• Latest reply 4 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you believe in Ghost? Share your Ghost Story”

• Yes, I believe in ghosts, spirits, spooks, spectors. 29 votes
    27%
  • Yes, Im troubled by strange noises in the night and feelings of dread in my basement and attic. 4 votes
    4%
  • I've had what I think is a paranormal experience. 13 votes
    12%
  • I only believe what I can touch, smell and read in the national enquirer. 2 votes
    2%
  • I dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal. 50 votes
    46%
  • I love polls and hotdogs! I cant get enough of them! 10 votes
    9%

(Multiple choice - 108 votes by 95 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00121 (resized).JPG
DSC00122 (resized).JPG
DSC00263 (resized).JPG
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpg
Green Mist 1 (resized).jpg
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpg
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpg
Green Mist 2 (resized).jpg
0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg
C3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpeg
D8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpeg
70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpeg
FilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gif
A0E1D905-EB37-450D-B38E-50C311433223 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
TSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

On the heals of everything spooky and Halloween where the veils are supposedly thinner between the living and afterlife I was just wondering...does anyone here believe in Ghosts? I know mbaumle at least believes in the paranormal and has a new show coming out a the end of the month.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ve-got-a-new-tv-show-on-aampe

I've always been interested in the paranormal since a kid, and have wanted to go out and investigate a location with an open mind. I was very skeptical of anything ever happening. With an engineering background everything had an answer and had a logical solution. At my second go at it, I saw some unexplained lights and heard someone (not EVP but my ears) respond at the end of an empty hallway. Since then, I was hooked. I've been ghost hunting since about 2007 and have investigated Goldfield Hotel, The Washoe Club, Gold Hill Hotel, Birdcage Theater/Boot Hill, Pennhurst State School, Bobby Mackey's Music World, Waverly Hills, Sloss Furnace and Farnsworth House (Gettysburg) to name a few LOL I've probably logged 200 hours alone in The Washoe Club in NV over the years. Some of my evidence has been shown on television shows and I've been interviewed a few times.

Below are some clips from the Washoe Club. We captured this weird light anomaly while investigating over a weekend.

Does anyone have a Ghost or paranormal story, photos, videos to share?

#2 4 years ago

I guess I am an "agnostic" ghost believer. I think they exist, but I'm not 100% sure.

#3 4 years ago

Except the stay-puft marshmallow man. He totally exists.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Except the stay-puft marshmallow man. He totally exists.

Oh yes, he can still be found at Camp Waconda

#5 4 years ago

I was gonna vote “no” but then I realized I am troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night. However neither me nor any member of my family have ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost.

But I DO know, that when someone asks if you are a god, you say YES!!

#6 4 years ago

Noises at night are caused by “aints”, as in “I ain’t going, you go!”, or “that ain’t nothing I wanna know about”

#7 4 years ago

My Apartment is haunted. Everyone that has lived here says they hear things or see things and move out. Since I’ve lived here (1996) I have had three owners sell the place. The current owners never come by and ask me to do simple checks on stuff because they dread having to go in the basement or attic. I’ve heard and seen things once and awhile and approach it like “Peter Venkman.” I stay cool and casual.
It’s a trip at times when something happens and I can’t explain it, but I think of the Simulation theory and just drive on because the rent is cheap.
ECE8598C-132A-4667-A1CB-72230081B543.gifECE8598C-132A-4667-A1CB-72230081B543.gif

#8 4 years ago

Reminds me of a joke. Pastor at a church service says to the congregation, "Who here believes in ghosts?" About 1/2 the hands go up. Then he asks "Who here has seen a ghost?". Several hands go up. He then asks "Who here has had sex with a ghost?" and one old man in the back raises his hand. He asks him to come up in front of everybody and asks again "You mean to tell me that you've had sex with a ghost?". The old man looks at him surprised and says, "Ghost? Oh, I thought you said goat." LOL

#9 4 years ago

One night I was asleep in my basement. I awoke in the middle of the night and I noticed in the upper corner of the room there was a focused spot of white light behind one of my pins.

I live in an old house, so I figured there was a new crack in the foundation letting light in from outside so I didn't think much of it.

The next day I was ready to seal the crack, but upon investigation there was no crack and no gap between the basement cinder blocks and the frame of the house. Light coming in from a window could not have made the angle to shine in the corner like that.

There may be a perfectly normal explanation for the light, but I never found anything that would cause it. Nobody but me was in the basement that day or the next day and I didn't add or move anything in the room. I've never seen the light appear since.

Not much of a story, but things like that get your mind thinking.

#10 4 years ago

Im a non believer...however my wife is convinced that one of our earlier houses was haunted...

#11 4 years ago

My Ghost story: They opened for Deftones and Avenged 7x a few years back and played and sounded better than both.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Reminds me of a joke. Pastor at a church service says to the congregation, "Who here believes in ghosts?" About 1/2 the hands go up. Then he asks "Who here has seen a ghost?". Several hands go up. He then asks "Who here has had sex with a ghost?" and one old man in the back raises his hand. He asks him to come up in front of everybody and asks again "You mean to tell me that you've had sex with a ghost?". The old man looks at him surprised and says, "Ghost? Oh, I thought you said goat." LOL

LMFAO!

Quoted from dothedoo:

One night I was asleep in my basement. I awoke in the middle of the night and I noticed in the upper corner of the room there was a focused spot of white light behind one of my pins.
I live in an old house, so I figured there was a new crack in the foundation letting light in from outside so I didn't think much of it.
The next day I was ready to seal the crack, but upon investigation there was no crack and no gap between the basement cinder blocks and the frame of the house. Light coming in from a window could not have made the angle to shine in the corner like that.
There may be a perfectly normal explanation for the light, but I never found anything that would cause it. Nobody but me was in the basement that day or the next day and I didn't add or move anything in the room. I've never seen the light since.
Not much of a story, but things like that get your mind thinking.

Sometimes our ghost hunting investigations are just "weird lights" anomalies like that. A lot of times its a lot of looooong stretches of asking questions into a recorder, pausing then asking more questions for electronic voice phenomena (EVP's) with nothing responding. Then - you hear something or see something. It really is like fishing. Lots of patience.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I guess I am an "agnostic" ghost believer. I think they exist, but I'm not 100% sure.

Personally I have never seen a ghost and I work in a building that should be rife with them. Maybe the ghosts are pleased I take care of their home.

I'm of the opinion, one has to be sensitive to them to be aware of them and I simply lack the sensitivity. My wife and son however are more sensitive and both claim to have sensed a presence in a place we stayed at one night and neither one was aware the other told me this till after.

I didn't notice nothing, slept like a baby.

#14 4 years ago

So, I lived next door to this elderly man and his wife for about 8 years. When I first moved in I didn't see them much but I knew his wife was sick and he was probably trying to take care of her before she passed. Anyhow, the guy was one of those tough as nails WWII vets who still mowed his lawn at 90 something years old. I would talk to him every once in while when I was doing yard work and mowing my lawn.

One night I woke up and I saw this transparent looking silhouette that was staring at me while I was sleeping...we both kinda jumped back in surprise... then it quickly drifted out into the hallway. I rubbed my eyes and thought what in the fuck is this... must be dreaming. I looked down the hall and it appeared something was peering around the corner at me just as scared as I was. Anyhow I was like I'm seeing shit time to go back to bed.

A couple of days later I was out mowing my lawn and the little old man came out to do some yard work too. He came over and we started talking and he told me that his wife had passed the other night. I swear up and down to this day that was her passing on to another place....and I actually saw her.

#15 4 years ago

I am continuously haunted by hamsters from the past.

#16 4 years ago

When i was about 12, my grandfather had a massive stroke that left his right side paralyzed. My grandma was unable to care for him herself, so my parents built an addition on our house and they moved in with us. I asked my grandma one day if she'd ever seen a ghost.

She said one night she woke up and there was a white female figure in a flowing robe floating over her bed. She said it wasn't scary or threatening, that it as an angel, and she said "It's time to go, Betty"...and my grandma said "I can't, I have to stay here and take care of Daddy". And she said it floated there for about 10 seconds, and just said "I'll come back" -

#18 4 years ago

On a sales trip at the Disney resort in Orlando, our sales manager and her husband had a ghost encounter that freaked both of them out. I don't remember the name of the resort it was on the disney property, but it was little bungalows by the water, and they were pretty old, even in the late 1990s. During the night, they felt the end of the bed depress as if someone was sitting on it, and when they looked at the foot of the bed, there was a pirate-y looking ghost at the foot of the bed. After asking around, it was apparently not the first time he had been seen at that resort. Completely freaked both of them out, and neither were ghost believers before that.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

When i was about 12, my grandfather had a massive stroke that left his right side paralyzed. My grandma was unable to care for him herself, so my parents built an addition on our house and they moved in with us. I asked my grandma one day if she'd ever seen a ghost.
She said one night she woke up and there was a white female figure in a flowing robe floating over her bed. She said it wasn't scary or threatening, that it as an angel, and she said "It's time to go, Betty"...and my grandma said "I can't, I have to stay here and take care of Daddy". And she said it floated there for about 10 seconds, and just said "I'll come back" -

I've experienced that, but really it's just some sort of REM sleep where I'm paralyzed/can't move, try to speak but can't, not a real apparition in my case.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I’ve heard and seen things once and awhile and approach it like “Peter Venkman.” I stay cool and casual.
It’s a trip at times when something happens and I can’t explain it, but I think of the Simulation theory and just drive on because the rent is cheap.

Start selling tickets, have that place paying for itself in no time!

#21 4 years ago

I never did until after my mother died.

People working in the house who had never met her or seen current pictures of her, reported running into her when working in the basement.

Had a few instances of something calling my name, with no one in the house, no tv's or radios on, and the dogs running into the living room to see who it was.

I don't know if it was a ghost, but it sure as hell was something going on.

LTG : )

#22 4 years ago

One night, years ago in my old apartment, which was in a very old Victorian type house, I woke to a older man in overalls sitting at the edge of my bed. At the time, I thought I was dreaming, but in the morning, my girlfriend at the time told me about the man she saw on the bed too.

He wasn't someone dressed from the present. It was like an old farmer with overalls on.

#23 4 years ago

I have. In 2 cases, what I experienced was not seen by others, but they did see the affect it had on me.

Another, was seen by 2 people with me.

I tried to accept all these as self created, except it doesnt cover them all.
Almost all.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

He wasn't someone dressed from the present.

This is one thing that always confused me
So clothes come back from the dead as well and wouldn't they be the clothes you died in not the clothes you wore everyday?

#25 4 years ago

I don't know if I believe in ghosts in the "the dead are haunting you" way.

For me it's probably better stated as: There is a tremendous amount we don't understand about the universe or our own minds, and if people bucket some of that up as "ghosts", then ok.

#26 4 years ago

While I have not had or seen an image, I have had dozens of times sitting at home and or driving where my hair has that feeling of raised, like goose bumps ...

#27 4 years ago

Don’t believe in ghosts. Can’t share any ghost stories since I have none. Just plenty of memorable nightmares!

#28 4 years ago

I have a set of LED lights on the wall of my game room that turn on and off by themselves. This happens three to four times a week.

#29 4 years ago

I do and this video just convinced me that much more.....

LOL in all seriousness I do and would love to do some paranormal investigations as well.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

My Ghost story: They opened for Deftones and Avenged 7x a few years back and played and sounded better than both.

Hear hear! Took me a while to get into the 2 new (“old”) songs but I dig them now

#31 4 years ago

Love Eddie Murphy's classic bit on the difference between the way white people and black people handle hauntings:

#32 4 years ago

My brother purchased a retirement home that closed years ago and decided to open up his medical practice. That place has ghosts and they were not happy that a new owner took over. I helped with cleaning and retrofitting the facility and spent a lot of time there by myself and will say that I now believe. I believe in something. Way too many strange things occurred. The most memorable one was when all the internal doors slammed shut one by one on all 3 floors. slam, slam, slam, slam . No open windows, no drafts. Just me getting the f out of there.
My brother has had investigators and researchers over but he wanted discretion as he did not want to scare his patients. Over the years we have taken many pictures throughout the place that when developed, came back with small spheres in the pics. They still show up today when a camera phone is used. I have seen the same spheres in pics from an alleged haunted B&B.
It has been 20 years since he moved in and while I still encounter odd things they don't really faze me much anymore. It has always made sense to me that there would be ghosts. This was a retirement home and many people died there alone and unhappy.

#33 4 years ago

I believe they exist but I have never had any laranorman experience before.

#34 4 years ago

Don't do hard powdered drugs and you won't be seeing the spirits you aren't supposed to is the best advice I can give.

Some claim that is why they call alcohol "spirits", but I am yet to see any even when completely inebriated.

#35 4 years ago

I’ve got a story.

About 20 years back, I got a call at my second hand furniture store from a girl, “come around and buy my bed, ASAP!”

So I shoot around there, and she told me that she’d only got the bed a few days ago, it used to be her grandfathers bed ... after he passed she had grabbed some of his furniture, including the bed. And last night, she woke up in the middle of the night and grand dad was lying in the bed next to her! She was pretty freaked out ... She wanted that bed outta there! Lol

So I gave her some bucks and loaded it up.

No sooner did I get back to my shop, one of my buddies rang me. “My Mrs kicked me out, have you got any decent beds for sale?”

“Have I got the deal for you, buddy!”

So I sold him the bed ... somehow I seemed to forget to tell him about the ghosts though. Lol!

A couple of years later, my buddy decided to go overseas for a while, and I went around and bought all his furniture from him. I asked if he’d ever seen any ghosts on the bed, and he said no, why’s that? I told him the story and we had some lols. Haha

rd

#36 4 years ago

Yes ghost are real so are demons,angels etc

#37 4 years ago

took a Ouija board into my dads funeral home, couldn't get a damn ghost to respond!!!

#38 4 years ago

There is NO SUCH THING as Ghosts and believe me I'm in the haunted house business. I've been in every single type of spooky place you can imagine and NO GHOSTS! Ghosts is a business horror movies, old building tours, blah, blah... its just like the haunted house business.

#39 4 years ago

In college, I lived in a 100+ year old apartment building that weird stuff would happen with some regularity. While I initially thought ghosts/haunting, now I'm not so sure.

Logically looking at ghosts and hauntings, there are a number of things that don't make sense. I think that most ghost/hauntings are due to psychologically-induced phenomenons in the brain (sleep disorders, chemical imbalances, magnetic field induced, etc).

1. Why is there no legitimate research on the subject at the university level? If there was potential proof about the afterlife, it should be the number one research topic and papers/evidence would be regularly released.

2. Why are most ghosts only seen by one person at a time. It would seem logical that with the volume of ghost that people see, at some point, a group of people should see a ghost simultaneously, but that rarely seems to be the case.

3. Why are most ghosts only seen when someone wakes up from sleeping, when it is dark, when they are alone, when they are in a "scary" basement/attic, etc? Why not see them while I'm eating lunch or doing yard work or any other normal activity?

4. Since when are "orbs" in pictures considered ghosts or spirits? These are just specs of dust picked up by the camera's flash.

5. EVPs - Not sure what to make of these. On the old tape recorders, I chalked it up to an artifact left on the tape that wasn't cleared before reuse. I believe most of the ghost hunting shows use a white noise generator, so some of the EVPs could be just a random noise combination that our brain interprets as a statement.

6. I think most lights/sounds that are attributed to hauntings are probably caused by something inside the house. If these ghost shows were legitimate, they should turn off the main breaker in the building to remove electric and magnetic field and turn off all electronic devices. My guess is that the "ghost" wouldn't show.

7. Don't get me started on so-called mediums and psychics such as John Edwards or Sylvia Brown that claim they can talk to the dead. These people are straight-up frauds taking advantage of vulnerable people that want to believe that they're loved ones that have passed are OK. Frauds like these should be thrown in jail.

#40 4 years ago

I’ve got probably the most innocuous ghost story ever, lolll.

When we lived in NYC, my husband had a cat that he’d gotten before we met (ie older cat). He suffered congestive heart failure, and while at the vet, he crashed. They called us up, and asked us if we wanted them to try to save him and we said to let him pass. A minute or two later, our other (younger) cat started playing really enthusiastically with “nothing”, and we comforted ourselves saying that it was the ghost of the older cat.

Over the years, we would feel something like a cat jumping up on the bed, but when we looked, nothing would be there. We’d explain it to ourselves that it must have been the other spouse, a muscle twitch, whatever...just something normal. During this time we moved a few times, and we still felt the jumps. We’d joke that it was the older cat staying with us.

One night at our last house, I was wide awake reading. It was 1am, and the rest of the house was fast asleep. I happened to look up from my book, and as I do, I feel one of the phantom jumps right where I was looking. And as I watch, I see the sheets move by themselves like a cat was settling down! I then started to feel a “purr” against my leg that was exactly like the distinctive purr of the older cat!!!!

A year or two after that, the younger cat eventually passed away. We haven’t felt the phantom jumps since then. I like to think that the older cat waited around until his friend could join him!

#41 4 years ago

As many of you probably know I hosted an internet technology show from 2010-2018. The first shop we filmed in (2010-2014) had a lot of "weird quirks".

Mostly lights turning on, but sometimes off. I came out of the bathroom once to find the shop dark. We'd find the lights on when we arrived, or they're turn on while we were out for lunch, or when we were in a different room. I kept my pins there too and once we came in to find AFM switched on.

My sister's friend (who is into ghosts) visited and they pointed out something I'd never noticed - tape residue over the main light switch. Grabbed some duct tape off my pegboard and yup, the size matched. A previous tenant (or the landlord) had taped the switch shut at some point!

Also we'd find things laying on the floor when we arrived - a wall clock (which I still have, complete with "ghost crack"), power strips, books off a shelf once, post it notes off tables. One shop neighbor installed car stereos. About once a week we'd have to stop filming as the thumping bass of a demo shook the building. Nothing fell off the walls during that. (Then he got busted for drugs and left which explains how he could sell so few stereos)

One really weird thing not long before we moved. I have this big metal shop fan, you know with the grills? Anyway I'm sitting in shop one afternoon, and the fan was sitting maybe 12 feet from me, not turned on. Out of the blue I hear "ziiiiiiiing!" from it, the same sound it would make if you ran your fingernail across the metal grills. I turned and looked, but was desensitized by that point.

Moved out in 2014 and appreciated new shop where you could work late without freaking yourself out.

Who knows what causes this stuff? Could be weaknesses in space-time, some "error" in the underlying structure of our universe, could be overlaps in parallel dimensions. Maybe the universe is simulated and having too many consciousnesses in one area over time (such as hotels, theaters, hospitals) causes memory leaks and errors in the simulation?

I just know in my experience there can be "strange areas" for whatever reason. And it's a very different thing to simply visit a "haunted place" once versus living/working in one every day for years.

#42 4 years ago
ED844A13-189D-4E07-B4FF-686045A563E4 (resized).pngED844A13-189D-4E07-B4FF-686045A563E4 (resized).png
#43 4 years ago

"heck, my gradma would spin yarns about a spectral locomotive"

#44 4 years ago

I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, but I do like reading about people's ghost stories.

I have a wild and vivid imagination, so there are times when I might feel like I'm being "watched" or scared about going into a dark basement for no real reason other than the thought of seeing a ghost.

I wonder if some people just see what they want to see, like if a family member dies and they never got closure, they see their "ghost" walking through the house one night and hear noises.

Dreams can blend into waking. Have any of you ever experienced sleep paralysis? I have a few times and it's absolutely crazy.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe the universe is simulated and having too many consciousnesses in one area over time (such as hotels, theaters, hospitals) causes memory leaks and errors in the simulation?

If we're in a simulation there's a nonzero chance that someone is stuck in a closet-sized house with only a chair and a clown picture on the wall opposite the chair and no windows or doors, crying and peeing themselves while newspapers pile up outside. Or at least that's the case if the simulation is like The Sims.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I wonder if some people just see what they want to see, like if a family member dies and they never got closure, they see their "ghost" walking through the house one night and hear noises.

I think that's a big part of it. Would explain the very common story of coming home from a loved one's funeral and seeing them sitting by your bed/in a chair shortly after. Loss is a big part of it, great example being the late 1800's spiritualism movement after the Civil War.

Sleep paralysis is an interesting one because it follows the changing superstitions of man. In the middle ages they thought a mare was standing on their chest at night (nightmare) or an old hag or witch. Now in the modern age it's attributed to alien abduction since we're familiar with space travel and UFO stories.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I've experienced that, but really it's just some sort of REM sleep where I'm paralyzed/can't move, try to speak but can't, not a real apparition in my case.

They call this "Riding with the Witch" muhuhahaha bahahaha muhu cough cough cack......

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

This is one thing that always confused me
So clothes come back from the dead as well and wouldn't they be the clothes you died in not the clothes you wore everyday?

I'm no expert (no one really is) but the way its been explained to me is its whatever that person thinks/wishes they should appear with on. My analogy is what they mentioned in the Matrix - "Residual self image (RSI) is the subjective appearance of a human while connected to the Matrix."

Quoted from Eric_S:

Logically looking at ghosts and hauntings, there are a number of things that don't make sense. I think that most ghost/hauntings are due to psychologically-induced phenomenons in the brain (sleep disorders, chemical imbalances, magnetic field induced, etc).
1. Why is there no legitimate research on the subject at the university level? If there was potential proof about the afterlife, it should be the number one research topic and papers/evidence would be regularly released.

You can take courses and get a degree in Psychology with a Parapsychology major. When people say there is no solid scientific proof of ghosts and the afterlife, that technically correct. Its not scientific proof because it is non repeatable in a controlled setting. Its also not exactely looked upon seriously.
https://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/about-paranormal/can-you-earn-degree-paranormal-studies

Quoted from Eric_S:

2. Why are most ghosts only seen by one person at a time. It would seem logical that with the volume of ghost that people see, at some point, a group of people should see a ghost simultaneously, but that rarely seems to be the case.

People see things together all the time although most of the time its unexplainable light or shadows. Its very rare to see a full blown apparition that appears like someone is just standing there. Thoughts and theories are that the spirit hasn't enough energy to do so. Some believe the spirit hasn't learned how to "manifest" or appear. Another belief is that if there isn't enough energy to form, the simplest shape is a orb.

Quoted from Eric_S:

3. Why are most ghosts only seen when someone wakes up from sleeping, when it is dark, when they are alone, when they are in a "scary" basement/attic, etc? Why not see them while I'm eating lunch or doing yard work or any other normal activity?

They can appear anywhere anytime. As far as investigating, its easier to see a faint light or type of manifestation in the dark. Think of using a flashlight in the day. You cant see the light given off from it because its saturated by other light. Some manifestations don't appear to the naked eye because its out of our electromagnetic field of view. Infrared and Ultraviolet cameras/video cameras can see beyond our vision and made to see in the dark and low light.

Quoted from Eric_S:

4. Since when are "orbs" in pictures considered ghosts or spirits? These are just specs of dust picked up by the camera's flash.

Pictures of "orbs" are always suspicious to a lot of people. Tons of dust and other partical in the air that are close to the focal length of the camera lenses can appear to be "glowing orbs". Pictures kind of suck because its only a snapshot of the whole story. What's more convincing is a video of something that is moving with "purpose" The video I first posted wasn't dust particle nor an animal or insect. I don't know wtf it was

Quoted from Eric_S:

5. EVPs - Not sure what to make of these. On the old tape recorders, I chalked it up to an artifact left on the tape that wasn't cleared before reuse. I believe most of the ghost hunting shows use a white noise generator, so some of the EVPs could be just a random noise combination that our brain interprets as a statement.

A parapsychologist, Barry Taff said the chances of you video'ing a full blown apparition/ghost is the equivalent to trying to film a plane crash at the airport. Barry is a brainiac that has been investigating this stuff since the 70's. Have you heard of the movie "The Entity". That was his first case. After trying to capture something on video all the time and lugging a bunch of equipment, I've scaled back to using a recorder most of the time.

Electronic voice phenomena in a nutshell are voices from an "unknown origin" and in my opinion, your biggest bang for your buck when investigating. No one uses tape recorders anymore but a simple electronic voice recorder. Any recorder will do. It seems though that the "noisier" the internal circuit is actually is better for recording EVP's. I LOVE the RR-DR60 Digital EVP Recorder (1998 Japanese model). This is considered by many to be the "holy grail" of EVP (spirit voice) recorders, and this Japanese model is the most sought-after by investigators.

An unclear EVP always sound like "random noise". Spirits have no voice box and it varies how well they come through in an EVP. Some are "fast-talkers" and once the audio is slowed down you can make out the message. Some have better harmonics with tone and you can tell whether its a women, man or kid talking. Others are just crap and unintelligible even after clearing them up with computer software. It also take a bit of getting used to hearing them. Its the same as someone talking with a different dialect. Some are so clear there's no doubt as to what is being said. Good friends of mine - Mark and Debby Constantino (now deceased) could almost have real-time communication going on by asking a few question then listening back right away. It was fascinating and insane to watch them. They were absolutely the best at it and made me a believer.

Heres a short video of a few of us investigating at the Washoe Club back in 2008. It was still light out yet. Billy is off camera trying to get something working and you can here him getting frustrated. We were sort of taking a break but still recoding on our DVR and audio recorder. We captured some pretty interesting and clear EVP's. Billy tried to add sub-titles to help listen for the EVP. Mind you that no one in the room heard these voices. What I think is really infesting is that you can hear them responding to the conversations. Its almost like they are investigating us Love this vid. I was investing upstairs and wasn't in the video. EVP's captured were:

"All the time"
"That's my name"
"How do you know its not money" or "How do you know its not ma' name"
"Its your grave" said after Billy asks Jeff why doesn't he sit on the blanket

Quoted from Eric_S:

6. I think most lights/sounds that are attributed to hauntings are probably caused by something inside the house. If these ghost shows were legitimate, they should turn off the main breaker in the building to remove electric and magnetic field and turn off all electronic devices. My guess is that the "ghost" wouldn't show.

Shows aren't exactly how everyone investigates however, many I've seen do try and turn everything off. Turning off the breaker would be a sure way to rule out everything but you almost want to have the electrical box checked for high EMF over 100mg. High EMF can affect the brain and create the "feeling" of being watched/creeped out. EMF at low frequencies of 20Hz have the same effect. A scientist figured out when his office fan was turned on he had a feeling of being watched.

Quoted from Eric_S:

7. Don't get me started on so-called mediums and psychics such as John Edwards or Sylvia Brown that claim they can talk to the dead. These people are straight-up frauds taking advantage of vulnerable people that want to believe that they're loved ones that have passed are OK. Frauds like these should be thrown in jail.

I agree. There are some real "Psychic TURDS" out there. I skeptical of them until they can prove me wrong. I've seen some good ones that are spot on most of the time. They are not 100% but pretty good.

Quoted from drfrightner:

There is NO SUCH THING as Ghosts and believe me I'm in the haunted house business. I've been in every single type of spooky place you can imagine and NO GHOSTS! Ghosts is a business horror movies, old building tours, blah, blah... its just like the haunted house business.

I hear you and understand. There are people that are skeptical until they've experienced something they can explain. Then there are those that are cynical that will never believe. They could be having a conversation with there dead parents and still pan the experience.

No one is trying to convince anyone. We're just sharing stories and personal accounts.

Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Yes ghost are real so are demons,angels etc

If you investigate long enough you will eventually come into contact with some of the darker things that exist out there. I've come into contact with some negative stuff at 2 locations. Afterwards, there was activity at my house which eventually went away. It was a little concerning for a bit until I got rid of it or them

#49 4 years ago

Yeah, I was gonna say I "believe in Ghost," it is a movie from 1990 starring Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze and Whoopi Goldberg. 100% fact.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeah, I was gonna say I "believe in Ghost," it is a movie from 1990 starring Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze and Whoopi Goldberg. 100% fact.

Demi Moore is so pretty. Check out "Blame it on Rio" if you want to see "orbs".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-believe-in-ghost-share-your-ghost-story?hl=tbpilot78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.