View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 50.
#901 4 years ago

I wonder how much the doctor got paid that snipped the end of my dick off when I was born. Normal procedure....

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well your logic is flawed with that hypocritical piece you just hit us with.

Everything you have said and all your logic is based on you being ignorant of a great deal of required information. Don't listen to me, go find a medical professional you trust and make an informed decision.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Everything you have said and all your logic is based on you being ignorant of a great deal of required information. Don't listen to me, go find a medical professional you trust and make an informed decision.

Lol, im just not as paranoid as you are I suppose..

Either way, who cares. If you are worried, get a vaccine. If not, dont. Doesn't matter to anyone else what anyone does.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder how much the doctor got paid that snipped the end of my dick off when I was born. Normal procedure....

Well how else can Sandra Bullock get her face to look so young? You want to deprive her of baby foreskin blended up youth face serum?
Hater.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know it cost our socialized medical systems ten times as much when a chick ripped that useless piece of skin on a buddy of mines cock in highschool. He spend weeks in hospital with tubes draining out of his dick. When my son was born I paid that bill myself and whispered to my son trust me much better to get this done now and not by a drunk girl in a sexual frenzy in the back of a car. I also know of several young men to get very nasty infections from sporting equipment. This is another one that just get informed and make the decision you feel makes sense for your child.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Well how else can Sandra Bullock get her face to look so young? You want to deprive her of baby foreskin blended up youth face serum?
Hater.

lol nasty! hahaha

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Hater.

Honestly it was never an issue until I took up surfing in the cold water and the little guy tried to tuck back and hide in a place that was no longer there.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, im just not as paranoid as you are I suppose..
Either way, who cares. If you are worried, get a vaccine. If not, dont. Doesn't matter to anyone else what anyone does.

LOL this is the whole point, you have no understanding of the herd mentality. If I get vaccinated and you don't, you may get infected and give that disease a chance to grow and mutate into something stronger. That stronger variation starts to beat the vaccine and we all die. If everyone is vaccinated there is no opportunity for the virus to spread and grow and we are all safe. So every person that doesn't get vaccinated increases the risk to the herd.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

LOL this the whole point, you have no understanding of the herd mentality. If I get vaccinated and you don't, you may get infected and give that disease a chance to grow and mutate into something stronger. That stronger variation starts to beat the vaccine and we all die. If everyone is vaccinated there is no opportunity for the virus to spread and grow and we are all safe. So every person that doesn't get vaccinated increases the risk to the herd.

The herd immunity is a joke. You would need to vaccinate the entire world. Or seperate your "herd" from any visitors. Impossible! Also, what is the worry? If you are vaccinated, you dont get it. Whats the problem?

And you say this stuff but yet dont get vaccinated for the Flu. Sorry, you make no sense.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Doesn't matter to anyone else what anyone does.

For most medical decisions, this is essentially true -- assuming you have any form of insurance everyone else pays slightly higher rates if you skip preventative measures and end up getting hospitalized for something. But in the end it's only money.

With vaccines, most of which are not 100% effective, there's a definite impact on the likelihood of other people getting sick if you don't get vaccinated. Doesn't mean you have to care at all, or view the cost/benefit the same way I do. But the evidence is irrefutable on this point.

Quoted from Darscot:

you have no understanding of the herd mentality

Ahem, I think you meant "herd immunity."

#911 4 years ago

I love to hear all the hysteria and paranoia about vaccines. Its crazy how anti science the world has got - anti-vaccers, climate change deniers, flat earthers etc. I get how someone can think "Well, no one has contracted polio for a while" or "I feel fine and no Doc is injecting me with some concoction" People probably felt the same about germs after they discovered them.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

LOL this is the whole point, you have no understanding of the herd mentality. If I get vaccinated and you don't, you may get infected and give that disease a chance to grow and mutate into something stronger. That stronger variation starts to beat the vaccine and we all die. If everyone is vaccinated there is no opportunity for the virus to spread and grow and we are all safe. So every person that doesn't get vaccinated increases the risk to the herd.

Benjamin Franklin said it best:
"You give up a bit of freedom for a bit of safety, you deserve neither the freedom nor the safety."

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

People probably felt the same about germs after they discovered them.

It would be interesting to know how long it took the non-scientific community to really accept germ theory. "Bad air" had such intuitive appeal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miasma_theory

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Benjamin Franklin said it best:
"You give up a bit of freedom for a bit of safety, you deserve neither the freedom nor the safety."

I'm surprised he never made president as he was one of the best of them. Face on the $100 bill is pretty cool though.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For most medical decisions, this is essentially true -- assuming you have any form of insurance everyone else pays slightly higher rates if you skip preventative measures and end up getting hospitalized for something. But in the end it's only money.
With vaccines, most of which are not 100% effective, there's a definite impact on the likelihood of other people getting sick if you don't get vaccinated. Doesn't mean you have to care at all, or view the cost/benefit the same way I do. But the evidence is irrefutable on this point.

Ahem, I think you meant "herd immunity."

Thats my point. Unless you can vaccinate the entire world, you will never be able to achieve the "herd immunity"...

#917 4 years ago

I believe it because I read it on wikipedia.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm surprised he never made president as he was one of the best of them. Face on the $100 bill is pretty cool though.

Ole Benny Franklin had his problems though. Far far from perfect. But had some great quotes.

#919 4 years ago

I heard he was a real ladies man.

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:Deleted post

climate change subject is VERY politically charged.

#922 4 years ago

Back to the flu. I did have a day or two of sniffles last year.

Nothing compared to when I craned my neck and had to stay on the couch for a whole weekend. I had to use both hands to lift my head up.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

LOL this is the whole point, you have no understanding of the herd mentality...

It's hard to see the fishbowl from the inside..

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I love to hear all the hysteria and paranoia about vaccines. Its crazy how anti science the world has got - anti-vaccers, climate change deniers, flat earthers etc. I get how someone can think "Well, no one has contracted polio for a while" or "I feel fine and no Doc is injecting me with some concoction" People probably felt the same about germs after they discovered them.

Well if we are all gonna die in 10 years anyway then who cares if we get sick and die.

#926 4 years ago

This thread has gone

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#927 4 years ago

Odin, I just found this one today SR-58

This will be the gateway to mandatory adult vacs someday

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SR58

#928 4 years ago

By the time that happens I'll be taking my show on the road.

Not to get political, because I'm not really on any side, but that new governor we have really makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats my point. Unless you can vaccinate the entire world, you will never be able to achieve the "herd immunity"...

The "herd immunity" concept is pretty intuitive if you step back and look at it. Start with the assumption that vaccines are not 100% effective (few things are in this imperfect world), so the best way to protect yourself from disease is to not get exposed to it in the first place. But of course that's impossible unless you lock yourself in your home, since it's often hard to tell who is a carrier. That's where vaccines come in. If you get vaccinated for whooping cough (about 80% effective) that gives you decent protection, but if no one else in your work and social groups is vaccinated and whooping cough sweeps through your region, then you're going to be exposed more, and your vaccine-boosted resistance is going to be repeatedly tested. If most people in your work and social groups are vaccinated, far fewer of them will contract whooping cough, and you'll get much less exposure as a result. And if you happen to contract whooping cough anyway, you'll be far less likely to spread the disease on to others since they've got a higher level of protection from their vaccinations as well.

So "herd immunity" is just a numbers game. Boosting the overall immunity of the "herd" decreases the likelihood of epidemics sweeping through the herd, and decreases any individual within the herd's likelihood of getting sick. No guarantees for any individual, just better odds if we all pull together.

#930 4 years ago

All this theory is great, until bacteria and viruses that keep getting fought with antibiotics and vaccinations mutate into stronger versions of themselves in order to survive.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All this theory is great, until bacteria and viruses that keep getting fought with antibiotics and vaccinations mutate into stronger versions of themselves in order to survive.

Bacteria and viruses always have and always will evolve and mutate. They're just doing their thing. When it comes to bacteria we can make the outcome worse for ourselves in the short run by overusing or misusing antibiotics and antibacterials, breeding "superbugs" that are resistant to our weapons. But until we figure out ways to eradicate them entirely, like smallpox, we're always going to be stuck in an evolutionary arms-race with the little bastards.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm 57 and still haven't ever had my rectum probed.

I thought STI did that to you a few weeks ago? I believe they called it the white glove service

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I totally agree that antibiotics are horrendously over used. They are becoming vastly less effective against bacteria year after year due to over-utilization. That said, the same is not necessarily true with vaccines and viruses.

The more people a virus lives inside of the greater the chance the virus will mutate and evolve...so, the fewer people that become sick with a virus the better as the virus has less opportunity to evolve. That is my amateur understanding anyway.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with doctors. I totally understand your trepidation with that personal negative history.

#934 4 years ago

You can make it a goddamn law if you want to and that just makes me hate and mistrust government more. I wont do it. Ill figure something out.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I totally agree that antibiotics are horrendously over used. They are becoming vastly less effective against bacteria year after year due to over-utilization. That said, the same is not necessarily true with vaccines and viruses.

Tell that to the medical profession that continues to prescribe antibiotics that are useless against viruses anytime someone has the flu or other viral illnesses.

Instead of forcing vaccinations, that should be a much higher priority, but they are doing absolutely nothing about it.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I thought STI did that to you a few weeks ago? I believe they called it the white glove service

Yeah, and I never saw that $75 back either. I gave up.

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tell that to the medical profession that continues to prescribe antibiotics that are useless against viruses anytime someone has the flu or other viral illnesses.
Instead of forcing vaccinations, that should be a much higher priority, but they are doing absolutely nothing about it.

Americans want a pill to solve their problems. They have a headache, they take a pill even though they are bad for their liver. They are fat, they want a pill or a stomach staple instead of going to the gym. Whatever. My wife insists that my kids go to the DR when they get sick. Get a antibiotic regardless of what it is and usually the doc in a box gives them one. They take it for a few days and then don't take them anymore. Or, she will give them something that is left over. I throw them all away to prevent that. They just don't get it.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry you had such a bad experience with doctors. I totally understand your trepidation with that personal negative history.

Thanks for that understanding which is why I get very vocal sometimes, and I sure wish I had parts they took away from me back. It also cost me a whole lot of money as 3 TMJ surgeries were caught between a grey area that neither medical or dental insurance covered.

I had a good surgeon and they did the best they could with a new procedure and made me functional again because in the late 80s thru early 90s I was a serious wreck.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Americans want a pill to solve their problems. They have a headache, they take a pill even though they are bad for their liver. .

I think everyone in the world wants a pill to make their problems go away.

For the headache one, they have something called ibuprofen that doesn't harm the liver.

EDIT: I will tell you that the thing 'Mercians love is the most is thinking that only 'Mericans love a bunch of shit the most.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For the headache one, they have something called ibuprofen that doesn't harm the liver.

I think with my jaw problems I cracked the age old mystery what causes migraines.

#941 4 years ago

Here's an interesting article on the history of "forced" vaccinations and medical treatment in America. Apparently the Supreme Court says you can punish people for refusing to get vaccinated (fines, etc.), but you cannot physically force them to take the shot:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/health/measles-outbreak-vaccinations-brooklyn.html

Sounds like there have been a number of efforts to make vaccinations mandatory over the years, and various backlash against, including the founding of the "Anti-Vaccination League of America" in 1905. Wonder if they're still around?

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For the headache one they have something called ibuprofen that doesn't harm the liver.

I've heard of a home remedy called not drinking so much, but I'd be hesitant to try it.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I've heard of a home remedy called not drinking so much, but I'm hesitant to try it.

Funny, the drinking never gives me a headache and I am almost headache free now. Or at least I don't notice it as much any more. But some of the vertigo and neck stiffness still comes and goes.

They fixed it good enough so I can make it through life being as productive as I need or want to be. Sure in a lot better shape than a lot of people my age.

But have had more needles stuck in my arm and more head x-rays than I can count. And having any part of your head operated on is no real joy. Then your teeth wired shut twice for six weeks I don't wish on anybody. But as you guys can tell, I'm happy as a lark now that the worst is way behind me now.

#944 4 years ago
download (5) (resized).jpgdownload (5) (resized).jpg
#945 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Hater.

Sandra is a sick sob. She laughed about it on Ellen Degenerates show.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Sandra is a sick sob. She laughed about it on Ellen Degenerates show.

Truth in names: Degenerate

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Year ago it was a chicken in every pot.
Now it is a CVS on every street corner shilling for "free" shots.

I hear you. But don't we pay for the "Free" shots via our extremely high health insurance rates. I have heard " Nothing is for free" phrase.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I picture the 80s movie Prophecy. Major toxic dumping creates animal monster hybrid on the attack...

#950 4 years ago

Vaccines can cause injury.....there is a website specifically to track them. The government even put a limit on how much you can sue for if you get injured. If the risk is worth it to you then take the risk. To me, i would rather have the measles/whooping cough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.