(Topic ID: 16348)

Do you do it with the lights on or off?

By shadowflame

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Play pinball that is..

I tend to play it with the lights on, but last night when I got "Pass/Yield" Mode going on my Mario Andretti machine I turned the lights off because of all the pretty flashers flashing..

and on a side note, hardest ramp shot to make? I only have one machine but the ramp on it is VERY difficult to make. It is way at the top left and on a steep incline, not to mention usually obstructed by the spinning cars..

#2 11 years ago

For me it has always depended on the machine. Spider-Man, Cyclone, Police Force were lights out. Last Action Hero and I'm guessing Baywatch when I get it home, will be lights on.

Last Action Hero was pretty much unplayable in a room with the lights out. The GI flashing were quite seizure inducing. Baywatch looks to be the same way.

I've heard this is a common thing with Data East games. When multiball is ready....the game really lets you know about it.

#3 11 years ago

i usually have the lights dimmed down, except on Afm with that strobe light multiball i have to have the light out for that

#4 11 years ago

For me it depends...I like to play with the lights off...hubby likes to play with the lights on...
    So I usually end up playing with lights on, because I'm playing with hubby!!
    What Dug says about Baywatch is true!! but it looks sooo cool with all the COOL lights!! on!!

Phoebe

#5 11 years ago

I turn the main lights off and then have a small lamp on that casts a slight glow over the machine but still alows the GI to look amazing...great lightshow on NGG

#6 11 years ago

On, unless she's a widebody. OH!

#7 11 years ago

"Off" for me.

#8 11 years ago

I like complete darkness so I can enjoy the lights in the pin.

#9 11 years ago

Dimmers all the way....can then add or minus as much light as you want to customize playing conditions for any machine.

They gonna be a must install in my gameroom build.

#10 11 years ago

I currently use black and orange lights....gives everything a neat effect and it's just plain fun!

#11 11 years ago

Dim or off

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

The GI flashing were quite seizure inducing. Baywatch looks to be the same way.

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

What Dug says about Baywatch is true!! but it looks sooo cool with all the COOL lights!! on!!

+1

I have to have some light on in the room where BW is set up. Totally dark it is hard to fallow the ball, especially with a few LEDs here and there.

#14 11 years ago

Lights on and blinds open so everyone can see.

Oh wait, what were we talking about?

#16 11 years ago

off... oh you mean when playing pin?
    i allways play with the lights on. but not much light. just enough to see the ball clearly

#17 11 years ago

Dimmer all the way down for me. Wife likes it bright.
    Playing in the dark will quickly tell you if you have installed the right LEDs in a machine.
    Most cool arcades in the early 80's were dim or had black lights or neon.

#18 11 years ago

Dim it nice and looooowwwww.....

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #20 11 years ago

lights out and butt naked! its total freedom baby!

#21 11 years ago

Lights out!

#22 11 years ago

Lights off. Only the light of my games.

#25 11 years ago

Dimmed.
    Fully off would get hard on the eyes... especially with some LEDs or with darker playfields like my MM.

#26 11 years ago

Lights on. I can't stand having to strugle to see the ball. Damn I'm getting old.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #29 11 years ago

Lights dimmed, but not out; best of both worlds. You get to see the great light show as it was intended, but it's easier to see the ball as you play. After all, these games were built for dimly lit arcades, so dim lighting is the pinball machine's natural environment.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-do-it-with-the-lights-on-or-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.