(Topic ID: 16715)

Do you ever regret it???

By Dr_Spaceman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Just a question to all pinsiders who have given into the dark side and really committed to this hobby. Do you ever regret it?

I am about 4 months in and 2 pins deep. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and I've even learned enough to fix a couple issues. Fixing something is a thrill, but seeing something break is decidedly not cool. I'm now considering jumping off the bridge and picking up two more pins. I am lucky enough that I can afford them right now and I do have the room so I guess the only question for myself is if I'm ready for 2 more. I've got my hands full with 2, but I kind of feel like I need more abuse. Assuming I can get the deal lined up I might pull the trigger. I've caught the bug, but this is madness. This feels like going from casual to serious.

That brings me to my question. I know I'm not the only one who has stood on the cusp of this madness. For those of you who jumped - any regrets???

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

catching the pin-bug is nothing to be ashamed of.
    with that said, find a support group. immediately. your addiction will only grow.

Ha ha! Take this pledge down now. If I do this I am stopping at four.

I know saying this basically guarantees I will break it, but if I do I am committing myself the next day.

#12 11 years ago

Glad to hear the support. This is kind of like alcoholics anonymous except you're all encouraging me to drink. I try to talk about this with my non pinball friends and they only ridicule me. They just don't understand dang it!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from jtimmons:

You are always welcome to stop by my house if you need a fix. lol

Quoted from DougPiranha:

I started 2 years ago and love this hobby. A few of us get together and play at the local establishments and our homes on friday evenings. If your interested let me know.

Wow thanks for the welcome! I'll be sending some PMs as soon as this stupid thing I call a job gives me a minute.

I've been to CP Pinball, the Silver Ballroom, and the Orbit Lounge (first time last week). I talked to Mike at Orbit and you're right he is a real nice guy. He didn't seem to mind me completely bothering him while he tried to work on his WWF. I bought my first machine (Earthshaker) from Chuck at CP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-regret-it?tu=dr_spaceman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.