(Topic ID: 2942)

Do WOZ and JJ Deserve a Seperate Sub-forum?

By Pintucky

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do WOZ and Jersey Jack Deserve a New Sub-forum?”

• YES 17 votes
    35%
  • NO 28 votes
    58%
  • JERSEY JACK 10 votes
    21%
  • WOZ 2 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 48 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 13 years ago

Hey all you who have great interest in the new Wizard of Oz Emerald City LE by Jersey Jack (and those of you who DON'T have much interest!). I have noticed a lot of discussion on the forums about this topic, especially by those who have already put their money down on one. There are a lot of us who have 'high anxiety' as this project keeps coming along, and of course, there are the naysayers, which keeps the discussions lively, to say the least!

There are several different threads on this same subject, yet coming from different perspectives. I scour the forums every night to see if anything new has happened with this WOZ project. Here is my question. Do you think Pinside should devote a sub-forum strictly to Jersey Jack so that it will be easy to just go there to quickly look for updates?

Stern has its own sub-forum. Why not JJ? I know his pin company is in its infancy but still, it is a new pin company that could make pinball history and with high expectations!

Please vote on this.

"Yes" or "No" for a sub-forum for this topic.
"Jersey Jack" or "Wizard of Oz" for the name.

Your vote is important.

I am casting the first vote:

"Yes" - "Jersey Jack"

Thanks,
Mike

#2 13 years ago

Well its hard for them to have their own sub-forum since unlike Stern they are still close to a year away from having their 1st pin on the market. I am on board & have put my money down on one & cant wait too see what JJ brings to the table but i'd say let them actually have something on the market before giving them their own area.

Just my 2 cents.

2 weeks later
#3 13 years ago

Not yet anyway. Maybe a couple of pins in.

4 months later
#4 12 years ago

Mike was right all along, Jersey Jack deserves his own sub-forum on Pinside.com

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

let them actually have something on the market before giving them their own area.

They have a whitewood and have made a huge impact already. Hard to deny they are making waves. There is more discussion on JJP than all the other new machines combined.

Edit: Robin already did it and I just noticed this is already in its own subforum. He is like the man behind the curtain. Maybe we should start calling him the wizard.

#7 12 years ago

Yes - Jersey Jack

#8 12 years ago

A sub forum on the developer that is changing the face of pinball.....of course!

#9 12 years ago

The iceman speaketh!

#10 12 years ago

Jersey Jack-YES WOZ-NO

#11 12 years ago

I know if not him in person his team watches/reads Pinside as well as RGP

#12 12 years ago

I have to agree with Smassa on this one.

#13 12 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball it is, check it out, it's there already. Must have shown up recently.

#14 12 years ago

Could we get one for williams too? so much tech is related to these older machines. and, you know, they actually have machines we can touch and own

#15 12 years ago

I'd throw all the JJ and WOZ threads into a JJ section.
They'll have it out any month now!

#16 12 years ago

I was just looking and the Stern subforum has 43 topics with 718 posts. JJP has 59 topics with 1288 posts. I think it was the perfect thing to do. Good job Robin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-woz-and-jj-deserve-a-seperate-sub-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.