(Topic ID: 220044)

Do you Collect Harbor Freight Freebies? A Meaningless Poll.

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is your favorite/most used Harbor Freight Freebie?”

• Tape Measurer 7 votes
      8%
    • Flashlight/Head band light 21 votes
      24%
    • Microfiber Cloths 10 votes
      12%
    • Batteries 0 votes
    • Magnetic Tray or Bar 19 votes
      22%
    • Solar Toy 1 vote
      1%
    • Screwdrivers 7 votes
      8%
    • Magnetic telescoping retriever 2 votes
      2%
    • Tarp or Moving Blanket 9 votes
      10%
    • Other 10 votes
      12%

(86 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

695B652D-4258-4CB1-82F9-0AD7D57EA779 (resized).png
    20210503_141021 (resized).jpg
    geek (resized).JPG
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Here, I find myself with a stack of Harbor Freight Coupons.....They come by mail, email, magazines, etc, and my wife cuts them out.
    Theres maybe 20-30 right now around the house.
    Im Lucky, I guess, that a store is around 3 miles away, and one of the managers is a Fellow Pinhead!

I never go without the 20% Coupon, and Freebie, but Im running out of room.....and we use the Freebies often with Pins!

What is your favorite Freebie? Any other uses worth mentioning?

#2 5 years ago

Magnetic led flashlight is my favorite free item, I use them at work

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Magnetic led flashlight is my favorite free item, I use them at work

I think I have 15 plus of these....they seem to multiple on their own!

#4 5 years ago

Have the flashlight and the screwdriver. Use them frequently. The screwdriver has the best grip on it, better than any other screwdriver I own...

#5 5 years ago

I collect the flashlights throughout the year. Then my son, who is an Eagle Scout, will donate them to his district Boy Scout Office. They go to young kids who want to camp but can't afford all of the gear. It helps a lot.

So if you find yourself with some flashlights/batteries that you don't need anymore just look up your local Scout Shop and they would be happy to take them.

#6 5 years ago

I definitely collect HF freebies. If I'm going to the store anyway, why not use a 20% coupon and a freebie coupon.

"If it's free, it's for me!"

#7 5 years ago

My dad has a weird obsession with the tape measures. We have at least 5 or 6 now.

Personally, I like the magnetic bars/parts bowls, and I’ve been hoarding them for myself. I line them up along the siderail of a game I’m shopping, and use each one for different things. One bowl for posts, another for wood screws, another for speed nuts, etc etc.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

My dad has a weird obsession with the tape measures. We have at least 5 or 6 now.
    Personally, I like the magnetic bars/parts bowls, and I’ve been hoarding them for myself. I line them up along the siderail of a game I’m shopping, and use each one for different things. One bowl for posts, another for wood screws, another for speed nuts, etc etc.

Good idea...I suppose I could line up the magnetic trays, on the magnetic bars, and then build something with a stack of free bars?

#9 5 years ago

Flash Lites, Tape Measures, and the Micro Fiber Towels are the big three for me.

Have a flashlights in every vehicle, drawer, etc. Tape measures are also scattered everywhere.

Strangely enough I still spend several minutes looking for a working flashlight or tape measure when I need one. . .

#10 5 years ago

Blue led flashlights and the magnesium strikes.

#11 5 years ago

They seem to be getting stingy on the % off coupon making it only good during special weekend dates.

And it seems, the coupons I carry in the car are always expired.

#12 5 years ago

Magnetic tray and microfiber cloths are my freebie goto.

If ye need any of the twenty free items or a rotating super coupon they have them ALL here:

http://www.hfqpdb.com/browse

with long expiration dates.

I call them up on my phone and they scan away!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

They seem to be getting stingy on the % off coupon making it only good during special weekend dates.
    And it seems, the coupons I carry in the car are always expired.

They always have the latest coupon online on their ad section. Just pull up the jpeg and zoom in for them to scan it. You'll never have an expired % off coupon again. I never really paid attention to the coupons to know that you could use the 20% off as well as the freebie coupon at the same time. I wonder if they will let you scan the freebie digitally as well instead of having it in hand.

I am very much a "buy a quality tool once" type of guy but HF definitely has its place for certain things. Especially one time project tools or things that quality doesn't make a difference or may be hard to screw up.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think I have 15 plus of these....they seem to multiple on their own!

That's awesome. You should build a coffee table out of them.

#15 5 years ago

Second Store in my area just opened.

#16 5 years ago

No I don't but it is a little bit far away from me so I'm not in the area much.
    i would always take more magnetic trays though!

#17 5 years ago

Was the Meters for me.
    Then got too many of them and had to move on to Blue Flashlight.
    Then got too many of them, so now moved onto Magnetic Trays.
    Just being a consumer.

#18 5 years ago

How in God's name did you not list multi meters in your link?!?!

#19 5 years ago

The black flashlight followed by the tape measure got enough micro fiber towels at the moment. I probably passed the 100 number on the black flash light use them day,night all the time about every 3 months scrap 3 or 4 that have half of the leds burned out,bad switches something else making them junk or just disappear all together. Nieces and nephew run off with them when they visit hunting monsters. Due for a few more meters leave one in every pinball game i work on saves me looking for one.

Still have the angle grinder i paid 14 dollars for many years ago cut bricks,stone etc the thing just keeps gong. The ball joint press that was junk broke it 1st shot. Are the tools the be all and end all no but when it's cheap i don't expect much i see the tools as the one trick pony product last more then two uses fine. Have a fair number of hand tools that have yet to break of fail. Can't say that about my tools i use for my day job used to have 98% usa tools in my tool bucket but in the last 10 years its come way down about 60/40 now. Tool cost keeps going up but my pay check doesn't

#20 5 years ago

Lucky for all of us; they're having a Sale this weekend.......

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If I'm going to the store anyway, why not use a 20% coupon and a freebie coupon

Huh, I had no idea you could use both. I thought they couldn't be used in combination with other coupons.

#22 5 years ago

You can use both as I have and the one near me (about a mile down the road) just scans them from the booklet and leaves them there for me to use again.

The 25% coupon is the big one and only near holidays.

#23 5 years ago

PinballGeek Headlight on sale:

geek (resized).JPGgeek (resized).JPG
    #24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Huh, I had no idea you could use both. I thought they couldn't be used in combination with other coupons.

I always thought this, I've got some of the ones from the last mailer right here in my hand and it says they can't be used with any other discounts, I always assumed they wouldn't take it if you are using another coupon for something else. Guess I should try it next time I get something there.

#25 5 years ago

we have a shoebox full of the blue flashlights. And about 7 tape measures and a nice collection of microfiber clothes. Go there a lot.

#26 5 years ago

I guess on the poll the other is the Harbor Freight volt meter which I have also.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The coupons do say that but they never stop me from doing it, and the register software doesn't seem to care either.

#28 5 years ago

They should have a "coupon free" checkout line at Harbor Freight. I always seem to get stuck behind someone with a handful of coupons and it really slows the process of simply making a purchase.

#29 5 years ago

Do you Collect Harbor Freight Freebies? Yes

And here are some tricks. Always make sure they scan your XX% off with your most expensive item, you know that's not on your total purchase just 1 item, so make sure it counts. Yes you can do a free item with that XX% off coupon that's it in my location.

So here is a trick and your wife and kids will hate you for it. Give them each a XX% off coupon and a free something coupon then get 1 each of the cheapest things in the store, I used to do a wire brush that was under a dollar. Make them by your wire brush and get something free and spend less then a buck. Of coarse you buy the actual thing that cost money and let them be embarrassed.

Now I think Harbor freight may have caught onto my cheap ass and I think some of the free coupons might now say with purchase of something over a certain dollar amount?

As for what I get I'm a go to Multi-meter/tape measure guy. But honestly I get it all.

One year as a gauge gift for Christmas I gave each of my son-in-laws a gift with one of every free thing from Harbor Freight.

#30 5 years ago

They all Make great stocking suffers

#31 5 years ago

You can take pictures of the coupons and throw away the paper ones. My local hf scans off my phone or types the number off of it.

#32 5 years ago

Popped my cherry today and got a freebie 4 pack of micro fibers with the other coupon purchase, piece of cake. As far as being embarrassed about the whole coupon thing, it really isn’t an issue. The cashiers are all in on the system and seem to have no problem working with you to get the best deal. You figure they do this all day long. I watched a few guys in front of me checking out and they had a lot more coupons in a stack than me, going through them all trying to get the best overall price for everything. Cashier didn’t seem to mind at all.

I got one of these for $13

https://www.harborfreight.com/450-lumen-led-trouble-light-63920.html

I tried it out, it’s fairly decent for lighting up the underside of a pinball machine if you can find somewhere to hang it. It’s not super bright like the sun or anything but works well for the price.

#33 5 years ago

I stopped glomming the black flashlights because they're crap and seem to die almost instantly, but the blue flashlight/spotlight with the hook is nice piece. Picked up several sets of the 6-piece screwdrivers too, this way they're in various rooms around the house and I don't have to worry about searching for the shorty phillips, even though I still can't find the damn things.

2 years later
    #34 2 years ago

I guess this isn’t exactly new news, but not long ago HF changed up the whole system. The 20% off anything coupons (and occasional 25%) are apparently gone forever. Same for the freebie stuff and the catalog mailers.

They still have discounts and coupons on their website with good deals, but you have to do more work to get a discount on a specific item you might want.

#35 2 years ago

Yea since harbor freight did away will the ads/coupons galore i don't go as much yes it was not top stuff. But as a person who did many years in retail the give away get people in the store.

#36 2 years ago

That sucks about the coupons and mailers. No sadness about the freebies, it was mostly/all junk you don’t need anyway (or you’d pay for it). What’s the point of a box of 8 flashlights, 1/2 of which stop working after 1 or 2 uses?

#37 2 years ago

I just had a new AC installed in my office.

I have been emptying out slowly over the last few years, but collected a box of about 14 flashlights, and 8 tape measurers....
    Gave it to the work crew, who were happy is all!

#38 2 years ago

Every time we're out an about and close to HF, I'll stop in. Wife gives me
    all kinds of grief about it. My faves are the palm size LED flashlights and
    multi-tip screw drivers. Have bunches of both.

Also like their needle nose pliers, there are several styles. Great for working
    on pins and often 99 cents on sale.

#39 2 years ago

I loved the freebies and would always end up wandering around and buying something when I popped in to grab one now I will only go if I specifically need something.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I guess this isn’t exactly new news, but not long ago HF changed up the whole system. The 20% off anything coupons (and occasional 25%) are apparently gone forever. Same for the freebie stuff and the catalog mailers.
    They still have discounts and coupons on their website with good deals, but you have to do more work to get a discount on a specific item you might want.

Yep, the 25% tariffs that were imposed on goods coming from China are killing HF

Even on HFs **premium** ICON tools, who's going to pay more for those than just buying Taiwanese GearWrench that you can exchange anywhere?

1 month later
    #41 2 years ago

From the ashes, HF 20% off coupon just surfaced in my inbox!

#42 2 years ago

No coupons for me, yet. I was in the store last weekend and there were no freebies. The blue, flat portable light was $2.

Why does the Father's Day sale end tomorrow? Are they using a HF calendar or something?

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I just had a new AC installed in my office.
    I have been emptying out slowly over the last few years, but collected a box of about 14 flashlights, and 8 tape measurers....
    Gave it to the work crew, who were happy is all!

Why buy anything from Harbor Freight if you’re never ever gonna use it?

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why buy anything from Harbor Freight if you’re never ever gonna use it?

As the title implies, these are freebies from harbor freight. I didnt buy any of the flashlights..

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

As the title implies, these are freebies from harbor freight. I didnt buy any of the flashlights..

Let me rephrase, Why go out of your way to get free stuff from Harbor Freight that you’ll never use?

#46 2 years ago

Because!

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Let me rephrase, Why go out of your way to get free stuff from Harbor Freight that you’ll never use?

Fair enough, Adrianne, the local manager was living with a friend, a local pinhead, and our central Florida playfield touch up artist,
    She would add things into my bag, even if I didnt ask.
    My son, who would go, is a flashlight collector, he has freaking $600 flashlights that light up a block. I dont know why he loves flashlights, but he would bring them home.
    Employees, when I was running Comet, would bring them back, after making corporate purchases.
    So, we ended up with excess.....As well as Hurricane fear, as we run out of flashlights being hit with 4 of them,

Does that cover it?

#48 2 years ago

Just diggin in, hope to meet you one day. Perhaps at the Lounge.

#49 2 years ago

It will happen. Do you know Paul? Adrienne and Paul were a Sweet couple.
    You can always ask for her at the Harbor freight on 436, especially if you have any issues.

If I find another pile of flashlights, Ill give them to Kurt to hand out at the lounge....Im keeping the rest of the free tape measurers!
    Now anyone want 200 of these:
    20210503_141021 (resized).jpg20210503_141021 (resized).jpg

#50 2 years ago

I’ll be there next Saturday. Just look for an old fart, that’s me. I’m out before noon.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-collect-harbor-freight-freebies-a-meaningless-poll?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.