(Topic ID: 43062)

Do you ever feel like you have to set rules for your gameroom?

By pinmister

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by z28dan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Do you ever feel like you have to make rules for your game room?

I had my friend over last night and he brought his four children. Ages 3, 8, 11,15. I am pretty anal. I like to keep my stuff tidy and nice. I was trying to enjoy playing-but was distracted by kids running wild. I love kids and enjoy time with them but feel I need to make some rules. So here they are:

Pinmister's Pinball Etiquette

1. When you play a game-finish it-do not leave game after one ball and go onto next.
    2. When you play with partner or someone-you stand and watch partner until game is done for everyone. Instead of moving to next game while partner is still playing.
    3. Only play 1 game per person-These kids kept pushing 4 players-and then would walk away.
    4. Music is bumping-no breakdancing in-between pins. These kids could not stand still
    5. No making couch into trampoline-spewing cushions all over floor to jump on.
    6. Do not touch my Pandora station-trying to change from rock to pop station
    7. Wash hands before playing-after eating greasy pizza,etc.
    8. Do not sit there and play with flippers to music when not using. Kids were playing drum beats with flippers-driving me nuts.
    9. Take off rings or abrasive jewelry when playing machines.

10. ****This is the most important rule: No 'crop-dusting' or blowing ass in gameroom.
    These kids eat pizza and then watch out-you will have to clear the room. I now have a strict policy-no crop-dusting allowed-or your out.***

What rules do you have?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Do you want your game room to be a game room or a museum? If the latter, there is nothing wrong with that, however don't invite kids in. Let it be for adults. You're expecting too much of kids to enter this colorful flashing room full of awesome things that look like toys, then expect them to follow an adult-outlined decorum for the enjoyment of pinball games.

Like I said I am anal. I love kids too though-so I need to either have rules or more patience. I took this video from other thread from Krupa-it cracks me up- every time I watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/P-NgeXl-PPA?autoplay=1&rel=0deo

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

Couch? You obviously don't have enough pinball machines.

Its funny you said that-Foosball has to go-couch is next to go-for next wall. The pins will take over

Guys again-I have two children. Having children is the best thing I have ever done. I like wayout440 suggestion-have time for kids and have time for adults. It was hard trying to concentrate on Avengers last night while kid is doing breakdance flips out of corner of my eye. My home is not a museum but I really respect my stuff and am anal. I am the same way with my cars and motorcycles-its inherited I guess.

#26 11 years ago

My wife thinks I am crazy-She says how can you have all that cool stuff and try and tell kids to respect it. Well some of my points I guess are for example-Star Trek -if left alone-times out-automatically continues play-this is very annoying when you are trying to play a pin a few pins down the row. My new $7000 Avengers in Baby Blue shows every scratch on lift bar-because of color and powder coating-I would like to minimize scratches-is that crazy? I guess with the amount of time I spent looking for collector quality machines-I want to try and keep them tip-top. A few rules in my opinion-will go a long way. Like AkumaZeto said it is about educating your children to be respectful-there is no reason they cannot be respectful and have fun at same time?

#59 11 years ago

Here is another funny video clip about not touching stuff-hilarious...

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We set pizza boxes on a machine last night and used it as a buffet table. OMG THE HORROR.

Ahhhhhh! My OCD is kicking in-I am grabbing my windex and paper towels now-thanks a lot-lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-ever-feel-like-you-have-to-set-rules-for-your-gameroom?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.