(Topic ID: 215880)

Do you cut your own Grass? Poll Attached!

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 407 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How is your yard care handled?”

• Yep, Its all on me. 646 votes
      75%
    • No, I do well and that is what the hired help is for. 190 votes
      22%
    • I moved to a condo/apartment to avoid such chores. 15 votes
      2%
    • Grass? What is that? I live in the desert. 14 votes
      2%

(865 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7495C728-1101-4B44-82FC-A589234DEE15 (resized).png
    34F982FE-D279-415F-8748-3A9435819110 (resized).jpeg
    940D6877-E1AF-4B45-8F2F-C16C6C547696 (resized).jpeg
    F436FD3B-B360-4A78-9791-6F14A8CCB65D (resized).jpeg
    5J5A1022 (resized).JPG
    20190615_104620 (resized).jpg
    41EC9094-0A10-4CD4-87F4-A5FC40766A18 (resized).jpeg
    2241F15C-2347-4A06-BAC3-9ACBEA299C73 (resized).jpeg
    5J5A9019 (resized).JPG
    5J5A3169 (resized).JPG
    5J5A3171 (resized).JPG
    20180914_191857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180719_232509261 (resized).jpg
    5J5A0466 (resized).JPG
    Riding Mower Wheelie (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 5 years ago

I mow about 1.2 acres with a John Deere D170 (54 inch deck), string trim and blow and it takes ma about 2 hours total once per week. I would hang my head in shame if I had my wife doing this. On the flip side she will burn a hole through my skull if I dare touch the dishwasher or laundry. Seriously! That being said, I once found myself in a position where it was impossible for me to mow for a few weeks. I got a price from the crew I saw doing my neighbor's spot. Quoted me $150. So that's 75/hr if I do it myself. I left it grow tall that time because I refuse to believe its worth that much money. I wish I knew where some of the guys are getting their prices from I see in this topic. Everyone where I live charges stupid high prices for everything.

1 month later
    #354 5 years ago

You can even get a DUI on a horse.
    I have a property that I use for work. On that property I use a 1996 Craftsman 42" rider I inherited from my brother in law in 2008. At the time it wouldn't run. I took apart the carb and cleaned it. Then put in a spark plug and I haven't had an issue with the engine since. The list of repairs and such since then have been:
    repaired torn seat cover
    replaced drive belt twice
    changed deck belts at least once per season as no one makes quality ones, I recently got a Gates brand belt and have my fingers crossed
    replaced the deck with a new one
    replaced starter
    new rear tires
    replaced steering gear last year
    new steering rack/front axle this year
    several deck spindles until I finally realized the back yard is too rough to mow anything but on highest setting
    new blades
    replaced lift arm for deck
    front tires been leaking down, put them in tub of water today and found two leaks on left and one on right, all got plugs, one valve stem leaking so I replaced the core, one nail in the left tire but not leaking so I left it til I restock on plugs
    left rear tire leaking down and found the inner bead is leaking; plan to reseat the bead with new bead seal
    needs a new muffler, will replace in next couple of weeks
    brakes don't work, need to look into that
    Yes its pretty epic. I'm not at the property a lot and I just can't stand the thought of putting a nicer mower there and someone stealing it. Besides now its just a battle to see if I can keep it from dying. Anyone else have an old beater they just won't let die?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-cut-your-own-grass-poll-attached?tu=maestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.