(Topic ID: 317683)

Do RAD CALS help or hurt the value of a machine long term?

By pinflipper

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Squeakman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bsd (resized).jpeg
    20220221_171925 (resized).jpg
    20220220_111745 (resized).jpg
    20220220_195523 (resized).jpg
    20210927_140051 (resized).jpg
    20210927_140023 (resized).jpg
    20210924_130622 (resized).jpg
    20220626_135552 (resized).jpg
    20220626_135611 (resized).jpg
    20220626_135549 (resized).jpg
    20220626_135539 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 1 year ago

I did two BSDs with Radcals; I bought a set of decals but they were crap.

The Radcals colours looked great to me. I did a full cabinet restore first and carefully cut all holes with Forstner bits. I think they look very good.

However, there are definitely caveats to them and if I had confidence that I could get a quality set of decals I'd probably use those.

The main caveat is that the Radcals go right to the edge of the cabinet, so there can be overhang if you have any rounded corners. I didn't have the nerve to try to trim them but would like to hear good techniques to do so. You also have to be careful to not overtighten the cabinet bolts or they will warp the Radcals.

Also the original decals for BSD were not aligned properly between the sides and the front. The Radcals "correct" this by zooming the front a bit so they line up -- but then the bat icon doesn't sit centered over the start button any more. You win some, you lose some.

Personally, I think they look stunning on BSD.

bsd (resized).jpegbsd (resized).jpeg

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

How do you watch tv?

That was its holding pen while I was trying to sell it! I have my first restore; this is a second that I bought for reference while I restored the first. Then I figured I might as well fix this one up too — last seen in possession of HoneyBadger !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-rad-cals-help-or-hurt-the-value-of-a-machine-long-term?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.