• Latest reply 4 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you believe in Ghost? Share your Ghost Story”

• Yes, I believe in ghosts, spirits, spooks, spectors. 29 votes
    27%
  • Yes, Im troubled by strange noises in the night and feelings of dread in my basement and attic. 4 votes
    4%
  • I've had what I think is a paranormal experience. 13 votes
    12%
  • I only believe what I can touch, smell and read in the national enquirer. 2 votes
    2%
  • I dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal. 50 votes
    46%
  • I love polls and hotdogs! I cant get enough of them! 10 votes
    9%

(Multiple choice - 108 votes by 95 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00121 (resized).JPG
DSC00122 (resized).JPG
DSC00263 (resized).JPG
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpg
Green Mist 1 (resized).jpg
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpg
Virginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpg
Green Mist 2 (resized).jpg
0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg
C3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpeg
D8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpeg
70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpeg
FilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gif
A0E1D905-EB37-450D-B38E-50C311433223 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
TSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Weird stuff used to happen at my house. My wife (girlfriend at the time) absolutely agrees too. Our keys would move from one place to another, little stuff like that. But it would seem to increase if we were gone and came back, like if we went on vacation or something. We nicknamed it "Ghosty". And she read up about paranormal/poltergeist activities, and that they want to be acknowledged. So we would always say goodbye to "Ghosty" when we were going away or something. One night I was playing pinball by myself downstairs, and all of a sudden the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up, and i could FEEL something right behind me - I whipped around, of course nothing was there, but I shut all the games and lights off and went upstairs, I was that rattled.

I've been renting the house out about 11 years now - a pair of girls (well, in their early 40s - women) lived there almost 6 years, and about 3 years in, we were talking and I mentioned to them "the house is haunted, by the way".... They both said, Oh, I believe you", and said that the oven door would just pop open by itself, other things, but nothing scary or harmful, but they both said they felt something.

Just last year, I had to evict a couple people after only 5 months (first time ever). Three days into their stay (in December), they called me at 1030 at night, the furnace went out (have never had a problem with it). I went and dicked around with it and got it running again - no idea what it was. Then a day or 2 later, something else, and something else - smoke alarms going off, all kinda crap. I was over there 3 times in the first week. And my wife said "Ghosty doesn't want these people here". Well, after a few months neither did I, so we got rid of them, apologized to Ghosty, and have a nice young couple in there now. No more problems.

#52 4 years ago

I lived near New Orleans for several years and while there, some people I met there told me that I should get a bag of stuff to hang on my vehicle rear view mirror that would help with my "mojo". There were very serious and offered to help me acquire this thing. They talked about voodoo and things like that. I politely declined and thanked them for their concern. They were nice people. I don't really believe in this type thing so it has little meaning for me. Never seen a ghost that I was aware of, but perhaps I am not "awakened" enough. All I can say is I see things in black and white, facts, numbers, gears, parts, etc, etc... I do however notice, at times, people attempting to scare me with trickery, which is not likely to work. Lots of Hollywood movies out there to glamorize the occult. They are just that... Fiction...

#53 4 years ago

So do apparitions see you when you are in a private situation that would be embarrassing to you? (Dropping a deuce, in the shower etc.) What if those apparitions were deceased relatives? Same with guardian angels. Do they look the other way in times like that? 'Cause otherwise that's disturbing. Inquiring minds...

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I lived near New Orleans for several years and while there, some people I met there told me that I should get a bag of stuff to hang on my vehicle rear view mirror that would help with my "mojo".

Its probably for the best you didn't accept it. You never know what "intentions" people have and its been know that people into the occult often give odd gifts like that to unsuspecting people.

John Zaffis (Nephew of Ed/Lorrain Warren) has a haunted museum where he has collected items believed to be cursed or haunted. A story he told me is of a woman who was on vacation somewhere and she purchased a hand carved wooden mask. She brought it home and hung it somewhere in the house. Soon after she was waking up with bruses and scratching on her arms, legs and back. She called John and told him about it and he said bring it to the house. Upon inspection, he noticed the mask had human hair from several differing sources bound in it. Once he "neutralized or "blessed" it he kept it in his museum. The woman didn't have problems afterwards.

https://www.johnzaffis.com/

920x920 (resized).jpg920x920 (resized).jpg
#55 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So do apparitions see you when you are in a private situation that would be embarrassing to you? (Dropping a deuce, in the shower etc.) What if those apparitions were deceased relatives? Same with guardian angels. Do they look the other way in times like that? 'Cause otherwise that's disturbing. Inquiring minds...

What you do not know will not hurt you

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Have you heard of the movie "The Entity". That was his first case.

My dad was a patrolman in Culver City when this happened. He responded to the house where everything went down and said it was one of the weirdest things he’d ever seen. That’s as much detail as I got.

#57 4 years ago

The only way someone is going to see me in the restroom is if they put an illegal camera in there.
And the person that did that, is disturbed, and will likely be arrested for it.
No ghosts allowed in the restroom... End of story...

#58 4 years ago

Certainly an interesting subject and being based on science for my career and just in general, sometimes these kind of things are just super hard to explain...with that said, I had a weird experience happen and it didn’t involve seeing or hearing anyone or anything but rather seeing something else...my Dad was killed in a motorcycle accident many years ago and several years later I noticed while showering that his name was written on the glass in the shower...it came out of nowhere and I thought well maybe one of the kids, who were young at the time, wrote it there...so,I finished up and squeegeed the glass doors to clean them off...one of my kids showered later that night and said daddy there’s a name written on the glass...who is it? So they knew his name but called him grandpa only by what they had heard as he had passed before they were born...sure enough the name was,back, written into the fog filled glass...just as I had seen it before...I was starting to get a little weirded out but squeegeed the door again and it was gone...the glass completely clean...I even cleaned it again with cleaner, etc. just trying to make sure I wasn’t crazy...sure enough it was gone and the glass was clear as could be...the next day it was back...now I was getting really freaked out and just went with it as I didn’t know what to do...this went on for just 2 days and then was completely gone and I haven’t seen it since...was it Dad saying Hi or checking on us, maybe...but the craziest thing of all was, this name, his name, that kept appearing written on the glass was in his handwriting as if he’d literally walked up and wrote it himself...

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

Certainly an interesting subject and being based on science for my career and just in general, sometimes these kind of things are just super hard to explain...with that said, I had a weird experience happen and it didn’t involve seeing or hearing anyone or anything but rather seeing something else...my Dad was killed in a motorcycle accident many years ago and several years later I noticed while showering that his name was written on the glass in the shower...it came out of nowhere and I thought well maybe one of the kids, who were young at the time, wrote it there...so,I finished up and squeegeed the glass doors to clean them off...one of my kids showered later that night and said daddy there’s a name written on the glass...who is it? So they knew his name but called him grandpa only by what they had heard as he had passed before they were born...sure enough the name was,back, written into the fog filled glass...just as I had seen it before...I was starting to get a little weirded out but squeegeed the door again and it was gone...the glass completely clean...I even cleaned it again with cleaner, etc. just trying to make sure I wasn’t crazy...sure enough it was gone and the glass was clear as could be...the next day it was back...now I was getting really freaked out and just went with it as I didn’t know what to do...this went on for just 2 days and then was completely gone and I haven’t seen it since...was it Dad saying Hi or checking on us, maybe...but the craziest thing of all was, this name, his name, that kept appearing written on the glass was in his handwriting as if he’d literally walked up and wrote it himself...

Can we ask what his name was? Only asking if it was Al, maybe a coincidence as it is a short name, but Manny or Robert/Michael/Matthew (more than 2 letters) that's not a coincidence.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My dad was a patrolman in Culver City when this happened. He responded to the house where everything went down and said it was one of the weirdest things he’d ever seen. That’s as much detail as I got.

What a coincidence From memory, it was a "poltergeist" case where "she" was the one haunting the home. This is when someone or "agent" is under tons and tons of stress projects the activity. It also can be an adolescent entering puberty. The activity is usually short lived and not harmful but the Doris Bither case was to her. In the one picture below, I think Barry Taff said they had all sorts of crazy cameras and equipment there to try and photograph something. High speed film, infrared film but the best picture they captured was this arc of light which was actually visible at the time. He points out that the light can be seen in the middle of the room and as such does is not projected by anything otherwise it would have shown so in the corner of the room.

Here's a cool article about the case and Doris Bither.
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2008/09/21/the-entity-haunting-the-true-story-of-doris-bither

I've heard that law enforcement get calls all the time that weird stuff is happening but there's nothing happening at the time. Theres a former NYPD that was so blown away by some stuff he saw that he became a demonologist. A loosely based movie was made called "Deliver Us from Evil" about him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Sarchie
TSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpgTSFS_10_12_17 (resized).jpg

#61 4 years ago

There's a new show called "The Holzer Files" that's been really interesting and pretty good. Hans Holzer was considered the first Paranormal Investigator. His work served as the inspiration for Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis’ screenplay for Ghostbusters. The show features a small team of experts (Dave Schrader, Cindy Kaza, and Shane Pittman) re-investigates Holzer’s cases going back to the 1950’s to see if there have been any new developments throughout the decades. They include old movie footage and audio from Holtzers original investigations while consulting his daughter Alexandra Holtzer. The small team interview current residents and perform their own investigation. Actually a cool concept.

The lead Dave Schrader is a popular radio host and conducted one of the last interviews Hans Holzer before he passed away. Hes also is a buddy of mine and was in my wedding ;P

Its on the Travel Channel at Thursdays at 10PM.

https://press.discovery.com/us/trv/programs/holzer-files/
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#62 4 years ago

Can we ask what his name was? Only asking if it was Al, maybe a coincidence as it is a short name, but Manny or Robert/Michael/Matthew (more than 2 letters) that's not a coincidence.

I'm betting the name was Kohler.

#63 4 years ago

In AMH if the pops aren't advancing War Fort or Bar Ghost they collect EVP's (electronic voice phenomenon) X # of hits and you hear one of eight random clips.

ANYWAY... one of them is a real EVP (aside from the radio tuning sound in front of it) It's SFX/_FE/EVH.wav on the card.

It's a raspy voice saying "There's a woman back there". My sister's friend captured it in a basement during a ghost hunt.

Hope this doesn't hurt the fairly still decent resale value of the game

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In AMH if the pops aren't advancing War Fort or Bar Ghost they collect EVP's (electronic voice phenomenon) X # of hits and you hear one of eight random clips.
ANYWAY... one of them is a real EVP (aside from the radio tuning sound in front of it) It's SFX/_FE/EVH.wav on the card.
It's a raspy voice saying "There's a woman back there". My sister's friend captured it in a basement during a ghost hunt.
Hope this doesn't hurt the fairly still decent resale value of the game

If anything that should increase it, another new and first in pinball

#65 4 years ago

His name was Frank

#66 4 years ago

I was working on one of my pins in the garage one night, completely quiet since my wife and kids were asleep. All the sudden I heard someone call my name like they were 5 feet away. I responded “what”. No answer. I walked into the house and everyone was still asleep. No way it was a prank. The voice actually sounded like a guy I knew that died months before. Needless to say I keep some music playing when I work on them now.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Was it a brick-lined basement? Ones with high iron content have been shown to imprint sound and play it back randomly. There's some saloon where you can hear music playing from the 1800s and it's magnetically recorded in the bricks.

And if not, WAS there a woman back there?

#68 4 years ago

I was at my in-laws for the weekend. One morning, my wife and her Mom went to pick up prescriptions. Meanwhile, my Father-in-law watched TV in the basement while I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day. I picked up the toothbrush when I heard a female say "Hey Buddy!" outside in the hallway. I opened up the bathroom door to see our dog standing there. The voice was pretty loud and even reverberated a bit inside the bathroom.

My in-laws routinely hear their names called in the house. The only history we know about it is the woman that owned it prior died of cancer and her kids sold us the house.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

her kids sold us the house.

And probably didn't mention any strange occurrences going on, or why they sold the house.

LTG : )

#70 4 years ago

I dont know if I believe in ghosts or not, but heres an interesting picture I took earlier this year. We have a cabin on the Alaqua River in Walton County Florida where we spend time on weekends, and I stop by and check on it a few times a week on my way to and from work. On this occasion, when I pulled up there were a couple young deer in the yard, and I was trying to get a picture of them to show my wife. The deer took off running along the river bank and I tried to get a pic out of the open window of my truck. The deer ran out of the frame before i snapped this shot, but when I looked at the pic later on I noticed this apparent spectre standing in the field looking at me.
The area was populated by natives for thousands of years as I have found stone spear points and pottery shards on our property, and it’s also known that a man was cut in half by a sawmill in the early 1900’s very near where this picture was taken. So take it as you may, I think its a very interesting picture regardless.

A0E1D905-EB37-450D-B38E-50C311433223 (resized).jpegA0E1D905-EB37-450D-B38E-50C311433223 (resized).jpeg
#71 4 years ago

I go back and forth, however I had some good experiences, it just they were so long ago and I have been investigating the paranormal since then with little experiences that cannot be explained another way.

When I was younger I was fully awake in bed and had the covers ripped off me. I wasn't asleep or dreaming. Freaked me out so much I knocked the bedside light off the stand trying to turn it on so fast. I also Heard my drum set banging down in the basement by itself. One time I was in the basement and no one was home and heard what sounded like footsteps above me followed by what sounded like someone jumping up and down in the same spot for a minute or two. When I had the courage to go up stairs to investigate it stopped. My parents kept feeling like someone was getting into bed with them in the middle of the night so when they went on vacation somewhere, I house sit the place by myself and set up a camera recording me all night. I didn't feel anyone get into the bed with me but did capture some strange noises I cannot explain. I was by myself and my parents did not have any pets at that time. Here is the video from it:

The house we just bought a few years ago the security cameras go off all the time for no reason, I have them programmed to ignore the dogs. This camera captured this shadow moving on the basement door when no one was home. Watch the only visible shut door in the camera and you will see it. Shadow starts at the top left of the door and moves down:

https://www.facebook.com/chris.dennis.1806/videos/1932298146780279/?t=9

After we closed on the house I ran a search through an online company and found out someone died in our house. Can't find anymore information out other then his name, the date and his age. Judging by his age I would suspect it was due to a heart attack or other age related health issue. Weird thing is he didn't even live in the house. I think he was friends with the prior owner and was maybe visiting when it happened.

Also there was a certain time can't say which pin it was (because I bought about 3 or 4 machines within a 1 month period) but there was a point in which my dogs starting going out in the game room and just staring at nothing. Lately my one dog keeps going out there and going underneath the games then coming back out.

The things that are making me start to shy away from believing is I have been several places that are supposed to be crawling with ghosts and cannot find any evidence from investigations I performed there. My aunt owns an old converted warehouse turned into an antique store that was once a bootlegging operation and we have investigated there, places in gettysburg some old places in lancaster ect and haven't had anything crazy happen. I also am starting to feel like if they were true there would be definite proof of them by now. Most of the videos I have seen are clearly faked or could be something else that was mistaken for a ghost. I am even starting to doubt my own experiences trying to rationalize them.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was it a brick-lined basement? Ones with high iron content have been shown to imprint sound and play it back randomly. There's some saloon where you can hear music playing from the 1800s and it's magnetically recorded in the bricks.

What? I've never heard of that. I'll have to look it up.

Re: the EVP yes there was a woman in the basement when they caught it. It's pretty creepy.

#73 4 years ago

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What? I've never heard of that. I'll have to look it up.
Re: the EVP yes there was a woman in the basement when they caught it. It's pretty creepy.

I wish I could remember the name of the saloon or even where it was. I only remember reading about it as somewhere in the US. It was a pretty interesting outcome for the "haunted" music people heard.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Limestone is also suppose to have properties that can store "events". Energy from the environment and people play back the "memory" supposedly. The Stanley Hotel in Estes Colorado is supposedly built on limestone. This is the hotel that Stephen King stayed at off season. At night he heard kids running up and down the hallway and brought it up to management. Of course, him and his wife were the only ones in the hotel. It inspired him to write "The Shinning" and later "Pet Cemetery". The hotel has a pet cemetery on the property all be it off the beaten path.

We've stayed there for a weekend during a Dave Schrader (the Holzer Files - above) ghost hunting conference. We didn't have a lot of activity there however we did hear a few EVP's calling out Daves name. On the "Ovilus" device, it called out one of the psychics Chris Fleming "gay". He's a super man-scraped type of guy and isn't gay. The Ovilus then laughed - "ha, ha, ha. There's a video on YouTube somewhere of it.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Limestone is also suppose to have properties that can store "events". Energy from the environment and people play back the "memory" supposedly. The Stanley Hotel in Estes Colorado is supposedly built on limestone. This is the hotel that Stephen King stayed at off season. At night he heard kids running up and down the hallway and brought it up to management. Of course, him and his wife were the only ones in the hotel. It inspired him to write "The Shinning" and later "Pet Cemetery". The hotel has a pet cemetery on the property all be it off the beaten path.
We've stayed there for a weekend during a Dave Schrader (the Holzer Files - above) ghost hunting conference. We didn't have a lot of activity there however we did hear a few EVP's calling out Daves name. On the "Ovilus" device, it called out one of the psychics as "gay". He's a super man-scraped type of guy and isn't gay. The Ovilus then laughed - "ha, ha, ha. There's a video on YouTube somewhere of it.

So it calls out the name of the guy who’s show your on ??? Does seem just a little gay when you think about it.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

So it calls out the name of the guy who’s show your on ??? Does seem just a little gay when you think about it.

I'm not on a show. Dave is on the Holzer Files. This was on a ghost hunting conference he put together. He usually has several paranormal "celebrities" in different locations where people switch off to investigate with every hour. At one of the rooms where Chris was we heard the Ovilus say it then laughed.

#78 4 years ago

This shadow or apparition was caught on Ghost Adventures while they investigated "Bobby Mackey's Music World" in Wilder, KY. Actually, On this date 11 years ago, Ghost Adventures premiered on the Travel Channel. The show would return a year later which I was interviewed.

This is a weird place to investigate.

FilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gifFilthyUnfoldedChamois-size_restricted.gif
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

This shadow or apparition was caught on Ghost Adventures while they investigated "Bobby Mackey's Music World" in Wilder, KY. Actually, On this date 11 years ago, Ghost Adventures premiered on the Travel Channel. The show would return a year later which I was interviewed.
This is a weird place to investigate.[quoted image]

That’s a dude moving.

While we can all have fun with this stuff, with all the scientific technology we have these days, if there was something out there, we would likely know about it.

Ben Heck nailed it with America’s Most Haunted, if you’ve listened to the call outs. Very amusing.

rd

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s a dude moving.
While we can all have fun with this stuff, with all the scientific technology we have these days, if there was something out there, we would likely know about it.
Ben Heck nailed it with America’s Most Haunted, if you’ve listened to the call outs. Very amusing.
rd

We didn't know until THIS YEAR that bacteria has languages and different bacteria have different languages they use to communicate with the other bacteria. Turns out that's why they are able to become antibiotic resistant - they TELL the others what works. By scientists injecting gibberish instructions in their "language" into the resistant bacteria (which then tells all the other bacteria gibberish) it can be defeated again with regular antibiotics. They just proved this approach this year.

So yeah, Science. But there's still a mountain of stuff we have no idea about.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So yeah, Science. But there's still a mountain of stuff we have no idea about.

No question!

But with all the paranormal investigation shows (and 1000s of followers) .... if they’d found something, they’d be busting their asses to get it out there.

At the end of the day, it’s probably quite a good gig having a ghost TV show and attending expos etc and cashing up. So good on em!

rd

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No question!
But with all the paranormal investigation shows (and 1000s of followers) .... if they’d found something, they’d be busting their asses to get it out there.
At the end of the day, it’s probably quite a good gig having a ghost TV show and attending expos etc and cashing up. So good on em!
rd

I think a ghost was guarding your outlanes on ACNC to get that score.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s a dude moving.

Yeah! It does look like a dude - that's what's compelling about this video Believe what you want but the entire back of the basement where that shadow was filmed is completely packed with big and heavy stuff. I mean refrigerators, vending and claw machines all stored down there. Here's a vid I shot with just the guys from the show. The shadow and all the crap would have been to my left. There was no space to move that freely like that shadow. I went to that location and the basement is pretty much a pig sty shortly after the episode aired. There was something kind of floating around which could only be picked up by the infra red. Weird place. Actually, it was so weird and so much sh*t happened to the attendees, they had me and several others back for interviews for the "return" episode.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Yeah! It does look like a dude - that's what's compelling about this video Believe what you want but the entire back of the basement where that shadow was filmed is completely packed with big and heavy stuff. I mean refrigerators, vending and claw machines all stored down there. Here's a vid I shot with just the guys from the show. The shadow and all the crap would have been to my left. There was no space to move that freely like that shadow. I went to that location and the basement is pretty much a pig sty shortly after the episode aired. There was something kind of floating around which could only be picked up by the infra red. Weird place. Actually, it was so weird and so much sh*t happened to the attendees, they had me and several others back for interviews for the "return" episode.

The most scary thing about this video is the fact the guy with the voice recorder ended up killing his wife (who is also in the video talking and holding the recorder) and then ended up committing suicide when the police closed in on him. True story.

#85 4 years ago

My brother and a co-worker lead retreats one summer at St. Vincent's school for boys in San Rafael, CA. People think the place is haunted and my brother and his co-worker had some unexplainable experiences. They lived on the premises and when not leading a retreat, would often be the only people on the premises.

A couple stories I remember when they were the only ones there;

1) He and his co-worker were in one room when they heard a guitar in another room strummed.

2) They were listening to music when it cuts out. They go to the room with the stereo to see what happened and all the mechanical lever switches were turned off.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The most scary thing about this video is the fact the guy with the voice recorder ended up killing his wife (who is also in the video talking and holding the recorder) and then ended up committing suicide when the police closed in on him. True story.

Yea mark and debbie constantino . Sucks it happened. Even sadder is that she was still alive when the police were aware of what was going on if I remember right

#87 4 years ago

My father died at 39, I was 13 at the time. It was a few months after he died I was home alone and decided I'd do something nice for my mom while she was out and cleaned up the house. After I was done I went in the basement and watched TV.

All of a sudden I hear footsteps upstairs, and the sliding of a chair across the floor. Excited, I thought my mom was home and rushed upstairs to greet her and see her appreciation for cleaning the house. Problem was.....there was no one in the house, she wasn't home yet, but the chair had been moved into the corner of the kitchen kitty corner to the small table, exactly the way it was when my father would have his morning coffees.

Didn't take me long to run out of the house freaked out of my mind.

#88 4 years ago

Mark and Debby were some of our dearest friends for 10 years. They were witnesses for us at our wedding. It’s funny when you spend 20 or 30 hrs. alone with people in the dark you become real good friends. We hung out investigating at conferences and private hunts. We hhit it off with these two.

We would talked with them at least a few times a month and knew they were having problems with their marriage. We Just never thought it would end up like it did. Mark tried to kill Debbie once but was let out on bond with his daughter. He later tracked her down at her roommates place. He shot him in the face then took her to his daughters apartment where he ended up killing Debby and then himself. The messed up thing was both sides of families were at odds. One side blamed the other. There was no funeral really. It was like my friends we’re gone with no way to grieve. It was actually Debby’s Birthday yesterday.
70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpeg70C44B09-7C25-4366-99EC-F7BD6B9884C3 (resized).jpegD8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpegD8B6F5F2-77DD-4FCC-898A-2BBC95A79B7E (resized).jpeg
C3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpegC3446B55-188B-44EA-A96F-B06B4D07CD63 (resized).jpeg
0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg0DF08AB8-7772-4B56-81AA-B02F336B2BC4 (resized).jpeg

#89 4 years ago

I don't believe in ghost hunting tv shows and never believed in ghosts at all until it happened to me.

My wife's mom came over and said she'd been having spirits following her around lately. She's pretty religious and superstitious, so I humored her and let her do all her blessings over our new house (we'd been in it for a year or so). Holy water, herbs, prayers, the whole thing. After she left, my bengal cat started chasing something around at 2:00 in the morning every night. At first I thought it was a bug I couldn't see, but I've never heard a cat call out to a bug like they do another cat to come play. It was happening every single night, him tearing around the house and calling for something to come play. He has two other cats to play with, but I'm thinking my cats going crazy and he's made up an imaginary friend. He'd chase it all around me if I sat on the couch to watch, a lot of duck and cover. One night I couldn't sleep and I'm sitting up on the computer playing a video game. I feel a cat pawing at my leg, then my butt wanting up in my lap and I hear cat meow. Aggravated I say "fine" and move my chair back so it can jump up. It took about a second for it to sink in that this wasn't my cat's voice. I look down and there's no cat, my cat is standing outside the door watching almost amused, called out to his "imaginary friend" again, and chases off after the invisible thing again. After a month or so of constantly being woken up by the play noise and a phantom cat jumping on the bed to lay down or trying to sit in my lap, I wasn't creeped out anymore, I was getting royally pissed. Then suddenly it just stopped happening. My cat would call out to try and make it come out for a few days and then gave up sad.

#90 4 years ago

I enjoy reading the stories, and it does seem like a lot of people have had unexplained experiences.

I used to enjoy watching the "ghost hunter" shows on TV, but now they seem anti-climatic and over-edited to enhance the drama. Show after show, and you don't end up with much in terms of hard evidence.

The best evidence we have are the stories, and boy do I enjoy hearing them.

If you're looking for something to listen to this Halloween, the Lore podcast has some good creepy tales: https://www.lorepodcast.com/

When I die, if Ghosting is an option for me, I'd like to be a friendly ghost. Help people find their lost keys, wash & dry the dishes and rewind their VHS tapes. Sure, I'll watch them while they use the toilet, but not in a creepy way.

#91 4 years ago

The GoldHill Hotel in Virginia City, Nevada is a really cool place to stay. Actually its where we got married in the photo above with Mark and Debby. Its the oldest hotel in Nevada and sits on top of what used to be the Yellow Jacket mine. One of their hotel rooms you can rent is separate from the rest of the hotel. It was an office building for the Yellow Jacket mine and sits on where a bunch of miners died in a fire. We've stayed there several times and its without a doubt haunted. We've heard footsteps and things get moved around. It sounds funny but one time the bed felt like someone sat down on the bottom while we were all sleeping.

Mark and Debby would go there and Virginia City often since they lived in Reno. When visiting them, they told us a time they had recently stayed there on their Anniversary. In the middle of the night, they heard what sounded like a raccoon rummaging through the front rooms and kitchen. They heard pots being rattled with newspapers being ripped up and thrown around. They were in the back bedroom huddled up like 2 spider monkeys holding on to each other terrified thinking an animal got in. After the noises stopped they went out to have a look and nothing was out of place. Not a thing. Everything was in place and exactly how they left it for the night.

Yellow Jacket Mine Fire - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comstock_Lode#Yellow_Jacket_Mine_fire
On the morning of April 7, 1869, a fire spread at the 800-foot level in the Yellow Jacket Mine. Firefighters entered the mine but the smoke and flames pushed them back. As the fire burned, wood timbers collapsed and poisonous gases expanded into the adjacent Kentucky and Crown Point mines. The fires persisted and mine sections were sealed off and remained hot for several years. At least 35 miners died, and some bodies were never retrieved. The Yellow Jacket Mine fire was the worst mining accident in Nevada history up to that time.

Below are photos of the GoldHill Hotel, Miners Cabin and a few "odd" photos we've taken on various trips. The photo with the green glow was taken by a friend after he heard someone say "Hey". The other was taken at night right outside the door. There was no fog or smoke when this was taken. It was clear out that night. Cold but clear.
DSC00122 (resized).JPGDSC00122 (resized).JPGDSC00121 (resized).JPGDSC00121 (resized).JPGDSC00263 (resized).JPGDSC00263 (resized).JPGGreen Mist 1 (resized).jpgGreen Mist 1 (resized).jpgGreen Mist 2 (resized).jpgGreen Mist 2 (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Ghost (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Contrast Enhanced (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpgVirginia City - Miners Cabin - Light Enhanced (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
15,699 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-believe-in-ghost-share-your-ghost-story/page/2?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.