View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 50.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Do self-driving cars come before or after flying cars?

Before and now. You are aware of this, right? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tesla-driver-asleep-at-the-wheel-disturbing-video-shows-driver-apparently-asleep-in-moving-tesla-on-highway/

I personally witnessed a man reading the paper doing 70 on I5

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

It's shocking to me how many grown men use the restroom and walk out without washing their hands. I guess soap and water has some unknown side effect and the government is trying to control the population through hand washing.

I saw a guy leave the bathroom stall at a grocery store, never stopped to wash his hands and headed right for the produce section

#1403 4 years ago

Me too. Have you ever wondered if self driving will be a thing of the past? Think maybe insurance companies will charge you more if you self drive? human driving will ultimately have higher risks. Most people are not very good at staying alert, sober and attentive to the road.

I think they'll only truly be safer if the transportation system is redesigned from the ground up with autonomous driving in mind. All cars need to use it. Cars need to communicate with other cars near them. Road signs and traffic signals need to be redesigned to communicate with the cars, etc. My boss and I were talking about this just a couple days ago. Designing software systems to solve complex problems is what we do.

#1404 4 years ago

Before and now. You are aware of this, right? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tesla-driver-asleep-at-the-wheel-disturbing-video-shows-driver-apparently-asleep-in-moving-tesla-on-highway/
I personally witnessed a man reading the paper doing 70 on I5

Are you kidding? I'm well aware of Tesla's failures. It can't even come out of a parking lot hitting people or causing wrecks. Let me make it perfectly clear to you in engineering terms: "All robotics require an isolated window of operation to be safe." The current state of affairs is "unsafe" by definition. Disruptive technology simply means acting illegally or outside accepted norms until enough politicians and lawsuits are paid off and the technology is deemed safe. Self driving cars require designated "human free" highways to be "safe". I'm sorry you are in such a naive stupor that you can't observe simple reality. How many innocent people will need to be killed by roaming robots before the technology is outlawed? How many innocent people must be killed before retribution will be meted out against the business men that profit from them? Do the math. Self-driving vehicles on public highways are a non-starter.

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I saw a guy leave the bathroom stall at a grocery store, never stopped to wash his hands and headed right for the produce section

That was me. Working on my tolerance to e-coli.

#1406 4 years ago

So, you guys gonna get a flu shot or nah?

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Are you kidding? I'm well aware of Tesla's failures. It can't even come out of a parking lot hitting people or causing wrecks. Let me make it perfectly clear to you in engineering terms: "All robotics require an isolated window of operation to be safe." The current state of affairs is "unsafe" by definition. Disruptive technology simply means acting illegally until enough politicians and lawsuits are paid off. Self driving cars require designated "human free" highways to be "safe". I'm sorry you are in such a naive stupor that you can't observe simple reality. How many innocent people will need to be killed by roaming robots before the technology is outlawed? How many innocent people must be killed before retribution will be meted out against the business men that profit from them? Do the math. Self-driving vehicles on public highways are a non-starter.

You asked if self driving cars would come before or after flying cars. I showed you a video of a "self driving" car. Yes or No?. Then you go off on a tangent about hitting people, lawsuits, retribution, etc.

There are many more examples of self driving vehicles with excellent, accident free, miles. That is what it will come down to. When it is proven that cars can go more miles without an accident than a human can, the regulators and insurance companies will insist on self driving options. You say "non-starter" are you purposefully being ignorant?

For someone who is a "Alpha" that doesn't care what others think of them you sure are argumentative about everything.

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Nah. My wife and kid get it every year. My kid also gets the flu every year. A couple years ago he got the shot, then about a month afterwards got both strains of the flu at the same time. I don't get it and haven't had the flu since 2000.

#1410 4 years ago

You asked if self driving cars would come before or after flying cars. I showed you a video of a "self driving" car. Yes or No?. Then you go off on a tangent about hitting people, lawsuits, retribution, etc.
There are many more examples of self driving vehicles with excellent, accident free, miles. That is what it will come down to. When it is proven that cars can go more miles without an accident than a human can, the regulators and insurance companies will insist on self driving options. You say "non-starter" are you purposefully being ignorant?
For someone who is a "Alpha" that doesn't care what others think of them you sure are argumentative about everything.

I'm trying to introduce logic into the conversation and every time you drop back to a personal attack. Self-driving cars are unsafe. Does Tesla say you can take a nap while your car brings you to your destination? Your assumption that it will be safe some day is the exact same as your assumption that vaccine jabs are safe today. You ignore all anecdotal evidence and rely on those who profit for your information. You ignore the NVIC settlements, the warnings on the inserts and common sense to live an inverted wish of what you want things to be. The truth is apparent to those who don't live in a bed of lies.

I'll ask again, which will be in common use first? Flying cars or self-driving human-transport cars. The answer is neither. I'm an engineer, BTW.

From your article: "Uber has put testing its self-driving cars on hold while the investigation is completed, and Toyota (TM) also halted road tests of autonomous cars."

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm trying to introduce logic into the conversation and every time you drop back to a personal attack. Self-driving cars are unsafe. Does Tesla say you can take a nap while your car brings you to your destination? Your assumption that it will be safe some day is the exact same as your assumption that vaccine jabs are safe today. You ignore all anecdotal evidence and rely on those who profit for your information. You ignore the NVIC settlements, the warnings on the inserts and common sense to live an inverted wish of what you want things to be. The truth is apparent to those who don't live in a bed of lies.
I'll ask again, which will be in common use first? Flying cars or self-driving human-transport cars. The answer is neither. I'm an engineer, BTW.

Says the guy who states " It can't even come out of a parking lot hitting people or causing wrecks." Cars are on the road now that are self driving. Did you even read the links I posted? This technology isn't going away because you say it is a "non starter".

With your mentality we wouldn't have airplanes either because in your words "Disruptive technology simply means acting illegally or outside accepted norms until enough politicians and lawsuits are paid off and the technology is deemed safe." Were you aware it was not illegal to be asleep at the wheel in the state the Tesla was operating in? Sure, you knew that too.

Save the "I'm an engineer" response for someone else. There are many types of engineers and I wouldn't get my advice on self driving cars from a civil or biomedical engineer. You didn't state what you are so I assume it has nothing to do with the subject matter.

#1412 4 years ago

With your mentality we wouldn't have airplanes either because in your words "Disruptive technology simply means acting illegally or outside accepted norms until enough politicians and lawsuits are paid off and the technology is deemed safe." Were you aware it was not illegal to be asleep at the wheel in the state the Tesla was operating in? Sure, you knew that too....

Airplanes have had auto-pilot for decades. Do you see a single passenger airplane that flies without a pilot? I'm also an FAA 107 certified UAV operator. Do you expect autonomous food delivery any time soon? No. You can't operate UAVs safely over people. Yes I'm aware of the pilot programs. I follow them closely. To get a certificate of waiver to the rules, you have to mitigate risk to life and property. The disruptive nature of Google wing is a prime example of what I call a non-starter. Get back to me in a couple of years when the new carrier is a complete failure. And I'm a giant proponent of drone operation and FAA certified drone operator. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-23/alphabet-s-drone-delivery-business-cleared-for-takeoff-by-faa

BTW, my field of engineering is manufacturing robotics, cueing theory, industrial health and safety, operations research and basically all types of human/mechanical process integration. I probably have the most diverse field of engineering experience of anyone you've ever met in your life. Not bad for and "old-school piece of shit" if I do say so myself.

And then I've been self-employed successfully for the last 20 years, have a great family, a beautiful wife and an 811/850 credit score. I haven't been given a single unearned thing for 30 years.. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Well then, if that's your objection to vaccines, you might want to also discontinue drinking Pepsi.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/confused-about-the-pepsi-fetal-cell-issue-here-are-the-facts

Yup. I don't drink that poison either.

#1414 4 years ago

Woah woah woah, didn’t you read the pyramid? He’s a sigma bear. That’s like 10x better than an alpha, which is a wolf or at best a lion.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I haven't been given a single unearned thing for 30 years.

Pretty lean Christmases at your place, eh? I’m beginning to understand the username.

#1416 4 years ago

Adrenochrome. It is THE drug of choice for the satanic elite.

Quoted from SadSack:

It's so sad to see people mock that which they have no idea about. You should know that Epstein was farming babies for harvest.
Occultist pedophiles like to induce horror up until the time of murder and then they eat the brains (mainly for the pineal gland) and drink the blood to get the ultimate high in their occult rituals. Don't laugh. This shit is true and the only reason people deny it is because they think others are like them. Believe me when I tell you there are a lot of household names practicing this vampirism. It's also what they were doing with the planeloads of kids from Haiti.
Behind the paywall, but NYT admits that Epstein was "human-farming" in NM. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/31/business/jeffrey-epstein-eugenics.html

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The latest stat here says 49% nay to 42% yay.

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Pretty lean Christmases at your place, eh? I’m beginning to understand the username.

And don't get us started on Christmas. That is a whole other discussion....

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

And don't get us started on Christmas. That is a whole other discussion....

On that much, we agree.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

One thing i can guarentee with absolute certainty....my penis is the cleanest thing in a public restroom. How many people have been taught to propetly wash/dry their hands anyways?

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

QLc9TBj.gifQLc9TBj.gif

#1422 4 years ago

Serious question for those of you who think that big pharma makes a ton off of vaccines.
If money is the goal and greed the motive why not let everyone get the flu, polio, measles, etc? Wouldn't big pharma make a lot more money treating serious illness then simply trying to prevent it?

When it comes to cancer, aids, Parkinson's, diabetes etc, Big Pharma is making big coin on it. THey keep pumping people full of meds,. Or they say they are closer to finding a cure but its just out of re ach. MSM always has pharma ads on and you never hear brian stelter or others speaking out against a flu vac potential bad side effects .

#1424 4 years ago

SWL also has some of the most stringent gun control regulations in the world. If anything that article supports strict gun regulations as it doesn’t talk about guns being successfully used as self defense at all. And even concealed carry in SW is very rare and hard to get.

Regardless, guns, Autonomous cars and vaccinations are all nightmare fuel discussions for anyone that has to sit next to a crazy uncle on thanksgiving.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm an engineer, BTW.

Shame you can't engineer yourself some personality.

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm an engineer, BTW.

I knew I had seen you somewhere before.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

One thing i can guarentee with absolute certainty....my penis is the cleanest thing in a public restroom. How many people have been taught to propetly wash/dry their hands anyways?

An Air Force pilot, a Naval Officer and an Army Private all go to the bathroom
When they come out, the Air Force pilot begins thoroughly washing his hands and says, 'In the Air Force they taught us the importance of good hygiene.'

The Naval officer then begins washing his hands using only a small trickle of water and says, 'In the Navy they taught us the importance of good hygiene AND water conservation.'

The army private walks straight out without stopping and says, 'In the Army they taught us to not piss on our hands.'

#1429 4 years ago

I get a flu shot (and vaccines) because I place more trust in science and doctors than random wackos on the internet, and also because I tend to not do stupid things when it comes to my health.

#1430 4 years ago
download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I've had objective testing and yes, I am just exactly as smart as I think I am.

Quoted from SadSack:

I probably have the most diverse field of engineering experience of anyone you've ever met in your life.

Quoted from SadSack:

And then I've been self-employed successfully for the last 20 years, have a great family, a beautiful wife and an 811/850 credit score.

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

Quoted from SadSack:

BTW, my field of engineering is manufacturing robotics, cueing theory

Do you mean "queuing theory?"

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Do you mean "queuing theory?"

No, he meant cueing theory, he also has a black belt in Pilates instruction:
https://cueingtheory.com/what-is-cueing-theory/

That, or he's a pool-table engineer but didn't want to appear boastful.

#1433 4 years ago

I know it's hard to understand the consequences of hyper-intelligence. When grammar is my top concern, I demonstrate mastery. When bitch-slapping a few gamma trolls, sometimes I'm a little sloppy.

I'm also an expert in tesla safety: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7660019/Alarming-video-shows-driverless-Tesla-car-cruising-road-wrong-way-summoned.html

#1434 4 years ago

No I want to get sick.....gives me more time to stay home and play pinball!

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And then I've been self-employed successfully for the last 20 years, have a great family, a beautiful wife and an 811/850 credit score. I haven't been given a single unearned thing for 30 years.. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

811? I haven't been that low in years. Also FICO scores are out of 900.

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I know it's hard to understand the consequences of hyper-intelligence. When grammar is my top concern, I demonstrate mastery. When bitch-slapping a few gamma trolls, sometimes I'm a little sloppy.
I'm also an expert in tesla safety:
-Insert video of Tesla accidents vs accidents caused by human erro—

Your inability to multitask is eclipsed only by your poor credit score...811? Yikes

#1437 4 years ago

Yeah, I guess I remembered it a little low, credit experts, Now should we post pics of our wives?

2019-11-07 15.40.59 (resized).jpg2019-11-07 15.40.59 (resized).jpg
#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Yeah, I guess I remembered it a little low, credit experts, Now should we post pics of our wives?[quoted image]

I'd start with SSN and mother's maiden name.

#1439 4 years ago

I didn't really want to seem like I was bragging, but since you are ragging on your period, here's from a few months ago:
2019-11-07 15.46.33 (resized).jpg2019-11-07 15.46.33 (resized).jpg

gladiator (resized).jpggladiator (resized).jpg
#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I didn't really want to seem like I was bragging, but since you are ragging on your period, here's from a few months ago:
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you screw up your credit in the last few months? Late payments?

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Don't you understand how Sigmas, Alphas, and all Protozoa are somehow in a food pyramid, which means that the earth is flat and flu vaccines kill you.

Also post pictures of your wife and FICO scores so you can participate in this super weird pretend dick measuring contest.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dolthood.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Also post pictures of your wife and FICO scores so you can participate in this super weird pretend dick measuring contest.

If he starts posting those pics, I'm done reading this thread

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I used it. I short-term financed a TAF and an TSPP for a total of $7900 if you must know. They'll be paid off shortly. My busiest time of year is upon me. If you understood credit, you'd know that 30 day lates knock you below 760/850 on the first incident. But do try to keep up, you'll catch on soon.

ETA: I forgot I also bought a Munsters Pro from SDCC in July but that didn't hit hard enough to affect my utilization.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I short-term financed a TAF and an TSPP

WOW. If you had to use credit to buy pins, MAN have you done it (life) wrong. SMH

Either way, changing your utilization ratio for one month wouldn't dump your credit 20 points.

#1446 4 years ago

Pics of wives, please.

#1447 4 years ago

This thread:

crash-and-burn-money (resized).jpgcrash-and-burn-money (resized).jpg
#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

It's so sad to see people mock that which they have no idea about. You should know that Epstein was farming babies for harvest.
Occultist pedophiles like to induce horror up until the time of murder and then they eat the brains (mainly for the pineal gland) and drink the blood to get the ultimate high in their occult rituals. Don't laugh. This shit is true and the only reason people deny it is because they think others are like them. Believe me when I tell you there are a lot of household names practicing this vampirism. It's also what they were doing with the planeloads of kids from Haiti.
Behind the paywall, but NYT admits that Epstein was "human-farming" in NM. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/31/business/jeffrey-epstein-eugenics.html

I don’t know about all that. He definitely killed himself though.

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

ETA: I forgot I also bought a Munsters Pro from SDCC in July but that didn't hit hard enough to affect my utilization.

I’ll bite, what does Estimated Time of Arrival have to do with your credit score?

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

random wackos

Hello...is it me you’re lookin for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.