New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 211068)

Do you get a seasonal flu shot?

By cosmokramer

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,456 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by jlm33
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Flu shot”

• Yes 268 votes
    43%
  • No 302 votes
    48%
  • Sometimes 56 votes
    9%

(626 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 162 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2456 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 50.
#1351 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm a sigma. I have no need for your approval or respect. Please understand the socio-sexual hierarchy before trying to understand others above you, gamma.

I took another look, and it appears you're working off a beta version of the psycho-sexual pyramid, and have misidentified yourself as "top bear," which may help explain your general state of disorientation. The current version of the pyramid (employing the same markup system recently adopted by the National Weather Service) is attached for your convenience.
Pyramid Scheme (resized).png

#1352 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm a sigma. I have no need for your approval or respect. Please understand the socio-sexual hierarchy before trying to understand others above you, gamma.

Yes, you are "crushing life" and "winning" in the same way that Charlie Sheen was winning. Give your sigma/alpha/bear nonsense a rest. You aren't as smart as you think.

#1353 11 months ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Serious question for those of you who think that big pharma makes a ton off of vaccines.
If money is the goal and greed the motive why not let everyone get the flu, polio, measles, etc? Wouldn't big pharma make a lot more money treating serious illness then simply trying to prevent it?

Like cold remedies, HIV medicine, cancer treatment, etc?

Measles, to my knowledge, isn't a life long or reoccurring disease for an individual. Thus no money to be made.

The common cold, happens to people several times a year, thus plenty to gain.

Just thinking out loud.

#1354 11 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Like cold remedies, HIV medicine, cancer treatment, etc?
Measles, to my knowledge, isn't a life long or reoccurring disease for an individual. Thus no money to be made.
The common cold, happens to people several times a year, thus plenty to gain.
Just thinking out loud.

Wouldn't you need all of the cold remedies to help fight the flu? Fever reducers, lozenges, pain meds, etc. I assume the cost of the remedies would be equal to or greater than the vaccine. Don't know though.

#1355 11 months ago

Wouldn't you need all of the cold remedies to help fight the flu? Fever reducers, lozenges, pain meds, etc. I assume the cost of the remedies would be equal to or greater than the vaccine. Don't know though.

Not really sure, like I said, just thinking out loud. I'd imagine the severity has something to do with it.

#1356 11 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:Not really sure, like I said, just thinking out loud. I'd imagine the severity has something to do with it.

Yes and the more serious your illness the more money to be made by Pharma.

So I think the big pharma money angle is unproven. People would pay way more to get rid of flu symptoms once they had it then they would to prevent it.

I travel a good bit and like to play craps. Therefore I come in contact with a large number of people. It's shocking to me how many grown men use the restroom and walk out without washing their hands. I guess soap and water has some unknown side effect and the government is trying to control the population through hand washing.

#1357 11 months ago

Yes, you are "crushing life" and "winning" in the same way that Charlie Sheen was winning. Give your sigma/alpha/bear nonsense a rest. You aren't as smart as you think.

I've had objective testing and yes, I am just exactly as smart as I think I am. I gave up faking dolthood to please others when I was still a teenager. If you want to take it to PM, we can compare numbers - any numbers - IQ, California Achievement Tests, PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT. I never took the GRE, or that would be on the list, too.

#1358 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

we can compare numbers - any numbers - IQ, California Achievement Tests, PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT.

I took the IQ test when I was a child and they said it was around 150, but it was too nice a day, so I went surfing the day they were handing out the others.

#1359 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I took the IQ test when I was a child and they said it was around 150, but it was too nice a day, so I went surfing the day they were handing out the others.

I'm an under-achiever, too. It didn't pay so hot, but it was a helluva lot of fun getting here.

#1360 11 months ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Ah yes. Another Vox Day fan and Owen Benjamin fan. Good to know you brother. =)

This was found on Google so it probably cannot be trusted. Feel free to correct https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vox_Day

#1361 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I've had objective testing and yes, I am just exactly as smart as I think I am. I gave up faking dolthood to please others when I was still a teenager.

https://www.yourdictionary.com/dolthood

#1362 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I gave up faking dolthood to please others when I was still a teenager.

So any dolthood displayed in this thread can be taken as 100% genuine, then?

#1363 11 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So any dolthood displayed in this thread can be taken as 100% genuine, then?

Quote it, gamma.

#1364 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I've had objective testing and yes, I am just exactly as smart as I think I am. I gave up faking dolthood to please others when I was still a teenager. If you want to take it to PM, we can compare numbers - any numbers - IQ, California Achievement Tests, PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT. I never took the GRE, or that would be on the list, too.

You're not a SadSack at all. You are a woke, genius, alpha bear, sigma, Stephen Hawking thinking, out of the box pinball doctor with super high test scores.

Excuse the interruption. Carry on with your crushing.

#1365 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Which one of those tests utilizes objective criteria to measure dolthood?

#1366 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm an under-achiever, too. It didn't pay so hot, but it was a helluva lot of fun getting here.

There are a lot of big money making careers you couldn't pay me to even dream about. The mind's number one job is to take care of the vehicle it is riding in and be as close to one with nature around it. Also being immune to everything and everybody around it that would like to disrupt or interfere with it's given direction and what it believes to be right.

#1368 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mind's number one job is to take care of the vehicle it is riding in and be as close to one with nature around it. Also being immune to everything and everybody around it that would like to disrupt or interfere with it's given direction and what it believes to be right.

I'm not sold on the philosophy of molding my mind to be impervious to any evidence or argument that might lead me to question or change my current trajectory and beliefs. But at least it's an ethos.

#1369 11 months ago

Flu shots are for pussies

#1370 11 months ago

I think what strikes me as odd when I think about this thread is some people are so worried they may get sick and die but they wake up in the morning, ingest some BHT with their breakfast, drink a couple energy drinks at work, stop at burger king on the way home, maybe snack on some crackers with TBHQ and wash it down with some RED #40 or a soda. I guess the slow killer goes unnoticed.

#1371 11 months ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

wash it down with some RED #40 or a soda.

But it's an extra large diet soda!

#1372 11 months ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I think what strikes me as odd when I think about this thread is some people are so worried they may get sick and die but they wake up in the morning, ingest some BHT with their breakfast, drink a couple energy drinks at work, stop at burger king on the way home, maybe snack on some crackers with TBHQ and wash it down with some RED #40 or a soda. I guess the slow killer goes unnoticed.

Flu (resized).JPG
#1373 11 months ago

And if you happen to love abortion and vaccines, you're in luck:

Human babies have been and are still being sacrificed for use in the research and development of vaccines. DNA from these aborted fetuses is present in vaccines, and independent scientific research has found that there is the potential for insertional mutagenesis to occur within the vaccinated person. Unfortunately, vaccine manufacturers do not test their products for mutagenic potential. The long term adverse effects of using aborted fetal cells for vaccine production are virtually unknown, yet millions of these vaccines are administered every day.

For a more comprehensive list, visit Cogforlife.org.
https://thinklovehealthy.com/2017/07/06/what-you-should-know-about-human-aborted-fetal-cell-dna-in-vaccines/

#1374 11 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not sold on the philosophy of molding my mind to be impervious to any evidence or argument that might lead me to question or change my current trajectory and beliefs. But at least it's an ethos

I'm always open to new points of view, some that make me rethink mine, and I think I just found one.

Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Flu shots are for pussies

#1375 11 months ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

And if you happen to love abortion and vaccines, you're in luck:
Human babies have been and are still being sacrificed for use in the research and development of vaccines. DNA from these aborted fetuses is present in vaccines, and independent scientific research has found that there is the potential for insertional mutagenesis to occur within the vaccinated person. Unfortunately, vaccine manufacturers do not test their products for mutagenic potential. The long term adverse effects of using aborted fetal cells for vaccine production are virtually unknown, yet millions of these vaccines are administered every day.
For a more comprehensive list, visit Cogforlife.org.
https://thinklovehealthy.com/2017/07/06/what-you-should-know-about-human-aborted-fetal-cell-dna-in-vaccines/

Well then, if that's your objection to vaccines, you might want to also discontinue drinking Pepsi.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/confused-about-the-pepsi-fetal-cell-issue-here-are-the-facts

#1376 11 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Well then, if that's your objection to vaccines, you might want to also discontinue drinking Pepsi.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/confused-about-the-pepsi-fetal-cell-issue-here-are-the-facts

Fetuses are high in protein and sometimes grant you superpowers.

#1377 11 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Can we get a full list of products somewhere? Sounds like that might nicely offset the BHT, TBHQ, and Red #40 discussed above.

#1379 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

And sometimes seatbelts break ribs.

Next.

You've got a thing about seatbelts. Did you sit in for a crash test dummy or what?

Next

#1380 11 months ago

I miss the old days when Coke had Cocaine in it and all the kids rode around in the back of the El Camino with no seatbelts.

#1381 11 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

It's so sad to see people mock that which they have no idea about. You should know that Epstein was farming babies for harvest.

Occultist pedophiles like to induce horror up until the time of murder and then they eat the brains (mainly for the pineal gland) and drink the blood to get the ultimate high in their occult rituals. Don't laugh. This shit is true and the only reason people deny it is because they think others are like them. Believe me when I tell you there are a lot of household names practicing this vampirism. It's also what they were doing with the planeloads of kids from Haiti.

Behind the paywall, but NYT admits that Epstein was "human-farming" in NM. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/31/business/jeffrey-epstein-eugenics.html

#1382 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Where’d you land on the spectrum tests though? Inquiring minds want to know...

#1383 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You've got a thing about seatbelts. Did you sit in for a crash test dummy or what?
Next

Nah. Just an easy way to burn down the strawman arguments here.

#1384 11 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Believe me when I tell you there are a lot of household names practicing this vampirism.

10-4, Papa Bear.

#1385 11 months ago

Nah. Just an easy way to burn down the strawman arguments here.

Comparing a lifeless object like a seatbelt to toxic shit being injected is about as strawman as it gets.

#1386 11 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

10-4, Papa Bear.

That's Pinball Bear and I'm glad you are finally seeing things my way.

#1387 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Comparing a lifeless object like a seatbelt to toxic shit being injected is about as strawman as it gets.

Both have a common purpose of saving lives. Toxic is relative. Everything we eat, touch and breath has some nasty shit in it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/15-surprising-things-that-contain-animal-products-2014-3

#1388 11 months ago

Both have a common purpose of saving lives.

I guess we could include guns then too. They also have a purpose of saving lives.

#1389 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Incorrect.

So if you wore a seatbelt on the inside it wouldn’t be strawman?

Hey, you tried.

#1390 11 months ago

Incorrect.

So if you wore a seatbelt on the inside it wouldn’t be strawman?

Hey, you tried.

No, I got your point. Which is why I said we should add life saving guns to the conversation.

Herd thinking would probably say the more people that carry guns, the safer we will all be. If everybody was to carry one, it would surely put an end to violence.

#1391 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess we could include guns then too. They also have a purpose of saving lives.

Sure you can. It's your story.

The main difference however is that seat belts and vaccines primary purposes is to reduce illness or injury.

Just admit that sometimes seat belts and vaccines injure or kill but they overwhelmingly save lives and we can move on to other subjects.

#1392 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I got your point. Which is why I said we should add life saving guns to the conversation.
Herd thinking would probably say the more people that carry guns, the safer we will all be. If everybody was to carry one, it would surely put an end to violence.

Many statistics support this argument.

#1393 11 months ago

Just admit that sometimes seat belts and vaccines injure or kill but they overwhelmingly save lives and we can move on to other subjects.

Sure. A seatbelt can injure or kill you if you use it. You can even get killed driving if you don't use it.

If you choose not to drive, that takes away the risk, just like choosing not to use a vaccine.

I do believe we are on the same page now.

Except am I supposed to wear the seatbelt so somebody in another car doesn't get injured?

#1394 11 months ago

WARNING - THIS POST MAY BE DEEMED A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT-

What will you do when self driving cars become the norm? Will you freak out when a few accidents or even a few thousand accidents happen each year because the car screwed the pooch? Will you refuse to get into an autonomous vehicle because they have the ability to kill? Can't drive one because you heard your aunts, friend's daughter, was in a deadly accident in one?

Or will you realize that autonomous vehicles don't get tired, they don't get drunk, don't text, put on make-up or eat cereal while driving. Although not 100% effective at driving they will be far superior to human drivers and death by motor vehicle accident will decline from the 1.25 million deaths each year. Nothing is 100% effective.

If vaccines do more good than harm and self driving cars do more good than harm I will take my chances. I don't care what you do as long as you wash your damn hands after the bathroom when playing craps at my table.

#1395 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure. A seatbelt can injure or kill you if you use it. You can even get killed driving if you don't use it.
If you choose not to drive, that takes away the risk, just like choosing not to use a vaccine.
I do believe we are on the same page now.

No, different pages. But it's all good.

#1396 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you find data to backup your thesis that more guns = increased safety then yes, I’d agree 100%.

Glad you’re seeing it my way now.

#1397 11 months ago

What will you do when self driving cars become the norm? Will you freak out when a few accidents or even a few thousand accidents happen each year because the car screwed the pooch? Will you refuse to get into an autonomous vehicle because they have the ability to kill? Can't drive one because you heard your aunts, friend's daughter, was in a deadly accident in one?
Or will you realize that autonomous vehicles don't get tired, they don't get drunk, don't text, put on make-up or eat cereal while driving. Although not 100% effective at driving they will be far superior to human drivers and death by motor vehicle accident will decline from the 1.25 million deaths each year. Nothing is 100% effective.
If vaccines do more good than harm and self driving cars do more good than harm I will take my chances. I don't care what you do as long as you wash your damn hands after the bathroom when playing craps at my table.

Personally I won't ride in an autonomous vehicle because I enjoy driving myself. Whether it's safer or not makes no difference to me.

#1398 11 months ago

I think O-din is on to something. In fact, he is a Alpha Sigma of the highest order.

Guns do in fact save lives. If you have no food you can hunt with them. Life saved. If someone breaks into your home you can defend your life with one. Life saved. If you see O-dins hypothetical poisonous snake you can shoot it before it bites you. (thereby saving yourself from taking anti venom and dying from the side effects anyways) If you are in a car without a seat belt and cut your artery you can fire the weapon to heat the barrel then cauterize your own wound. Life saved.

Yet, for all the lifesaving features of a gun, some people will still be allergic to lead and die from them.

#1399 11 months ago

Do self-driving cars come before or after flying cars?

#1400 11 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Personally I won't ride in an autonomous vehicle because I enjoy driving myself. Whether it's safer or not makes no difference to me.

Me too. Have you ever wondered if self driving will be a thing of the past? Think maybe insurance companies will charge you more if you self drive? human driving will ultimately have higher risks. Most people are not very good at staying alert, sober and attentive to the road.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2456 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside