View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 50.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Be honest though. You actually thought there was some conspiracy around flu advertisements.
Come on. You can admit it now. It’s over.

What? Do you not understand or can you not read plain English? I don't know how better to explain it. But one last time. If you don't get it this time, I don't know what to tell you, but don't bother asking again. I'll try to make it so even a person with an IQ less than 50 can understand.

Flu shot advertisements are just like any other bullshit they repeatedly try to convince people that they need.

They are no different to me than any other crap some idiot on TV thinks he can convince people they need even if the don't or won't be buying anyway.

Now that we have been over and over it, how about you giving it a rest, or are you really that obsessed?
3gfi1i (resized).jpg3gfi1i (resized).jpg

#1552 4 years ago

“Flu shot advertisements are just like any other...”

Quoted from o-din:

they always give you the long list of possible side affects EXCEPT ON THOSE HARD SELL FLU SHOT ADS. ARE THEY EXEMPT FOR SOME REASON?

Ok.

#1553 4 years ago

O-din just likes to troll, you are wasting your time. This is what he does in every thread.

#1554 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

O-din just likes to troll, you are wasting your time. This is what he does in every thread.

Bah. All in good fun.

#1555 4 years ago

I'm literally the opposite. I'm openly admitting that scientists and Doctors know more than me.
You on the other hand...

Just because they know more than me doesn't mean they are telling me the truth or that they even know what they are doing. The scientists who worked on the atomic bomb didnt know what they were creating. They were just working on what they were told to work on by the GOVERNMENT.

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

O-din is awesome.He is one of the few who sees it how it truly is. He isn't WOKE like most.

#1557 4 years ago

I just got my flu shot yesterday, I get them free with my insurance. I have type 2 diabetes but very well controlled. I am supposed to have a somewhat compromised immune system but I really don't think so. However; I used to get the flu every couple years or so and it would last for a few to several weeks. Since starting the annual shots I have not had the flu but a couple times and it was gone in a week or so. For me I can say they definitely help. Everyone can make their own decision. I also feel it helps keep the flu from spreading unhindered if most people get the shot a lot less people will get the flu. I think that makes it worth getting it! Just my opinion...

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Just because they know more than me doesn't mean they are telling me the truth

Lol.

ok

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

O-din is awesome.He is one of the few who sees it how it truly is. He isn't WOKE like most.

yeah but be honest....you are the type of guy who also falls for things like pizzagate, deep state, chemtrails and aliens right?

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No dude. I never even bought that book from that dude in the 90s that told me " By placing one tiny classified ad, I can show you how to make more money than you ever possibly imagined"[quoted image]

I see your Don Lapre and raise you one Dean Graziosi

B831D810-A605-4AA1-AF87-E2DD3E55BCD4 (resized).pngB831D810-A605-4AA1-AF87-E2DD3E55BCD4 (resized).png
#1561 4 years ago

yeah but be honest....you are the type of guy who also falls for things like pizzagate, deep state, chemtrails and aliens right?

*Content removed by moderator*

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Just because they know more than me doesn't mean they are telling me the truth or that they even know what they are doing.

zr11990 is right that expertise does not necessarily equate to truthfulness, and that experts can be wrong too. He disregards that the scientific community has significant safeguards in place -- like peer review -- that don't apply to to the "independent research" anti-vax believers are forced to rely on since hard science has overwhelmingly failed to support their views. But legitimate experts also sometimes lie, and sometimes make mistakes, just like the rest of us humans.

It's fair enough to start with a healthy skepticism about bold claims (scientific or otherwise). The problem is that many self-proclaimed "free thinkers" don't apply the same critical lens when they're analyzing fanciful conspiracy theories offered up by people that have neither expertise nor a community of experts to cross-check and challenge their work (and who can still lie and make mistakes, just like the rest of us).

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wolfmarsh just likes to think he is better and smarter than everybody else.

Have you lost any of that excessive weight yet? Bigger is not always better when it comes to one's health you know.

#1564 4 years ago

How many times has it come up where drug companies and other companies straight up lie about their product and its effects figuring the profit they make will vastly offset the lawsuits. Where are the scientists coming forward to say that the product is flawed or has bad effects. most care about the bottom line, themselves. Oh, and Epstein didnt kill himself

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bigger is not always better

So you're one of those "it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean" guys, eh? As Norm MacDonald observed, that may be the case, but it would still take a hell of a long time to paddle across the Atlantic in a canoe.

#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wolfmarsh just likes to think he is better and smarter than everybody else.

If we are comparing you and me, it's definitely true without a doubt.

Quoted from o-din:

Have you lost any of that excessive weight yet? Bigger is not always better when it comes to one's health you know.

I'm almost 50 pounds down! Been working hard!

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Imagine how sterile this site would be without the trolling...it would just be a bunch of dudes giving each other back rubs

#1568 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm almost 50 pounds down! Been working hard!

Congrats! I at one time was sort of fat myself.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If we are comparing you and me, it's definitely true without a doubt.

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

*Content removed by moderator*

As I thought. Good 'ole crazy uncle larry

Pass the stuffing!

#1570 4 years ago

All this flu fear got me so scared I just went to my doctors to get a shot. Lol

#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

zr11990 is right that expertise does not necessarily equate to truthfulness, and that experts can be wrong too. He disregards that the scientific community has significant safeguards in place -- like peer review -- that don't apply to to the "independent research" anti-vax believers are forced to rely on since hard science has overwhelmingly failed to support their views. But legitimate experts also sometimes lie, and sometimes make mistakes, just like the rest of us humans.
It's fair enough to start with a healthy skepticism about bold claims (scientific or otherwise). The problem is that many self-proclaimed "free thinkers" don't apply the same critical lens when they're analyzing fanciful conspiracy theories offered up by people that have neither expertise nor a community of experts to cross-check and challenge their work (and who can still lie and make mistakes, just like the rest of us).

ding ding ding

Its like thinking the US govt could keep aliens & chemtrails secret (along with coordinating all of it) but yet they cant even get a website up and running or keep low level employees from leaking high level secrets.

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How many times has it come up where drug companies and other companies straight up lie about their product and its effects figuring the profit they make will vastly offset the lawsuits. Where are the scientists coming forward to say that the product is flawed or has bad effects. most care about the bottom line, themselves. Oh, and Epstein didnt kill himself

Dunno, can you cite all of the times? That would help.

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The FTC and the various state attorney generals regulate false advertising claims and they do a pretty good job with making false ads get pulled down or mandating corrective advertising. Are they perfect? No, but they are quick to respond to claims of false advertising. If you have an example of false advertising turn it over to the FTC and watch what they do, you’ll be impressed if your allegations you bring before them have merit.

#1574 4 years ago

I might get another shot tomorrow to quell my fear.

#1575 4 years ago

I'm 61 years old, and this is the first year I've gotten one (my daughter had her baby 10 weeks premature and it was "Strongly Suggested" we get them). That was about a month ago and to be totally honest, I've felt like crap ever since. Doubt I'll be doing one again.

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

... to be totally honest, I've felt like crap ever since. Doubt I'll be doing one again.

Doubt you'll make it till next year!

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I might get another shot tomorrow to quell my fear.

Why not have a shot and a beer and call it a boilermaker?

#1578 4 years ago

The flu shot only protects you against the most common flu type from last season.

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I'm 61 years old, and this is the first year I've gotten one (my daughter had her baby 10 weeks premature and it was "Strongly Suggested" we get them). That was about a month ago and to be totally honest, I've felt like crap ever since. Doubt I'll be doing one again.

Sounds like you got the Don Lapre special.

#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The flu shot only protects you against the most common flu type from last season.

Nope.

“Scientists at each of the five main centers then gather and analyze the data together to identify new flu strains and to determine which strains of the virus are most likely to spread and cause illness in the upcoming flu season. Consultants from each center then meet twice each year.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-are-seasonal-flu-vaccines-made/

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like you got the Don Lapre special.

If only the ads had precautions like other drug ads!

#1582 4 years ago

Vaccines can cause injury...i will take the measles.

#1583 4 years ago

If only the ads had precautions like other drug ads!

If only vinyl would last forever.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

It can.

If you heed the precautions.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Vaccines can cause injury...i will take the measles

You'd not think that way if you could truly see the damage measles cause in other countries and even our own death rates here at home before the advent of a vac..

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently it's been around at least since the stone age.
queens of the stone age (resized).pngqueens of the stone age (resized).png

#1587 4 years ago

Interesting new episode of Star Talk up regarding vaccines.

"StarTalk Radio: “Vaccines – Let’s Make America Smart Again with Neil deGrasse Tyson.” Neil sits down with comic co-host Felicia Madison and friend of the show Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer Laurie Garrett to debunk disinformation and get straight to the facts about vaccines. As we watch the rise of anti-science movements, it’s important to set the record straight and what better way to do it than answer fan-submitted questions on the topic."

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Interesting new episode of Star Talk up regarding vaccines

Gosh, it’s been years since I caught an episode. Thanks for the link, lots of good thoughts and observations.

#1589 4 years ago
9D339AD0-BDDD-4779-BC08-CD49D8800C66 (resized).jpeg9D339AD0-BDDD-4779-BC08-CD49D8800C66 (resized).jpeg
#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

Lol. Conspiracy theorists can’t even meme.

#1591 4 years ago

more "safe and effective" https://abcn.ws/2Ok4a64

#1592 4 years ago

Luckily (or unluckily if you’re a crazy uncle type) this has to do with money not science.

“Western countries use a more expensive injectable polio vaccine that contains an inactivated virus incapable of causing polio.”

‘They’re just kids in Africa. Give em the live virus. Nobody will care!’

#1593 4 years ago

Luckily (or unluckily if you’re a crazy uncle type) this has to do with money not science.
“Western countries use a more expensive injectable polio vaccine that contains an inactivated virus incapable of causing polio.”

Who are this "Western countries" you speak of and why do you have this false belief? What is your dog in this hunt? Are you a pharma cash recipient of some type? You are the one that sounds most crazy uncleish. Your investment level seems inappropriate to most casual observers, I'm sure.

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

All this flu fear got me so scared I just went to my doctors to get a shot. Lol

I got 2 as I was fearful the first wasn't strong enough. Thank "goodness" for media marketing.

#1595 4 years ago

Ask Bill Gates:

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Interesting new episode of Star Talk up regarding vaccines.
"StarTalk Radio: “Vaccines – Let’s Make America Smart Again with Neil deGrasse Tyson.” Neil sits down with comic co-host Felicia Madison and friend of the show Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer Laurie Garrett to debunk disinformation and get straight to the facts about vaccines. As we watch the rise of anti-science movements, it’s important to set the record straight and what better way to do it than answer fan-submitted questions on the topic."

"Science" is replete with fraud and bought and paid for skewing of data.

Engineering on the other hand is fact and the real deal.

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

"Science" is replete with fraud and bought and paid for skewing of data.
Engineering on the other hand is fact and the real deal.

Lucky for me im an engineer.

I disagree with your statement though. Everything we know as fact in engineering was once a hypothesis/theory that was explored through the scientific method.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Who are this "Western countries" you speak of and why do you have this false belief? What is your dog in this hunt? Are you a pharma cash recipient of some type? You are the one that sounds most crazy uncleish. Your investment level seems inappropriate to most casual observers, I'm sure.

Oh my. You don't understand geography either.

Here you go my man: "The Western world, also known as the West, refers to various regions, nations and states, depending on the context, most often including at least parts of Europe, Australasia, and the Americas."

And that 'false belief' was noted in the article YOU posted.

You are honestly terrible at being a conspiracy theorist.

#bebest

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Ask Bill Gates:

Ah, you're gonna have to do better than a heavily edited and truncated video to gain top 'crazy uncle' honors this year at thanksgiving.

Have you considered mixing in some creationism to put you into the running?

Heavy competition here, step it up!!

#cavemenrodedinosaurs

#1600 4 years ago

Dr. Dave gets it. Science is a collection lofty claims backed up by generally fraudulent data and studies. It's often disproven over time and often financially driven to fit ulterior agendas.

Engineering, OTOH, proves itself through obvious success or failure often demonstrated by resulting life and death. The polio vaccine is an example of an engineered chemical that often causes polio and is therefore proven a failure to those who get polio from it. All the science in the world won't make those affected children whole. Does that make you feel good about yourself or is their sacrifice worth it to you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
1,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.