(Topic ID: 43062)

Do you ever feel like you have to set rules for your gameroom?

By pinmister

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by z28dan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shardian.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

If you don't want kids in there, don't have kids in there. Your choice.

If you want kids in there, then have them in there and drop your own personal Game "communist" at the door and let your inner kid out. So what if you have to vaccum and wipe down your controls afterwards? You just made a lasting memory for some kids. That's priceless.
    If you allow kids and make an oppressive rule list and run around like a british nanny the whole time, be prepared to enjoy your gameroom alone after the first game night.

I have kids, so I make a point not to own anything I'll cry too hard if it gets a little scratch. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

Tapping out a rhythm on controls? Really? I do that all the time while waiting for a ball.

Now if a kid is outright abusive, then absolutely give them a warning. I don't tolerate abusiveness such as punching glass, slamming controls, etc.

#9 11 years ago

In my personal experience, I have to encourage kids and adults to play. Most are scared they will break it.

I guess there's just different mind sets in this hobby. Some folks like to play in solitude. Some like to sometimes just sit and watch others enjoy this fine hobby. I'm in the latter group. Encouraging other folks to enjoy my hard work on these games is what makes it all worth it. I don't really want them for just myself. How boring!

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from redmamanora:

Adults or kids alike: No rings on fingers, no belt buckles, no long fingernails, no eating food or drinks. If you don't like my rules, buy your own machines.

Seriously - you really make people take off their wedding rings and/or belt buckles? I'd get an "emergency call" and leave a Nazi party such as that.

My wife has an Aunt that is nuts like this. When you enter her house, taking your shoes off is NOT good enough. She meets you at the door and hands you a pair of socks...to put over top of your own socks. You are not allowed to sit down until she first lays down a towel. Her daughter - when old enough - moved to the complete and utter opposite end of the lower 48 states. And to top it off, when the lady comes to your house - she's the complete opposite and doesn't show your property even a fraction of the respect she demands of hers.
    I'd hate to live in complete and utter fear of damaging "stuff". Must be a pretty miserable experience. It's just stuff - it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. You'll feel alot better if you just go ahead and put at least one small ding somewhere on each of your games. Get it over with, then get back to enjoying them for what they are - fun games!

Dings are like scars - they remind you that you LIVED. A person with no scars has lived a crappy, boring life. Same with pins. A pin that doesnt have a single ding has lived a crappy, unplayed life.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shardian.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-feel-like-you-have-to-set-rules-for-your-gameroom?tu=shardian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.