Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TDK-WPG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you get a colonoscopy?”

• Yes 50 votes
      48%
    • No 30 votes
      29%
    • I get one at the same time I get a flu shot 8 votes
      8%
    • I'll base my decision to get one or not on this poll and how convincing either side of the argument is. 16 votes
      15%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Colonoscopy (resized).jpg
    935830_10200619117054547_4695327_n (resized).jpg
    TBSTFS (resized).png
    pro (resized).jpg
    3mczfp (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoss_Coog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Cologuard makes a lot of sense for those that don't want to use two days of their life, having the prep for a colonoscopy on the first day and then the procedure on day two. Cologuard is only good for people that don't have any previous issues from what I have read.

I don't have a family history of colon cancer so my doctor gave me the choice and I did Cologuard because I'd been putting it off for over a year and I'd get it done much sooner with Cologuard. The way it works is that skin cells in your colon shead and get mixed in with your "poop" and they get tested along with determining if there is any blood in the stool which is also tested. Cologuard is done every 3 years if your test is negative.

When the box arrives, it has a decent sized plastic container with a screw on lid that has a gasket, a bottle of preservative, and a wand that is in a tube of preservative. You "deposit" a sample in the container, scrape the wand over over it to collect a surface sample, and pour the preservative in the container. The wand and container go back into a sealable bag in the box and UPS will deliver to the lab the next day.

The instructions don't tell you, but the sample size must be the same or less than the bottle of preservative. Needless to say, I beamed with pride when they called to say that I'd sent too much. My wife overheard the conversation and was horrified yet laughing her ass off and said, "I always knew that you were full of shit." They sent another kit at no additional charge.

The puns wrote themselves. "Hey honey, I finally have my shit together." "I'm going to pack up my shit and get out of here." "I'm going to drop my shit off at the UPS store."

Here's an overview:

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoss_Coog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-get-a-regular-colonoscopy?tu=Hoss_Coog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.