Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do the "call me" guys actually buy?”

• No 29 votes
      64%
    • Yes 16 votes
      36%

(45 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

507FC3D8-7213-4500-898D-DF348DACE6B4 (resized).jpeg
    raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    hwzsnciu (resized).jpg
    C5D4C23D-DBE2-4DE3-B222-F05A912A4CEE (resized).jpeg
    AB999491-1503-4AE1-B95F-F4762F1F852F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zennmaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago

I'm a "written word" guy. I spend so much of my time either in noisy environments, situations with a high likelihood of interruption, or places with spotty reception that I really don't think of voice as a reliable means of communication. I can glance at a text or an email, then take a few minutes to formulate a reply, and I don't need to worry about much else. My success with phone calls is much lower.

That said, I'd be highly suspect of anyone who just says "Call me about your item". I'd think they're farming for phone numbers.

I might feel differently if it were something like "I'd really like to talk to you about the Dracula game that you have listed on Craigslist. I have some questions, could you please call me at..."

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I've made my best deals ever by taking wide shot pics and people inquiring about the ones next to it. They are asking because they really want it so we make it happen and have gotten some awesome trades like this

Yup. This. I've gotten some of my favorite games this way. That and showing up and seeing something else and asking, "Hey, would you be willing to part with that too?" True, I haven't really gotten "smoking deals", but I got the games.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

(buyer here) - every pin I've bought started w a pm, then sharing email, then phone conversation to seal the deal.
    If seller is too busy to answer a couple questions on the phone (primarily knowing he's legit, and accountable enough to answer the phone), he's too busy for my $$$

Hunh... Now that I think about it, the only pin I've ever acquired where a phone call was involved was NIB from a distributor. Everything else was all messages. I know people around here aren't necessarily big fans of Facebook, but it's how I've gotten most of my collection.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Buying from FB? not a chance for me.....

I've never bought anything FROM Facebook, but I have bought a lot of games from PEOPLE on Facebook. Every single transaction has involved exchanging messages, arranging a time to meet, a first-hand inspection, and if all is well, an envelope full of cash. In a FB group dedicated to collecting things, it's pretty easy to find out quickly who's a legit collector/trader, and who has just appeared out of nowhere with a truckload of grail games. I've also seen people alert each other about deals that seem too good to be true, and why they indeed are.

In my humble opinion, it's a lot safer and less mysterious than Craigslist, or even sometimes Pinside.

Of course, everyone should do what they feel comfortable with.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I once responded to an add for a pricey medieval madness. I showed up and he had every a list title. I ended up walking out with mm, afm, sttng, Indiana jones and white water for incredible prices because I asked.

Since we're neighbors, next time you do that, gimme a call (well, text, I suppose ). I'll "help you load stuff".

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Ha, will do. I did have to call a pinball buddy to split it with and help me move it all up the 1.5 flights of stairs with a couple 90 degree turns

That's a true friend right there!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zennmaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside