• I'm half there 14 votes
    13%

(107 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
6E2D07F9-CCB0-49E2-B19F-8910B4F4340E (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Reading through the "flu shot" thread gets me a little fired up as I'm a firm believer that decent diet and just some exercise would prevent much of what ails us. I'm not saying it's a cure all, can prevent Polio, or bring world peace, so please don't insinuate that. I'm merely suggesting our bodies, the incredible machines that they are, could probably prevent much of our reliance upon drugs/medicine, and in general allow us to lead a much healthier life.

So the question is simple, do you eat OK, or are you a fast food regular? Do you take a walk, jog, do some sort of exercise or sport at least 3 times a week?

For the record, I'm a sucker for chocolate and rarely pass up a good loaf of bread, but it's not my daily routine. I shoot for 30 minutes of activity every other day. I eat my veggies when I can, choose fruit over processed treats every 3rd round or so. I'm not even close to a routine that is ideal, but I know I feel better when I make these choices.

Let's see where Pinside stands.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I just turned 40 and have always been pretty physcially fit. I wakeboard at a relatively high level, so I need to stay in decent shape to do so. I usually work out 6 days a week. I am pretty old school and I am in the middle of a round of P90X right now. I can do close to 140 pull ups in the legs and back do, so I am crushing it pretty good right now.
Diet is another story. I do well during the week but weekends are tough. I have little kids and a stressful job so I indulge in wine a bit more than I should.

OOF, that P90X is killer! Good on you! 140 pull ups? Holy Shit! That is awesome!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I poop roughly 3x per week.

Hmmm, I wonder if that is healthy? Clockwork, or sporadic? Tell me more!

Seriously though, is that healthy?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

No. I am on pinside much more than 3 times a week.

Funny you mention that, I find that Pinside does incur a certain level of inactivity. I should start reading Pinside during my elliptical days.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I live in an amazingly walkable city and I don't have a car, so I get plenty of that in, but I also eat like a horse and, while it doesn't bother me, it's extremely obvious. I do eat loads of vegetables, though. My old coworkers were on constant weirdo yo-yo diets because they couldn't bring themselves to just, you know, bake some broccoli, and in my four years there I don't think either of them consistently lost a single pound.

I have a few people I know that do the same. They look great for a few weeks (comparatively), then it is back to the same old, and they usually end up heavier than before. If you're putting in the steps, that's terrific. And vegetables are great if you tend to overeat.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from NovaPin:

Health is super important people!!

Yup. I find it is the thing I tend to let go first. Trying to change that as I get older.

#24 5 years ago

Sounds as if many people are trying, and that is terrific!

Mt. Bike steep trail, well, for me that would be stairs instead of elevator or escalator. Every little bit counts.

#37 5 years ago

With the cold weather coming this is inspiring me to up my weekly input of exercise and lower my food intake. Although I'm finding myself eating more than usual. ... body telling me winter is coming?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-do-it-3-times-a-week-?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.