Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do the "call me" guys actually buy?”

• No 30 votes
      65%
    • Yes 16 votes
      35%

(46 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

507FC3D8-7213-4500-898D-DF348DACE6B4 (resized).jpeg
    raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    hwzsnciu (resized).jpg
    C5D4C23D-DBE2-4DE3-B222-F05A912A4CEE (resized).jpeg
    AB999491-1503-4AE1-B95F-F4762F1F852F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

Call me ! Ask for Jenny !

687-5309 !!

#47 5 years ago

I had a used car lot for 3 years. I was in the lower end of the used car trade. I was not the end of the line but you could see the end from my lot. For every car you sold, there were probably 100 people who walked into the office wanted to know how many miles on the Chevy out there. I have a lot full of Chevys. Which one? Ahh... the red one. I have 3 red Chevys. Which one? The one in the corner. Oh, OK, that one. Blah blah blah.

Finally, #101 walks in-----and drives out.

You always have to be polite. You have to assume each one of these guys has a pocket full of money. You have to eat a lot of shit when in sales.
    The brand of shit changes thru the years but never goes away.

Yeah, every once in a while you have the hot set up and 50 people want what you are selling. That's a nice problem to have.

But most of the time, you are going to have to work that sale.

I have sold 3 pins on the phone and one via text. Of the phone call sales, each unit only had two callers with some silent time between the calls. The one I sold via text was smooth transaction. All of the other texts were spammers.

Someone wants me to call back then I am going to call back. It is just part of the shit sandwich you have to eat.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Why not ask?? I bought my Space Shuttle that way.

A guy in Omaha had a Cleopatra for sale. I asked about the Seawitch that was sitting next to it. Pissed him off. Big Time. But i'll ask the next guy just the same. I'm about as shamless as a news reporter

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I agree with this 100%.
    A quick phone call saves all the back and forth time waisting you would encour either via text or email.
    If its local, ill just go look at it.
    EDIT: Also, via phone you can directly address questions the seller may neglect to address or avoid answering via email or text.

The world of texting and posting has left many who did not pay attention in school out in a field of short cotton and no place to hide.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Dude, if your woman really is the reason you as a grown as fucking man cannot buy a game, you need to re-claim your mancard and your ballsack.

Most guys don't have those kinds of problems with their wives. It's just an excuse to get away from the sales rep.

One of my old car salesmen friends had an entire desk drawer full of most any brand of cigarette you could want. And he did not smoke. Marlboro, Camels, Luckys, Viceroy, you name it. He had a pack in his desk. This way when the prospect was trying to get away from the sales situation by saying he needed to go have a smoke, my friend would just open up his desk, pull out an ashtray and ask the guy what brand he smoked. Now, the prospect can't leave.

My friend sold a lot of cars.

I'll be back.

I need to think about it

I need to talk to my wife.

All are just excuses to get away from whoever is doing the selling.

#102 5 years ago

Not related to pinball.....my sister-in-law is a texting fool. She is 79 years old. I get a text and answer her. Here comes another text and I answer. Here comes another.....

I finally told her that after 3 texts that we have a conversation going and to just call instead.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

My favorite is the text or instant message, "would you take $xxx". My standard response is I don't negotiate by email, text, or phone. When would you like to come see it? Call me to set a time.
    The only exception is when they are too far away for a come see it trip, and are willing to pick up a phone and have a conversation. Or if they call and are obviously part of the pin community and I get the feeling they are serious. But 42 text or IM messages back and forth, no thanks.

I fire it right back. Say you are asking $500.00. Someone texts and asks "Would you take $100.00?" I text back and say, "I'll take $500.00. What will you give?"

That forces them to go away or make an offer. "Wood ja take" is not an offer. It is a question. If he comes back says "I will give you $100.00" I now have an offer. I can work with that. I say, ahhh...right now I can't go that low. I just put it up for sale. However, if I still have it sale in a few weeks maybe I could look at your offer. However, I could let it go today for $450.00. Can you do $450.00?

Sometimes it works. Some times it don't. If the guy is not a scammer, learn to laugh a little bit. Shrug it off. It is just business. And everybody is wanting it cheaper than you are asking most of the time.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Only way I talk to my kids is texting, if I call directly they never pickup. Think its a millennial thing!!

That must be your kids I see riding their bicycles down the street with their cell phones glued to their faces. I about ran into the curb one day when I saw that.

Hey kid...Waaatch out for that caaaar!

Kid text code: AIRDNR

Adult in room do not reply

1 week later
    #121 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So when somone is selling a pinball machine do you leave a message saying "call me?"

I can't speak for banker, but of I called someone who had a pin for sale and I was sent to voicemail I'd leave a message saying "call me". How else are you supposed to do it?

Of course, if it was a hot pin I would not wait for him to call back. I'd be calling him back relentlessly until I was told it was sold.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-the-give-me-a-call-guys-ever-buy-anything?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.