(Topic ID: 215880)

Do you cut your own Grass? Poll Attached!

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 407 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How is your yard care handled?”

• Yep, Its all on me. 646 votes
      75%
    • No, I do well and that is what the hired help is for. 190 votes
      22%
    • I moved to a condo/apartment to avoid such chores. 15 votes
      2%
    • Grass? What is that? I live in the desert. 14 votes
      2%

(865 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7495C728-1101-4B44-82FC-A589234DEE15 (resized).png
    34F982FE-D279-415F-8748-3A9435819110 (resized).jpeg
    940D6877-E1AF-4B45-8F2F-C16C6C547696 (resized).jpeg
    F436FD3B-B360-4A78-9791-6F14A8CCB65D (resized).jpeg
    5J5A1022 (resized).JPG
    20190615_104620 (resized).jpg
    41EC9094-0A10-4CD4-87F4-A5FC40766A18 (resized).jpeg
    2241F15C-2347-4A06-BAC3-9ACBEA299C73 (resized).jpeg
    5J5A9019 (resized).JPG
    5J5A3169 (resized).JPG
    5J5A3171 (resized).JPG
    20180914_191857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180719_232509261 (resized).jpg
    5J5A0466 (resized).JPG
    Riding Mower Wheelie (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I love riding the mower around and cutting the grass. So much so that I cut the common area in the neighborhood. They give me $75/hr. (I'd have done it for free.)

For that I would close my business and mow grass

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm wondering if the HOA fees are nuts? If they pay $75/hr to cut grass, what are they paying for all their other maintenance items?

I have never seen a HOA that wasn't a total PITA. Mine sends their kids around saying they are looking for a lost dog while they are really looking for something to send a letter about. They were demanding that anyone who had a cracked driveway have it fixed because someone in the HOA made a deal with a driveway company. If someone got a new driveway and it wasn't through their buddy they would look to see if the company pulled a permit to get them in trouble. If there was something they could find out of code they would turn them in to the city, say some had a smooth transition from the street to the driveway where the city requires a lip, yep redo. I shorted them 10 bucks last year and they turned it in to a lawyer and it cost me 700 bucks. Fucking assholes. everyone hates them but no one will go to the meetings and say anything because they are afraid of them.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Besides, I drink too much to risk living somewhere where the houses all look the same. Wind up in the wrong basement and there's no pins.

LOL, I had a drunk kid walk in my door and run up the stairs where my grand daughter was sleeping. I grabbed the tactical shotgun behind the door and turned to go upstairs and he was coming back down. I pulled the shotgun up to my shoulder but didn't aim it at him nor did I have my finger on the trigger. The kid just about shit himself. It turned out that he thought he was at a friends house who told him to come on in and head upstairs. He was so hammered he went to the wrong house. Instead of letting him drive to the right house I took him as he had no business driving.

1 week later
    #274 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If i seen that at my house it would be up for sale the next day! Reptiles scare the shit out of me!

Pussy. I guess the only snakes you have there in Cali are the politicians.

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im in Ohio, and i dont even like the black snakes or garter snakes that we have, and yes im a pussy when it comes to snakes. I scream and run like a little girl, not even afraid to admit it at all. Id rather have Connor McGregor chasing after me than a snake, even a non poisenous one!

You are funny dude. I guess you wouldn't have liked my Burmese Python I had as a pet when I was in college. My wife sure didn't. I know lots of people who say the only good snake is a dead one. You don't like reptiles at all? I guess you don't want to live in Florida then. I would pay to see a grown man running from a snake. Take care.

#288 5 years ago

The snake had to go away when my now wife came into my apartment and ran to the bathroom and it was playing in the toilet. She came out and said either the snake was gone or she was. Queue the " I should have kept the snake" comment but Ill skip it.

Since I'm telling stories again Ill tell this one. I was driving home taking the back roads on the MC and I saw a snake on the side of the road so I stopped to see what it was. When I walked towards it it slithered off into the weeds so I chased after it. Well it saw me before I saw it and it was a huge cottonmouth and it chased me back out to the street. Im running from this thing like a crazy person with this snake at my heels and as Im running this woman that was stopped at a stop sign and was watching the whole thing had stopped and got out of the car was laughing to the point of hysterics at me and my predicament. Luckily the damn snake gave up because I wasn't going to outrun it.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant say i blame your wife at all. She should have bashed you in the head with an iron skillet also to see if she could knock some sense into you!

He was only 5 feet long. Just a baby.

#292 5 years ago

I would have so much fun hiding fake snakes where you could find them. That would be my main source of entertainment.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that would be funny for sure. Just make damn sure they are fake ones though because if you ever slipped a real one in on me i would be coming after your ass! Lol. The only thing that would save you is if you are holding a snake, then i wont come anywhere near you lol.

When I was a kid I had a baby boa in my shirt pocket at a car auction. I didn't realize that its head was poking out a guy saw it as he walked by and it scared him so bad he turned and ran and he ran into a car and knocked himself out. Funny shit right there.

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I smoke a joint before mowing my two acres. Then I pretend I'm Annihilus piloting the Harvester of Sorrow leading the Annihilation Wave eating up and destroying a planet. Fluffy dandelions are cloud cities being utterly destroyed; clusters of weeds are highly populated areas; moths and flying bugs are the Nova Corps attempting in vain to thwart my progress and evacuate the population.
    The tall grass along the edges of the fence is where the alien population is attempting to flee to. They think they are safe along the border since they are just out of reach of the Harvester of Sorrow's death blades. And they are....until Galactus the Weed Wacker arrives to finish their destruction.
    Then next week the Annihilation Wave opens a wormhole to another planet teaming with sentient life to destroy and convert all matter into cosmic food to feed the hive.

Must be some good shit

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-cut-your-own-grass-poll-attached?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.