Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Hellfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Do any of you in here place blankets over your pins? Every time my better half (wife) cleans the oven and vaccums I go into the laundry room and grab her fake silk sheets and place over the pinballs. (pinballs are upstairs just pass the laundry room.

I like to do this so the dust particles and laundry room particles from dryer don't form on pinballs making it a dust job every other day!The less you have to dust the last chance of surface scratches. Yes filters are clean. I also like to do this because every time I remove the blankets I get that WOW factor everytime I remove them like they came out of a box or something...

ANybody else do this? Or am I that anal!

#2 11 years ago

I put a towel over the playfield glass, but that is it. If I don't the glass will be dusty after a week or two.

#3 11 years ago

I keep towels on the glass when they are not in use. So much easier keeping dust away.

#4 11 years ago

I don't cover mine at all.

#5 11 years ago

I dont own that many towels, so I guess the answer is no.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#6 11 years ago

I should really get something to cover mine. My basement shares a woodworking area, and that dust gets everywhere

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I don't cover mine at all

Same.

#8 11 years ago

I like to keep mine uncovered so I can see them! I just keep a small California Car Duster nearby. Just a few swipes and no dust...

#9 11 years ago

They are not people...they are machines.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

They are not people...they are machines.

Sssh they'll hear you.

I don't cover mine.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I dont own that many towels, so I guess the answer is no.

Good god your owned in the past list is bigger than my current AND wish list, and then some! Me jealous!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Naf:

Do any of you in here place blankets over your pins? Every time my better half (wife) cleans the oven and vaccums I go into the laundry room and grab her fake silk sheets and place over the pinballs. (pinballs are upstairs just pass the laundry room.
    I like to do this so the dust particles and laundry room particles from dryer don't form on pinballs making it a dust job every other day!The less you have to dust the last chance of surface scratches. Yes filters are clean. I also like to do this because every time I remove the blankets I get that WOW factor everytime I remove them like they came out of a box or something...
    ANybody else do this? Or am I that anal!

What time do you usually tuck them in? If my DH was a BBB and my JM was a MM.... Maybe.

#13 11 years ago

I place a blanket over any pin that sits in the 'next to the window' slot in my basement.

#14 11 years ago

I sit in a chair with a blow dryer - no dust dares settle on my pins or I'll make an example out of them.

(scary thing is I'm joking but someone on here may actually do this)

#15 11 years ago

Hey,

The pins were covered with drop sheets while I did drywall work, and now four of them are stored. The TSPP stays covered when I'm not playing it as the cabinet art is washed out right from the factory; don't think it needs any extra fade.

Luke

#16 11 years ago

I did cover them for a short time but it was not worth it, we play them every night, too much work. Cleaning the glass also make me wipe the buttons and lock down bar, hand goo does build up, yuck

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I like to keep mine uncovered so I can see them! I just keep a small California Car Duster nearby. Just a few swipes and no dust...

Now that is a great idea! Use those on my cars all the time. They really work. Never thought to get one for the pins. Thanks.

#18 11 years ago

No, I have never covered a pin.

#19 11 years ago

I got three cats that sit on em all day, the hair keeps the dust off.

#20 11 years ago

I put a blanket AND a long piece of bubble sheets to scare my cat away.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I put a blanket AND a long piece of bubble sheets to scare my cat away.

One of my cats is too fat to jump. The other is afraid of everything, especially pinball and the doorbell.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Sssh they'll hear you.

I LOL'd....thanks

#24 11 years ago

I do, especially if there's any chance of sunlight coming through the window (sweeps by in the afternoon in some parts of the room) and the side effect is the glass rarely has to be cleaned... less dust and cat prints. If there was no sun and pets, I might still do it as the time it takes to remove and replace a cover is negligible.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I do, especially if there's any chance of sunlight coming through the window

I do keep the blinds closed to prevent cabinet fade.

#26 11 years ago

I do because I hate dusting!!

#27 11 years ago

I'm getting a few of these to put all my pinballs in.

I'll be good as long as no ill tempered 9 year old with a box cutter comes around.

http://youtube.com/results?q=car%20capsule#/watch?v=2ybWSOh_m3c

#28 11 years ago

I cover the playfield/glass and certain sides/front of the main cabinets w/ a combo of sports blankets & beach towels, throw pillows, and some laminated posters and maps.
    Done to keep dust off the playfield glass, and to protect a portion of cabinet from paint fade on two of my pins from a couple hours of direct sunlight daily that shines through a small gap under a blind on one window.
    +1 that dusting sucks, and don't have to clean playfield glass so often.
    +1 that it only takes a couple seconds to pull the cover off when your ready to play

#29 11 years ago

No. I just clean them weekly.

#30 11 years ago

I use some moving quilts and old blankets. Keeps the dust off and protects the glass as I'm always putting stuff on top of the glass.

#31 11 years ago

I have covers I place on them whenever not being played...keeps glass clean and protects the cabinet in case the kids get into my game room when I am not around!

#32 11 years ago

I dont bother .If I go to play and I can write my name on one of the pins,its time to rotate it out.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

They are not people...they are machines

I have a Bride of Pinbot that would like to have a word with you...

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Trastion:

I have a Bride of Pinbot that would like to have a word with you...

Good, I have a big ball to stick in her mouth.

#35 11 years ago

Dont cover my pins and furniture has no plastic on it as well.

We live in our house...

#36 11 years ago

I've thought about it, because my game room and workshop are one in the same, but it hasn't been a problem yet.

#37 11 years ago

For me, half the fun is seeing the pins I own (when not in use).

...it's lame as hell to cover them when not in use.

#38 11 years ago

I'm assuming most don't cover over the backboxes on their pins.
    I like looking at the artwork on the backglasses, and direct sunlight is not an issue for any of my backboxes.
    I do cover the playfield glass on each, and portions of some main cabinets, due to dust & sunlight/cabinet artwork fade issue.
    Any Pinsiders out there that also cover their backboxes & bg's?

#39 11 years ago

I put a towel over the playfield glass but if I don’t my wife’s cats with claws will scratch the glass.

#40 11 years ago

Towel or blanket on all my games

#41 11 years ago

My wife offered to crochet a few 'pin doily's' to drape over the machines like a few of you girlie-men, but I decided I didn't like the lacy look.

#42 11 years ago

Too much sun in the windows in Florida, dust, dogs. (lizards, bugs, etc,)

All are blanket covered. Much better then fade, and dusting for me.

Working on a padded form fitting cover. Low cost.....

#43 11 years ago

My pins are in my man cave garage, where occasionally I paint work with wood etc, for this I fully cover them when using the room for other tasks.

#44 11 years ago

I'll cover over the playfield glass of any pins that I have set up in my garage as it's dusty in there.

I leave the pins in the house uncovered, it's great just to admire them all sitting side by side. Sunlight is not a problem since I keep the blinds drawn most of the time.

#45 11 years ago

No, even though they're old em's. Sunlight isn't a problem as I live in England.

#46 11 years ago

Only the one that stands at my brother's appartment, when I don't do it, cat paw prints will be everywhere on the glass!

Other than that: nope

#47 11 years ago

I normaly never cover my pins unless some work is being done such as sanding etc around them other than that I wipe them off once a week and have them in normally dark rooms.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-blanket-your-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.