View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 50.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Just passed some pretty aggressive laws in Ca. Today. Kids won’t be able to go to school without current shots & they can raid your home and seize your kids due to non compliance.
Mandatory adult vacs. may be around the corner too...

Woa...wait...what? You must be talking about North Korea? Oh that's right, California. Somehow not surprised.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm 57 and still haven't ever had my rectum probed.

This is the saddest post i think I've ever read on here.

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You know, now days you could remedy that quite easily.

Boy that ain't no shit, (well maybe it is) its actually becoming the norm these days.

#854 4 years ago

Hey guys! I just got a flu shot today! I’m super glad to have this shot as it’s helped me not catch the flu since 1999 and no one in my family has caught it recently either!!!! This has been super greeeaaaa.......... *Looks around slowly, sees all the shared conspiracy theories from people that are normally opposed to one another on everything*

70DC866C-BBF4-4C49-99C9-459E2979DEB5.gif70DC866C-BBF4-4C49-99C9-459E2979DEB5.gif

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I just got a flu shot today! I’m super glad to have this shot as it’s helped me not catch the flu since 1999 and no one in my family has caught it either!!!! This has been super greeeaaaa.......... *Looks around, sees all the shared conspiracy theories from people that are normally opposed to one another on everything*
[quoted image]

There are many people that havent had the flu since 99 that haven't had a flu shot also.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey guys! I just got a flu shot today! I’m super glad to have this shot as it’s helped me not catch the flu since 1999 and no one in my family has caught it recently either!!!! This has been super greeeaaaa.......... *Looks around slowly, sees all the shared conspiracy theories from people that are normally opposed to one another on everything*
[quoted image]

I wouldn’t worry, looks like most of the dudes in here enjoy the prick...

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are many people that havent had the flu since 99 that haven't had a flu shot also

I don’t doubt it. Hey, I believe people should make their own minds up about things after careful consideration of all information.

That said, I do also believe in the principal of herd immunity and certainty wish everyone shared my positive experiences with the influenza vaccine. But hey, I get it, it’s a very personal decision and just I because I had the flu six times between 1990 and 1999 and never again since once I started the annual vaccine is not indicative of anything other than my personal experience...and mileage may very with different people and families...

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t doubt it. Hey, I believe people should make their own minds up about things after careful consideration of all information.
That said, I do also believe in the principal of herd immunity and certainty wish everyone shared my positive experiences with the influenza vaccine. But hey, I get it, it’s a very personal decision and just I because I had the flu six times between 1990 and 1999 and never again since once I started the annual vaccine is not indicative of anything other than my personal experience...and mileage may very with different people and families...

I dont fault anyone for getting it but i dont like when people dont respect other people's decision not to get one either. We all have our personal beliefs about flu shots.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is the saddest post i think I've ever read on here.

But I did say it in good cheer.

#860 4 years ago

My Gran lived to 103 and she never had a flu shot. I will take my chances that my Gene Pool is pretty good.
Might buy some shares in this flu thing though a fair amount of fools out there that act like sheep. Easy money.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Might buy some shares in this flu thing though a fair amount of fools out there that act like sheep. Easy money.

Shares of flu and legal weed are certainly worth looking into. Both are on the rise.

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can you send this to [email protected] ? This won’t be here for long. The mods will remove this soon.

Sent mate and the follow up and a black salve Doco that my wife used and it removed a tumor safely.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Plenty of money to be made and dirty deeds going on in pharma (exhibit one: opioids). Vaccines are not a significant money maker though, have to be sold on the cheap so everyone can get them.

Quoted from o-din:

Shares of flu and legal weed are certainly worth looking into. Both are on the rise.

Are you still looking to invest that nest egg?

#864 4 years ago

I used to get some pretty good flu back when I was young working my fingers to the bone long hours trying to think I could get ahead. Haha. Two weeks pneumonia once in the early 90s was the last straw. Didn't take any shots to fix that. Probably built up some pretty good immunity along the way. Hardly a sniffle since.

I learned the mind's number one job is to take care of the body to whatever standard you set for yourself, because nobody else will or gives a shit when you are down. Looking out for number one. We're all gonna die someday anyway.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Plenty of money to be made and dirty deeds going on in pharma (exhibit one: opioids). Vaccines are not a significant money maker though, have to be sold on the cheap so everyone can get them.

Are you still looking to invest that nest egg?

No. they don't make any money off vaccine.. that's why they all want to give it to you free.. escept when you have a baby.. It's $350 a whack 6 times in two years. 2 grand a baby is nothing?

#867 4 years ago

The flu shot is a societal control indicator. Our overlords want to know who believes they are loving care-givers (your daddy) and who believes they are simply exercising raw power. The fucking flu strain is always wrong.. always less than 50% effective, and always credited with working by those who believe Obama or George Bush love them, the AMA and CDC are concerned about poor people and the WHO isn't a veiled eugenics operation.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

The flu shot is a societal control indicator. Our overlords want to know who believes they are loving care-givers (your daddy) and who believes they are simply exercising raw power. The fucking flu strain is always wrong.. always less than 50% effective, and always credited with working by those who believe Obama or George Bush love them, the AMA and CDC are concerned about poor people and the WHO isn't a veiled eugenics operation.

Next you'll be telling us that our government fluoride program isn't because they love us so much as to put a topical treatment into our water supply to have whiter teeth?

#869 4 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vaccine_Injury_Compensation_Program Read this if you think vaccine is "safe". Ask the recipients of the $3.5 BILLION (with a B).

#870 4 years ago

I read that simplyremoving your shoes and washing your hands when you get home drops germs by 85%...

#871 4 years ago

not having children reduces your chance of getting the flu by 97.5%

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

My stepfather got the varicella/shingles vaccine at 84. He's now 88. He's suffered the shingles since just after the shot and is now getting an eyeball removed to stop the pain from the neuropathy caused by shingles. I don't need any of that "protection". Besides, I had the chicken pox so shingles ain't gon' be no thing to me.
Oh, yeah, he never met a shot he didn't want and is in complete denial the shot caused it.

What you do regarding your health is up to you. Nobody else, really. But the reason you get shingles is because the chicken pox immunity wears off in our later years. My doctor recommended the vaccine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/i-thought-the-rashes-were-insect-bites-i-actually-had-shingles-and-it-was-horrible/2019/08/02/d37742bc-99c7-11e9-830a-21b9b36b64ad_story.html

#873 4 years ago

I'm just going to cut to the chase. I was a medical guinea pig when I was a child, some that left permanent damage, and they aint going to fk with me any more.

#874 4 years ago

Remember when it was stated that Samsung tvs and phones were listening and recording you and your whereabouts . Then it actually came out that it indeed was true. I suspect down tbe road that more info will be released stating the negatives of vaccines.

#875 4 years ago

I will add doctors saved my life on more than one occasion, and I know when to go see them, but they sure did a lot of unnecessary shit and damage along the way.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Next you'll be telling us that our government fluoride program isn't because they love us so much as to put a topical treatment into our water supply to have whiter teeth?

Bingo

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just going to cut to the chase. I was a medical guinea pig when I was a child, some that left permanent damage, and they aint going to fk with me any more.

Oooohhhh, so that is what happened.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Oooohhhh, so that is what happened.

I could give you a whole grocery list but the one I've been dealing with my whole adult life and is never going to be right is they put me in a hospital when I was ten and dug four of my permanent bicuspids out of my jaw before they even came in because that was normal procedure at the time. You have no idea how bad that fucked my shit up.

#879 4 years ago

I'll never understand American's and anything to do with health care. Personally I don't get a flu shot because I rarely get the flu and when I do it impacts me for like a day. If I was working around vulnerable people I would get it. My kids got it a few times if they were training or competing during that season. Medicine is not a perfect science and it also not a massive conspiracy.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

What you do regarding your health is up to you. Nobody else, really. But the reason you get shingles is because the chicken pox immunity wears off in our later years. My doctor recommended the vaccine.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/i-thought-the-rashes-were-insect-bites-i-actually-had-shingles-and-it-was-horrible/2019/08/02/d37742bc-99c7-11e9-830a-21b9b36b64ad_story.html

But why get a vaccine for something that wont kill you?

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bullshit. Just look at some of the things the government has done to people. People in Other countries never thought those things would happen to them but it did, in most cases a little at a time. How about some “ common sense gun control”. Nazi Germany did that. Venezuela did that. Look what happened to them. Never trust the government[quoted image]

I hear ya. They already basically force it upon children. They arent allowed to go to schools without the flu shot. Its pretty sad since its only about 40% effective on a good year.

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Top 3 dumbest things typed in this thread...which is pretty impressive really

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Because it can really fuck you up and cause death in vulnerable people. Lots of "minor" diseases cause things like deafness and blindness in unborn babies and serious and even deadly complications in pregnant women.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Top 3 dumbest things typed in this thread...which is pretty impressive really

lol, if you say so but to me, getting a vaccine for something that wont kill you or permanently hurt you is stupid to me...

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Because it can really fuck you up and cause death in vulnerable people. Lots of "minor" diseases cause things like deafness and blindness in unborn babies and serious and even deadly complications in pregnant women.

From what I read, the shingles does none of those things.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well then thats a different story and makes sense then.

I just feel theres a lot of vaccines for things that are unnecessary.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh but it is necessary. For Big Pharma's bottom line....

#888 4 years ago

Year ago it was a chicken in every pot.

Now it is a CVS on every street corner shilling for "free" shots.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

lol, if you say so but to me, getting a vaccine for something that wont kill you or permanently hurt you is stupid to me...

So you wouldn't get a vaccine for herpes or HPV if you could? Or measles so your face doesn't end up pot marked? Or polio so you don't end up crippled?

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So you wouldn't get a vaccine for herpes or HPV if you could? Or measles so your face doesn't end up pot marked? Or polio so you don't end up crippled?

Lol, not at all. Measles is the most overplayed paranoia this year. Back in the day it was normal to get the measles, just like the chicken pox. Its not a big deal.

Polio yes due to crippling and death.

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well your part of an, I got mine fuck you medical system. Countries with socialized medical systems understand that a vaccine may be considered unnecessary on an individual basis are actually massively beneficial for the health of population as a whole. Sure you might brush shingles off like a bad rash but the unborn child of your pregnant neighbor is deaf, blind and suffers chronic pain.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

From what I read, the shingles does none of those things.

Google Zoster Ophthalmicus.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well your part of an, I got mine fuck you medical system. Countries with socialized medical systems understand that a vaccine may be considered unnecessary on an individual basis are actually massively beneficial for the health of population as a whole. Sure you might brush shingles off like a bad rash but the unborn child of your pregnant neighbor is deaf, blind and suffers chronic pain.

The paranoia in you is strong...

And not sure of your stance here. Above you say you dont get the flu shot because you dont get sick but then here you are saying its better for people to get vaccinated? What you said here would apply with you and you not getting the flu shot...

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, not at all. Measles is the most overplayed paranoia this year.
Polio yes due to crippling.

Look up Polio and it's vaccine creation years ago. They aren't telling you the entire story.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2019/07/vaccine-derived-polio-on-the-rise/

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Google Zoster Ophthalmicus.

I deleted that as I was not aware..

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

HPV only causes minor things like cervical cancer in young women, why would anyone consider that necessary.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The paranoia in you is strong...
And not sure of your stance here. Above you say you dont get the flu shot because you dont get sick but then here you are saying its better for people to get vaccinated?

I spend virtually no time around vulnerable groups so I tend not to need flu shots. I sure as shit get vaccinated and I you bet your ass I get my kids vaccinated for things like chicken pox and HPV. Its not the people getting vaccinated that suffer from paranoia.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I spend virtually no time around vulnerable groups so I tend not to need flu shots. I sure as shit get vaccinated and I you bet your ass I get my kids vaccinated for things like chicken pox and HPV. Its not the people getting vaccinated that suffer from paranoia.

Lol, so your logic doesnt apply to the flu, but only to other things... Ummnn ok lol

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, so your logic doesnt apply to the flu, but only to other things... Ummnn ok lol

The difference is my logic based on being informed by medical professionals in a system designed to put health before profit. I don't make decisions on all the stuff I don't know or I am unaware of.

#900 4 years ago

Well your logic is flawed with that hypocritical piece you just hit us with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.