(Topic ID: 215880)

Do you cut your own Grass? Poll Attached!

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 407 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How is your yard care handled?”

• Yep, Its all on me. 646 votes
      75%
    • No, I do well and that is what the hired help is for. 190 votes
      22%
    • I moved to a condo/apartment to avoid such chores. 15 votes
      2%
    • Grass? What is that? I live in the desert. 14 votes
      2%

(865 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7495C728-1101-4B44-82FC-A589234DEE15 (resized).png
    34F982FE-D279-415F-8748-3A9435819110 (resized).jpeg
    940D6877-E1AF-4B45-8F2F-C16C6C547696 (resized).jpeg
    F436FD3B-B360-4A78-9791-6F14A8CCB65D (resized).jpeg
    5J5A1022 (resized).JPG
    20190615_104620 (resized).jpg
    41EC9094-0A10-4CD4-87F4-A5FC40766A18 (resized).jpeg
    2241F15C-2347-4A06-BAC3-9ACBEA299C73 (resized).jpeg
    5J5A9019 (resized).JPG
    5J5A3169 (resized).JPG
    5J5A3171 (resized).JPG
    20180914_191857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180719_232509261 (resized).jpg
    5J5A0466 (resized).JPG
    Riding Mower Wheelie (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I thoroughly enjoy my garden and growing flowers, edibles, etc.
    I hate this whole lawn mowing concept.
    Ive been mowing lawns for 45 years! Id prefer if I could at least eat, display, or smoke the cuttings!
    (I have tried many other ground covers)

They have this artificial grass I looked at that is freaking amazing. It was $$$$ though but we visited some yards where it had been installed and it looks amazing.

I used to mow my own yard but then my kids were born. I decided I would rather spend saturday morning playing with them than doing yard work, so I started paying someone.

I think that is all about to change though. We are having a landscaper come in May to regrade the yard, change some stuff around and do new sod. Now that the kids are older I think I'll use the opportunity to switch back to doing it ourselves and teach them how to take care of a yard (once I learn again).

#123 5 years ago

Looking good blondetall! Jealous of your greenhouse!

#139 5 years ago

Need to get some cinder blocks to put those on.

Here is my disaster right now, we had a 900 sq. ft. deck taken out and the pool is being removed this week.

yard (resized).jpgyard (resized).jpg

We have a big drainage problem that the last owner introduced with the deck and the pool and the crappy grading they did on the yard.

flooding (resized).jpgflooding (resized).jpg

#216 5 years ago

What, none of you race your mowers?

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That looks like it would be a blast! You could probably build one of those for about the cost of a new pinball machine i bet?

Even cheaper. They are regularly traded and sold on the Facebook marketplace around here.

#258 5 years ago

The RC mower is great!!

1 week later
    #281 5 years ago

This just happened here in SC:

Floridians are probably used to this as well.

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I smoke a joint before mowing my two acres. Then I pretend I'm Annihilus piloting the Harvester of Sorrow leading the Annihilation Wave eating up and destroying a planet. Fluffy dandelions are cloud cities being utterly destroyed; clusters of weeds are highly populated areas; moths and flying bugs are the Nova Corps attempting in vain to thwart my progress and evacuate the population.
    The tall grass along the edges of the fence is where the alien population is attempting to flee to. They think they are safe along the border since they are just out of reach of the Harvester of Sorrow's death blades. And they are....until Galactus the Weed Wacker arrives to finish their destruction.
    Then next week the Annihilation Wave opens a wormhole to another planet teaming with sentient life to destroy and convert all matter into cosmic food to feed the hive.

I like how you think.

3 weeks later
    #330 5 years ago

Landscaper stopped by today to confirm the plan and is dropping off all the rock and sod this afternoon.

With any luck I'll be mowing my own grass in a couple of weeks.

#333 5 years ago

Look at all this beautiful new grass to cut. Delivered this morning, being installed in a bit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #334 5 years ago

I need some advice on picking up a reasonably priced walk behind mower. Suggestions?

#337 5 years ago

Ended up picking up a Troy-Bilt mower from Lowes with a Honda engine. I got 20% off the $300 price, so I couldn't turn that down. It'll get me started with my yard and we can graduate to something else if need be.

#339 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Congratulations on the new yard! Looks like you will be mowing in no time.
    Came in to cool down after finishing the yard here. Halfway thru my main mowing deck went down -- luckily I have a backup.

Posted the update from yesterday in the other grass thread, but forgot here.

They got everything done late yesterday, with a few things to come back and tweak.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #344 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Basic ear protection

I've got a few pairs of those same ear protectors, good stuff for the price.

4 months later
    #374 5 years ago

Hahahaha, that thing is sick!!

Our mowing is winding down here too, grass is starting to go dormant. Maybe one or two mows at most left.

Our yard is small enough to rake and bag leaves, but I think I'm going to buy a leaf vacuum for this fall.

2 months later
    #380 5 years ago

Hah! It was in the 70s here today and I actually mowed today to get up the last of the leaves and the sprigs of grass that haven't gone dormant.

1 month later
    #388 5 years ago

It's starting to be weed & feed time here. Grass is greening up nicely and starting to get some emergent weeds.

Spread mine this morning while the dew was still out.

Got some problem areas up front to deal with once the weeds are dead and cleared out. Going to have to overseed/patch a little.

3 months later
    #391 4 years ago

Proud of myself for not killing the new lawn for one year.

20190615_104620 (resized).jpg20190615_104620 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-cut-your-own-grass-poll-attached?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.