Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spaceballs_toilet_paper (resized).jpg
    064 (resized).JPG
    s-l640 (resized).jpg
    nap-time-preschool_gg70816872 (resized).jpg
    2DB256D4-710A-410A-B24F-80EDCFF4D26D (resized).jpeg
    DSC_1075.JPG
    100_6325.jpg
    CAM00021.jpg
    image-443.jpg
    image-218.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_4337.jpg
    2015-04-08 20.04.49.jpg
    image.jpg
    _38487075_jackson_baby300.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Let's see those Blankets.......???.............Joey

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #2 8 years ago

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#4 8 years ago

I blanket my games with windex & paper towels as needed.

#5 8 years ago

I blanket them and wrap them up like a mummy when I'm taking them to a show...otherwise they are set up and playable unblanketed when they are in my house...

Phoebe

#6 8 years ago

Are your machines cold?

#7 8 years ago

Looks like my place when Im folding laundry.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Are your machines cold?

No....house full of kids and cats....and a dog.....just rip em off n play.....prob just a false sense of security.....started as no way to keep the cats off.................Joey

#9 8 years ago

^^^^^^^^....................Joey

#10 8 years ago

How often do you change their sheets?

#11 8 years ago

I saw a picture somewhere that someone made a total cover for a Walking Dead machine. I figured it was to prevent fading.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The pins....or the kids....???!!!....................Joey

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

I saw a picture somewhere that someone made a total cover for a Walking Dead machine. I figured it was to prevent fading.

Well that too as RK is against the win-der...............Joey

#14 8 years ago

Here's my blanket. Keeps me warm on the couch.
    20150408_184926.jpg20150408_184926.jpg

#15 8 years ago
    _38487075_jackson_baby300.jpg_38487075_jackson_baby300.jpg
    #16 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

The pins....or the kids....???!!!....................Joey

Well the pins do sh#t the bed more than the kids.... .............Joey

#17 8 years ago

Nice Dave.....I was waiting for that.... ...........Joey

#18 8 years ago

I've got my TZ's cab and back box covered with some thick wool blankets when I'm not playing it. It sits in an area where sunlight shines pretty much all day with a couple hours of direct rays right on it.

If you know TZ, then you know why it's covered. My reds are still quite nice and I intend to keep it that way.

#19 8 years ago
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    #20 8 years ago

I only blanket BSD, and it's just to prevent as much fade as I can.

#21 8 years ago

Nope, cuz then I'm "reminded" by looking at them to clean the glass and rubbers before people come over. I hate dirty games.

#22 8 years ago

Posting on topic content. Don't see the appeal.

2015-04-08 20.04.49.jpg2015-04-08 20.04.49.jpg
    #23 8 years ago

^^^...haha.......nice...................Joey

#24 8 years ago

Custom fleece covers secured with to small magnets sewn into the top hem. Keeps dust and catprints off nicely. I may be working up a few to bring to PatZ if anyone is interested. They're nice, uniform and colored to match my games. FT will be green or orange as soon as I gather more material, purple for CV. I found material to do custom Avengers, Spidey, Monopoly, Simpsons and a few others as well.

IMG_4337.jpgIMG_4337.jpg

#25 8 years ago

The shadows on JB and FT are dmd bentplastics, just to clarify in advance

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from TunaSled:

Custom fleece covers secured with to small magnets sewn into the top hem. Keeps dust and catprints off nicely. I may be working up a few to bring to PatZ if anyone is interested. They're nice, uniform and colored to match my games. FT will be green or orange as soon as I gather more material, purple for CV. I found material to do custom Avengers, Spidey, Monopoly, Simpsons and a few others as well.
    IMG_4337.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Those are pretty cool. If you ever start selling them let me know. I would pick up a few.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Those are pretty cool. If you ever start selling them let me know. I would pick up a few.

How many/what colors? I've only sold a few so far, been getting $20 for the solids. PM me.

#28 8 years ago

No

#29 8 years ago

Andras "angylpor" makes great, cheap, pinball covers, just got mine for TWD and SM, since 6 of mine are in the gameroom garage, its added protection from the dust and the patches he does are pretty cool.

#30 8 years ago

Here's mine....use it to lay my glass on when working on a machine ( mandatory after I got lazy one night and broke a piece of PDI....costly mistake!!!)image.jpgimage.jpg

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here's mine....use it to lay my glass on when working on a machine ( mandatory after I got lazy one night and broke a piece of PDI....costly mistake!!!)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is awesome! How did you get a TAF blanket? That is a great idea!

#32 8 years ago

Nope. However 'preventing fading' when your game is next to window is important.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

That is awesome! How did you get a TAF blanket? That is a great idea!

Thanks....a lucky find on eBay several years back...I ONLY use it for playfield glass, as I want to keep it intact.

I scour EBay when in the mood , under PB title then"collectibles"...sometimes cool stuff pops up...hear are a couple more finds...technically "throws" not a blanket, but close enough ( under the machines, obviously)image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from TunaSled:

IMG_4337.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nothing wrong with doing that I guess. I don't cover any of mine. When they get dusty I clean em. And if any animal I owned climbed on or scratched a pin... I wouldn't have an animal anymore. Cats are morons.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Nothing wrong with doing that I guess. I don't cover any of mine. When they get dusty I clean em. And if any animal I owned climbed on or scratched a pin... I wouldn't have an animal anymore. Cats are morons.

No animals in Gameroom period for me....share your sentiments about cats

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

No....house full of kids and cats....and a dog.....just rip em off n play.....prob just a false sense of security.....started as no way to keep the cats off.................Joey

You say cats? She loves looking at Sparky.

CAM00021.jpgCAM00021.jpg
    #37 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks....a lucky find on eBay several years back...I ONLY use it for playfield glass, as I want to keep it intact.
    I scour EBay when in the mood , under PB title then"collectibles"...sometimes cool stuff pops up...hear are a couple more finds...technically "throws" not a blanket, but close enough ( under the machines, obviously)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's a great idea....! I will have to do some Ebay research

#38 8 years ago

My cats not a problem at all. They just like to lay on the glass, crawl across and leave footprints which shows you just how dusty you've let them get. Hence the covers.

#39 8 years ago

Couldn't pass this up at a recent garage sale, especially not for two bucks....
    100_6325.jpg100_6325.jpg

#40 8 years ago

I used to cover my games when there was risk to direct sun exposure, even for a few mins/day. Now that they sit in a basement, they remain uncovered.

#41 8 years ago

Luckily all my games sit in a basement, so no worries about sunlight... and apparently evil cats?

#42 8 years ago

my pins in pole barn.spring is here and time to paint.we cover everything.seems to me instead of covering pins on top would be better to have piece of carpet under so moisture from concrete is lessened from rotting out machines..i do keep my cars on carpet in garages.every year in machine tool show so company pay huge money for show carpet use once..i took home every 2-years changed carpet for free.no question this work out well for me.i can understand if some one want to cover.but for us only when we have to..

#43 8 years ago

Here is a pic of just some of my blanket collection...

DSC_1075.JPGDSC_1075.JPG
    #44 8 years ago

Nice Blankets guys...!!!....I knew I wasn't the only one... ....keep em comin................Joey

1 month later
    #45 8 years ago

Sometimes I don't play mine for a while and they get dusty. I have often thought of making some cloth covers that hang just over the side rails and sew little magnets in the corners and at the middle so they hold the cover in place. I think I could sell them if made nice...
    Would save a lot of time dusting and cleaning the glass. I have cats too and the paw prints are a pain cleaning. Dusting doesn't get them off you need to get the cleaner out! Bad Cats!!!

Tom

#46 8 years ago

Neat! I especially like the use of Simpsons on Simpsons, TAF on TAF, etc. Adds a little extra feel to the room.

#47 8 years ago

I lay all my shipping blankets across my machines when the blankets and machines are not in use. Takes just a minute and cuts down on having to dust.

3 years later
    #48 5 years ago

Still blanketing.... ....you?.........Joey

2DB256D4-710A-410A-B24F-80EDCFF4D26D (resized).jpeg2DB256D4-710A-410A-B24F-80EDCFF4D26D (resized).jpeg
    #49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

That's a great idea....! I will have to do some Ebay research

Seems like a good product to license, playfield printed beach towels! There's a seller on ebay who does custom printing on beach towels all you need is a good pic of the pf!

ebay.com link: Custom Beach Towel Microfiber Super Dry Absorbent Gym Sport Personalized Print

The pincovers are just too bulky and time consuming, there really good for long term storage but using a beach towel is way more convenient.
    s-l640 (resized).jpgs-l640 (resized).jpg

#50 5 years ago

This thread is funny I totally do it too, but seeing a line up of pins tucked away in the covers reminds me of nap time at kindergarden. lol

nap-time-preschool_gg70816872 (resized).jpgnap-time-preschool_gg70816872 (resized).jpg

064 (resized).JPG064 (resized).JPG
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-blanket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.