Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by FalconDriver
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

I'm about to make a trade for a TRON (pro). I've always wanted to own a TRON, so many things to love about it!

My concern is that my only other pin at the moment is SS. Will these two machines play too similar? I understand that TRON will play much faster ... but I'm comparing the layouts are the look very close in layout design. I love SS but I'd really like to own two machines that feel different to jump back and forth between.

Thoughts?

#2 7 months ago

Good observation that they have similar ramp designs. Note, the game rule will be different obviously, but the shots will be very very similar. I have played both numerous times but don’t own either one, so gaining an owners perspective would,be good to have.

#3 7 months ago

I think they are totally different. Tron is fast to the point there are times I have a tough time even following the ball. SS is much slower, but in a good way. Much longer ball times on SS than on Tron for me anyways

#4 7 months ago

I've owned both.

No.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from Mank:

I think they are totally different. Tron is fast to the point there are times I have a tough time even following the ball. SS is much slower, but in a good way. Much longer ball times on SS than on Tron for me anyways

Yes, in terms of ball speed I agree TRON is much, much faster (opposite ends of the spectrum, really). I suppose I'm speaking specifically in terms of shots.

#6 7 months ago

No, not even close. Get Tron and get it fast. I'm not even that big of a Tron fan but SS while great for a while gets repetitive and boring real fast. Mine lasted 2 weeks. The callouts become tedious by the 4th ot 5th game. Tron is a way better pinball machine.

#7 7 months ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

No, not even close. Get Tron and get it fast. I'm not even that big of a Tron fan but SS while great for a while gets repetitive and boring real fast. Mine lasted 2 weeks. The callouts become tedious by the 4th ot 5th game. Tron is a way better pinball machine.

Thanks for the input. Just to be clear, not trying to turn this into SS vs. TRON.

I just want to know if own these two pins, as my only pins, would be silly of me due to their similar layout.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thanks for the input. Just to be clear, not trying to turn this into SS vs. TRON.

Neither am I.
Ridiculous questions get ridiculous answers. U should have known from looking at the games they don't play anything alike.

#9 7 months ago

No. They should be fine to own together. Completely different games.

#10 7 months ago

Those games offer much different playing experiences.

Obviously there is the 3rd flipper aspect which alone should be enough for variety.

With respect to ramp shots, Scared Stiff allows for a basic, but great criss-cross multiball jackpot sequence and both ramps can be easily be repeatedly looped. TRON has a much different ramp flow pattern.

Clearly there are other differences, but in short yes, if you end up with both games they will not feel the same.

#11 7 months ago

Get Tron. Do it.

#12 7 months ago

The real question is which machine has better cleavage

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The real question is which machine has better cleavage

That's easy to answer, the one that shipped with an extra plastic to cover said cleavage if deemed necessary.

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

That's easy to answer, the one that shipped with an extra plastic to cover said cleavage if deemed necessary.

I thought that was EATPP?

#15 7 months ago

Totally different pins. I own both. Tron is much faster esp with that third flipper.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside