• Latest reply 4 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you believe in Ghost? Share your Ghost Story”

• Yes, I believe in ghosts, spirits, spooks, spectors. 29 votes
    27%
  • Yes, Im troubled by strange noises in the night and feelings of dread in my basement and attic. 4 votes
    4%
  • I've had what I think is a paranormal experience. 13 votes
    12%
  • I only believe what I can touch, smell and read in the national enquirer. 2 votes
    2%
  • I dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal. 50 votes
    46%
  • I love polls and hotdogs! I cant get enough of them! 10 votes
    9%

(Multiple choice - 108 votes by 95 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00121 (resized).JPG
DSC00122 (resized).JPG
DSC00263 (resized).JPG
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpg
Green Mist 1 (resized).jpg
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpg
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpg
Green Mist 2 (resized).jpg
0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg
C3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpeg
D8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpeg
70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpeg
FilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gif
A0E1D905-EB37-450D-B38E-50C311433223 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
TSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider habo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

On the heals of everything spooky and Halloween where the veils are supposedly thinner between the living and afterlife I was just wondering...does anyone here believe in Ghosts? I know mbaumle at least believes in the paranormal and has a new show coming out a the end of the month.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ve-got-a-new-tv-show-on-aampe

I've always been interested in the paranormal since a kid, and have wanted to go out and investigate a location with an open mind. I was very skeptical of anything ever happening. With an engineering background everything had an answer and had a logical solution. At my second go at it, I saw some unexplained lights and heard someone (not EVP but my ears) respond at the end of an empty hallway. Since then, I was hooked. I've been ghost hunting since about 2007 and have investigated Goldfield Hotel, The Washoe Club, Gold Hill Hotel, Birdcage Theater/Boot Hill, Pennhurst State School, Bobby Mackey's Music World, Waverly Hills, Sloss Furnace and Farnsworth House (Gettysburg) to name a few LOL I've probably logged 200 hours alone in The Washoe Club in NV over the years. Some of my evidence has been shown on television shows and I've been interviewed a few times.

Below are some clips from the Washoe Club. We captured this weird light anomaly while investigating over a weekend.

Does anyone have a Ghost or paranormal story, photos, videos to share?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Reminds me of a joke. Pastor at a church service says to the congregation, "Who here believes in ghosts?" About 1/2 the hands go up. Then he asks "Who here has seen a ghost?". Several hands go up. He then asks "Who here has had sex with a ghost?" and one old man in the back raises his hand. He asks him to come up in front of everybody and asks again "You mean to tell me that you've had sex with a ghost?". The old man looks at him surprised and says, "Ghost? Oh, I thought you said goat." LOL

LMFAO!

Quoted from dothedoo:

One night I was asleep in my basement. I awoke in the middle of the night and I noticed in the upper corner of the room there was a focused spot of white light behind one of my pins.
I live in an old house, so I figured there was a new crack in the foundation letting light in from outside so I didn't think much of it.
The next day I was ready to seal the crack, but upon investigation there was no crack and no gap between the basement cinder blocks and the frame of the house. Light coming in from a window could not have made the angle to shine in the corner like that.
There may be a perfectly normal explanation for the light, but I never found anything that would cause it. Nobody but me was in the basement that day or the next day and I didn't add or move anything in the room. I've never seen the light since.
Not much of a story, but things like that get your mind thinking.

Sometimes our ghost hunting investigations are just "weird lights" anomalies like that. A lot of times its a lot of looooong stretches of asking questions into a recorder, pausing then asking more questions for electronic voice phenomena (EVP's) with nothing responding. Then - you hear something or see something. It really is like fishing. Lots of patience.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

This is one thing that always confused me
So clothes come back from the dead as well and wouldn't they be the clothes you died in not the clothes you wore everyday?

I'm no expert (no one really is) but the way its been explained to me is its whatever that person thinks/wishes they should appear with on. My analogy is what they mentioned in the Matrix - "Residual self image (RSI) is the subjective appearance of a human while connected to the Matrix."

Quoted from Eric_S:

Logically looking at ghosts and hauntings, there are a number of things that don't make sense. I think that most ghost/hauntings are due to psychologically-induced phenomenons in the brain (sleep disorders, chemical imbalances, magnetic field induced, etc).
1. Why is there no legitimate research on the subject at the university level? If there was potential proof about the afterlife, it should be the number one research topic and papers/evidence would be regularly released.

You can take courses and get a degree in Psychology with a Parapsychology major. When people say there is no solid scientific proof of ghosts and the afterlife, that technically correct. Its not scientific proof because it is non repeatable in a controlled setting. Its also not exactely looked upon seriously.
https://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/about-paranormal/can-you-earn-degree-paranormal-studies

Quoted from Eric_S:

2. Why are most ghosts only seen by one person at a time. It would seem logical that with the volume of ghost that people see, at some point, a group of people should see a ghost simultaneously, but that rarely seems to be the case.

People see things together all the time although most of the time its unexplainable light or shadows. Its very rare to see a full blown apparition that appears like someone is just standing there. Thoughts and theories are that the spirit hasn't enough energy to do so. Some believe the spirit hasn't learned how to "manifest" or appear. Another belief is that if there isn't enough energy to form, the simplest shape is a orb.

Quoted from Eric_S:

3. Why are most ghosts only seen when someone wakes up from sleeping, when it is dark, when they are alone, when they are in a "scary" basement/attic, etc? Why not see them while I'm eating lunch or doing yard work or any other normal activity?

They can appear anywhere anytime. As far as investigating, its easier to see a faint light or type of manifestation in the dark. Think of using a flashlight in the day. You cant see the light given off from it because its saturated by other light. Some manifestations don't appear to the naked eye because its out of our electromagnetic field of view. Infrared and Ultraviolet cameras/video cameras can see beyond our vision and made to see in the dark and low light.

Quoted from Eric_S:

4. Since when are "orbs" in pictures considered ghosts or spirits? These are just specs of dust picked up by the camera's flash.

Pictures of "orbs" are always suspicious to a lot of people. Tons of dust and other partical in the air that are close to the focal length of the camera lenses can appear to be "glowing orbs". Pictures kind of suck because its only a snapshot of the whole story. What's more convincing is a video of something that is moving with "purpose" The video I first posted wasn't dust particle nor an animal or insect. I don't know wtf it was

Quoted from Eric_S:

5. EVPs - Not sure what to make of these. On the old tape recorders, I chalked it up to an artifact left on the tape that wasn't cleared before reuse. I believe most of the ghost hunting shows use a white noise generator, so some of the EVPs could be just a random noise combination that our brain interprets as a statement.

A parapsychologist, Barry Taff said the chances of you video'ing a full blown apparition/ghost is the equivalent to trying to film a plane crash at the airport. Barry is a brainiac that has been investigating this stuff since the 70's. Have you heard of the movie "The Entity". That was his first case. After trying to capture something on video all the time and lugging a bunch of equipment, I've scaled back to using a recorder most of the time.

Electronic voice phenomena in a nutshell are voices from an "unknown origin" and in my opinion, your biggest bang for your buck when investigating. No one uses tape recorders anymore but a simple electronic voice recorder. Any recorder will do. It seems though that the "noisier" the internal circuit is actually is better for recording EVP's. I LOVE the RR-DR60 Digital EVP Recorder (1998 Japanese model). This is considered by many to be the "holy grail" of EVP (spirit voice) recorders, and this Japanese model is the most sought-after by investigators.

An unclear EVP always sound like "random noise". Spirits have no voice box and it varies how well they come through in an EVP. Some are "fast-talkers" and once the audio is slowed down you can make out the message. Some have better harmonics with tone and you can tell whether its a women, man or kid talking. Others are just crap and unintelligible even after clearing them up with computer software. It also take a bit of getting used to hearing them. Its the same as someone talking with a different dialect. Some are so clear there's no doubt as to what is being said. Good friends of mine - Mark and Debby Constantino (now deceased) could almost have real-time communication going on by asking a few question then listening back right away. It was fascinating and insane to watch them. They were absolutely the best at it and made me a believer.

Heres a short video of a few of us investigating at the Washoe Club back in 2008. It was still light out yet. Billy is off camera trying to get something working and you can here him getting frustrated. We were sort of taking a break but still recoding on our DVR and audio recorder. We captured some pretty interesting and clear EVP's. Billy tried to add sub-titles to help listen for the EVP. Mind you that no one in the room heard these voices. What I think is really infesting is that you can hear them responding to the conversations. Its almost like they are investigating us Love this vid. I was investing upstairs and wasn't in the video. EVP's captured were:

"All the time"
"That's my name"
"How do you know its not money" or "How do you know its not ma' name"
"Its your grave" said after Billy asks Jeff why doesn't he sit on the blanket

Quoted from Eric_S:

6. I think most lights/sounds that are attributed to hauntings are probably caused by something inside the house. If these ghost shows were legitimate, they should turn off the main breaker in the building to remove electric and magnetic field and turn off all electronic devices. My guess is that the "ghost" wouldn't show.

Shows aren't exactly how everyone investigates however, many I've seen do try and turn everything off. Turning off the breaker would be a sure way to rule out everything but you almost want to have the electrical box checked for high EMF over 100mg. High EMF can affect the brain and create the "feeling" of being watched/creeped out. EMF at low frequencies of 20Hz have the same effect. A scientist figured out when his office fan was turned on he had a feeling of being watched.

Quoted from Eric_S:

7. Don't get me started on so-called mediums and psychics such as John Edwards or Sylvia Brown that claim they can talk to the dead. These people are straight-up frauds taking advantage of vulnerable people that want to believe that they're loved ones that have passed are OK. Frauds like these should be thrown in jail.

I agree. There are some real "Psychic TURDS" out there. I skeptical of them until they can prove me wrong. I've seen some good ones that are spot on most of the time. They are not 100% but pretty good.

Quoted from drfrightner:

There is NO SUCH THING as Ghosts and believe me I'm in the haunted house business. I've been in every single type of spooky place you can imagine and NO GHOSTS! Ghosts is a business horror movies, old building tours, blah, blah... its just like the haunted house business.

I hear you and understand. There are people that are skeptical until they've experienced something they can explain. Then there are those that are cynical that will never believe. They could be having a conversation with there dead parents and still pan the experience.

No one is trying to convince anyone. We're just sharing stories and personal accounts.

Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Yes ghost are real so are demons,angels etc

If you investigate long enough you will eventually come into contact with some of the darker things that exist out there. I've come into contact with some negative stuff at 2 locations. Afterwards, there was activity at my house which eventually went away. It was a little concerning for a bit until I got rid of it or them

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeah, I was gonna say I "believe in Ghost," it is a movie from 1990 starring Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze and Whoopi Goldberg. 100% fact.

Demi Moore is so pretty. Check out "Blame it on Rio" if you want to see "orbs".

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I lived near New Orleans for several years and while there, some people I met there told me that I should get a bag of stuff to hang on my vehicle rear view mirror that would help with my "mojo".

Its probably for the best you didn't accept it. You never know what "intentions" people have and its been know that people into the occult often give odd gifts like that to unsuspecting people.

John Zaffis (Nephew of Ed/Lorrain Warren) has a haunted museum where he has collected items believed to be cursed or haunted. A story he told me is of a woman who was on vacation somewhere and she purchased a hand carved wooden mask. She brought it home and hung it somewhere in the house. Soon after she was waking up with bruses and scratching on her arms, legs and back. She called John and told him about it and he said bring it to the house. Upon inspection, he noticed the mask had human hair from several differing sources bound in it. Once he "neutralized or "blessed" it he kept it in his museum. The woman didn't have problems afterwards.

https://www.johnzaffis.com/

920x920 (resized).jpg920x920 (resized).jpg
#55 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So do apparitions see you when you are in a private situation that would be embarrassing to you? (Dropping a deuce, in the shower etc.) What if those apparitions were deceased relatives? Same with guardian angels. Do they look the other way in times like that? 'Cause otherwise that's disturbing. Inquiring minds...

What you do not know will not hurt you

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My dad was a patrolman in Culver City when this happened. He responded to the house where everything went down and said it was one of the weirdest things he’d ever seen. That’s as much detail as I got.

What a coincidence From memory, it was a "poltergeist" case where "she" was the one haunting the home. This is when someone or "agent" is under tons and tons of stress projects the activity. It also can be an adolescent entering puberty. The activity is usually short lived and not harmful but the Doris Bither case was to her. In the one picture below, I think Barry Taff said they had all sorts of crazy cameras and equipment there to try and photograph something. High speed film, infrared film but the best picture they captured was this arc of light which was actually visible at the time. He points out that the light can be seen in the middle of the room and as such does is not projected by anything otherwise it would have shown so in the corner of the room.

Here's a cool article about the case and Doris Bither.
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2008/09/21/the-entity-haunting-the-true-story-of-doris-bither

I've heard that law enforcement get calls all the time that weird stuff is happening but there's nothing happening at the time. Theres a former NYPD that was so blown away by some stuff he saw that he became a demonologist. A loosely based movie was made called "Deliver Us from Evil" about him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Sarchie
TSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpgTSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpg

#61 4 years ago

There's a new show called "The Holzer Files" that's been really interesting and pretty good. Hans Holzer was considered the first Paranormal Investigator. His work served as the inspiration for Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis’ screenplay for Ghostbusters. The show features a small team of experts (Dave Schrader, Cindy Kaza, and Shane Pittman) re-investigates Holzer’s cases going back to the 1950’s to see if there have been any new developments throughout the decades. They include old movie footage and audio from Holtzers original investigations while consulting his daughter Alexandra Holtzer. The small team interview current residents and perform their own investigation. Actually a cool concept.

The lead Dave Schrader is a popular radio host and conducted one of the last interviews Hans Holzer before he passed away. Hes also is a buddy of mine and was in my wedding ;P

Its on the Travel Channel at Thursdays at 10PM.

https://press.discovery.com/us/trv/programs/holzer-files/
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#68 4 years ago

I was at my in-laws for the weekend. One morning, my wife and her Mom went to pick up prescriptions. Meanwhile, my Father-in-law watched TV in the basement while I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day. I picked up the toothbrush when I heard a female say "Hey Buddy!" outside in the hallway. I opened up the bathroom door to see our dog standing there. The voice was pretty loud and even reverberated a bit inside the bathroom.

My in-laws routinely hear their names called in the house. The only history we know about it is the woman that owned it prior died of cancer and her kids sold us the house.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was it a brick-lined basement? Ones with high iron content have been shown to imprint sound and play it back randomly. There's some saloon where you can hear music playing from the 1800s and it's magnetically recorded in the bricks.
And if not, WAS there a woman back there?

Limestone is also suppose to have properties that can store "events". Energy from the environment and people play back the "memory" supposedly. The Stanley Hotel in Estes Colorado is supposedly built on limestone. This is the hotel that Stephen King stayed at off season. At night he heard kids running up and down the hallway and brought it up to management. Of course, him and his wife were the only ones in the hotel. It inspired him to write "The Shinning" and later "Pet Cemetery". The hotel has a pet cemetery on the property all be it off the beaten path.

We've stayed there for a weekend during a Dave Schrader (the Holzer Files - above) ghost hunting conference. We didn't have a lot of activity there however we did hear a few EVP's calling out Daves name. On the "Ovilus" device, it called out one of the psychics Chris Fleming "gay". He's a super man-scraped type of guy and isn't gay. The Ovilus then laughed - "ha, ha, ha. There's a video on YouTube somewhere of it.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

So it calls out the name of the guy who’s show your on ??? Does seem just a little gay when you think about it.

I'm not on a show. Dave is on the Holzer Files. This was on a ghost hunting conference he put together. He usually has several paranormal "celebrities" in different locations where people switch off to investigate with every hour. At one of the rooms where Chris was we heard the Ovilus say it then laughed.

#78 4 years ago

This shadow or apparition was caught on Ghost Adventures while they investigated "Bobby Mackey's Music World" in Wilder, KY. Actually, On this date 11 years ago, Ghost Adventures premiered on the Travel Channel. The show would return a year later which I was interviewed.

This is a weird place to investigate.

FilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gifFilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gif
#83 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s a dude moving.

Yeah! It does look like a dude - that's what's compelling about this video Believe what you want but the entire back of the basement where that shadow was filmed is completely packed with big and heavy stuff. I mean refrigerators, vending and claw machines all stored down there. Here's a vid I shot with just the guys from the show. The shadow and all the crap would have been to my left. There was no space to move that freely like that shadow. I went to that location and the basement is pretty much a pig sty shortly after the episode aired. There was something kind of floating around which could only be picked up by the infra red. Weird place. Actually, it was so weird and so much sh*t happened to the attendees, they had me and several others back for interviews for the "return" episode.

#88 4 years ago

Mark and Debby were some of our dearest friends for 10 years. They were witnesses for us at our wedding. It’s funny when you spend 20 or 30 hrs. alone with people in the dark you become real good friends. We hung out investigating at conferences and private hunts. We hhit it off with these two.

We would talked with them at least a few times a month and knew they were having problems with their marriage. We Just never thought it would end up like it did. Mark tried to kill Debbie once but was let out on bond with his daughter. He later tracked her down at her roommates place. He shot him in the face then took her to his daughters apartment where he ended up killing Debby and then himself. The messed up thing was both sides of families were at odds. One side blamed the other. There was no funeral really. It was like my friends we’re gone with no way to grieve. It was actually Debby’s Birthday yesterday.
70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpeg70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpegD8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpegD8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpeg
C3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpegC3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpeg
0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg

#91 4 years ago

The GoldHill Hotel in Virginia City, Nevada is a really cool place to stay. Actually its where we got married in the photo above with Mark and Debby. Its the oldest hotel in Nevada and sits on top of what used to be the Yellow Jacket mine. One of their hotel rooms you can rent is separate from the rest of the hotel. It was an office building for the Yellow Jacket mine and sits on where a bunch of miners died in a fire. We've stayed there several times and its without a doubt haunted. We've heard footsteps and things get moved around. It sounds funny but one time the bed felt like someone sat down on the bottom while we were all sleeping.

Mark and Debby would go there and Virginia City often since they lived in Reno. When visiting them, they told us a time they had recently stayed there on their Anniversary. In the middle of the night, they heard what sounded like a raccoon rummaging through the front rooms and kitchen. They heard pots being rattled with newspapers being ripped up and thrown around. They were in the back bedroom huddled up like 2 spider monkeys holding on to each other terrified thinking an animal got in. After the noises stopped they went out to have a look and nothing was out of place. Not a thing. Everything was in place and exactly how they left it for the night.

Yellow Jacket Mine Fire - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comstock_Lode#Yellow_Jacket_Mine_fire
On the morning of April 7, 1869, a fire spread at the 800-foot level in the Yellow Jacket Mine. Firefighters entered the mine but the smoke and flames pushed them back. As the fire burned, wood timbers collapsed and poisonous gases expanded into the adjacent Kentucky and Crown Point mines. The fires persisted and mine sections were sealed off and remained hot for several years. At least 35 miners died, and some bodies were never retrieved. The Yellow Jacket Mine fire was the worst mining accident in Nevada history up to that time.

Below are photos of the GoldHill Hotel, Miners Cabin and a few "odd" photos we've taken on various trips. The photo with the green glow was taken by a friend after he heard someone say "Hey". The other was taken at night right outside the door. There was no fog or smoke when this was taken. It was clear out that night. Cold but clear.
DSC00122 (resized).JPGDSC00122 (resized).JPGDSC00121 (resized).JPGDSC00121 (resized).JPGDSC00263 (resized).JPGDSC00263 (resized).JPGGreen Mist 1 (resized).jpgGreen Mist 1 (resized).jpgGreen Mist 2 (resized).jpgGreen Mist 2 (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider habo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-believe-in-ghost-share-your-ghost-story?tu=habo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.