Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

I wonder why I bother giving any advice!
    So now, I dont, at least I try, until asked.

People use to seek out experience and wisdom from anyone older.....for the Most part,
    us old people know nothing, or my son tells me.

If I have advice that disagrees, Im ridiculed, ignored, or simply told my
    advice is fake.

One, the other day.....Diet Coke can cause weight gain, or health issues.
    Told that was fake. Diet Coke has no negative health possibilities.

Had an email asking the value of a Whitewater.....$3000-$5000 we all know.
    I was told it was worth more than $6K because they saw on ebay.....I was wrong.

Another was an LED debate, via mail...I was told I had no idea what I was talking about.

That was last week, so I give up.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Don't get me started on diet soda. Aspartame is awful stuff.

The Diet coke debate is ongoing with my brother, among others. Sure it is controversial, and articles exist on both sides.
    From my view, there is no denying the 47 milligrams of caffeine, and the variations among people on how they handle the larger sugar molecule. My nephew, 24, has had 3 surgeries for kidney blockages, caused by recrystallized aspartame.
    Not everyone, but kids dropping 12 diet dews a day, no water, seem to be causing an increase in this health issue.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

I don’t think we should stop giving advice if asked but realize that the perceived value is just not what it used to be.

An interesting thought.

I feel sadly, that the 10 second attention span of this next generation is about taking an hour lecture and turning it into 10 second bullet points. Taken out of context, it appears to be "knowledge" and thrown about, as we all see in current events
    and politics. But this isnt wisdom.
    Look at it from Pinball.
    Someone has a problem. The 10 second answer is to send them to Pinwiki.
    The knowledgeable answer, wisdom and experience, has the details, if shared, to troubleshoot and walk them through the problem.
    I often hear in conversation that the links are appreciated, but that one, including myself, doesnt have the experience
    to understand some pinwiki and apply.
    We all can see the wisdom and knowledge in Pins, from the years of experience.
    However, in other aspects of life, we prefer the 10 second answer, and sometimes delude ourselves into its actual value.

In that sense, perhaps your comment of "perceived value" is at its truest.

Afterall, we used to take our advice on love, from putting a penny into a machine....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-wonder-why-bother-giving-pricing-advice-?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.