• I'm half there 14 votes
    13%

(107 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
6E2D07F9-CCB0-49E2-B19F-8910B4F4340E (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

This is something I have strong feelings about! I have always been good about exercising as I walk a lot and run through the local hills which I actively like.

For me it was about diet I always ate what I thought was a healthy low fat, high carb, diet. A bit over a year ago at 47 I got all kinds of bad blood test results back, borderline type 2 diabetic and high cholesterol and my BP was too high. This was despite running 4 times a week and not really being overweight (my BMI was just below it but only just). They wanted me to start taking all kinds of drugs.

Turns out I don't process carbs well. I cut back big time on carbs (I rarely eat grains, sugar or starches now), all my blood tests and BP are totally normal without any drugs and I weigh what I did when I was 21 years old and doing a lot of cycling. I feel great. I still run regularly but can run faster and longer then a year or two ago. What has really blown me away is that I eat a lot more fat than I used to (nuts, avocado and dairy mostly) but my cholesterol has fallen way down.

My personal view is that there is not a single best diet for people out there and that we are all different. If you get to the stage where they want to start you on a bunch of drugs think carefully about what you are eating and think about changing things up it sure made a difference for me!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

All fresh nothing out of a box,can or freezer. Nothing buttered,salted or fried.
[quoted image]

Looks similar to what I eat but I don't hold back on the butter, salt or meat. Not much beer for me these days though as it is liquid bread, spirits and wine are OK though! I'm actually getting close to having a six pack which is short of a shocker for me given I turn 49 in a few days! I have never had one before. I need to do more core work but I don't particularly like it while I do like running and some other things I do. I'm thinking I need to make a big push for the next 6 months and see how I do!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-do-it-3-times-a-week-?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.