Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Pintucky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

I've never reset mine, but I'm beginning to think that it might make sense to do so every once in a while. That way, my guests will have a chance to land a high score. As it stands, someone would have to be a pretty darn good to beat my scores. Thus, the average guest doesn't have a prayer. What do you guys think?

#2 13 years ago

If you are going to have a social gathering I think it's better to reset them and let everyone compete anew. Hey ... if you want a record of your all time high score for yourself just take a picture or write it down on a piece of paper you keep inside the machine.

#3 13 years ago

I usually don't on purpose. Have done it on accident a time or two.

#4 13 years ago

I have a white board on the wall behind my pins, so everyone gets a chance to write down their high scores. This lets everyone try to out score eachother rather than just trying to beat my scores. But if they do, they get to put their initials in.

#5 13 years ago

I also have a whiteboard, I only keep the single highest score of all time for each game on the board. I erase the high scores every few months usually and start fresh, that's if I manage to keep the game that long...

#6 13 years ago

I usually reset the scores to give others a chance - but I'll leave the grand champion. I think thats a nice option so people will be all excited to be on the board, yet I don't lose my best score.

#7 13 years ago

I had the same question. Its a great idea to have a whiteboard like erak and tomdotcom have! My pins will restart highscores afret 4,000 plays but i'm not sure I'll let them do that

#8 13 years ago

I only reset them if they're not mine.

#9 13 years ago

The white board is also good if you have to pull the cpu or batteries to repair something. you can always set the scores back in the machine with the glass off if they mean alot to you and you don't want them lost.

#10 13 years ago

The JP resets the high score every 700 plays. It caught me off guard the first time it happened, but I got over it pretty fast. I have all of the high scores on every machine of mine, I put the initials of all the household members on so it doesn't look so sad.

#11 13 years ago

I don't usually reset mine. I tell anyone if they can put their initials on any one of my pins, I will pay them 20 dollars. I used to say 50.....but I couldn't get anyone to go home.

#12 13 years ago

twizz63 HAHAHA good one!

#13 13 years ago

I reset all my games on New Year`s.
    Our whole group does this

I save all the high scores and make a sheet for every year.

#14 13 years ago

"I usually reset the scores to give others a chance - but I'll leave the grand champion. I think that's a nice option so people will be all excited to be on the board, yet I don't lose my best score."

Great idea, I think I am going to reset mine now and then so others can experience the fun of putting their initials in the machines!

#15 13 years ago

I didn't know you could reset all but the Grand Champ. Which menu option do you select?

#16 13 years ago

If it is a modern-era Stern, you can easily find Grand Champion as you go through the Adjustments or Features Menu. It's in one of them, but can't remember which. I see it all the time when I make modifications to my pins. The rest of the high scores are right in that same spot too. Most other machine brands have similar adjustments programs and you should be able to easily find the high scores (usually 4 levels).

I have reset my scores many times to give visitors a chance to experience the fun of putting up their initials. BUT, I ALWAYS leave the Grand Champion score alone. Like a couple of others on this post have already said (and I whole-heartedly agree with!), the best way to do this is always leave the Grand Champion alone but reset all the others. And I leave my Grand Champion score on the original Factory Default. I figure THEY knew what was a decent score to set it at!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-reset-your-high-scores and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.