You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lineup.JPG
HS2_Manual.JPG
loaded_HS2.JPG

#1 11 years ago

I picked up High Speed II today. However, it's still in the SUV while I wait for someone to have time to come help move it. I'm hoping someone will come tonight. When I bought Spiderman it sat in my car for three days before I had some help.

What's the longest you've ever had a "new" pin sit while you waited for some assistance?

loaded_HS2.JPGloaded_HS2.JPG HS2_Manual.JPGHS2_Manual.JPG lineup.JPGlineup.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I move em myself. Get an appliance dolly and go to town.

#3 11 years ago

Never sits in a car, a pin will take precedence over my car in the garage always. I've slid many a pin down stairs by myself

#4 11 years ago

I was nervous moving the first one. Now i just slide out one end, put those legs on, then do one corner at a time on the back and slide it on in.

#5 11 years ago

I feel for ya....it's just the wife and me and she isn't going to cut it with getting a pinball machines down my back entrance steps and into my MANCAVE. I have a neighbor across the street who helps but I have to wait on him.....one time I had to drive to work the next day with a pin still in the jeep because he wasn't home.....PATIENCE MY FRIEND.

I've slid one machine down my steps and I'll never do it again....too risky for scratching up the cab and causing issues inside the machine from bad handling. Dolly's.....eh....don't like my pins turned on there backside like that. I know they were built for it but I just don't like it.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

was nervous moving the first one. Now i just slide out one end, put those legs on, then do one corner at a time on the back and slide it on in.

I do the same. Last week I had my 12 year old son help me unload a game from the back of my truck for the first time. He's 6'1" and wears size 13 shoes. Unfortunately he only weighs 130 lbs. He nervously asked what would happen if he dropped his end. I told him to get out of the way if he lost his grip and if it fell, don't worry it can be fixed. The unload went flawlessly.

#7 11 years ago

I considered pulling the back out, putting the back two legs on, slowly leaning it onto it's rear end and then using the utility dolly to wheel it into the house. However, it's probably best to wait. I think I can get someone here late tonight after they put their kids to sleep.

I thought about asking my neighbor, but I don't think he should be carrying 100+ pounds.

#8 11 years ago

I don't want the back glass exposed to 150 degree heat in the truck, so I always put em on pin dolly and at least get them to the garage.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was nervous moving the first one. Now i just slide out one end, put those legs on, then do one corner at a time on the back and slide it on in.

Easy peazy. I do it all the time.

#10 11 years ago

Been there for a day and a half. (girlfriend's truck and she needed it before I could get it out)

#11 11 years ago

I can get them in and out of the car and into the house by myself with no problem, but do prefer help going downstairs. If anything, just to make sure it doesn't fall forward. Luckily, my wife is pretty strong and helps me move everything.

#12 11 years ago

House was built with exposed basement in rear and double removable patio doors so that would never happen. I moved in a commercial air hockey table by myself. About equal to a pool table. Last night Whirlwind #2 sat in the car overnight because I got back so late and was sick. It was out and set up this morning. That's about as bad as it gets around here.

#13 11 years ago

Never waited more than 30 minutes once home. You do not even need another person. First put it in back end first if the folded header will clear your rig roof top. Then it will be easier later to unload yourself. Pull the machine back out too you turn it about 30 degrees so that only one corner sticks past your bumper and install the first leg. Then pull it back straight and pull the front of your pin over past the bumper. Then attach second leg. Get all bolts and legs ready and at your side as well as your socket or wrench. Pull the machine almost all the way out of your rig and place it on the front legs leaving the back end still in your truck. Same method as before angle the machine slightly so that one back corner stays in your rig and put on the third leg. Then slide it out of the rig balance the remaining corner with one hand and put on the last leg with your other hand.

Simple as that I see no need to wait or leave my pin inside a car for days
That just seems like a bad temerate place to store a pin.

#14 11 years ago

https://m.northerntool.com/northerntool/product/detail.do?itemId=143654&categoryId=&path=&productName=false
Or search lift on the website.

This has been my best purchase other than the machines themselves of course.
I can easily set the machines up in the garage till I find help them moving inside.
And loading solo is no problem either.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I move em myself. Get an appliance dolly and go to town.

Same here, the powered lift truck is great but I usually use my trailer and a dolly and just roll it.

#16 11 years ago

I have always had help moving pins in and out of the basement, though sometimes I've had to meet a new neighbor to get the job done! My wife laughs because I only know the guys right next to us, but I'll go knocking doors like a vacuum salesmen in order to find someone to help me move a pin in the moment I get one home or have to move one out lol

#17 11 years ago

Good stories! A friend came over and we got it moved in. Racing games were more popular with his kids than pinball though. Maybe when they are older.

#18 11 years ago

Been using Pinball Skates for years to move machines easily by myself.
Best things ever invented as I have owned and moved tons of machines with them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Trade
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 49.99
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Electronics
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-we-all-have-this-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.