(Topic ID: 48594)

Do we expect too much too soon from newly released pins ?

By stretch2

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hobbypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago

Its very easy to be critical of a new pin as there is no personal attachment to it. There are no memories of playing it 15 years ago and re-living some fond memory from the past while playing that game. The NIB are measured for what they are. Themes, rules, etc with no emotional attachment. Thats why is so easy to bag on them. So to me its not necessarily that we're TOO critical, just that its so EASY to be critical in general of a NIB pin.

All that said and while i appreciate STERN keeping things alive, there is nothing to change them from releasing games with incomplete code if people keep buying them AND there is no competition or alternative. And that said, look how they've turned things around in the last couple years with a new start up just starting to bite at their heals. Hopefully as JJP actually gets some games out there will be more improvements. Competition is what's really needed. Stern/JJP/and a few boutique manufacturers would be the best scenario for everyone I think.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hobbypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-we-expect-too-much-too-soon-from-newly-released-pins?tu=hobbypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.