View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

390 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 2 of 2.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Be honest though. You actually thought there was some conspiracy around flu advertisements.
Come on. You can admit it now. It’s over.

What? Do you not understand or can you not read plain English? I don't know how better to explain it. But one last time. If you don't get it this time, I don't know what to tell you, but don't bother asking again. I'll try to make it so even a person with an IQ less than 50 can understand.

Flu shot advertisements are just like any other bullshit they repeatedly try to convince people that they need.

They are no different to me than any other crap some idiot on TV thinks he can convince people they need even if the don't or won't be buying anyway.

Now that we have been over and over it, how about you giving it a rest, or are you really that obsessed?
3gfi1i (resized).jpg3gfi1i (resized).jpg

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

O-din just likes to troll, you are wasting your time. This is what he does in every thread.

Wolfmarsh just likes to think he is better and smarter than everybody else.

Have you lost any of that excessive weight yet? Bigger is not always better when it comes to one's health you know.

#1568 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm almost 50 pounds down! Been working hard!

Congrats! I at one time was sort of fat myself.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If we are comparing you and me, it's definitely true without a doubt.

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I'm 61 years old, and this is the first year I've gotten one (my daughter had her baby 10 weeks premature and it was "Strongly Suggested" we get them). That was about a month ago and to be totally honest, I've felt like crap ever since. Doubt I'll be doing one again.

Sounds like you got the Don Lapre special.

#1583 4 years ago

If only the ads had precautions like other drug ads!

If only vinyl would last forever.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1646 4 years ago

Well. I made it thru both a norovirus and e-coli scare without any ill affects, so having them stick that garbage in my arm, I think I'll again pass on this year.

1 week later
#1669 4 years ago

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I think Snoop has TOO much THC in his system to ever become infected....

I have more faith in what Snoop says than some pinside keyboard zealots.

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So your fact check website would be Snoops.com, then? Well documented high-side bias.

Great minds think alike.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I thought it was "great minds drink alike." Or "smoke alike" in this case.

I met Snoop at Disney's Ca. Adventure once. Him and his family got in the raft behind ours on Grizzly Rapids. Everybody was showing their love when they stopped the ride so they could get on.

When he got off, I knew the special door he would be coming out so I waited there with my daughter because she wanted to meet him. Sure enough, as he came out the door, I said "Hey Snoop, you're more popular than Mickey Mouse". Dude smiled and was totally cool.

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Are the anti-flu vaccine people here also against MMR?

Yes. I prefer originals over refakes any day.

Oh, and I love how those that don't get vaccines don't really give a shit if others do, but those that do seem so overly concerned about that those that don't.

Thank you so much for caring.

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

This is where they talk about heard immunity and how their child cant get them so its your fault .

If they have defective kids that's not my fault.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Your being selfish

I gave at the office.

#1710 4 years ago

i've had enough mountains to climb in my life to drag along others.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Not having a vaccine and not getting sick - if you really are not/never were vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) for example - you are just relying on those who have been vaccinated (on herd immunity) to stay healthy.

Seriously? Although I got those shots when I was younger, there is no way in hell I am relying on others that get flu vaccines or any other kind to stay healthy.

And those diseases didn't hit everybody, probably more those that weren't very healthy to begin with.

I take care of myself and am sure I am exposed to all kinds of bad shit every day, but still rarely get any kind of illness at all.

The day I'm counting on what others do to keep myself healthy is the day I start slamming triple quarter pounders every meal.

Relying on what others do to keep myself healthy. LOL.

I can't wait until they make a bad batch that wipes out half the population. Then we won't have to listen to these zealots trying to lay some guilt trip on us because they don't know how or aren't willing to take the steps to keep their own selves healthy.

#1897 4 years ago

I'm just happy that we can all agree that there are none that would have us take shots or medicines that a person had decided he or she would rather not.

#1900 4 years ago

Samoa seems to have a fairly dense population of 70 people for every square kilometer up from 20 in the 1950s. 1/5 of the population there died during the flu epidemic of 1918-1919.

Sad indeed, but in crowded, less than sanitary conditions especially in the tropics, mother nature will try to restore some balance and diseases will happen. Vaccinate for one, and something else is sure to do the same.

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You mean like La or San Francisco, was in San Fran recently and for the most part it was very akin to an open sewer; people actually pissing and shitting right on the sidewalks

Exactly, the world has gotten too crowded and is being sapped of all it's resources. Homelessness seems to be at an all time high, and sanitation and infrastructure has taken a turn for the worse.

Vaccinate all you want, but there will be no stopping mother nature when she unleashes her wrath. Flu, plague, whatever, it's only a matter of time. Nobody wants to be the one to go when it happens. But many will anyway.

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Plus you have the highest credit score

Noone's seen my credit score yet.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

My point was that the very conditions that breed these disease out breaks exist right here now in The USA and that is why vaccination is relevant to todays society. I keep hearing people say "at least here in the US" no my friend make no mistake you could be exposed on any street, in any country.

So true.

And although there are many speculations in this thread about why one's desire is to get one or not, and if we believe in science or not to me is all irrelevant.

IMO when it comes to science vs. nature, science doesn't stand a fighting chance. Although both could destroy the world in a matter of seconds.

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To prove that he scored genius-level on an IQ test. It's a Sigma Bear thing, you wouldn't understand.

I've got a credit score of over 150 and an IQ close to 900. They wanted to know all that last time I bought a car... with cash.

#1921 4 years ago

The only bad mark ever on my credit was back in the 1980s when you had to lease your home phone from AT+T. When I moved they told me I had two of their phones when I only had one.

After several phone calls they assured me it was cleared up, until the collection notice came. I told myself at the time I would never ever deal with them again, and for almost 30 years I didn't. It was forced upon me again when they took over from Pac Bell. Pleased to say nothing has changed with that company since then.

#1923 4 years ago

Disappointed in you Odin. Truly. You seem so much smarter.

Science has been holding its own against all types of diseases/nature for years. There are many illnesses today that are a memory due to science.

Sure, science has made great strides in medicine, but at the same time science is also responsible for all weapons of mass destruction, biological or otherwise. I can't and won't seperate the two. They are all a result of science.

You do know that the credit score comment was not directed toward you, right?

Sure, but I thought I might share that tidbit anyway.

#1926 4 years ago

I heard they are giving away free flu shots at San Onofre on Saturday. Injection isn't by needle but a small nuclear powered anal probe. Just signed you up.

I used to live by there and remember the sirens going off at 4:00 AM during a huge rainstorm. On that day I had a renewed faith in "science" .

#1930 4 years ago

Welp.
We've reached peak idiocy.
/thread

Yep, I must be an idiot for speaking the truth that does not fit your criteria or agenda.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

So, Gates, Buffet, scientists, and medical professionals are not to be believed/trusted

For every Buffet, there is always a Madoff. Lot of people trusted him, didn't they?

Not saying you can't trust all of them, actually that is what I'm saying.

You just don't always know which ones to trust, so I'd rather just trust myself.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has pinball gotten so bad that a thread on Pinside about vaccines is the hottest thread going?

No, Rick and Morty took care of that. This is just a sideshow. Like at a circus. With clowns.

Speaking of clowns, my straight A, honor student, fourth year of college daughter laughs at those that tell her she should get the shot.

Guess daddy, and perhaps mommy didn't raise no fool.

#1935 4 years ago

Thanks for making my point. Parents who don't vaccinate are likely to have kids who don't vaccinate.

You have no point. We all got our shots when we were children.

But we don't get them on a yearly basis for something minor like the flu.

And the more somebody else tells us we should, the more we think they ought to mind their own fucking business.

#1939 4 years ago

OK pinfactory 2000, I'll play.

Do you own or drive a car? Do you have more than one? Do you put a lot of miles on it? Do any of your family members?

Well, I sure hope not as almost 1.5 million people die in car accidents every year as opposed to about 50,000 from the flu.

I sure as hell hope you aren't one of those out there puttng any of the population at risk. That would almost be hypocritical on your part, now wouldn't it?

*my agenda being rational thought backed up with actual science is good.

More like your agenda seems to be you're right and everybody else that doesn't see it your way is wrong.

I retract my original statement. New peak met.

People keep saying college kids arent to be trusted these days...

Generalize much?

Whatever your beliefs you are trying to force down other people's throats, I don't believe you are helping your cause.

#1941 4 years ago

Only if I demanded my kids didnt wear seatbelts (cuz science doesn’t understand physics like I do!) and I drove on the wrong side of the road (cuz nobody can tell me what to do and greater good is for sissies!!).

Using your flu shot logic, it's the others out there that life's in danger everytime you get behind the wheel.

But you mean to tell me you actually take the risk of hurting somebody else each time you leave the driveway, when it would be much safer for everybody if you did not drive at all? I mean that's all you have to do to reduce the risk, just stop driving.

In other words, people that live in glass houses should at least stop to think, if they can, before they throw stones.

Strike two and three, you're out!

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

not sure you are now worried about getting influenza.

I never have been.

And not really a worry, but the thought of how many more holier than thou zealots in the world there are now that can't mind their own business, and would rather tell others what they should or should not do, and twist all kinds of logic around to fit their spiel, is just one more thing to avoid.

I'd take a good dose of the flu than deal with or listen to any more of them than I have to.

#1944 4 years ago

Cue up the why do we have to deal with so many people that don't believe in science spiel. lol.

Oh it exists alright. Making the world a better and safer place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_warfare

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's some strange logic. You literally use and enjoy science almost every second of your life. You are using it to screw around on pinside right now. But in the next breath it's nothing but warfare and murder.

I never said I denied science exists. And I'm sure not many do.

That's why for the life of me, I can't understand why some are using that as basically a strawman argument in this thread.

"You don't believe in science" lol.

But hey, if you are going to push science is always right and the answer to everything, I got news for you. It is not.

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I never said any of those things.

I didn't say you did.

However, it has been used many times by several in this thread supposedly as a win response to those that do their own research and make their own adult descisions instead of letting someone else make them for them.

#1950 4 years ago

It started out as a simple yes or no question. Or so many of us thought. Little did we know there would be some hellish demons to be fought.

6fec59356469839a2c975f5e4953c418c520c30b (resized).jpg6fec59356469839a2c975f5e4953c418c520c30b (resized).jpg
#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:Don't give a shit if you get the flu shot or not.

As long as we all can agree on that, I'm good.

As far as the others I got the mumps vaccine and got them anyway. No big deal, I got to stay home from school and watch Captain Kangaroo.

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Why did Mr. Green jeans always wear blue?

Perhaps he was too busy dodging ping pong balls falling from the sky care of some moose to notice?

Quoted from RWH:

I need your blood sir.

You get Blenderhead's blood, prepare yourself for skateboarding and the midnight munchies.

Glad were still friends.

Of course!

#1981 4 years ago

You are terrible at this LOL
Risk is inevitable. Minimizing risks is the topic of discussion. To that end...I purchase cars with all sorts of accident avoidance features including pedestrian detection.
Same thing with my health. I do things to ensure I'm safe and do what I can to keep others safe (wash my hands, get a flu shot, cover my cough etc)

You are even worse at this.

If minimizing risks is the topic of discussion, then why do you even take the risk of getting behind the wheel when 1.5 million people die that way every year? And even more get maimed.

And just out of curiosity how many miles do you and your family drive each year?

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

one thing is clear in this thread. Those opposed to the flu shot are not influenced by academic prowess.

Quoted from ZNET:

Those super intelligent persons are rejecting the advice of the scientists who have actually studied the flu shot issue.

Quoted from jgentry:

There are too many dumb asses walking around coughing all over everything.

Like the super intelligent ones that say " I got my flu shot but got sick anyway, but at least I'm not contagious"

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They are every bit as intelligent as the ones that claim the flu shot gave them the flu.

Perhaps the shot they got didn't work?

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It most cases the shot worked perfectly and they never contracted the strain of flu that they were vaccinated for. Some people are dead serious about thinking the flu shot gave them the flu though.

I work with the public and have heard too many times they got the shot but got sick anyway.

Nothing like having a false sense of security and going out and spreading that shit around anyway.

#1988 4 years ago

I'm just going to say what I think.

Unlike MMR, there are too many strains of the flu and that kind of virus is always mutating, so they will never be able to eradicate it.

Gat a shot if you like, or don't if you don't. Plain and simple. I don't see the point in debating that. Some people are healthier than others and take care of themselves so they have strong immune systems. For those that don't, perhaps science can save them.

#1991 4 years ago

Point is? I never told anybody that wanted one they should not, but there sure have been a lot of others that do that tell others they should.

As long as that is the spiel, this thread will never end.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Have any of you guys checked out www.yourteamcheats.com?

Not lately, but I have checked out onethousandreasonstogetaflushotandyouareadumbassifyoudont.com

#1996 4 years ago

Your comparison would ONLY make sense if I got the flu shot AND never left my house for fear of being introduced to the live virus.
This was your last chance and you blew it! Bummer!!!

I'm going to clarify what I meant before I go do more important things today.

My statements were in regards to putting others at risk, not you. There are those that insist by not getting the shot you are putting others at risk just like every time you get behind the wheel of your car.

If you are only concerned about yourself, then we misunderstood each other.

#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The issue is when that younger person gives the flu to granny who dies from it.

Apparently my mom, a 97 year old granny, never faced that. She doesn't take flu shots anymore either after one put her in the hospital 10 years ago. Or perhaps it was just a coincidence she got deathly ill shortly after the shot.

Quoted from ZNET:

If they were, they would be abiding by the advice of the CDC, whose research recommends the shot. Advanced academic degrees in microbiology and infectious disease....

CDC- "Yes, we are accomplished and educated, and have made sure what we recommend is safe and the FDA has also approved it. But in regards to that Xaralto that caused your grandmother's death, and the hernia mesh that has caused you major problems, be sure to direct your lawsuits at the companies that made them, not us or the FDA"

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Now that we’ve found the rub, will a kindly Patriots fan please point us to the tug so we can complete this thread’s merger with the NFL thread?

Apparently the Patriots lost the last two games because of the flu. They should have all got vaccinated. Or did they...

#2008 4 years ago

Just because your particular mom never got the flu at an advanced age doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's anecdotal evidence and not worth anything in population statistics.

Perhaps it was a reaction to something else in the shot, who knows. And we don't care about population statistics. Only what works for us. At least we have enough intelligence to make our own decisions. I'm sure there will be someone that says we are stupid for doing that.

#2010 4 years ago

Population statistics are what you should care about if you ask what your risk is for a certain disease.

Most of the population I see on a daily basis is obese and very unhealthy looking. I'm not going to base anything I do on statistics that they are a major part of.

#2022 4 years ago

#cosmokramermusthaveknownwhathewasdoingwhenhestartedthisdumpsterfire.com

#2026 4 years ago

#whenyougetbehindthewheelyouarealwaysputtingsomeoneatrisk.com

#lameexcusesdontmatter.com

#onethousandreasonstogetaflushotandyouareadumbassifyoudont.com

#yourteamcheats.com

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

And those same technologies could be hacked, let’s say by a really techno nerdy pinsider you pissed off, and he could run you off the road and into a tree from his cel phone while watching Rick and Morty...

It doesn't even take that. You could be in the middle of a major accident that's not even your fault, and just because your vehicle is there, it could cause several deaths regardless.

For those that are so concerned about putting others at risk, JUST STOP DRIVING!!!

#2033 4 years ago

To practice what I preach, I will not be putting any lives at risk by getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle to go get a flu shot.

#doyourpart.com

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

But will you put them at risk to get your favorite hot dog or burger.

I only use my car for important things.

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I respect your right to get a Flu shot or not.

Thanks, but please don't respect my right to drink a half a bottle of Jack Daniels without eating dinner ever again. Please.

#2042 4 years ago

Next year I might get a flu shot to wipe out the shit I got last year.

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Now he had Crohns & maybe he didn't seek help quick enough, I don't know.
#yourteamcheats

Sorry to hear that, but perhaps he took the expert's advice and got the flu shot recommended for those with Crohns. Or misunderstood the recommendations.

"it contains the live forms of modified flu virus"

https://www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/news/the-flu-vaccine-and-ibd

#2053 4 years ago

Honestly what concerns me a bit is this influx of ankle biting mosquitos from South America that appeared last year. Oh the price of having fresh produce year round.

Anyway you can't see them and they are ruthless. I kept them at bay this last summer with candles, but the year before they tore my lower legs up. This variety is known to carry Dengue fever virus although no cases reported here.

I guess just another good reason to keep the old immune system strong. My bosses daughter contracted west nile and it took a year for them to figure it out and it put a perfectly healthy teenager into a wheel chair. She walks with a cane now. They are fairly convinced she got it while visiting the Chicago area.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Malaria is transmitted through mosquitoes bites and is not contagious.

That was point earlier about dengue fever and west nile. Mosquitos go straight for the bloodstream. If your immune system isn't up to the task, look out

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

With the exception of West Nile the other two are primarily tropical or subtropical and are as dissimilar to polio as it gets.....no comparison.

West Nile is bad shit once it takes hold, I've seen it first hand. It's crippling. And even with our normally dry climate, it gets pretty tropical here some summers with lots of mosquitos even more now. Not trying to compare any to polio, but this is a current and real danger.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Bad information summary. The article says don't take the nasal vaccine if you are a kid, bc it contains live forms of flu virus. They recommend the shot bc there are no live virus in the shot.

No that was a good information summary. I may not have presented it that way though.

On one point they recommended someone with Crohns get a flu shot and if he did he got the flu anyway.

The other piece of information which I highlighted is that some forms of the vaccine contain live virus, which I believe some here has said it does not.

If the article itself is in error, I did not write it.

#2065 4 years ago

What does it matter if it contains "live virus" anyway?

Maybe just as effective as that live virus those mosquitos inject.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If your immune system is bad ass, a snort of live virus is all it needs to stay in fighting shape.

A few snorts of whisky seems to work for me.

3 weeks later
#2170 4 years ago

Another worst flu season in decades that I will be sitting out.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

If it's hitting healthy kids, imagine what it will do to overweight, out of shape, smoking adults!

I think the modern definition of "healthy kids" doesn't mean what it used to.

#2175 4 years ago

I'm sure if it will help pad their statistics and fit their agenda, the CDC would consider these "normally healthy kids", if they were to not get a flu shot and then get sick.
shutterstock148110578 (resized).jpgshutterstock148110578 (resized).jpg

#2183 4 years ago

This thread be like-

#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronkz650:

Only people I know that get the flu had the shot. I won't do it.

Think-of-the-Children-820x410 (resized).jpgThink-of-the-Children-820x410 (resized).jpg

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You can see the flu virus now?

It's actually almost invisible. Like the chances of a strong healthy person getting sick from it or getting a shot to prevent it.

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It’s estimated to vary between 5-20% chance of contracting flu based on population and varying severity of seasonal virus.

Taking those numbers and generously saying 10% of the population is strong and healthy, of which even fewer will get sick, then the odds are slim to none.

#2193 4 years ago

Gotcha. Statistical numbers include the strong and healthy with the sickly, and they are all equally percentagewise going to get sick.

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So I don't know that o-din, as a superior physical specimen, is any less likely to contract the flu.

I have several habits that say I might not be. But seeing what other samplings of the human race look like on a daily basis, I feel pretty solid at age 57. Plus years of experience tell me how to avoid getting sick even with my daily contact with the human race.

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And I’ve had the complete opposite from your experience so who’s right?

It's whatever's right for you or any other individual.

Nobody should be making their own decisions based on somebody elses preaching.

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Does anyone have access to exactly what IS in the vaccine?

Supposedly at least some chicken egg product.

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You must have been popular in Sunday school!

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg
#2207 4 years ago

As been stated in this thread several times, you could get a flu shot and have a false sense of security and still be contageous with it or another strain and have have ZERO symptoms. Great right? Well, for YOU, but you are still contagious. You could spread the shit all over potentially killing people, all the while you appear strong and healthy!

#2209 4 years ago

Ooooo, the Big Hunk!

#2211 4 years ago
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).pngOprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png
#2215 4 years ago
3loguy (resized).jpg3loguy (resized).jpg
#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

That has to be one of the most-ridiculous excuses for not getting vaccinated that I've heard in a while.

That wasn't really an excuse for not getting one.

It was more pointing out how ridiculous those are that are trying to lay some guilt trip on those that don't, as many think that once they get the shot, they are immune to getting anybody else sick.

They could already be infected, and at that point even with the shot, they are as contagious as anybody else.

Or they could be carrying another strain, but because they got a shot, they feel high and mighty that their whoever was certainly infected by somebody that didn't get one.

My reason for not getting one, is that I don't need or want one.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Stating facts and science and statistics is not β€œguilt tripping”..

Stating facts or science as you believe it is not guilt tripping.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

You could spread the shit all over potentially killing people

When even if you get the shot, you could do the same, is.

In fact, it's a little more than that.

#2223 4 years ago

Do you drive a car? If so, how many miles in a year?

Did you drive a car to get your last flu shot?

#2224 4 years ago

Did you know it is a scientific fact that every time you get behind the wheel that increases your chances of causing somebody else's death or harm in a vehicular accident?

Did you know that it is also a scientific fact that by not getting behind the wheel, that almost eliminates the risk of you contributing to the cause of a vehicular accident and it also helps the environment in ways that can also not lead to someone else's harm or death?

Just the facts, the scientific facts.

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

The guy who didn't get sick. duh..

Do you have any scientific basis to back that up?

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No, but I can put on a white lab coat if that will make you believe me. It seems to work for many.

I'll bring the rats.

#2231 4 years ago

All I want to know is how many rats have died in the name of science.

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Back to flu season!

I almost forgot it was flu season.

Can't that wait until football season is officially over?

#2253 4 years ago

Very sad.

Should we blame the parents or doctor on this one too? Or is it science fiction?

#2256 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

he was vaccinated.

#2261 4 years ago

So far this is what I have learned from this thread.

Some use what intelligence they have and listen to what some so called experts say and choose to get vaccinated.

Others use what common sense they have, and go by their own experiences and choose to either get one or not.

And with others, if you are not making the same choice they are, you are an inconsiderate idiot.

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Fuck sticks...facts and science
Fuck sticks....facts and science
It really is hard to figure out what to believe.

Not that hard.

I believe science is responsible for bombs that can blow up the world. Science is also responsible for what creates greenhouse gasses so many are concerned about today. Science is also responsible for those colorful dyes and chemicals with long names that show up on food labels.

Science is also responsible for the vaccines, of that there can be no doubt.

What scientific creations one chooses not to use in regards to his or her own well being does not mean they are denying the science exists. It might be more in regards to how little one would like to rely on science and all their medicines and chemicals to stay healthy.

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right on.
Instead of picking a health care β€œplan”, pick a health care Era. For example:
Life expectancy at birth in years:
1900 world average 31
1950 world average 48
2017 world average 72.2

Well, mom was born in 1922 when I believe Harding was president, and according to your chart she should have been gone sometime in the 1960s, but miraculously is still with us today without getting the shot for more than at least the last ten years. Her choice what to and not to put in her body.

Other factors beyond medicine such as handling of water, waste, and food has greatly contributed to people living longer. We haven't had a bacterial plague wipe out large portions of the population in some time.

#2281 4 years ago

A problem that has arisen from the longer lifespans people do have now is the rapid increase in world population which is sapping it's resources and dirtying up the planet to no end.

There will come a time when it can take no more, and those longer lifespans and world population will do an about face, no matter what science tries to do because it will be too late.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dude, Musk has it covered. No worries.

Lol on that!

I don't need to say it but with all the advances in science and technology over the last century starting with the industrial revolution, it has been slowly destroying this planet. Look no further than the oceans where all the waste, trash, and other scientific runoff has found it's way. I could go on and on, but with almost every advancement, there are consequences that most will do nothing about until it is too late.

#2284 4 years ago

News says people are getting hit hard with the flu. Tents set up outside hospitals to handle the overflow. All I can say is do what you gotta do. Or did what you gotta did. And hope you feel better soon.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Guys - I think SadSack and o-din are starting to see the light, just a few more facts and they will get vaccinated! Go for it!

Yeah man!

Just like all the hype from people that know more than I convinced me to invest in one of these.

#2304 4 years ago

I could have also invested in New Coke and Betamax at the advice of others.

So yeah, I'm just going to scurry on down to Walmart and get that shot now.

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Cant believe you fell for the Yugo but not the flu shot!

I was just kidding. lol. I didn't buy that junk just like I won't let them shoot that junk into my body.

I see all kinds of seemingly brainwashed people buying into shit just because they see an ad on TV or someone else tells them they should. Or four out of five doctors recommend it. lol. Or even caving into peer pressure to become one with some herd.

I like to think of myself as more intelligent than that and having a mind of my own and able to decide what's best for me. Sure when I was a punk kid I did some stupid shit that others did. But I think I might be a little wiser now. Perhaps.

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Anyone who still refuses to get the flu shot with all the knowledge we have today about vaccination effectiveness and safety is clueless.

More insults

Hahaha

Yeah, that's going to work!

Quoted from Davidus56:

But heck, who am I to argue with Darwin. Take them out of the gene pool.

Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpgCharles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I think people who refuse the flu shot, who then get the flu, should be quarantined at home.

So what would you do with those that get the shot and get sick anyway, and go out and spread it around.

Give them a medal or trophy?

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I haven’t read the entire thread. I take it you’re an antivaxxer?

No I'm an anti someone trying to tell others what to do and lay some guilt trip on them for not making the same choice they do.

And using insults and other tactics to prove they are right.

Thread title is "Do you get a seasonal flu shot?"

Not "Tell us why someone is clueless or an inconsiderate idiot if they don't"

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:You are clearly too stupid to benefit from facts.

And you've just shown you are a genius with people skills that most will want to believe or listen to. Just kidding.

I won't be watching that video with the bald dude or taking anything you say seriously.

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Shot does not/cannot cause the flu. Maybe get a degree in medicine/immunology and then you can opine an informed opinion.

So, are you saying if one gets the shot there is absolute no way in hell they can get the flu, even perhaps another strain?

#2318 4 years ago

Some of these guys on the flu shot brigade sure take themselves seriously.

#2320 4 years ago

I don't know what it is Sad Sack, but his whole spiel is like the desperation we've been seeing throughout this thread.

They sound like they are so fearful they are going to die, they want to use guys like us as scapegoats or something for their own weakness to disease.

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Hey quick question...
Why is this thread on Pinside?

It fits the mold

#2344 4 years ago

It's funny. We were watching the news last night and they said if you have the flu and are feeling dehydrated be sure to contact your doctor.

How bout if you are dehydrated, start drinking some water. lol.

Then there is the cure for the flu- get plenty of rest and drink plenty of liquids. What would be wrong with doing that beforehand so you don't get sick in the first place?

#2347 4 years ago

I don't plan on getting the flu this year so I feel the shot or any other man made chemical remedy is toxins I don't need in my body.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

People who refuse immunizations, fine. But that person should sign a legal, enforceable contract agreeing to stay home if they contract the disease.

And the people that get the shot but get sick anyway and go out and spread it around should be condemned to a place like Devil's Island?

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You could have it and be contagious right now. You don’t have to have symptoms.

Same could be said for someone who took the shot. Apparently it works on one strain, but not another.

I'm proactive and do what it takes to stay healthy and fight off germs as they come my way. I'll take that over someone who doesn't and then goes out in public with a false sense of security because they got the shot.

I see it all the time "I got the shot but got sick anyway" "Well gee, thanks for sharing that with me"

#2361 4 years ago

True story-

A guy comes into my work.

"How are you doing sir?"

"Not too good. I'm sick and took the day off from work but thought it would be a good day to get my smog test"

"Yeah, you don't look so good. Thanks for sharing that with me"

"Don't worry, I got a flu shot last week so I'm not contagious"

Who's the dummy now?

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Don't worry, I got a flu shot last week so I'm not contagious"

Ignorance is bliss

#2375 4 years ago

It comforts me to know that a person like this has more right to be out in public than one who did not get a shot.
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

https://www.verywellhealth.com/why-did-i-get-sick-after-a-flu-shot-770535

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Once you have the flu it doesn’t matter if you got vaccinated, you should still stay home.

Sure, but you could still be contagious before symptoms show up.

So what gives a person who got a shot any more right to be out in public than a healthy person who does not?

#2379 4 years ago
3mbi8o (resized).jpg3mbi8o (resized).jpg
#2383 4 years ago

I asked my friend that came over last night if he gets a flu shot. He said no way!

I then asked how come neither of us ever seem to get sick?

He said probably because we don't get the shot. lol.

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I purposefully lick door handles to keep my immune system in tip top shape.

I deal with the sickly got a flu shot public day after day to keep my immunity to the disease up.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Like reading a textbook on how to conduct a scientific experiment. Perfect, as always.

It was good for a laugh anyway.

Like those that get the shot and believe there is no chance they can pass the flu onto someone else.

#2390 4 years ago
3mbp20 (resized).jpg3mbp20 (resized).jpg
#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Ever notice the pro vaxxers seem to think alike?

I never noticed them at all until they showed up in this thread.

#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

humans will most likely go down in history as the first species to be responsible for a mass extinction on this planet.

Between overpopulation and scientists meddling with things in their laboratories, it will most likely be their own.

#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not a chance. Sharks.

Let's just hope those that would impose their will on others using scientific jargon and guilt tactics will be swimming in mass on the day that begins.

#2403 4 years ago

Sharks gotta eat too. It's called the food chain.

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The more we allow the government to think for us , the less we the people have.

Worse yet, we let other pinsiders start thinking for us.

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, conspiracy theories are crazy! I dare you to name one that was ever found to be true

Certainly not the conspiracy that everybody should get a flu shot.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

They noted the strain and it matched his vaccine. She was told his symptoms would have been much more severe had he not had it.

Sooo, the shot doesn't even stop what it is supposed to?

I'm surprised they even checked to see what strain he contracted. And didn't just prescribe antibiotics like the medical profession usually does with viral infections. Although they only work on bacterial infections.

Earlier in this this thread, a Dr. said they don't usually have the time or resources to determine what a person is actually sick from.

But in his case, the shot allowed him to be out in public until he actually started showing symptons, as supported by the flu vax communtity.

#2421 4 years ago

People will die from the flu, but only a fraction compared to those that will die in automobile accidents.

Some might actually die from getting a shot, or get sick and die even with a shot, and others you can be sure some will say it is only because they did not get a shot.

#2423 4 years ago

Again, Nope

"Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day"

https://www.asirt.org/safe-travel/road-safety-facts/

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You are using GLOBAL car crash deaths

Yes. And my statement was "People" not "People in the US"

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You should circumnavigate the globe in your car with the flu and see what happens.

Don't just take the highest year to come to your conclusion, compare your average yearly flu deaths to car deaths in the US and see which is more.

I will admit it comes pretty close one way or the other, but originally was talking worldwide.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Here’s an analogy the antivaxxers might understand. Assume you have a revolver with 20 chambers. If you get the flu shot, then you play Russian roulette with only 1 round chambered. If you don’t get the flu shot you play with 10 rounds chambered.

Here's a more realistic analogy.

Assume a group of 10 pro flu vaxxers show up to to force someone who doesn't want a shot to get one. And he has a gun with 6 bullets in the chamber. He will decide which of the 4 are the weakest and take them out with his bare hands faster than he has time to reload.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

But I’m sure the flu shot has altered my brain. It has clearly made me less tolerant of ignorance.

They have all kinds of other medications to help alter whatever's wrong in your head.

You ever try Zanux?

#2439 4 years ago

I drive less than 3000 miles a year, and have never got a flu shot, so I am at super low risk of being hurt by either.

#2443 4 years ago

So wait, you won't take US flu statistics because you say the US population is not representative of you individually but you take a worldwide automobile accident statistic because you think it helps your point? Makes no sense.

All I said is more people will die in car accidents than from the flu. I didn't use some secret code.

This thread is like a car crash. .

More like a..

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gifSpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
#2445 4 years ago

Right but your statement is only true if you use world wide statistics.

Right. There are only people in the US and nowhere else in the world.

You just aren’t making a logical point here.

No, you aren't.

#2448 4 years ago

You think the worldwide population is a better comparator group for you than the US population? Ok...

Apparently more people are likely to die from the flu in the US where more are vaccinated than in car accidents, and more people die in car accidents than the flu in third world countries where they are not as heavily vaccinated.

There, is that what you wanted to hear?

#2450 4 years ago

I’m just pointing out that you are cherry picking statistics based on whatever supports your point of view.

You are reading way too much into this. I just googled how many people die in car accidents every year and came up with this.

"Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day."

But it's nice you helped us realize more people are likely to die from the flu in a heavily vaccinated population like the US.

#2452 4 years ago

That’s your problem.

I'll use Yahoo next time.

#2453 4 years ago

So what I've learned today is the more people there are getting vaccinated for the flu in the USA, the more people there are getting the flu and dying from it.

And it would be safer to drive my car with the windows up as I pass by any vaccination station.

#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Just stay away from my 3 cats.

And if you recently got a flu shot, stay off of my lawn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
390 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/2?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.