View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 50.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

WOW. If you had to use credit to buy pins, MAN have you done it (life) wrong. SMH
Either way, changing your utilization ratio for one month wouldn't dump your credit 20 points.

Just like all those dumbass rich guys that partner up with banks for commercial real estate/business investment. It's always stupid to use credit for anything. I'm just dumb and poor like that. Next time, I'll mail my cash.

For the rest of you that might be following along, I use credit for short term capital equipment and inventory purchases. Make of that what you will. My annual cost of credit is around 3.7%. My typical loan duration is 45 to 75 days. Just remember, it's good for giant rich companies to utilize credit instruments, but bad for you and me. I truly hope that no one else buying pinball machines ever uses credit.. never ever.

This isn't a hobby for me.

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Pics of wives, please.

Perhaps he'll even add some pumpkins to the scenery and make them thread-conforming: seasonal floozy shots.

#1454 4 years ago

Just when we all thought you couldn’t embarrass yourself anymore lol

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Then you should incorporate and stop letting ‘business decisions’ nosedive your credit.

#1456 4 years ago

Holy hell, Some people may casually say LMAO or LOL but they don't really mean it.
I read the latest posts and actually can't find my ass I laughed so hard. LMAO, LOL.

Some witty MOFO's on Pinside. (not to be confused with the angrymofos or the stupidmofos)

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Just like all those dumbass rich guys that partner up with banks for commercial real estate/business investment. It's always stupid to use credit for anything. I'm just dumb and poor like that. Next time, I'll mail my cash.
For the rest of you that might be following along, I use credit for short term capital equipment and inventory purchases. Make of that what you will. My annual cost of credit is around 3.7%. My typical loan duration is 45 to 75 days. Just remember, it's good for giant rich companies to utilize credit instruments, but bad for you and me. I truly hope that no one else buying pinball machines ever uses credit.. never ever.

Credit is fine. Especially on appreciating assets. Not so good on depreciating assets. You have good credit so kudos to you.

You do know that good credit and a "hot" wife doesn't make you an expert on the subjects discussed in this thread though right?

My oldest daughter has a credit score higher than you, has no wife, no FAA drone certificate, but has the common sense to know that she doesn't know S++T about self driving vehicles or the flu shots.

Keep crushing it and carry on.

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

One thing i can guarentee with absolute certainty....my penis is the cleanest thing in a public restroom. How many people have been taught to propetly wash/dry their hands anyways?

Sounds like your Penis isn't getting used properly. Wash your hands anyways. Nobody want's to shake hands with the guy that just fondled himself.

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

I read the latest posts and actually can't find my ass I laughed so hard. LMAO, LOL

Here's one that even has the appropriate avatar for some on here.

Laughing (resized).jpgLaughing (resized).jpg
#1461 4 years ago

I don't know what FICO scores have to do with flu shots, but here's mine:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1462 4 years ago

With a credit score like that, I can bet that you are most certainly an anti-vaxxer.

(At least that's what this thread is leading me to believe.)

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I don't know what FICO scores have to do with flu shots, but here's mine:[quoted image]

Not bad, but there's still room for improvement, check out mine:

FICO (resized).pngFICO (resized).png
#1464 4 years ago

Pffft.

omega_fico (resized).jpgomega_fico (resized).jpg
#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I get a flu shot (and vaccines) because I place more trust in science and doctors than random wackos on the internet, and also because I tend to not do stupid things when it comes to my health.

It is not a matter of "trusting some wackos on the internet". It is about using the information that is more readily available now than it ever was to your advantage. KNOW what you are eating and what you are being injected with or procedures you are having. In most cases it is required by law to list the ingredients of food and or medicine. Take the time to do a little research. When it comes to medicine you by all means are not going to understand every compound that makes it up but you will get an idea. Food on the other hand is a little easier. And trust me this is coming from a guy who just threw sh!t into my shopping cart and never read a label. I am also a person with a son who relies on modern medicine. So I am not some wacko one sided person. I am just very cautious and I do not blindly trust anyone. As the saying goes, just because I carry a hammer that doesn't make me a carpenter.

The sad reality is America is a big business opportunity to a lot of people. These people will knowingly kill you slowly to turn a profit and sleep just fine at night.

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

The sad reality is America is a big business opportunity to a lot of people. These people will knowingly kill you slowly to turn a profit and sleep just fine at night.

Yep. And junk science/conspiracy business is big business these days.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Pffft.[quoted image]

So sad sack used a fake fico site to try and impress pinheads?

Wow.

#1468 4 years ago

Yep. And junk science/conspiracy business is big business these days.

You are absolutely right. If you want to paint everyone who makes an educated decision that doesn't conform to what you do with the "you trust in junk science/ base decisions based on conspiracy business" then you have that right. I didn't post to sway anyone one way or the other. I am just saying to do your own research and make your own decisions based on that. Don't just blindly follow anyone whether that be a Dr. or otherwise. There is credible information out there.

#1469 4 years ago

Less credit scores, more wives.

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Less credit scores, more wives.

In this country, first you get the power, then you get the credit scores, then you get the women.

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Pffft.[quoted image]

15k by Christmas

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I am just saying to do your own research and make your own decisions based on that. Don't just blindly follow anyone whether that be a Dr. or otherwise. There is credible information out there.

Agreed. This CREDIBLE research can be found at the CDC, AMA and in peer reviewed medical journals.

#1473 4 years ago

These asshats in white lab coats couldn't even get what they are shooting into their patients correct but hey...they did have white lab coats on so should be absolutely trusted:

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) — Ten people at an Oklahoma care facility for people with intellectual disabilities were hospitalized after they were apparently accidentally injected with what's believed to be insulin rather than flu shots, authorities said.

Emergency responders were called Wednesday afternoon to the Jacquelyn House in Bartlesville, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) north of Tulsa, on a report of an unresponsive person and found "multiple unresponsive people," Bartlesville Police Chief Tracy Roles said.

The facility had contracted with an experienced pharmacist to administer the influenza vaccine, Roles said, but all received injections of what's believed to be insulin instead. Roles said the pharmacist is cooperating with police but that investigators believe it was an accident.

The eight residents and two staff members were taken to a Bartlesville hospital, and officials said that all have either been released or will be soon.

"I've never seen where there's been some sort of medical misadventure to this magnitude," Roles said. "It could have been worse. Not to downplay where we are, but thinking of where we could be, it certainly could have been very tragic."

#1474 4 years ago

I just opened this thread for the first time...
How expensive are these flu shots that everyone is forced to check their credit score to see if they qualify?

Maybe get a flu shot out of season. It isn't very effective, but it's a lot cheaper and there are no waiting lines.

#1475 4 years ago

I was denied a flu shot yesterday, they said my credit score was too low......
Would anybody be willing to co-sign for me?

#1476 4 years ago
79C69D9A-D117-4B54-8337-8D28079409F4 (resized).png79C69D9A-D117-4B54-8337-8D28079409F4 (resized).png
#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Would anybody be willing to co-sign for me?

Be careful, some of the people in this thread will need to see pics of your wife first. You know, to make sure you are worthy.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

In this country, first you get the power, then you get the credit scores, then you get the women.

"fly, pelicans"....man I love that movie...think I would buy the pin even if it was a box of lights...

#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And then I've been self-employed successfully for the last 20 years, have a great family, a beautiful wife and an 811/850 credit score.

Unless you also have a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, I'm not impressed.

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And then I've been self-employed successfully for the last 20 years....

Couldn't be that successful if you need to borrow money to buy pinball machines....

Back on topic: No, I did not (and will not) get a flu shot this year. I'm not against vaccines.... I understand statistics and calculated risk. The flu shot just doesn't make sense for me.

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Unless you also have a bulldog, two Porsches, a 70 inch 4k screen, I'm not impressed.

I remember that thread

#1483 4 years ago
deadpoolvaccine (resized).jpgdeadpoolvaccine (resized).jpg
#1484 4 years ago

Who makes these ridiculous graphics?

It's especially funny with Deadpool because marvel likes to poke fun at anti-vaxxers.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/18/deadpool-takes-on-anti-vaxxers-in-deadpool-annual-1-preview/

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Who makes these ridiculous graphics?

Sigma Bears have moved beyond traditional thought and communication, and converse mainly through crude graphics and reductive, farcical slogans.

Didn’t you read the pyramid?

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn’t you read the pyramid?

I couldn't get past the credit score captcha.

#1487 4 years ago

I think it's all in their name...…………...

#1488 4 years ago
6134277_0 (resized).jpg6134277_0 (resized).jpg
#1489 4 years ago

Lot's of interesting comments here on a number of topics. Personally I choose to trust the scientists and doctors that do actual research saying that the flu shot is not only safe but recommended. Also, I trust NASA's scientists and the people performing research that proves climate change is not only real but is negatively affecting the planet.

I remember reading that some people like to believe in conspiracy theories because it gives them a sense of control. A vast majority of people are not going to perform vaccine or climate change research so there will always be a group of people that thinks "that can't be true" or "no one will tell me what to do". The internet has connected conspiracy theorists and overtime it starts to become part of a larger discussion where people start to believe opinions over facts. That's scary.

#1490 4 years ago

Pro my body my choice more is more accurate this mock-up

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lot's of interesting comments here on a number of topics. Personally I choose to trust the scientists and doctors that do actual research saying that the flu shot is not only safe but recommended. Also, I trust NASA's scientists and the people performing research that proves climate change is not only real but is negatively affecting the planet.
I remember reading that some people like to believe in conspiracy theories because it gives them a sense of control. A vast majority of people are not going to perform vaccine or climate change research so there will always be a group of people that thinks "that can't be true" or "no one will tell me what to do". The internet has connected conspiracy theorists and overtime it starts to become part of a larger discussion where people start to believe opinions over facts. That's scary.

What's "scary" is the term "Conspiracy Theorist" was thrown out there by the CIA in the mid 60's when people weren't buying the official Kennedy assassination story...

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Pro my body my choice more is more accurate this mock-up

It is your choice.

Pretending otherwise is to be a drama queen.

Which is also, apparently, your choice.

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

[quoted image]

Oh no, he’s bringing out the big guns, crazy uncle memes!!!

Pass the stuffing!!!

#1494 4 years ago

Literally all infections you get will mutate. If your immune system and cells didn’t mutate as well to fight them, we’d all be dead. .

Quoted from Chicoman:

You are hilarious! Show me one! ONE DOUBLE BLIND PLACEBO CONTROLLED STUDY of the efficacy of any vaccines! THERE ARE NONE! You know how much education doctors get on vaccines? They get a sheet of paper that says here's the vaccines and this is when you typically give them to children. That's it! NO EDUCATION AT ALL. They are just told....oh vaccines yes everyone needs them and everyone should get them! HAVE A NICE DAY!
Vaccines are dangerous! Every vaccine not only contains mercury but Nagalase an enzyme that basically shuts your immune system off so your body will produce anti-bodies from the vaccine. In every cancer patient Nagalase levels in their blood is off the charts!
Also vaccines create anti-bodies by mutating with a person's DNA. Cancer is caused by MUTATION! There is nothing worse you can do than put a vaccine in your system.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Who makes these ridiculous graphics? It's especially funny with Deadpool because marvel likes to poke fun at anti-vaxxers.

Deadpool.JPGDeadpool.JPG
#1496 4 years ago

Just got my flu shot for the season last night!

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

You are hilarious! Show me one! ONE DOUBLE BLIND PLACEBO CONTROLLED STUDY of the efficacy of any vaccines! THERE ARE NONE! You know how much education doctors get on vaccines? They get a sheet of paper that says here's the vaccines and this is when you typically give them to children. That's it! NO EDUCATION AT ALL. They are just told....oh vaccines yes everyone needs them and everyone should get them! HAVE A NICE DAY!
Vaccines are dangerous! Every vaccine not only contains mercury but Nagalase an enzyme that basically shuts your immune system off so your body will produce anti-bodies from the vaccine. In every cancer patient Nagalase levels in their blood is off the charts!
Also vaccines create anti-bodies by mutating with a person's DNA. Cancer is caused by MUTATION! There is nothing worse you can do than put a vaccine in your system.

I felt this was a well written rebuttal.

http://www.skepticalob.com/2009/10/latest-argument-of-vaccine.html

#1498 4 years ago

I guess it should be safe to assume all you anti-vaxxers also support abortion?

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I guess it should be safe to assume all you anti-vaxxers also support abortion?

The anti-vax movement is fascinating because, unlike abortion and pretty much anything else you can think of in American life these days, it doesn't track cleanly with political POV. The two ultra-right-wing illuminati guys have had a lot to say recently about vaccine conspiracies, but there are also a number of conservative posters that get their flu shots every year. And there are plenty of hippies in San Francisco and Boulder, CO that are just as opposed to vaccinating as they are to tax cuts. It's a shame the US can't take this same "non-partisan" approach to other scientific challenges (like climate change).

#1500 4 years ago

It is your choice.
Pretending otherwise is to be a drama queen.
Which is also, apparently, your choice.

Better than pretending to be a know it all asshat. Which appears to be your choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

1,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.