View topic image gallery

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
3mbp20 (resized).jpg
3mbi8o (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
MoonBearPig (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
Charles-Darwin-quote-about-evolution-from-On-The-Origin-of-Species-1a3090 (resized).jpg
178DD1B0-CC39-4FD9-9AA5-B5E56B3F8799 (resized).png
ot-plasticplague-garbagepatchmap (resized).jpg
a-man-is-known-by-the-company-he-keeps (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
bernard (resized).jpeg
3loguy (resized).jpg
big-hunk-4 (resized).jpg
Oprah-Flu-Shot-meme-300x217 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 50.
#601 5 years ago

If you don’t want the flu shot for yourself...how about those who can’t get it or are too sick. Wouldn’t you protect those who are at risk? Sounds selfish to me. You’re contagious 48 hours before showing symptoms.

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If you don’t want the flu shot for yourself...how about those who can’t get it or are too sick. Wouldn’t you protect those who are at risk? Sounds selfish to me. You’re contagious 48 hours before showing symptoms.

People avoid the shot because of possible legitimate side effects and ineffective results at times. Protecting your own health is not being selfish.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

People avoid the shot because of possible legitimate side effects and ineffective results at times. Protecting your own health is not being selfish.

If it’s not your loved ones... maybe...or maybe not. Like I said, selfish.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just like the fact there are no laws in place that would give them the right to experiment on me without my consent.

They save that for military personnel. Then you’re government property. I remember taking non approved, non FDA cleared malaria medication before deploying to Somalia.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

They save that for military personnel. Then you’re government property. I remember taking non approved, non FDA cleared malaria medication before deploying to Somalia.

27F52CC1-86BD-416D-B47C-E85761F90B14 (resized).jpeg27F52CC1-86BD-416D-B47C-E85761F90B14 (resized).jpeg
#606 5 years ago

I don't get flu shots and yes I get the flu sometimes. Come to think of it, I don't know any adults that take flu shots, other than those working in a hospital...

#607 5 years ago

the CDC spins its death by “pneumonia and influenza” statistics. According to the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), “influenza and pneumonia” took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributed to pneumonia and 257 to flu. In only 18 cases was flu virus positively identified.

True? Who knows, just one snippit from the internet. So much information out there that gives cause for concern. I'm sure some of the pneumonia deaths were complications of the flu. Still, lumping the numbers together seems disengenuous.

#609 5 years ago

I am genuinely shocked at the poll results here. 50% don't get the flu shot? I hope that doesn't mean 50% of pinsiders are anti-vax, but seems like a lot are by the comments.

The flu shot is not just about protecting yourself - it protects other people in our lives too. Herd immunity is important - the vaccinated protect other vulnerable people that cannot benefit from a vaccine for whatever reason - they are immunosuppressed and cannot take a shot (chemo, AIDS, too young) or have some other underlying medical condition, permanent or temporary, that prevents them from getting a vaccine.

Here is a comic that explains things pretty well, but google 'measles outbreak' if you want to see real world results of herd immunity problems caused by anti-vaccine foolishness:

https://www.vaccineswork.org/great-cartoon-by-maki-naro-explains-how-vaccines/

#610 5 years ago

I got my shot last night!

#612 5 years ago

It's disappointing to see this being turned into a partisan/political issue. What a lame cop-out.

#613 5 years ago

just don't. it's a flu shot. you both should be kicked ASAP from thread if pinside were at all consistent....if you call someone a right winger I bet you'd get the boot

#614 5 years ago

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I got a flu shot.

Thirty minutes later, my throat was sore. As the day progressed, I felt worse. This morning I woke up with the effects of a full blown flu and feel absolutely lousy.

I understand the reasons why this is but if I had a do over, I would have passed.

#615 5 years ago

I got my first flu shot I over 30 years yesterday. They were free at work, I'm not getting younger and the last time I had the flu was awful. I feel fine today, but we'll see how that goes as the day progresses.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I got a flu shot.
Thirty minutes later, my throat was sore. As the day progressed, I felt worse. This morning I woke up with the effects of a full blown flu and feel absolutely lousy.
I understand the reasons why this is but if I had a do over, I would have passed.

Flu shot is a dead virus and dead virus parts - you can't get sick from it. Flu shots take 1-2 weeks to work. Flu is already circulating right now. You were already sick when you received your shot, but had no symptoms.

If I had flu and blew a hot, gooey, double snot rocket right into your face this morning while you were yawning, you would not get sick this afternoon. The flu takes longer to incubate than that.

#617 5 years ago

#618 5 years ago

The mantra what doesn't kill me "makes me stronger" is in this thread several times as a way to quickly pan the thought of getting a flu shot. That's what the shot does in the first place. It makes your body stronger by giving it a week/dead version to deal with. Id bet money the thought that getting sick from the flu and dying happens to other people but not me. It was probably their thought also

The guy that sits behind me at work has it and is out today because of it. Its proven to help but not 100% effective but I'll take will take those odds and help. It was completely free for us.

#619 5 years ago

Nope.
Even though the family doc and the endo doc always suggest it.

Instead, I keep an industrial sized bottle of Cipro antibiotic handy. With forever refills (what WAS her name, waayy back when??).
Kills bugs and roaches and even Anthrax too.

All I need when I'm feeling a bit 'oft-kilter' with someone else's Passaround Flu germs.

#620 5 years ago

Over use of antibiotics is a separate topic/thread

Quoted from twoplays25c:

Nope.
Instead, I keep an industrial sized bottle of Cipro antibiotic handy. With forever refills (what WAS her name, waayy back when??).
All I need when I'm feeling a bit 'oft-kilter' with someone else's Passaround Flu germs.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Over use of antibiotics is a separate topic/thread

Is there an “I use antibiotics to fight viral infections” thread?

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't remember seeing one.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I find a Z-pak works better than cipro on viral infections

#624 5 years ago

No, more like-

main-qimg-16494dd26b76f1c13dde584c10ba297e-c (resized).jpgmain-qimg-16494dd26b76f1c13dde584c10ba297e-c (resized).jpg
#625 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

HA!

#626 5 years ago

I get mine free from work. My arm was sore...it was a good excuse to pound down ten beers.

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I get mine free from work. My arm was sore...it was a good excuse to pound down ten beers.

Haha, but it was no excuse for the other four!

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, more like-

So, your position is, I think I got it: no to flu shots, no to people that encourage flu shots, AND you don't ever tell people what to do on internet, never infer or elude that a person's position on a subject is wrong, and never ever use even the thinnest of veiled insult/jest/innuendo in your posts. I FINALLY understand it now. Oh, and your feelings are being hurt---and you're TOTALLY serious about that---not manufacturing it at all. I apologize with as much sincerity as there is behind your totally not manufactured outrage. Get a flu shot!!!

#629 5 years ago

I’m genuinely disappointed by the overall amount of science denying/disbelief here.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I’m genuinely disappointed by the overall lack of science denying/disbelief here.

Don't let the ignorant people bring you down.

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Oh, and your feelings are being hurt--

You know what happens when you assume something?

You make an ass out of you not me.

You just won't quit while you're not ahead, will you?

#632 5 years ago

that sounds like an insult but it can't be since you don't do that, right? lol

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't let the ignorant people bring you down.

So those that take steps to keep themselve's healthy without medical assistance are now ignorant? Is that what you are getting at? If so, I think you've got it backwards.

It's statements like these that give us one more reason to not join whatever sheep like herd you and yours would like us to be a part of.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So now those that take steps to keep themselve's healthy without medical assistance are now ignorant? Is that what you are getting at? If so, I think you've got it backwards.
It's statements like these that give us one more reason to not join whatever sheep like herd you and yours would like us to be a part of.

Oh Odin... for someone who preaches about not making assumptions you sure made a whole bunch right there.

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Oh Odin... for someone who preaches about not making assumptions you sure made a whole bunch right there.

Well then please explain who the ignorant people you are referring to are.

There seem to be only two general groups in this thread.

The majority that are not getting flu shots but find themselves under attack of another kind, and the minority that are and are using every tactic they can to convince everyone how ignorant and lame those that don't are.

#636 5 years ago
tiny sad violin (resized).jpgtiny sad violin (resized).jpg
#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So were a lot of Germans in the 1930's....doesn't make it right! Boom!! Nazi reference in a flu thread!!

I think I'll step back a little.

No, this is not Nazi Germany where people were discouraged, scrutinized, and often punished, or even killed for having their own thoughts and making their own decisions of how they went about their day to day lives and business.

Thank goodness we live in a free country, free from dictators, and those kind of persecutions and people that would push us or force us to do things like taking unnecessary medications or shots against our own free will.
iam-wha-057-0659 (1) (resized).jpgiam-wha-057-0659 (1) (resized).jpg

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll step back a little.

Thanks!!

#639 5 years ago

Nichts zu danken

#640 5 years ago

eat healthy lots of fruit and Veg. Vitamin C at night and D in the morning I never get sick.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

eat healthy lots of fruit and Veg. Vitamin C at night and D in the morning I never get sick.

And don't forget to line the toilet seat when using public restrooms.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So those that take steps to keep themselve's healthy without medical assistance are now ignorant?

Sometimes...yes.

Remember that ignorance isn't the same as stupid. Ignorant means "don't know", stupid means incapable of comprehending what should be relatively simple to comprehend.

I understand that many people are ignorant regarding flu shots and immunization in general. That's okay...they can learn. What really bothers me is when people are ignorant and yet still hold strong opinions. Most people are not stupid...but combining ignorance with arrogance is really annoying.

#643 5 years ago

That all makes perfect sense!

Quoted from Astropin:

What really bothers me is when people are ignorant and yet still hold strong opinions. Most people are not stupid...but combining ignorance with arrogance is really annoying.

Yes, there seems to be quite a bit of arrogance and ignorance in regards to what the op asked originally in this thread. He wanted each person's view in regard to their own choice.

Some people have gone way beyond that and have ignorantly and arrogantly tried to make other people's choices for them or insult them with total disregard for their own personal reasons which they may or may not have disclosed.

I was hoping it would go away for the sake of not just myself, but others that have their own reasons, but as of today, it still persists, however ignorant and arrogant it may be.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He wanted each person's view in regard to their own choice.

So, DO you get a seasonal flu shot? And if you've answered and that's the thread's ONLY purpose, why all the drama mama? You should be g o n e baby, audi 5000, hasta la pasta and so forth, no? I hate to see you stay and keep getting hurt by all these vile insults forcing you to clutch your pearls southern style.

Couldn't be here just to steeeer it up could ya? nooooooo. no chance right?

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So, DO you get a seasonal flu shot? And if you've answered and that's the thread's ONLY purpose, why all the drama mama? You should be g o n e baby, audi 5000, hasta la pasta and so forth, no? I hate to see you stay and keep getting hurt by all these vile insults forcing you to clutch your pearls southern style.
Couldn't be here just to steeeer it up could ya? nooooooo. no chance right?

Is there a vaccine for those afflicted by always having to have the last word?

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

With over 40000 posts on Pinside I guarantee O-din will chime right back in

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Probably, but no one in this fucking thread knows aboot it.

BAM!

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

Nope.

Influenza is virus. Antibiotics are for bacteriological infections. Cipro isn't going to help with the flu in any way.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

And don't forget to line the toilet seat when using public restrooms

I haven't shit in a public washroom since I was a young fella. Plus when ur eating right u shit once in the morning and its a log that u could make letters of the alphabet with and not a i either I'm talking G's and Q's.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I haven't shit in a public washroom since I was a young fella. Plus when ur eating right u shit once in the morning and its a log that u could make letters of the alphabet with and not a i either I'm talking G's and Q's.

Lol thats hilarious

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,456 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 50.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-sesonal-flu-shot/page/13?hl=g-bee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.