and they are wrong,,,

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Using your flu shot logic, it's the others out there that life's in danger everytime you get behind the wheel.
But you mean to tell me you actually take the risk of hurting somebody else each time you leave the driveway, when it would be much safer for everybody if you did not drive at all? I mean that's all you have to do to reduce the risk, just stop driving.
In other words, people that live in glass houses should at least stop to think, if they can, before they throw stones.
Strike two and three, you're out!

You are terrible at this LOL

Risk is inevitable. Minimizing risks is the topic of discussion. To that end...I purchase cars with all sorts of accident avoidance features including pedestrian detection.

Same thing with my health. I do things to ensure I'm safe and do what I can to keep others safe (wash my hands, get a flu shot, cover my cough etc)

STRIKE two

What else? One more shot kid!

#1974 4 years ago

Common sense is a gift

Common sense would allow you to recognize that getting straight A's in College and grad school has nothing to do with purchasing power.

What grades did you get in graduate school?

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"survey of 400 doctors showed 95 percent planned to get a flu vaccine this season, and 96 percent said they recommend the vaccine to friends and family. The survey has a 5.8 percent margin of error." - Reuters

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I applaud you for being civil and stating your opinion well. You're absolutely correct when you say that Hospitals and Health Care in general are one of the leading causes of death. Also agree about the danger of medications. Ibuprofen kills thousands each year.
However, not sure you are now worried about getting influenza. It can strike anyone.

*Peer reviewed citation required

#1977 4 years ago

you guys should check out www.yourteamhastheflu.com!

#1978 4 years ago

Levi, shake off the residue from the NFL thread man!

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

What grades did you get in graduate school?

What is that, college?

I retired back in 98’ so I’m a bit out of the loop. Eccentric if you will...

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't really care if any of you get the flu shot. Do what ever you want, just be responsible and stay home and away from people at high risk if you do get sick. There are too many dumb asses walking around coughing all over everything. Children should receive certain vaccinations in my opinion or they shouldn't be allowed to attend public school. Privately owned schools should have policies that fit whatever their own beliefs. If anyone is arguing against the success in general of vaccines they are viewing a very alternate history that is warped to meet their own desires.
This year I went to publixs for my shot, my insurance covered it and they gave me a $10 publix gift card for groceries. So now I'm $10 richer and less likely to get the flu. I also take my grandmother to radiation treatments at least every other week so I would consider it incredibly reckless and irresponsible not to have one this flu season.

That must mean that flu vaccinations don't work.....

I wonder why insurance companies, Medicare, and and other health plans buy all that flu shot and give it to their members for free? Do they want to make their members sick and Big Pharma rich? How is that in their interest? Why did their number crunchers tell them to do it? I can't figure this out!!

#1981 4 years ago

You are terrible at this LOL
Risk is inevitable. Minimizing risks is the topic of discussion. To that end...I purchase cars with all sorts of accident avoidance features including pedestrian detection.
Same thing with my health. I do things to ensure I'm safe and do what I can to keep others safe (wash my hands, get a flu shot, cover my cough etc)

You are even worse at this.

If minimizing risks is the topic of discussion, then why do you even take the risk of getting behind the wheel when 1.5 million people die that way every year? And even more get maimed.

And just out of curiosity how many miles do you and your family drive each year?

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

one thing is clear in this thread. Those opposed to the flu shot are not influenced by academic prowess.

Quoted from ZNET:

Those super intelligent persons are rejecting the advice of the scientists who have actually studied the flu shot issue.

Quoted from jgentry:

There are too many dumb asses walking around coughing all over everything.

Like the super intelligent ones that say " I got my flu shot but got sick anyway, but at least I'm not contagious"

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like the super intelligent ones that say " I got my flu shot but got sick anyway, but at least I'm not contagious"

They are every bit as intelligent as the ones that claim the flu shot gave them the flu.

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know lots and lots of super intelligent people...

FFS, now I've heard it all.

Quoted from jgentry:

They are every bit as intelligent as the ones that claim the flu shot gave them the flu.

Man my arm was hurting for days after that shot...damn flu!

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Perhaps the shot they got didn't work?

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

FFS, now I've heard it all.

Man my arm was hurting for days after that shot...damn flu!

They can definitely make your arm hurt. I've had them be sore for a few days or not at all. Not sure what causes the difference.

Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the shot they got didn't work?

Not really. It most cases the shot worked perfectly and they never contracted the strain of flu that they were vaccinated for. Some people are dead serious about thinking the flu shot gave them the flu though.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It most cases the shot worked perfectly and they never contracted the strain of flu that they were vaccinated for. Some people are dead serious about thinking the flu shot gave them the flu though.

I work with the public and have heard too many times they got the shot but got sick anyway.

Nothing like having a false sense of security and going out and spreading that shit around anyway.

#1988 4 years ago

I'm just going to say what I think.

Unlike MMR, there are too many strains of the flu and that kind of virus is always mutating, so they will never be able to eradicate it.

Gat a shot if you like, or don't if you don't. Plain and simple. I don't see the point in debating that. Some people are healthier than others and take care of themselves so they have strong immune systems. For those that don't, perhaps science can save them.

#1989 4 years ago

Dumbass NFL teams damaging their players by offering and sometimes mandating flu shots. What a waste of money!

https://nationalfootballpost.com/monday-morning-md-8798/

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gat a shot if you like, or don't if you don't. Plain and simple. I don't see the point in debating that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot?tu=o-din

#1991 4 years ago

Point is? I never told anybody that wanted one they should not, but there sure have been a lot of others that do that tell others they should.

As long as that is the spiel, this thread will never end.

#1992 4 years ago

I have gotten a flu shot every year since I was younger, as have several people I know. And I have never had the flu since (knocks on wood...or remembers "I just got the flu shot"...you can choose). And I'm a paramedic and I'm around sick people / patients infected with the flu constantly. But that's all irrelevant I suppose.

Have any of you guys checked out www.yourteamcheats.com?

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not lately, but I have checked out onethousandreasonstogetaflushotandyouareadumbassifyoudont.com

#1994 4 years ago

What is that, college?
I retired back in 98’ so I’m a bit out of the loop. Eccentric if you will...

You dont remember your grad school grades?

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are even worse at this.
If minimizing risks is the topic of discussion, then why do you even take the risk of getting behind the wheel when 1.5 million people die that way every year? And even more get maimed.
And just out of curiosity how many miles do you and your family drive each year?

Your comparison would ONLY make sense if I got the flu shot AND never left my house for fear of being introduced to the live virus.

This was your last chance and you blew it! Bummer!!!

#1996 4 years ago

Your comparison would ONLY make sense if I got the flu shot AND never left my house for fear of being introduced to the live virus.
This was your last chance and you blew it! Bummer!!!

I'm going to clarify what I meant before I go do more important things today.

My statements were in regards to putting others at risk, not you. There are those that insist by not getting the shot you are putting others at risk just like every time you get behind the wheel of your car.

If you are only concerned about yourself, then we misunderstood each other.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Isn't that Tom Brady's diary?

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just going to say what I think.
Unlike MMR, there are too many strains of the flu and that kind of virus is always mutating, so they will never be able to eradicate it.
Gat a shot if you like, or don't if you don't. Plain and simple. I don't see the point in debating that. Some people are healthier than others and take care of themselves so they have strong immune systems. For those that don't, perhaps science can save them.

You’re correct that the flu mutates and there are too many strains to eradicate it with vaccination but the point of the flu shot is not to eradicate the flu.

You are also correct that younger and healthier people usually can weather the flu without serious consequences. The issue is when that younger person gives the flu to granny who dies from it.

#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do what ever you want, just be responsible and stay home and away from people at high risk if you do get sick.

And therein lies some of the rub.

"Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days) after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those people may still spread the virus to others."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/spread.htm

(And those that think that "CDC" is a four-letter word, feel free to ignore.)

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Gat a shot if you like, or don't if you don't. Plain and simple. I don't see the point in debating that.

Can we at least agree that this is the funniest post on this thread, even if not totally relevant to what it was addressing?

(We still love you, O-din.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.