Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Thermionic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you seek out location play and support operators?”

• Yes! Not only do I seek out location play, I also update the Pinfinder and/or Pinside location database. 101 votes
      43%
    • Yes! I look on Pinfinder and/or Pinside for locations to play and seek them out. 71 votes
      30%
    • Kind-of: I'll play pinball on location as I run into it but won't intentionally seek out location pinball. 44 votes
      19%
    • No. I play my collection or my friends. 19 votes
      8%

(235 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

How can anyone into pinball not like location play?

Location play is like sex. There's good sex and bad sex, and I won't pay for bad sex.

I've had some great location experiences at Pizza Depot (Bay Area), Lyons Classic Pinball and BumperNets.
    I've had just as many bad location experiences.

#60 8 years ago

Eric, check out the GA licensing rules that make it expensive to operate a pin. If you put your game out on location without a sticker you run the risk of having it confiscated by the state of GA.

The only way I'd put a game on location is if it's within 2 miles of my house, monitored constantly, and doesn't cost me anything. I would set it on free play to avoid the archaic licensing fees.

#101 8 years ago

I actually know of the perfect place to open a location. A Blockbuster's closed next to a really good pizza place. The pizza place stays busy even though the mall is pretty quiet and largely deserted. The layout of of the Blockbuster is asymmetric, and I know it could hold 30-40 pins easily.

The problem is that the mall owners don't necessarily drop their lease rates just because a place has been sitting empty for years.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

You'd need to cut a doorway into the pizza place and integrate the two.

That's what I was thinking.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-care-about-location-play?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.