Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TOK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WIN_20181201_07_46_15_Pro (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8465E427-6A03-46CE-9ECE-1716323EF710 (resized).jpeg
    506CF971-163C-4F79-A27B-CF1064E56A89 (resized).jpeg
    AEF24C49-2D04-4F03-83F9-5182827E3B6A (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

It's kind of a bitch getting the back part so it's even shoulder to shoulder isn't it?

#2 5 years ago

Oh. You mean on top of your head.

Put me down for a no, then.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

I was in a foreign prison for silly reasons. When I got out, I had lice and shaved my head with a straight razor.

#4 5 years ago

More tame than I thought. . .

I thought for sure it was going to be along the lines of "Do you wipe your own a**?"

#5 5 years ago

Its a breeze with one of these!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 5 years ago

beat me to that by a

#7 5 years ago

Occasionally I'll pony up and go have one of those pretty girls do it at a Sport Cuts so she can rub my scalp.

But usually I cut mine once or twice a year whether it needs it or not. It usually turns out OK from years of watching them do it, but as mentioned getting the back part is kind of tough.

One time I really messed up so I just kept cutting it shorter and shorter and finally just shaved it bald. I honestly don't care to walk around with a cold scalp, so I am more careful now.

#8 5 years ago

For sure...I don;t trust anyone else touching my hair

#9 5 years ago

In all honesty I usually go to one of those chain places -- Crooked Clips I call it cause that's usually how it looks when I leave.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's kind of a bitch getting the back part so it's even shoulder to shoulder isn't it?

Mullett takes care of that right now

#11 5 years ago

Never tried it but using a #0 all over will get the job done and save you about $20 every six weeks.

#12 5 years ago

My great niece got her hair caught in the intake side of a leaf blower recently
    Does that count?

Chunk of hair had to be cut away and a concussion
    She's ok
    Kids are resilient

#14 5 years ago

I do cut my own hair. I just use a #5 all over and my wife trims up the back.

#15 5 years ago

I used to, but I imagine that was part of the reason I was single for so long

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just use a #5 all over and my wife trims up the back.

Finally somebody gives me a good reason to have a wife.

#18 5 years ago

I have my hair professionally done. I know. I know. First world problems

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, the cut and the trim

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I could give you a ton of reasons, but you wouldn't believe me.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I was in a foreign prison for silly reasons...

That deserves a thread all by itself...

#23 5 years ago

I cut my kids hair all the time .... Never had any problems.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #24 5 years ago
    AEF24C49-2D04-4F03-83F9-5182827E3B6A (resized).jpegAEF24C49-2D04-4F03-83F9-5182827E3B6A (resized).jpeg
    #25 5 years ago

I’ve cut my own hair once a month for 25 years. Let’s do the math on how much I have saved.......(20x12)25 = $6000. Not bad!

#26 5 years ago

My wife has cut mine for almost 40 years.

#27 5 years ago

I get my wife to cut my hair and a few other things I won't mention here.

#28 5 years ago

Easy with one of these

506CF971-163C-4F79-A27B-CF1064E56A89 (resized).jpeg506CF971-163C-4F79-A27B-CF1064E56A89 (resized).jpeg
    #29 5 years ago

Haven’t had a true haircut in a decade.

8465E427-6A03-46CE-9ECE-1716323EF710 (resized).jpeg8465E427-6A03-46CE-9ECE-1716323EF710 (resized).jpeg
    #30 5 years ago

Not the ones the general public sees, no. All others are maintained "in house''.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Haven’t had a true haircut in a decade

I'm with this guy. Half ass bald already, I either shave it or let it grow and when I am ready the electric shears come out. And no, I do not use them for the lower regions!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I do cut my own hair. I just use a #5 all over and my wife trims up the back

Pretty much sums it up for me, hehe

#33 5 years ago

My wife has cut my hair for years. I can't remember the last time I paid for a haircut.

#34 5 years ago

Been cutting and highlighting my own hair for about 5 years now (used to cost ~$120 a visit). After the guy I trusted disappeared, I got an awful cut by the next two stylist attempts, so I gave up and figured out how to do it myself (seems few have any idea how to cut shaggy/mid-length hair--if this were the 70s, I'd have no issue). Have had better results ever since, and can't guess at how much time and money I've saved overall.

#35 5 years ago

Yes and the $$ I save goes to pinball

#36 5 years ago

On sale today on Amazon....$23

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #37 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I’ve cut my own hair once a month for 25 years. Let’s do the math on how much I have saved.......(20x12)25 = $6000. Not bad!

Was a haircut $20 in 1993?

#38 5 years ago

I do and haven't paid for a haircut for 15 years. My bald friends hate me for using the Whal

#39 5 years ago

Have cut my own hair for going on 25 years now. Every month with a #1 clipper attachment. Gets a bit cool in the winter

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

My wife has cut my hair for years. I can't remember the last time I paid for a haircut.

Same. The money saved has literally paid for several pinball machines.

$150.06 is the average a person spends a year on haircuts!!

#42 5 years ago

Yes, 5 to 1 fade with a Wahl trimmer similar to the one posted above. When I was paying to get it done, it'd look good for 3 weeks then start looking raggedy.
    I got it cut one last time like 7 or 8 months ago and have just maintained that cut with weekly trims. I was freaking out a little the first time and it took like 40 minutes, I do it in less than 10 minutes now.

#43 5 years ago

yeah i cut my own hair when i am just doing a short cut. Wahl trimmer.

problem is sometimes i miss a spot in the back and i don't realize it. Last time it looked like i was starting a rat tail.

#44 5 years ago

I could use a haircut.
    Next time I am in the OC O-din
    I might have you do the job.

WIN_20181201_07_46_15_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20181201_07_46_15_Pro (resized).jpg

remember the camera adds 10 pounds

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thats what rat tails are for.

#46 5 years ago

My wife just grabbed me a new Wahl at Costco for xmas. They had a deal with the big trimmer, small trimmer, and a bunch of extras for $20. That'll last me another 10 years.

#47 5 years ago

Wahl trimmer with #4 attachment and my wife finishes up where I can't see.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

On sale today on Amazon....$23

Great idea. Mine are all black which makes it hard to find the above mentioned #4 attachment so I leave it attached to the trimmer.

#48 5 years ago

You've gotta be a really cheap sob to not use a barber, assuming you have some hair on your head that needs to be trimmed.

#49 5 years ago

It's the freedom and convenience of not having to brush or comb a buzz cut. Not the cost of getting it cut. I love it.

#50 5 years ago

My beard is also very closely trimmed so it matches my cut.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-cut-your-own-hair?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.