View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 50.
#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't know why, but I've seen this trend in many women I've known.

TheLaw had this dude pegged several pages ago.

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Because it’s not needed here? How common is it in the US vs the flu?

We are not some island, don't forget. The world is getting smaller with thousands of jetliners landing from far off countries every day. Bringing all that with them.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

I just don’t know how we’ve gotten to the point of parents putting their kids in danger because they don’t want to immunize against polio, tetanus, measles, etc. Not a huge risk when everyone else around you is immunized, but what happens when no one does?

It's a matter of people's bad experiences with medicine in general. There are a lot that know science can sometimes do a lot more harm than good, and when it does, it usually gets swept under the rug like nothing happened. A few people dying gets written off. It's become damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to making decisions for your children that will affect them for the rest of their lives. And the reality is even with something like polio, 95% infected would not even show symptoms.

I got all mine and my daughter got hers, but those are basically one time shots. Somehow I got the mumps anyway, even though vaccinated.

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Somehow I got the mumps anyway, even though vaccinated.

*Looks up mumps symptoms*

If you’re basing that off of the time you had pain and tenderness in the testes...that maaay have been something else.

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

*Looks up mumps symptoms*
If you’re basing that off of the time you had pain and tenderness in the testes...that maaay have been something else.

Funny!

No, I remember having fat, swollen cheeks. And they said "you are not going to school". I said "OK!"

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Don't forget the Aluminum industry chemical waste product Fluoride for your child's young teeth and even gums. My sister gave the thumbs up to her child's dentist to give Fluoride paste treatment to her 8 month old. Fluoride is a neurotoxin. Good old Edward Bernays. For your safety....

Its absolutely incredible what people will knowingly put in their bodies. You can tell someone they are ingesting a chemical which is known to cause cancer and they will eat it anyway. The response I usually get is pretty much the same as some of the responses here, "Well you're going to die anyways". That's fine if you have that little regard for your own life but what about children you may have in the future and how these things might effect their development?

As for me it is to late, I am a product of the chemical age. Vibrant colored foods, plastic everything right down to the clothes I wore, Teflon, highly processed foods, fast food junk etc. At least I have the excuse of not knowing any better growing up. Information wasn't easily available as it is today. I do not live like that today and my children certainly don't.

Modern medicine does have its place and sometimes it is necessary to pick the lesser of the evils. For instance if I needed a CAT scan because I had some serious issues then by all means I would get one, but If I was asked to get one to "check and see" without anything to go on. Then no thank you, I will do without the concentrated radiation to my head.

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Don't forget the Aluminum industry chemical waste product Fluoride for your child's young teeth and even gums. My sister gave the thumbs up to her child's dentist to give Fluoride paste treatment to her 8 month old. Fluoride is a neurotoxin. Good old Edward Bernays. For your safety....

Must be throwback Tuesday, we haven’t had a good fluoride rant since page two!

80E8CC96-B3DF-4115-8889-3E2893974306 (resized).png80E8CC96-B3DF-4115-8889-3E2893974306 (resized).png
#1307 4 years ago

This is how good my memory is. I might have had mumps before they gave me the shot for it.
But if I can beat that and whooping cough, I can beat anything.

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is how good my memory is. I might have had mumps before they gave me the shot for it.

You’ve always struck me as an early adopter.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You’ve always struck me as an early adopter.

Or a relic from the new guinea pig days. They had no idea I might survive this long.

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Strange how the back of the toothpaste tube says do not ingest and has a poison control number.

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Strange how the back of the toothpaste tube says do not ingest and has a poison control number.

silica is a carcinogen. The other ingredients can cause intestinal blockages.

Not weird at all to alert the public to that.

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's some irony in the American way of thinking and doing things.
There has been an outbreak of norovirus at the senior home where my mom is. I stopped by the front desk to drop off her medication this morning and everybody is wearing masks and they would not let anybody, myself included go any further than that not even to see my mother. But later in the afternoon they call me to come over and calm her down when she got a little riled up over something.
So which is it? We have a deadly outbreak here and we are trying to contain it, or we don't care if you get sick and spread it to the outside world as long as you can calm your mother down.

So did you get yours yet? With 1000 dead, shouldn't you be worried?

Here’s the deal. They just want to keep it quiet. They don’t give a shit of thousands of people die they just want it to not cause a stink. The U.N. has said that in order to attain their goals thousands and thousands of people need to die each day.
As far as the polio article goes, I saw it and posted it after I read it quickly thinking someone might find it interesting. I didn’t have the chance to read further into it. I just posted it in passing not trying to prove or disprove anything.

#1313 4 years ago

Anyone who cannot recognize the absolute number of lives that have been saved since the advent of vaccines is well, just plain being purposely obtuse to the world around them and will never change their opinion. Do vaccines sometimes go awry, certainly, nothing, "NOTHING" is 100% sure and safe as each individual is just that, unique, so seeing some react badly to vaccines is a no brainer and is to be expected. Would love to be a fly on the wall when some of the conspiracy people get diagnosed with a potential life ending threat and see how many actually refuse to be treated. I think it may be very educational to say the least.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The U.N. has said that in order to attain their goals thousands and thousands of people need to die each day.

I’d be interested in learning more about this. Can you cite your reference?

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I’d be interested in learning more about this. Can you cite your reference?

Ok, not being an ass here but, I deleted the search where I found this and I would have to do it again. I know I was looking up a incident where the UN took over a building in Utah and they told people that the building was now a UN compound and the constitution didn't apply. Also since my opinions are highly doubted here it would probably be better if you looked it up yourself. Disprove what I said if you want, I don't care. I and others here know what the UN and other orgs like it are but no matter what we say it wont change the minds of people who disagree

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I deleted the search where I found this and I would have to do it again

and there we are.

#1317 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. BRING ON THE SUPER BUG.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I was looking up a incident where the UN took over a building in Utah and they told people that the building was now a UN compound and the constitution didn't apply.

Sorry, but this sounds like complete bullshit. Your opinions don’t enter into it, either it happened or it didn’t. And I’d bet pinball pink slips that the UN never “took over” a building in Utah - they don’t have eminent domain power and you can be damn sure there are no troops under UN command in Utah. Doesn’t mean you can’t find websites claiming this and all manner of other wild nonsense, but doesn’t make it true.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Doesn’t mean you can’t find websites claiming this and all manner of other wild nonsense, but doesn’t make it true.

Plenty of websites discussing this.

https://www.infowars.com/watch-un-takes-over-utah-taxpayer-funded-venue-claims-its-international-territory/

#1320 4 years ago

We're overdue for a nice pandemic. The Earth would appreciate 50% less population.

#1321 4 years ago

I would think that if the UN took over a building in the US it would've been front page news, on every TV and radio station across the country.

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Anyone who cannot recognize the absolute number of lives that have been saved since the advent of vaccines is well, just plain being purposely obtuse to the world around them and will never change their opinion. Do vaccines sometimes go awry, certainly, nothing, "NOTHING" is 100% sure and safe as each individual is just that, unique, so seeing some react badly to vaccines is a no brainer and is to be expected. Would love to be a fly on the wall when some of the conspiracy people get diagnosed with a potential life ending threat and see how many actually refuse to be treated. I think it may be very educational to say the least.

That's when they seek alternative treatments and die real quick.

#1324 4 years ago

When the message doesn't fit your deeply held beliefs, the only alternative is to attack the messenger. Notice all the "give me the link" so I can debunk it nonsense. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. You are not the judge of truth just as I am not. I have an opinion different than yours. Many share both your's and mine. Do you think one group is completely right and the other is completely wrong? Logical fallacies rule the day! Emotional investment is the only capital! I'm right because my participation trophy says so! Take a thousand jabs for all I care. I've done lots of diverse research and have come to my own conclusions. I don't stick with 3 groups that profit by their pronouncements. Many of my sources have no dogs in the hunt. All of your's do. That is good enough for me.

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

When the message doesn't fit your deeply held beliefs, the only alternative is to attack the messenger.

Yeah I do see that in what you're doing throughout the thread, deflect, dissuade, demean; it appears you have no understanding for ideology that does not fit your way of life.

Try to just accept that some get the shot, some don't, instead of comments that attack their intelligence because they don't fit your mold.

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I do realize this. I was being funny about it. Just forgot the smiley.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorry, but this sounds like complete bullshit to me. Your opinions don’t enter into it, either it happened or it didn’t. And I’d bet pinball pink slips that the UN never “took over” a building in Utah - they don’t have eminent domain power and you can be damn sure there are no troops under UN command in Utah. Doesn’t mean you can’t find websites claiming this and all manner of other wild nonsense, but doesn’t make it true.

https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

#1328 4 years ago

Thank goodness America is still the land of the free.

#1329 4 years ago

Silica is a carcinogen for lung cancer.

#1330 4 years ago

So far, the list of linked games has been the most relatable and entertaining part of this comedic thread.

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah I do see that in what you're doing throughout the thread, deflect, dissuade, demean; it appears you have no understanding for ideology that does not fit your way of life.
Try to just accept that some get the shot, some don't, instead of comments that attack their intelligence because they don't fit your mold.

I don't recall calling anyone an "old school piece of shit" or posting images of gay men to demean others. It's just like I often say... projection is the modus operandi of the gamma male.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

We're overdue for a nice pandemic. The Earth would appreciate 50% less population.

So would the global cabal elitists. Look up Georgia Guidestone...

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

So would the global cabal elitists. Look up Georgia Guidestone...

They have some reasonable ideas.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't recall calling anyone an "old school piece of shit" or posting images of gay men to demean others. It's just like I often say... projection is the modus operandi of the gamma male.

He didn't demean you; that picture is what most people will think of when grown men call each other "bears." Very few people know about that ultra right-wing shit you're involved with, so it was an honest mistake.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

They have some reasonable ideas.

As long as it isn't you or yours that gets dusted in the snap, huh.

#1336 4 years ago

Looks legit to me! Is “gov1.info” the official deep state domain suffix?

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

global cabal elitists.

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

When the message doesn't fit your deeply held beliefs, the only alternative is to attack the messenger. Notice all the "give me the link" so I can debunk it nonsense. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. You are not the judge of truth just as I am not. I have an opinion different than yours. Many share both your's and mine. Do you think one group is completely right and the other is completely wrong? Logical fallacies rule the day! Emotional investment is the only capital! I'm right because my participation trophy says so! Take a thousand jabs for all I care. I've done lots of diverse research and have come to my own conclusions. I don't stick with 3 groups that profit by their pronouncements. Many of my sources have no dogs in the hunt. All of your's do. That is good enough for me.

That was a long way of saying: I don’t believe in science.

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

As long as it isn't you or yours that gets dusted in the snap, huh.

I'll take one for the team. I get no joy out of being here.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'll take one for the team. I get no joy out of being here.

Dibs on your WH2O.

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No you are very careful not to straight out say anything, but you make multitudes of insinuations and back-handed comments. Oh but doing things in that manner would negate that alpha status you so desperately seek wouldn't it?

Quoted from SadSack:

It's just like I often say... projection is the modus operandi of the gamma male.

Scares you doesn't it, yeah, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

#1343 4 years ago

That was a long way of saying: I don’t believe in science.

Quoted from o-din:

I believe science to be very real. I would never say otherwise.

He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to the "bear" guy, who has stated several times now that there are no facts, only opinions.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He wasn't talking to you

Perhaps, but I believe I had been accused of that earlier in this thread.

I will never doubt the existence of science.

n3mt7xo1fbn01 (resized).jpgn3mt7xo1fbn01 (resized).jpg862d358459ecda9bd7e91c5bfc4726e5 (resized).jpg862d358459ecda9bd7e91c5bfc4726e5 (resized).jpg
#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No you are very careful not to straight out say anything, but you make multitudes of insinuations and back-handed comments. Oh but doing things in that manner would negate that alpha status you so desperately seek wouldn't it?

Scares you doesn't it, yeah, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

I'm a sigma. I have no need for your approval or respect. Please understand the socio-sexual hierarchy before trying to understand others above you, gamma.

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

He didn't demean you; that picture is what most people will think of when grown men call each other "bears." ...

I think when you said "most people", you meant "most queers" (in a non-sexual context, of course).

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Dibs on your WH2O.

It sucks, it has no topper!

#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I get bit by a rattlesnake, I am willing to let them shoot me up with the antidote.

I believe you're more likely to get gonorrhea? What will you do then?

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

I'm believe you're more likely to get gonorrhea? What will you do then?

I suppose I could get a shot of tetracycline, since it already did whatever lifelong damage it could to me when I was younger.

Hopefully.

#1350 4 years ago

Serious question for those of you who think that big pharma makes a ton off of vaccines.

If money is the goal and greed the motive why not let everyone get the flu, polio, measles, etc? Wouldn't big pharma make a lot more money treating serious illness then simply trying to prevent it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 26.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/27?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.