(Topic ID: 251806)

Do the new Stern pins ship with the metal leg protectors these days?

By Mad_Dog_Coin_Op

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JP plastic (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

The title kind of says it all. Just ordered a new Stern pin and was getting ready to place a Marco order for some unrelated pin parts. Was wondering if I need to also buy a set of metal leg protectors for my new purchase? Thanks in advance.

#2 6 months ago

They have plastic leg protectors.

#3 6 months ago

Last I saw they had switched from metal to plastic.....and that has been some time ago. I would be really surprised if they switched back to metal as I never heard of any issues with the plastic.

#4 6 months ago

I just looked at a pic on the JP2 thread and it looks like plastic it is.

JP plastic (resized).jpg
#5 6 months ago

I recall people saying Stern switched to plastic ones sometime during the original MET run.

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Last I saw they had switched from metal to plastic.....and that has been some time ago. I would be really surprised if they switched back to metal as I never heard of any issues with the plastic.

I'm just glad they have them. I use the metal ones on all my B / W restores. They work the best.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside