View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 50.
#51 6 years ago

I do not and would not get a flu shot but im not going to go into detail why and im not going to argue about it either, but no thanks i will pass on flu shots.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you just rode out that case of the clap, penicillin free?

No, but I'm still waiting for that case of syphilis I think I picked up when I was 19 to kick in.

#53 6 years ago

There is mercury in vaccines... no thanks.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

We get it man, your against vaccines and no one will change your mind. Move on.

I just want someone's logical explanation who is pro vaccine to explain why they think it's perfect safe to inject a substance that is completely toxic, cancer causing and a neuro-toxin to the touch perfectly ok to inject into your body and not suffer similar or worse effects from this substance? This is the equivalent of saying.....It's dangerous to eat a Tide Pod and you could die....but it's perfectly ok to inject it into your body! TRUST ME I'm A DOCTOR!

Give me a logical explanation! I'm a reasonable person....just give me a logical explanation why you feel it's perfectly ok to do that?

The Hippocratic Oath says if a doctor can do no good they certainly must do no harm "I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

#55 6 years ago

I do not get the flu shot anymore as the last time I got one I came down with a mild flu after the shot. The other thing I have come to understand is that it’s a best guess on what strain they vaccinate against, so the shot they give may not even cover the strain of flu that breaks out.

#56 6 years ago

Hell no. That's how they track you... *shifty eyes*

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

The same people that tell you to take vaccines will also tell you it is safe to fill your teeth with mercury.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The same people that tell you to take vaccines will also tell you it is safe to fill your teeth with mercury.

And that the fluoride in tap water is good for me.

#59 6 years ago

9370EBC9-837F-4779-9D1A-5C8ADE87E2EA (resized).png9370EBC9-837F-4779-9D1A-5C8ADE87E2EA (resized).png

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, but I'm still waiting for that case of syphilis I think I picked up when I was 19 to kick in.

14_ fred (resized).png14_ fred (resized).png
You might learn a thing or two from Fred "The Dwarf" Dorfman. He wasn't ashamed to admit to me that he had syphilis. Thank God he stopped it in its tracks. It takes a lot for a man to admit where he got it from and how he got it.

Quoted from o-din:

Just pry 'em out with a jack-knife, like my neighbor used to do. He proudly never visited a dentist in his life, and boy could you tell.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

There's mercury in your food also, and in your soil, and in your water, and in your air. Better stop eating, drinking, and breathing.

Quoted from Chicoman:

I just want someone's logical explanation who is pro vaccine to explain why they think it's perfect safe to inject a substance that is completely toxic, cancer causing and a neuro-toxin to the touch perfectly ok to inject into your body and not suffer similar or worse effects from this substance? This is the equivalent of saying.....It's dangerous to eat a Tide Pod and you could die....but it's perfectly ok to inject it into your body! TRUST ME I'm A DOCTOR!
Give me a logical explanation! I'm a reasonable person....just give me a logical explanation why you feel it's perfectly ok to do that?
The Hippocratic Oath says if a doctor can do no good they certainly must do no harm "I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

Maybe it's because Dr's know more about medicine then you? Maybe they have also seen their patients die of the Flu and do not want to see that happen again. Or maybe you are the medical expert. If you do not trust your Dr. then you need to find a new one. Vaccines are not perfect but they have saved millions of lives. There can be reactions to them but the positives outweigh the negatives a million fold. If you are not willing to open your eyes to that then I do not know what to tell you. Dr's prescribe poison to patients every day. It's because that poison will keep that patient alive longer or gives them a chance at a longer, healthier life.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Do yourself a favor and Google images on the effects of PREVENTABLE DISEASES vaccines cure, then come back to us. Another guy is worried about trace amounts of mercury in vaccines?? Whelp, hope you never ate fish in your ENTIRE life time...

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

And that the fluoride in tap water is good for me.

Precious Bodily Fluids

StrangeLove (resized).pngStrangeLove (resized).png

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Do yourself a favor and Google images on the effects of PREVENTABLE DISEASES vaccines cure, then come back to us. Another guy is worried about trace amounts of mercury in vaccines?? Whelp, hope you never ate fish in your ENTIRE life time...

I have never eaten fish in my entire lifetime. Unless my girlfriends from high school count... Sorry to offend you by not wanting to add mercury to my body. I’ll go get a flu shot so I can be like you weaklings who get sick and run to the Dr.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

The logical explanation is that you have all the answers. Move on

#66 6 years ago

Can we start a poll?

1) I am pro-vaccination and have common sense
2) I am anti-vaccination and live in a hippy state governed by Jenny McCarthy

#67 6 years ago

Can we start a poll?
1) I am pro-vaccination and do everything the nanny-state tells me to and have loads of common sense given to me by CNN.
2) I am anti-vaccination and live in a hippy state governed by Jenny McCarthy

Hell no. That's how they track you... *shifty eyes*

No silly, that’s what cell phones are for. Much easier.

#68 6 years ago

Yes, have had the flu only twice. Once without it and once with it. But that was back in the 80's. Plus mine are free as my health insurance picks up the cost.

#69 6 years ago

always

never used too til I ended up in the hospital 2xs over 8 hours each time and bedridden for 2 weeks

every year now

#70 6 years ago

Can a flu shot affect you ability to spell words like "seasonal" correctly?

#71 6 years ago

My work gives them for free so I always get one. I've never had anything but a sore arm afterwards.

#72 6 years ago

One thing you may want to do is get your Vit D levels checked. It is a theory that this is the reason why winter is more aggressive with contamination.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

while I'm healthy now and it likely wouldn't kill me,

I thought *exactly* the same about a month ago, until I got the flu. It was really, really bad.
Vaccination for me next year, no doubt!

#74 6 years ago

Here was my turning point this year -

I've always said no to the flu shot.
This year I got the flu - I went straight to the doctor to ask for a shot to make me better.
I realized how hypocritical I had been. No shots! But, now give me one to make me feel better.

I know it's not a guarantee, but if it swings the odds in my favor, I want it. I don't ever want to feel as bad as I did this year.

I'd like to know what the stats are on those that have died this year - how many did and didn't get their shot.

#75 6 years ago

I usually get it if I remember, which is about once every three years.

This year I got it bad, lasted around two weeks. It was horrendous. I'll get one every year from now on.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Every year the Flu strain is different..and the flu shot is only designed to prevent one. The percentage of effectiveness is low. I believe this year was 10% effective. It’s like buying extended service agreement for a new appliance....it might come in handy if something happens. But what are the chances of something happening in the warranty period? No flu shot for me. Build natural tolerances.

Wouldn’t you get the extended appliance warranty if it was free or at worst case $10? I never got the flu shot, then I had kids and we all got the flu right after Christmas. I have gotten the shit ever since. This year I have felt ill a couple of times and I believe I didn’t get full blow flu symptoms because of the flu shot. The only one to get the flu in my house this year was my wife and she didn’t get the shot.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

My work gives them for free so I always get one. I've never had anything but a sore arm afterwards.

So you take a vaccine just because its free??? Lol......WOOOOOOOOOW JUST WOW!! I dont even know what to say.

#78 6 years ago

People get locked into their positions. It's difficult to convince them that reality does not conform to their accepted beliefs. There's good research suggesting that providing people with objectively untenable positions the mountains of evidence that refutes their views only serves to reinforce them, and that they'll simply cherry-pick evidence or change the terms of the debate if reality threatens their world view.

Our (collective) understanding of the world is advancing geometrically beyond the capacity of any one person to understand it all, and we've still got brains that evolved primarily to hunt, gather, and manage social dynamics only in small communities of a couple of hundred people. Overclock the processor for peak performance and you may also get unexpected or undesirable results.

I'll admit that I'm not a scientist and I've done zero work with vaccines, I don't really know from my own research or experience that they don't cause autism or the bubonic plague for that matter. So you could say that I chose to "believe" or "have faith in" science. But I'll tend to listen to the folks that eradicated smallpox before rolling the dice with the Playmate of the Year and the guy with the ALLCAPS keyboard -- at least to this observer, their skills would appear to lie in other areas than biomedical research.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you take a vaccine just because its free??? Lol......WOOOOOOOOOW JUST WOW!! I dont even know what to say.

I think you may be reading too much into that. Most larger employers now offer flu vaccination onsite free of charge on a certain day for your employees. They are trying to prevent half the staff being out and crippling the business. Why wouldn't he get a flu shot when its free, a perk of working their, and he doesn't even have to leave work to get it. I'd say that is smart on the employers part and on his part.

#80 6 years ago

Seriously, each individual has the right to decide how he or her wants to take care of their health and it is nobody elses place to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.

When people go back to minding their own business and quit trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats, the world will be a better place.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think you may be reading too much into that. Most larger employers now offer flu vaccination onsite free of charge on a certain day for your employees. They are trying to prevent half the staff being out and crippling the business. Why wouldn't he get a flu shot when its free, a perk of working their, and he doesn't even have to leave work to get it. I'd say that is smart on the employers part and on his part.

Well like i said, im not gonna get into a big discussion or any arguments on this subject. I value your opinions about pinball on this forum and i enjoy your posts, but i dont agree with you about flu shots at all. Its all good though and not a big deal, nobody agrees on everything.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, each individual has the right to decide how he or her wants to take care of their health and it is nobody elses place to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.
When people go back to minding their own business and quit trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats, the world will be a better place.

You are absolutely correct o-din, but as you know people in todays world will never mind their own business and will always shove their beliefs down your throat. Its just how people are these days, especially a certain group of people but since we arent allowed to get political on here i cant tell you which group that is.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well like i said, im not gonna get into a big discussion or any arguments on this subject. I value your opinions about pinball on this forum and i enjoy your posts, but i dont agree with you about flu shots at all. Its all good though and not a big deal, nobody agrees on everything.

Nor do you need too. Your a good dude and agreeing makes the world boring

But I don't think it's fair to act like someone is an idiot for getting a free convenient flu shot from their employer. We all know how people are and if something is mildly difficult people will just skip it. It's smart for employers to give their employees this option as it makes it a very easy decision for them. If they want a flu shot they can get it and not have to do anything extra. If they do not want it they don't have to take it.

Quoted from o-din:

Adults can make their own choices. Unfortunately adults are also making the choices for their children and there should be standards set so the public health concerns are not created by people with good intentions that just did not make the right choice.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are absolutely correct o-din, but as you know people in todays world will never mind their own business and will always shove their beliefs down your throat. Its just how people are these days, especially a certain group of people but since we arent allowed to get political on here i cant tell you which group that is.

Is it the group that wears pink hats?

#85 6 years ago

Yes, largely in part that I work for a large Hospital system. Condition of employment...mandated.....

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, each individual has the right to decide how he or her wants to take care of their health and it is nobody elses place to tell them what they should or shouldn't do. When people go back to minding their own business and quit trying to force their beliefs down other people's throats, the world will be a better place.

I'm all for individual rights. As well as natural consequences. I don't think vaccines should be mandatory, but I also don't think unvaccinated kids should be allowed to attend daycare or public school. Otherwise you end up with a situation like I found in Colorado, where hippy dipshits consult the crystals and decide not to vaccinate, and my kid gets exposed to whooping cough at daycare and ends up in urgent care with a tube up his nose. We're creating plentiful jobs in medicine and health insurance, of course, and protecting the whooping cough virus from eradication (extinction is forever, people), so maybe I shouldn't complain. Or maybe society has at least some right to defend itself from the consequences of individuals' poor decision making ...

#87 6 years ago

Got a flu shot one time. I was sick for four months afterward. My boss told me he never seen anybody cough as much as me and not die. Never again.

Shared that story with my new boss recently. He told me his uncle got a flu shot, was in the hospital for 4 weeks and became a vegetable from brain swelling. Family had to pull the plug to bring him peace.

Two of my other work buddies got flu shots this year, both got the flu and were out for weeks.

Count me out.

On a side note, my cholesterol runs high, my doctors were always on me to take drugs for it. I monitor blood sugar and was well aware of the connection between statins and blood sugar. Brought a bunch of literature to his office about statins effectively causing diabetes.

He wouldn't have non of that, instead told me he could give me Metformin if the Lipitor gave me diabetes. Also told me if I refused treatment he would kick me out of his practice. I should have walked out right then, but gave in and agreed to take a half dose of Lipitor, so 20mg/day.

One 20mg dose, my glucose spiked 20%. I stuck with that dose for 4 weeks despite the immediate flu like symptoms. I quit because of joint pain in the knees, elbows, hips, and even developed clicking sounds in my ankles and feet.

It took four months for the pain and clicking noises to go away, and I developed sudden myopia in that time and now require reading glasses. I never had health problems before Lipitor. Ever since that Lipitor experience I feel much older, seem to get injured all the time for no reason, back pain, painful joints, frozen shoulder now for two years. It's like that shit damaged my connective tissues and made them age.

At least now it is documented in my medical records that I am allergic to the statins. Doctors are trying to put all my family and friends on statins, so I make sure to tell them what happened to me. I'm hoping for a class action someday regarding Lipitor. For that you can count me in.

#88 6 years ago

I am never sick

#89 6 years ago

Can't sign up with Uncle Sam to fight them terrorists without getting one...why do you guys hate our military?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Can't sign up with Uncle Sam to fight them terrorists without getting one...why do you guys hate our military?

Jake tapper? Is that you? Lol

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Is it the group that wears pink hats?

#93 6 years ago

Yes, more so to protect others rather than myself, as I often work with pediatric cancer patients that may have a compromised immune system. I have not missed getting a shot in over 25 years.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

unvaccinated kids should be allowed to attend daycare or public school. Otherwise you end up with a situation like I found in Colorado, where hippy dipshits consult the crystals and decide not to vaccinate, and my kid gets exposed to whooping cough at daycare and ends up in urgent care with a tube up his nose.

So were your kids vaccinated? If so why did he get sick?

#95 6 years ago

Yup! Every year. There is a lot of junk science out there that is totally worthless. Very little danger in vaccines. You are infinitely in more danger every time you get in a car.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nor do you need too. Your a good dude and agreeing makes the world boring
But I don't think it's fair to act like someone is an idiot for getting a free convenient flu shot from their employer. We all know how people are and if something is mildly difficult people will just skip it. It's smart for employers to give their employees this option as it makes it a very easy decision for them. If they want a flu shot they can get it and not have to do anything extra. If they do not want it they don't have to take it.

Ive been known to be a little over dramatic on occasion i guess.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So were your kids vaccinated? If so why did he get sick?

Yep. And whooping cough vaccine is actually fairly effective, about 80%. Which means 20% non-effective, unfortunately. Common misconception about vaccines, if it's not 100% then it must be worthless. Thankfully people don't take that same stringent view of me most of the time or I'd be living on the street.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

There is a lot of junk science out there that is totally worthless. Very little danger in vaccines

And you know this because of..........?

#99 6 years ago

Getting the flu vaccination is about more than just attempting to prevent getting the flu, yourself.

You may be healthy with a strong immune system, but there are others (elderly, young children and babies, and others with immuno-compromised conditions) that won't just have a crappy week with it. They could die from it.

Because the strains of influenza mutate rapidly, sometimes the flu shot isn't as effective as we would like, but it's not as though it's completely ineffective. Nowadays with quadrivalent vaccines protecting against 4 strains, the odds are increased. Many vaccine producers are phasing out Thiomersal in children's vaccines due to public opinion rather than because science requires it (dosages are so low as to be insignificant).

Influenza results in 250,000 a 500,000 deaths per year around the globe. Deaths.

Go get a flu shot, if not for your sake, for the sake of someone who may not be able to fight it off as well as you can. My arm didn't even get sore from it this year!

#100 6 years ago

No. I have gotten the flu twice in the last 20 years, and it's aweful. I'd rather have the flu that inject whatever poison they put in those shots. I'm not anti-vac, but it's getting more and more obvious vaccines are a money grab. They are advertised at safeway supermarket...this is not medicine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/2?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.