Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jchiu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Just ask all the people who thought comic books or baseball cards would be a great investment because prices were going only up and more and more people were getting into the hobby...............................

They were because there were only 1 or 2 manufacturers. Then everyone saw money to be made and started flooding the market with supply and super expensive limited editions that destroyed their fan base trying to keep up........ oh wait..

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

But they do have value. My dad still has a nice collection of baseball cards from the 50's and 60's. All in really great shape. He doesn't plan on selling them. And says that they'll be passed down to me when he's done with them. And I don't plan on selling them. But they do hold value if it were to ever come down to it. But even at that case, they still probably won't be sold.

I dont think cards from the 50's or 60's will hold value because over generations, nobody knows who these players are and there will be fewer and fewer people who do (or will be willing to pay for them). Same for Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, collectibles etc...

Spiderman can always be rebooted through several generations. Same for Star Wars, etc. Hard to do for individuals - and very few are iconic enough to last.

However, having a family keepsake has inherent value even if financially they go down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jchiu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-consider-pinball-as-investment?tu=jchiu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.