(Topic ID: 158417)

Do Stern distributors know in advance what games are coming?

By Roostking

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ff6735
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Title basically says it all, and if they do, how many games in advance do they know?

Thanks!!

#2 7 years ago

My guess is not really.

#3 7 years ago

Distributors do usually get certain info ahead of time that the general public isn't normally privy to.

#4 7 years ago

I was more centered on GB...so overall I'm sure they know quite a bit. My Distro would say "your game will be here next wee" on an older game...this game I'm getting a window...and the first time I heard it was coming in has long passed.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was more centered on GB...so overall I'm sure they know quite a bit. My Distro would say "your game will be here next wee" on an older game...this game I'm getting a window...and the first time I heard it was coming in has long passed.

It isn't only happening with GB. Stern is way behind filling orders. I've been waiting for my MET pro for close to three months. During that time, my distro twice gave me dates that came and went. This kind of backlog at Stern is unprecedented.

#6 7 years ago

I meant, do distros know what pin is getting released next, or after that. So do the distros known what game is coming after GB, and the game after that.

Thanks for the replies so far.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I meant do distros know what pin is getting released next, or after that. So do the distros known what game is coming after GB, and the game after that.

Considering the fact that even I usually know the next few games coming down the pike, I'd imagine most of the distros do as well.

#8 7 years ago

So what's coming?

#9 7 years ago

If it's like the old days. Biggest distributors knew a lot of the future plans. Smaller distributors maybe a hint or two. Smallest distributors - Pinside would have it first.

LTG : )

#10 7 years ago

I'm sure they do to some extent but how much before we know it's anyone's guess.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So what's coming?

That's on a need to know basis .....

#12 7 years ago

So I'm a noob and started to figure out the douches. Thanks for the replies!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I think he was kidding man. It's a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from ff6735:

I think he was kidding man. It's a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

Of course it was a joke. Thus, the wink emoticon.
    Also, how are you a noob if you've been on Pinside for three years and have nearly 1,300 posts?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I meant, do distros know what pin is getting released next, or after that. So do the distros known what game is coming after GB, and the game after that.
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Of course they do, however its not public knowledge and they do not want to burn or risk their relationship with the manufacturer.
    Pinside is a great resource for knowing what is next you just have to really pay attention to certain posters as their info is always dead on.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Of course they do, however its not public knowledge and they do not want to burn or risk their relationship with the manufacturer.

Or burn themselves. If they have games in their warehouse to sell, those games will sit there longer if the next title sounds better.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So what's coming?

Areosmith
    Batman Vault
    Reskin of Big Juicy Melons
    Star Wars EP 7
    Elvira 3

These are ones I have been told by a few different people now, so I assume they are either correct or a single person leaked the info to many and I then heard it from multiples.

#18 7 years ago

Your forgot at least 2 jaws machine and Iron Maiden

#19 7 years ago

Batman vault would be awesome and hard for me to pass up. Same if they vault Tron.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Batman vault would be awesome and hard for me to pass up. Same if they vault Tron.

I actually like the gameplay in Batman. Excited to see what art they throw on it.

EDIT: Obviously whatever art they choose wont be the era I want so I'll be sure to come here and cry endlessly

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So what's coming?

Hendrix and Hardbodies.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Pinside is a great resource for knowing what is next you just have to really pay attention to certain posters as their info is always dead on.

Could you list the names of these posters?

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Considering the fact that even I usually know the next few games coming down the pike, I'd imagine most of the distros do as well.

Quoted from gweempose:

Of course it was a joke. Thus, the wink emoticon.
    Also, how are you a noob if you've been on Pinside for three years and have nearly 1,300 posts?

This just came across as I know, you dont, nanaybooboo.

I'm not necessarily asking what the games are, I realize that could jeopardize the relationship with Stern. Anyway, I think LTG gave me the answer I was looking for, now if people know for sure what the games are that even better, cause I need to know!

#24 7 years ago

I work for a distrib. No advance notice of games. Not more than a day. There's about 3 people on pinside who I would listen to [not naming names] that gives you a several month [at least] heads up.

I trust them enough to have my money saved and stored away for an Iron Maiden LE.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I work for a distrib. No advance notice of games. Not more than a day. There's about 3 people on pinside who I would listen to [not naming names] that gives you a several month [at least] heads up.
    I trust them enough to have my money saved and stored away for an Iron Maiden LE.

Sounds like we're 3-4 months away from a IM announcement. I would be shocked.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Areosmith
    Batman Vault
    Reskin of Big Juicy Melons
    Star Wars EP 7
    Elvira 3
    These are ones I have been told by a few different people now, so I assume they are either correct or a single person leaked the info to many and I then heard it from multiples.

Sounds like you made that up

#27 7 years ago

Talked to the distributor for my country last weekend and asked about this.. He said he had no more information.. it was collectors who read about games online that contact him and started ordering LE's for certain titles before he knows they'll be available.
    Only when it's possible to order he gets confirmation what the next game will be.
    LE's are also limited to 15 per country it seems ? and distributors are required to take them..

#28 7 years ago

Whenever you see a high priced low production stern game FS ( cointaker) you can bet it's the next vault.

#29 7 years ago

In the past i got a list of 7 stern titles, they all get made only Harry potter didn"t make it.
    So i now Stern must have a list for the next 2 years of game"s they want to make.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Sounds like you made that up

John, are you working for Stern now? You seem REALLY obsessed with any post I make concerning Stern.

I got hammered by you repeatedly when I told everyone in the KiSS code thread what I was told about the update coming (BTW I was largely spot on so my source had good info there).

You are being a little creepy, FYI.

Tone it down a notch.

#31 7 years ago

Do distributors normally put someone down on a list for a game that has not been announced yet?

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Or burn themselves. If they have games in their warehouse to sell, those games will sit there longer if the next title sounds better.

Exactly. They want the larger distributors to commit to a number to help gauge production.

And a distributor needs to know something about the title to decide how big a number they will commit to.

Otherwise how did all the LEs for GB get snapped up so fast.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Whenever you see a high priced low production stern game FS ( cointaker) you can bet it's the next vault.

Haha, exactly what I was going to say.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Do distributors normally out someone down on a list for a game that has not been announced yet?

A lot of customers got outed when Metallica was announced.

#35 7 years ago

That should have said PUT.

Do distributors normally put someone down on a list for a game that has not been announced yet?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Stern does not encourage the practice, but many distributors do exactly that.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I do like CT and have zero bad to say about how they've treated me for games or otherwise. I do have to side with Flank on this one tho! Flank interestin who thumbs downed you isn't it? Kaneda at his finest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-stern-distributors-know-in-advance-what-games-are-coming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.