• Latest reply 1 year ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Act-in-Haste-Repent-At-Leisure-GiveMeSomeEnglish.gif
#1 1 year ago

Last Action Hero - do I need to remove the actual pinballs prior to moving the machine ? If so I can't seem to figure out how to get them out

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from bbellas:

Last Action Hero - do I need to remove the actual pinballs prior to moving the machine ? If so I can't seem to figure out how to get them out

In the test menu you can activate the launcher till all are out. Just catch them before they drain.

#3 1 year ago

Depends on how you're moving it, but yes I always do it, just to be safe. You don't know how to take the balls out!? there should be a lever you can press (the one that activates to put a ball into the trough), or you can reach in with a magnetic picker upper stick and pull them out, or theres probably something in the settings menu to clear balls.

#4 1 year ago

If you are standing the game up, yes. If the game is staying flat you can leave them in.

In Data East games you can go into the menu when the game is on and there is a setting to eject the balls.

There is an extra coil hidden under the apron that keeps the balls back from being able to manually release them.

#5 1 year ago

You could do what I do and mentally make a note to take the balls out when you pick up a game, and then realize you forgot when you stand it up and they all come crashing out. Hasn't failed me yet!

#6 1 year ago

Short answer YES. Loose objects when moving game not your friend. Always better take time and do things correctly. Saves time fixing self induced mistake.

Shane

PS mininum while out clean and wax balls, inspect pits that eat playfields. Alternatively just put in new balls and be done with it.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks so much - do you know how to get the test menu up ? I hit the step button and only I see audits and adjustments

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from bbellas:

Thanks so much - do you know how to get the test menu up ? I hit the step button and only I see audits and adjustments

There should step up/down button. Press that down, then hit the advance button. When it’s up it brings you to audits, when it’s down it brings you to diagnostics.

#9 1 year ago

Thank you so much I was able to get the six balls out by doing clearing the trough diagnostic - now I just have those two balls left in the locked position on each side of the game - trying to figure out what setting ejects those

#10 1 year ago

Ahhh yes ! Get them out.
Also you can manually eject by pushing up the Solenoid plunger the goes to the trough

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from bbellas:

Thank you so much I was able to get the six balls out by doing clearing the trough diagnostic - now I just have those two balls left in the locked position on each side of the game - trying to figure out what setting ejects those

Just run coil test.

#12 1 year ago

Do take the balls out.

Page 25 of the manual explains how to use the "Easy Trough Clear" function.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1416/Data_East_1993_Last_Action_Hero_Manual.pdf

Edit: Never mind. I see you found it.

#13 1 year ago

I ran the coil test and cycled thru all options but neither of the locked balls got released - any thoughts ?

#14 1 year ago

The m-ball advance captive balls stay on the playfield. You are not supposed to remove them.
You need to remove the balls in the elevated tar pit on the left, but those should come out using the coil test if needed.

#15 1 year ago

Okay so yes it is the mball advanced balls that are locked in - is it okay to move the machine with those two in there the machine will be vertical as it's being moved to another house

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from bbellas:

Okay so yes it is the mball advanced balls that are locked in - is it okay to move the machine with those two in there the machine will be vertical as it's being moved to another house

Yes.

#17 1 year ago

Another trick is to securely wedge shop towels into drain / eject / lock areas. Handy when you can't eject balls because the game is electrically dead and/or the mechs are mechanically troublesome or inaccessible.

#18 1 year ago

Thank you everyone for all your great advice and responses - I really appreciate it !!!!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Another trick is to securely wedge shop towels into drain / eject / lock areas. Handy when you can't eject balls because the game is electrically dead and/or the mechs are mechanically troublesome or inaccessible.

Not always a good plan, on some titles the balls will get out of the trough and rattle around the apron area.

Ask me how I know!

#20 1 year ago

Always good to remove them.

Unless you like broken plastics and targets.

LTG : )

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:Always good to remove them.
Unless you like broken plastics and targets.

Don’t tell me what to do with my money pit!!! Maybe some of us enjoy buying all new plastics and targets!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Don’t tell me what to do with my money pit!!! Maybe some of us enjoy buying all new plastics and targets!

Best check if they are available. Hard to flush cash if the parts are NLA.

If available, then by all means go for it.

#23 1 year ago

I move my BW twice leaving the balls in it. It has a feature that holds them in. Maybe I was just lucky, don't know.

#24 1 year ago

It only took one drop target broken. Takes only a minute to eject...

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

It only took one drop target broken. Takes only a minute to eject...

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

Act-in-Haste-Repent-At-Leisure-GiveMeSomeEnglish.gifAct-in-Haste-Repent-At-Leisure-GiveMeSomeEnglish.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-pinballs-have-to-be-removed-before-moving-last-action-hero?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.