• I'm half there 14 votes
    13%

(107 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
6E2D07F9-CCB0-49E2-B19F-8910B4F4340E (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I just turned 40 and have always been pretty physcially fit. I wakeboard at a relatively high level, so I need to stay in decent shape to do so. I usually work out 6 days a week. I am pretty old school and I am in the middle of a round of P90X right now. I can do close to 140 pull ups in the legs and back do, so I am crushing it pretty good right now.
Diet is another story. I do well during the week but weekends are tough. I have little kids and a stressful job so I indulge in wine a bit more than I should.

P90X is the best workout ever. I started doing 10 years ago when I was 47 and was in the best shape of my life. I'm almost 60 now and still do manage to do a lot of it to keep in shape. I can still do 50 pushups straight.

#22 5 years ago

I know it is old school but it is proven. I mix up the routines. When I eat spot on and do the program the results are amazing. Since I just turned 40 I am on mission to push it and see if I can get in the best shape ever. I know Father Time is undefeated but, I still think I am young enough to push it.</blockquote
I did Power 90 first and P90X came out shortly 11 years ago. When I started P90X I could do maybe 3 under hand pullups in a row. When I was done I lost like 20 pounds and could do 27 pullups. I can still do 10 at 59 . You lose strength in your late 50's for sure.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My consistency has not always been great. I usually do a round of P90X and then take off a couple weeks but I am ussually wakeboarding or running even when not doing the program. I just finished AB Ripper and off to chest and back right now.
Problem is the diet I have a lot of stress so find myself sharing a bottle of wine with my wife a couple times a week. I am 5-9 165 but really need to get down below 160 to be super solid.

There is no way you can do P90X consistently. I did it for the 90 days and after that but after a while it really got my joints hurting. I just do a couple of the workouts a week. I still do a total of 160 pushups in one of them at 59 years old.I also go for a 5 mile walk once a week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-do-it-3-times-a-week-?tu=jhanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.